Author Topic: The Media Has Swarmed Into the Killers' House Without Any Official Permission, Compromising the Crime Scene and the Investigation  (Read 5293 times)

Oceander

Yeah, so you can't answer the questions I pose to you, and instead I get the troll dance.  As a landlord, did you allow strangers into your tenant's house and allow them to not only go through their personal property, but also film it and air it on national TV?

First off, you have no idea what the lease they have provides, so you have no clue whether or not the landlord had the right to re-enter the apartment, nor whether the landlord had the right to allow others to enter.  Furthermore, engaging in serious criminal conduct is very often grounds for terminating a residential lease, and that may be the case regardless of whether the lease so provides.

You're so hot to trot on Sinkspur and his alleged failure to grasp the facts.  Physician, heal thyself.

Oceander

Not in California.  You'd need a conviction before booting your tenant.

Again, your ignorance is available for all to see.  I have a hard time believing even Texas law allows a property owner to void a contract if they merely "suspected" their tenant of criminal activity no matter what "evidence" you felt you had.  You'll have to post that tenant/owner provision in your contract, or I'll have to suspect that you either had a handshake agreement or are lying.

Uh, proof of criminal conduct?  The police search the place and find pipe bombs and a bomb-making facility.  Under what interpretation of the law is that not criminal conduct?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Will bet money that the grandmother was NOT on the lease.  Therefore, she doesn't have any right to say who can enter and who can't.

Was the rent paid for December?  The killings were on the 2nd.

If they paid their rent on time each month, and it wasn't paid yet for December, together with the destruction of the hard drives and cell phones, etc., it would also add credence that the attack was planned and wasn't due to an insult thrown at the CHRISTmas Party.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

Not in California.  You'd need a conviction before booting your tenant.

Again, your ignorance is available for all to see.  I have a hard time believing even Texas law allows a property owner to void a contract if they merely "suspected" their tenant of criminal activity no matter what "evidence" you felt you had.  You'll have to post that tenant/owner provision in your contract, or I'll have to suspect that you either had a handshake agreement or are lying.

Another thing I don't like about California.  It's my property and if someone's building bombs in the basement, then he's out.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

A little snippet from a guide to landlord rights and responsibilities in California:

WHEN CAN
THE LANDLORD
ENTER
THE RENTAL UNIT?
California law states that a landlord can enter a
rental unit only for the following reasons:
•   In an emergency.
•   When the tenant has moved out or has
 abandoned the rental unit.
•   To make necessary or agreed-upon repairs,
decorations, alterations, or other improve-
ments.
•   To show the rental unit to prospective
tenants, purchasers, or lenders, to provide
entry to contractors or workers who are to
perform work on the unit, or to conduct an
initial inspection before the end of the
tenancy
•   If a court order permits the landlord to
enter.
•   If the tenant has a waterbed, to inspect the
installation of the waterbed when the
installation has been completed, and periodi-
cally after that to assure that the installation
meets the law’s requirements.

Seems to me that this certainly constitutes an emergency, and there's a good argument that they moved out and/or abandoned the apartment.

More to the point, do you really think any court - even a California court - is going to impose damages on the landlord for entering this apartment?

Offline Carling

Umm, let's just start with the first one there.  Please explain to me how tax credits for new construction are anything other than a government gimme, the government playing favorites by taking money from some and redistributing it to others?

On that point alone you are the liberal here, not Sinkspur.

So you're pro-tax in the case of privately-funded new construction projects that create jobs and add private workers both during construction and after completion.  Thanks for clearing that one up. 

Wow   :whistle:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online DCPatriot

Another thing I don't like about California.  It's my property and if someone's building bombs in the basement, then he's out.

It's probably already in the standard California lease.....any unlawful activity on the premises voids the lease.

I was just thinking that the landlord's cash flow is not very good....thus the reason for him getting the FBI to release the property back to him so that he could get another tenant in there.

Still surprised why the authorities didn't bag everything in the house right down to vacuuming the rugs and bagging whatever the machine picked up.

