Author Topic: The terrible, horrible, no good start for the Republicans  (Read 15920 times)

Offline Relic

Re: The terrible, horrible, no good start for the Republicans
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2015, 04:46:00 pm »
The undying loyalty to the Republican party is the flip side of all those people who worship Obama without regard to his performance in office.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2015, 04:47:47 pm »
The undying loyalty to the Republican party is the flip side of all those people who worship Obama without regard to his performance in office.

:thumbsup:
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2015, 05:13:15 pm »
It's not undying loyalty to anyone or anything.

It's pragmatism and my belief that the GOP is the best available option to me at this time.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #128 on: March 04, 2015, 05:17:30 pm »
It's pragmatism and my belief that the GOP is the best available option to me at this time.

Too bad you have no choice but to vote for the lesser of two bad options.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:17:46 pm by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2015, 05:33:12 pm »

That's your opinion.

Others see dropping out of the political system either by not voting, or by wasting their efforts with an empty, symbolic vote for some obscure minority Party or politician with zero chance of having any impact on anything as their best option.

Having no record of governance to judge their chosen Party/politicians, those people always get to take the high road since they can always claim that their party/guy would have been better.

Many here believe that Ted Cruz is the solution to all that is wrong, but his record is the same record of the GOP.

The difference between the two are speeches.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline libertybele

« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2015, 05:34:34 pm »

That's the problem.  Everyone seems to think that we don't have another option, but we do.  Third Party candidates.  Do some research on the various different third parties ... get involved ... support them ... vote!  If we could get all the disgruntled GOP/DEM/Independent voters to do so, I am confident we could seat a 3rd party in the oval office.

I particularly like and am a supporter of the Constitution Party.

http://www.constitutionparty.com/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2015, 05:50:07 pm »
That's your opinion.

Others see dropping out of the political system either by not voting, or by wasting their efforts with an empty, symbolic vote for some obscure minority Party or politician with zero chance of having any impact on anything as their best option.

Having no record of governance to judge their chosen Party/politicians, those people always get to take the high road since they can always claim that their party/guy would have been better.

Many here believe that Ted Cruz is the solution to all that is wrong, but his record is the same record of the GOP.

The difference between the two are speeches.

Under your criteria, the Republican Party would have been stillborn in 1856, and Lincoln wouldn't have been on the ballot in 1860.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2015, 06:28:45 pm »
That's the problem.  Everyone seems to think that we don't have another option, but we do.  Third Party candidates.  Do some research on the various different third parties ... get involved ... support them ... vote!  If we could get all the disgruntled GOP/DEM/Independent voters to do so, I am confident we could seat a 3rd party in the oval office.

I particularly like and am a supporter of the Constitution Party.

http://www.constitutionparty.com/

Barack Obama won with nearly 70 million votes in 2012. That same year the Constitution  Party got less than 125,000 votes.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2015, 06:29:20 pm »
Under your criteria, the Republican Party would have been stillborn in 1856, and Lincoln wouldn't have been on the ballot in 1860.

Then again, this is not 1856, is it?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2015, 07:09:40 pm »
Luis wrote above:
[[ Then again, this is not 1856, is it? ]]

No, but if things keep going the way they're going in this country, we could be getting closer to "1861"...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2015, 09:18:54 pm »
Barack Obama won with nearly 70 million votes in 2012. That same year the Constitution  Party got less than 125,000 votes.

You just aren't getting it.  Yes, everyone is well aware that in the past 3rd parties have lost because people have always voted for "party" rather than the best candidate.  IF people were to vote their conscious things might be a whole lot different.  It is time to tell both parties to pack sand; we do have alternatives. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2015, 09:22:28 pm »
Luis wrote above:
[[ Then again, this is not 1856, is it? ]]

No, but if things keep going the way they're going in this country, we could be getting closer to "1861"...

I was thinking more like we are getting closer to 1775.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2015, 10:07:19 pm »
You just aren't getting it.  Yes, everyone is well aware that in the past 3rd parties have lost because people have always voted for "party" rather than the best candidate.  IF people were to vote their conscious things might be a whole lot different.  It is time to tell both parties to pack sand; we do have alternatives.

I always vote when I'm conscious.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2015, 10:11:43 pm »
I haven't been conscious since 1775, or is it 1856, or 1861 ?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline evadR

« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2015, 10:43:27 pm »
:laugh:The people on this forum are...well...and incredible source of humor.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2015, 12:22:24 pm »

At least one problem is those who aren't when they do.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 12:43:25 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck