Author Topic: The terrible, horrible, no good start for the Republicans  (Read 15918 times)

Offline Relic

Re: The terrible, horrible, no good start for the Republicans
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2015, 10:51:04 pm »
You - I haven't given up on the newly elected Republican Congress. I said I'd give them 6 months to a year. However, the early returns aren't good. I've already heard Republicans saying they can't do much with both chambers, but give them the presidency and Congress, and then they'll make things happen. Ugh. 12/17/2014

You hadn't given up on a GOP Congress weeks before they'd been sworn in.

Seriously? Your comprehension skills are that bad? You're wrong time after time, so like some OCD pre-pubescent you're trying to goad me into just telling you to go do something impossible with yourself?

What does "haven't given up mean"? Maybe English is your second language so it escapes you?

I was complaining that the early rhetoric from Republicans matched their current performance. I said I'd give them 6 months, I gave them 2. But, they were in a hurry to show me they weren't going to do anything but capitulate.

I'm flattered you felt a need to search my posts, I only wish that you had the ability to understand what you read.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2015, 10:55:13 pm »
Say what you want or even call me unpatriotic or whatever, but I refuse to vote for someone who I do no feel is qualified for the job.  I am tired of voting for the lesser of the two evils.  I will not vote for Christie, Bush, Rubio, and the like.  It is way past time to vote with our conscious and NOT vote strictly because of party.  The conservative party that I voted for long ago seems to no longer exist.  Why is that?  Because too many of the GOPe have this mindset that if they are more moderate they will appeal to more voters.  Sorry, but I am one that doesn't agree.  The reason that the GOPe doesn't attract more voters is because they have lost their conservative way based on the principles upon which this country was founded and have allowed the slow dismantling of our Constitution over time all in the name of political correctness!
You still haven't cited the specific policies and actions taken by Bush as Governor of your state, that you oppose.

Did Bush's democrat opponent's position please you, where Bush's did not? There are no other viable options.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2015, 11:13:12 pm »
Seriously? Your comprehension skills are that bad? You're wrong time after time, so like some OCD pre-pubescent you're trying to goad me into just telling you to go do something impossible with yourself?

What does "haven't given up mean"? Maybe English is your second language so it escapes you?

I was complaining that the early rhetoric from Republicans matched their current performance. I said I'd give them 6 months, I gave them 2. But, they were in a hurry to show me they weren't going to do anything but capitulate.

I'm flattered you felt a need to search my posts, I only wish that you had the ability to understand what you read.

If you can describe my position as advocating open borders, then I can call yours condemning.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Relic

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2015, 11:16:32 pm »
If you can describe my position as advocating open borders, then I can call yours condemning.

You forgot neener, neener, neener.

You're a child, incapable of serious thought, or real contribution.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2015, 11:23:55 pm »

You're a child, incapable of serious thought, or real contribution.

That's a pretty sad statement, Relic. 

You absolutely know that's not true.  In fact, leveled at Luis, it only makes it more ludicrous.

And if I know it....pretty near everybody else does too.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Relic

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2015, 11:33:30 pm »
That's a pretty sad statement, Relic. 

You absolutely know that's not true.  In fact, leveled at Luis, it only makes it more ludicrous.

And if I know it....pretty near everybody else does too.

So, are you saying that if even you can perceive something, anyone can, (or should)? So, wouldn't that make any assertion you make suspect because of the context you previously laid out?

Have you followed the thread? According to the poster you're so anxious to defend, I'm a liar, I'm on my second handle, I'm in favor of mass deportations, and I was condemning the new Congress before they were seated, (all incorrect).

Hey, if that's the kind of deep thinker you value, it's ok. There are plenty of similar deep  thinkers in the GOPe, so you can be comfortable voting for them.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2015, 12:14:16 am »
ENOUGH
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2015, 12:23:25 am »
So, are you saying that if even you can perceive something, anyone can, (or should)? So, wouldn't that make any assertion you make suspect because of the context you previously laid out?

Have you followed the thread? According to the poster you're so anxious to defend, I'm a liar, I'm on my second handle, I'm in favor of mass deportations, and I was condemning the new Congress before they were seated, (all incorrect).

Hey, if that's the kind of deep thinker you value, it's ok. There are plenty of similar deep  thinkers in the GOPe, so you can be comfortable voting for them.

You are a liar.

"... you'll get your open borders."

I've never once argued in favor of open borders.

So that's a lie.

You're a staunch conservative, until your (sp) you're not.

The only "staunch conservative" is the guy claiming to be a "staunch conservative", since no one else will ever rise to the definition of what constitutes a "staunch conservative" to anyone claiming to be a "staunch conservative".

I'm conservative enough to satisfy my definition of what constitutes a conservative, and I am staunchly consistent in my beliefs. 

Just like your rulers in the GOPe.

How incredibly sophomoric.