The Administration/Regime would gain tremendously if they could shut the investigation with only the two dead perps.  If they started fanning out picking up some of those "six or so Middle Eastern men coming and going and spending a lot of time in the garage at weird hours" that could prove that there is indeed an active cell in the neighborhood....and not just a couple pissed off at a Jewish co-worker.   {{{gag}}}
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Carling

First off, you have no idea what the lease they have provides, so you have no clue whether or not the landlord had the right to re-enter the apartment, nor whether the landlord had the right to allow others to enter.  Furthermore, engaging in serious criminal conduct is very often grounds for terminating a residential lease, and that may be the case regardless of whether the lease so provides.

You're so hot to trot on Sinkspur and his alleged failure to grasp the facts.  Physician, heal thyself.

I know what tenant laws in the liberal maven known as CA are.  I lived there for 3 years as a renter.  It's 100% regulated unless you have a handshake arrangement on the side.  Even then the law is in favor of the tenants.

Offline Carling

Uh, proof of criminal conduct?  The police search the place and find pipe bombs and a bomb-making facility.  Under what interpretation of the law is that not criminal conduct?

Under which law can a landlord allow in strangers to go through the personal belongings of the tenants, including the driver's license and credit card info of the mother who isn't considered a suspect?

Tell me.  I'd love to know.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
That's not how the law works.  The tenant has a right to notice, and even with that, the landlord can't allow in anyone other than his/herself into the residence until the renter gives written consent.  I've read that the mother was the renter, anyhow, so every single reporter could and should be charged with criminal trespass.
You are factually incorrect. I am a licensed Calif. R E Broker, with prop. management experience.  You basically don't know what you're talking about.
I believe the landlord should hand the dead tenants' possessions to their heirs, if they want them, assuming LE is done.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

So you're pro-tax in the case of privately-funded new construction projects that create jobs and add private workers both during construction and after completion.  Thanks for clearing that one up. 

Wow   :whistle:

Hee-hee.  Your complete and utter lack of ability to reason rationally definitely marks you as a liberal.  Now, you're so keen to "prove" that Sinkspur is a liberal by quoting his posts to him - you said so yourself - so I want you to take that wonderful little talent of yours, pore over my post, and show me exactly where I said that I was "pro-tax in the case of privately-funded new construction projects ....?

No, you don't get to play the inference and innuendo game - about the only game liberals are really good at - you must find me expressing those exact sentiments.  You know what an expression is, don't you?  It's the act of affirmatively stating something.

If you can't then you're nothing more than a liberal troll.  Are you a paid shill for Kos or for the HuffPo?  Or perhaps even the Old Gray Whore?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 02:51:14 am by Oceander »

Oceander

I know what tenant laws in the liberal maven known as CA are.  I lived there for 3 years as a renter.  It's 100% regulated unless you have a handshake arrangement on the side.  Even then the law is in favor of the tenants.

/snicker

Go read that excerpt from the California landlord's guide I put up.  You do know how to read, don't you?  It's so hard to tell with liberals these days.

Oceander

Under which law can a landlord allow in strangers to go through the personal belongings of the tenants, including the driver's license and credit card info of the mother who isn't considered a suspect?

Tell me.  I'd love to know.

The tenants clearly abandoned the apartment and any belongings left therein.  Surely not even a liberal like yourself believes that you can really take it with you when you die.  Do you?

Offline Carling

A little snippet from a guide to landlord rights and responsibilities in California:

Seems to me that this certainly constitutes an emergency, and there's a good argument that they moved out and/or abandoned the apartment.

More to the point, do you really think any court - even a California court - is going to impose damages on the landlord for entering this apartment?

I'm not talking about the landlord, I'm talking about the media members who entered the home illegally.  It sounds like the landlord didn't even enter the residence other than the doorway.

What's the emergency that would mean that complete strangers could go through the personal belongings of the mom, who the FBI says isn't a suspect?

Oceander

I'm not talking about the landlord, I'm talking about the media members who entered the home illegally.  It sounds like the landlord didn't even enter the residence other than the doorway.

What's the emergency that would mean that complete strangers could go through the personal belongings of the mom, who the FBI says isn't a suspect?

