Author Topic: Ted Cruz endorses Donald Trump for president.  (Read 14623 times)

Offline DB

Re: Ted Cruz endorses Donald Trump for president.
« Reply #375 on: January 19, 2024, 11:47:14 pm »
"In a 2004 interview, Trump told CNN's Wolf Blitzer: "In many cases, I probably identify more as Democrat", explaining: "It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. Now, it shouldn't be that way. But if you go back, I mean it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats...But certainly we had some very good economies under Democrats, as well as Republicans. But we've had some pretty bad disaster under the Republicans."[5] In a July 2015 interview, Trump said that he has a broad range of political positions and that "I identify with some things as a Democrat."[4]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Donald_Trump

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #376 on: January 20, 2024, 12:03:34 am »
"In a 2004 interview, Trump told CNN's Wolf Blitzer: "In many cases, I probably identify more as Democrat",  .  .  .

In 2013, Trump gave money to Kamala Harris.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #377 on: January 20, 2024, 12:07:03 am »
"In a 2004 interview, Trump told CNN's Wolf Blitzer: "In many cases, I probably identify more as Democrat", explaining: "It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. Now, it shouldn't be that way. But if you go back, I mean it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats...But certainly we had some very good economies under Democrats, as well as Republicans. But we've had some pretty bad disaster under the Republicans."[5] In a July 2015 interview, Trump said that he has a broad range of political positions and that "I identify with some things as a Democrat."[4]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Donald_Trump

Posting that hard truth and supporting article links and videos will get you banned at TOS these days.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline DB

« Reply #378 on: January 20, 2024, 12:13:34 am »
In 2013, Trump gave money to Kamala Harris.

He donated money to Hillary Clinton under Obama...

Offline LMAO

« Reply #379 on: January 20, 2024, 12:32:17 am »
Don't forget helping Harry Reid defeat his republican opponent

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-harry-reid-2010-letter-2016-11
President-elect Donald Trump wrote a letter to then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada in 2010 following his victory over Republican opponent Sharron Angle congratulating him and adding "you are amazing!"

Advertisement
The letter, which was provided by Reid's office to BuzzFeed on Sunday, came after Trump ridiculed the outgoing Senate minority leader in a weekend tweet.

"I have always had a good relationship with Chuck Schumer," Trump wrote. "He is far smarter than Harry R and has the ability to get things done. Good news!"

Trump donated $4,800 to Reid's 2010 campaign. Schumer, the incoming Senate minority leader and a New York senator, received the most in donations from Trump of any sitting member of the Senate.

The issue of these donations to Democrats were raised in 2016 and if it didn't matter then, it won't matter now to his base. But it may explain why he took the positions he did when president on things like trade, spending, COVID
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 07:37:05 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #380 on: January 20, 2024, 01:52:41 am »
 9999hair out0000  OK
Let's just suppose Trump is as liberal as Biden and all the Democrats!   So what's the alternative in this election cycle?  I don't see one.  So, if I have to choose between Trump (who I have NEVER liked) and Biden, I'm not choosing Biden!  I will choose every conservative Republican that I can, and I will not let my vote for president go unchecked.  I will not leave the communist party in power!  As bad as Trump is, he is not worse than Biden in so many ways!  Unless we can come together, Biden will be our next President (if he lasts that long). 

These are my thoughts for tonight.  Some things may change in the months to come except my total disgust with Biden!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #381 on: January 20, 2024, 01:59:10 am »
I will choose every conservative Republican that I can, and I will not let my vote for president go unchecked.

I never do that.  I make sure I vote for someone, anyone, whatever third party candidate is the most Conservative.  Or I write somebody in.  But I want the GOP to know that I showed up on election day and my vote was available, but they decided to go after Democrat voters instead of the votes of their longstanding Conservative base.

Yeah, I voted.  And that vote could have been for your GOP candidate.  But you chose otherwise.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #382 on: January 20, 2024, 01:59:35 am »
9999hair out0000  OK
Let's just suppose Trump is as liberal as Biden and all the Democrats!   So what's the alternative in this election cycle?  I don't see one.  So, if I have to choose between Trump (who I have NEVER liked) and Biden, I'm not choosing Biden!  I will choose every conservative Republican that I can, and I will not let my vote for president go unchecked.  I will not leave the communist party in power!  As bad as Trump is, he is not worse than Biden in so many ways!  Unless we can come together, Biden will be our next President (if he lasts that long). 

These are my thoughts for tonight.  Some things may change in the months to come except my total disgust with Biden!

The false lede there is that you HAVE TO choose.
You do not.
I certainly will not.
They BOTH disgust me.

And in choosing that which disgusts you, you will get MORE of what disgusts you.
That's how it works.

So I will choose that which I want, and nothing else.
That's what a vote IS, and all it can be... An endorsement.

Offline DB

« Reply #383 on: January 20, 2024, 03:00:31 am »
9999hair out0000  OK

Both will further destroy the country. Trump did massive damage to the country with his Covid response and deficit spending. Seriously, what could of a Democratic President done that would have been worse than what happened under Trump's watch? The mandate was about the only difference. "None essential" businesses were destroyed. People were paid not to work. People were told not to pay their rent. People were told not to pay their student loans. People died alone in the hospital and were made pariahs for not wearing a mask that did nothing. None of that should be rewarded.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #384 on: January 20, 2024, 03:34:58 am »
Both will further destroy the country. Trump did massive damage to the country with his Covid response and deficit spending. Seriously, what could of a Democratic President done that would have been worse than what happened under Trump's watch? The mandate was about the only difference. "None essential" businesses were destroyed. People were paid not to work. People were told not to pay their rent. People were told not to pay their student loans. People died alone in the hospital and were made pariahs for not wearing a mask that did nothing. None of that should be rewarded.