P.S. I do hope that you will forgive my correction. I'm a stickler for grammar and spelling.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline evadR

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2015, 12:23:49 am »
Designed by patriots,
run by traitors.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2015, 12:29:16 am »
Designed by patriots,
run by traitors.

Well said and absolutely true!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2015, 12:34:42 am »
No amount of real conservative@ bellicosity, threats, wishful thinking  can overcome the Constitutional requirement for a 2/3 vote to override a Constitutional Presidential veto.

Replacing Boehner, McConnell and shouting louder, and making bolder threats won't change the Constitution, so often mentioned by them.

The other time tested method of governing, has been negotiations, compromises, etc. Reagan compromised often. 

:thumbsup:

Oceander

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2015, 12:36:47 am »
With all due respect, the personal insults and ad hominems are getting tiresome.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2015, 12:42:13 am »
With all due respect, the personal insults and ad hominems are getting tiresome.

So are the surrender monkeys!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2015, 12:44:55 am »
So are the surrender monkeys!

The wanna-be martyrs are even worse.

Offline raml

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2015, 12:46:02 am »
I will never vote for a democrat but I also won't vote for a democrat clothed as a republican imposter. I will vote my conscience and do a write in or vote another party and that is what a patriot would do and that is what I will do. Most of you here are not what I always knew as a true republican when I worked for the republican party you are way way to liberal. Times don't change as much as you think they do and neither should the party. Replacing Bonehead and mcconnell and their lap boys would change things a lot.

Offline Carling

« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2015, 12:47:19 am »

You're a guy in a GOP website admitting that you would for Democrats while calling others RINOs.

That tells me a lot about you, but only because you told me.

The personal attack came when you lied about my wanting open borders.

Who was the poster that used a racial slur on you, Luis?  Was it this same poster? 

I agree with what you posted, by the way.  The audacity of a so-called "conservative" calling others RINOs, and then stating he'd vote Democrat if he doesn't get his way, is about as hypocritical as it gets on this board.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Oceander

« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2015, 12:48:22 am »

Offline Relic

« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2015, 01:17:35 am »
I will never vote for a democrat but I also won't vote for a democrat clothed as a republican imposter. I will vote my conscience and do a write in or vote another party and that is what a patriot would do and that is what I will do. Most of you here are not what I always knew as a true republican when I worked for the republican party you are way way to liberal. Times don't change as much as you think they do and neither should the party. Replacing Bonehead and mcconnell and their lap boys would change things a lot.

We're headed to the same place, regardless of who is in charge. The plan is working perfectly. Set the people against each other, while the political class steals us blind, and fundamentally transforms the country.

Our only real choice is D or R. It's been demonstrated over and over in the past few years that it's not really a choice at all. Seriously, what is the value in voting R? To slow the march to an overbearing, all controlling state? In the meantime, the media can blame the R's for all of the ills while the liberal statist agenda is put in place. What exactly are the R's doing different than the D's would do? Oh, right, the R's bluster a lot. That's nice.

I've grown tired of the slow march, let's get it over with already.

Offline Relic

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2015, 01:19:29 am »
P.S. I do hope that you will forgive my correction. I'm a stickler for grammar and spelling.

You're a child.
I sincerely wish you get exactly what I think you deserve.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2015, 02:11:02 am »

Agree.

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Carling

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2015, 02:38:28 am »
You're a child.

Luis isn't your enemy, although if you do vote for Democrats as you said you would, I consider you an enemy to the USA.

A traitor, basically, as well as a useful idiot advancing communism.  Is that childish?  If so, it's my opinion on your act on this board, which seems to be all about constructing strawmen, and then lashing out when called on your hypocrisy. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:39:21 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2015, 03:13:37 am »
Relic wrote above:
[[ The Republicans were given the House and the Senate because the people wanted to put a check on Obama's executive orders, amnesty in particular. Now that the Republicans have shown their hand, and it's clear they will capitulate to Obama, the people will respond appropriately.
There is little chance the Republicans will win the presidency, or hold the Senate in 2016. ]]

I was predicting exactly this months before the election last November.

As it stands now, the Republican party is headed for what may be a crushing defeat in 2016 -- a remarkable "reversal of fortune" in but two years.

If Scott Walker becomes the candidate, perhaps, just perhaps, they'll yet have a chance.

But if Jeb Bush wins the nomination, the Pubbie's fate is assured. After 2016, they won't win the presidency again, and I will go on record predicting that the "Republican party" in America won't last twenty years afterwards.

In any case, the Republicans of 2015 have created an amazing legacy for themselves:
The first Lame Duck Majority Congress in the history of The United States.

Oceander

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 03:15:03 am by Oceander »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2015, 03:22:19 am »
Luis wrote above (regarding Relic):
[[ You've been condemning this Congress since before they were sworn into office. ]]

So did I, probably before anyone else in this forum.

And, to date, the new "Republican" Congress is behaving exactly as I predicted!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2015, 03:33:46 am »
You're a child.

I did.

A vote.