The tenants abandoned the apartment.  Or do you think their spirits will still come and inhabit the place?  D'ya think she's going to be happy when he brings his 72 virgins over?  Does she get 72 hunks of her own?

Offline Carling

It's probably already in the standard California lease.....any unlawful activity on the premises voids the lease.

Let's not deal in "probably" and start to deal in reality.  Where in CA law does it allow complete strangers to enter the dwelling of a private renter and steal their credit card numbers, even if they are deceased?

Offline sinkspur

The decent thing to do would have been to allow momma to come get her personal items.  No doubt those vulture lawyers for the family that appeared in that vomit-worthy press conference today are figuring out a way to get some cash out of this deal since they're probably having to work pro-bono.

Anyway, It's done and I don't think the news media or the landlord are going to have much legal exposure.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

Hee-hee.  Your complete and utter lack of ability to reason rationally definitely marks you as a liberal.  Now, you're so keen to "prove" that Sinkspur is a liberal by quoting his posts to him - you said so yourself - so I want you to take that wonderful little talent of yours, pore over my post, and show me exactly where I said that I was "pro-tax in the case of privately-funded new construction projects ....?

No, you don't get to play the inference and innuendo game - about the only game liberals are really good at - you must find me expressing those exact sentiments.  You know what an expression is, don't you?  It's the act of affirmatively stating something.

If you can't then you're nothing more than a liberal troll.  Are you a paid shill for Kos or for the HuffPo?  Or perhaps even the Old Gray Whore?

Can someone help me understand this gibberish?  I asked this guy a question about tax credits, he replied by calling them "government gimmees," and I'm the liberal troll?

Oceander

Let's not deal in "probably" and start to deal in reality.  Where in CA law does it allow complete strangers to enter the dwelling of a private renter and steal their credit card numbers, even if they are deceased?

You, a liberal, who thinks that using the tax code to privilege one group of people over another, think you have some grasp on reality?  Seriously?  I suppose black is white, up is down, and the Red Queen is on the move, too.

Offline Carling

/snicker

Go read that excerpt from the California landlord's guide I put up.  You do know how to read, don't you?  It's so hard to tell with liberals these days.

So you're saying that the contract was voided prior to the landlord allowing strangers into a private dwelling and to allow them to film the driver's license of the mom, who isn't a suspect and lives in the home?  Do you have a link for this?

Oceander

Can someone help me understand this gibberish?  I asked this guy a question about tax credits, he replied by calling them "government gimmees," and I'm the liberal troll?

What's to understand?  A tax credit is where someone gets a tax cut because they're doing something somebody in the government prefers.  That means that other people, who aren't doing that thing, have to make up the difference.  The tax credit is nothing more than redistribution - the taking of money from one person and giving it to another.

What don't you understand about that?

Oh, wait, I forgot, you're a liberal.

And, by the way, you proved it because you failed to show me where I said that I was pro-tax.

Get a life, get a job, get a brain, you effing moron.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
For the record..Carling is not a liberal troll...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Carling

The tenants abandoned the apartment.  Or do you think their spirits will still come and inhabit the place?  D'ya think she's going to be happy when he brings his 72 virgins over?  Does she get 72 hunks of her own?

The mother still lives in the residence.  She's not dead, and was known to live in the home.  The lease would be in escrow if the deceased died until the courts figured it out, but reports are the mother was on the lease, anyhow.  Either way there is no way the media should have been allowed in that house.

I hope other Briefing Room members are noticing the vehement defense of the media and Obama's FBI that is occurring in this thread.  This is what clear-minded people are up against.  I used to think their bashing of anyone who wasn't a follower of the establishment GOP was sensible, but my eyes just got opened as to how the GOPe and Dems are one and the same.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

In Calif. it is illegal to practice law without a license. Carling would have us believe he is an authority on Calif. Landlord-Tenant law, when he is not.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

I get your point, Carling.

IMO, it's a misdeed against the credit card company...no different than hacking their computer and offering the booty for sale to the public.

I still think the landlord couldn't afford to go another month with no cash flow.

OTOH....if I were to put my tinfoil hat on, I could see the landlord doing it if he knew what was going on all along.  Destruction of evidence, etc..