Besides that, both SS and Medicare are facing serious funding issues. Instead of acknowledging that serious reforms are need for both programs, he attacks any Republican that even talks reform with democrat talking points.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 04:20:16 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #385 on: January 20, 2024, 04:54:00 am »
His Grabbin the P comment should repulse every single woman in this country.

@catfish1957

I was disgusted by it. But then I started thinking about the things women say to each other when they believe they're having a conversation that only the 2 of them will hear, and I was forced to evaluate his comment through that template.

The comment I thought was the most disgusting was what he said about McCain. That was intentional and public and completely uncalled for. I'm no fan of John McCain, but I would never take a nasty swipe at him regarding his military service -- especially if I'd managed to skip military service altogether. THAT was the low-life comment Trump made in 2016 that I consider the most egregious.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #386 on: January 20, 2024, 04:55:04 am »
Republicans in Congress at least act as a brake on Biden, and don't let him pass legislation for new programs.  But Republicans in Congress may well go along with the same stuff as long as it is proposed by Trump.

Offline DB

« Reply #387 on: January 20, 2024, 04:57:50 am »
Republicans in Congress at least act as a brake on Biden, and don't let him pass legislation for new programs.  But Republicans in Congress may well go along with the same stuff as long as it is proposed by Trump.

What did Trump block on any Democrat budget?

Zip.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #388 on: January 21, 2024, 05:30:24 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

ALL Trump cares about his how he gets written about in the history books,and given his ego,he wants to go down in history as "The President that saved America".

Which is why he'd have no hesitancy in cutting non-conservative deals with Democrats as long as it makes him better liked in the short-term, as he lacks the education - formal or otherwise - to understand the long-term import of policies.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #389 on: January 21, 2024, 05:31:45 pm »
What did Trump block on any Democrat budget?

Zip.

Exactly.  It's also why he handed out COVID funds, and let Fauci do his thing.  It was the path of least resistance in terms of trying to make himself more popular.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #390 on: January 21, 2024, 05:51:34 pm »
Exactly.  It's also why he handed out COVID funds, and let Fauci do his thing.  It was the path of least resistance in terms of trying to make himself more popular.

But . . . but . . . but Trump had to do that in order to get re-elected.  The people would have turned on him if he hadn't given the Democrats everything they asked for (and more).

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #391 on: January 21, 2024, 06:16:15 pm »
But . . . but . . . but Trump had to do that in order to get re-elected.  The people would have turned on him if he hadn't given the Democrats everything they asked for (and more).

And that's where the argument by @sneakypete that "all Trump cares about is how he is remembered in the history books" bites him in the ass.  Trump cares about being loved by as many people as possible.  He isn't dedicated to conservative principles, or really any principles at all.  So if he thinks they'll write something nice about an action he takes, he'll do it.  Left, right...doesn't matter.  Being popular in the moment does.

I'd much, much rather have a President who cared about doing the right thing, rather than one who cares only what others may write about him.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 07:09:08 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #392 on: January 21, 2024, 06:40:02 pm »

And yet we are told that he is the only one that can fight the Democrats and turn this Titanic around

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #393 on: January 21, 2024, 07:07:24 pm »
And that's where the argument by @sneakypete that "all Trump cares about is how he is remembered in the history books" bites him in the ass.  Trump cares about being loved by as many people as possible.  He isn't dedicated to conservative principles, or really any principles at all.  So if he thinks they'll write something nice about an action he takes, he'll do it.  Left, right...doesn't matter.  Being popular in the moment does.

I'd much, much rather have a President who cared about doing the right thing, not about what others may write about him.

Besides, I see no statement from Trump declaring that all he cares about is going down in the history books as the president that “saved America”

Much like the draining the swamp claim from 2016, it’s a fiction his supporters created

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #394 on: January 21, 2024, 07:13:55 pm »
Besides, I see no statement from Trump declaring that all he cares about is going down in the history books as the president that “saved America”

Much like the draining the swamp claim from 2016, it’s a fiction his supporters created

Correctamundo.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #395 on: January 21, 2024, 10:29:27 pm »
And yet we are told that he is the only one that can fight the Democrats and turn this Titanic around

@LMAO

No,he is the only one that WILL fight the Dims.

Everybody else will be focused on getting re-elected starting the day after the elections.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #396 on: January 21, 2024, 10:40:00 pm »
@LMAO

Everybody else will be focused on getting re-elected starting the day after the elections.
You seem to forget trump did exactly that his first term, along with antagonizing everyone he needed to get long lasting results and instead everything he accomplished was done by EO and erased by Biden. So what has changed, not Trump he still the thin skinned ass who thrives on attacking anyone he considers disloyal, and that sure seems to be a hell of a lot of republicans...again. Trump couldn't get jack done with out using EO's the first time and he had a supermajority then. IF he gets elected again I seriously doubt he will have even a slim majority in one house so all we get is a four year lame duck who once again only accomplishes anything temporarily by EO's. As a bonus he will no doubt piss off both democrats and republicans and we will again end up with a dem after and every EO will be erased again. So much winning **nononono*
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 10:53:48 pm by GtHawk »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #397 on: January 21, 2024, 10:44:09 pm »
@LMAO

LOL! What bullshit!

The liberals got all they wanted and more out of his first term.
Why would this term be better @sneakypete ?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #398 on: January 21, 2024, 10:45:13 pm »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #399 on: January 21, 2024, 10:48:11 pm »
@LMAO

Examples from his first term?

Barry Goldwater