Author Topic: What’s Wrong With Ron? Look At This Video From DeSantis In Utah….Watch Closely  (Read 7176 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@jafo2010

Blah,blah,blah,squared.

IF your guy brings anything to the WH is will be gifts for President Trump.

Top notch @sneakypete    888high58888

Online roamer_1

IF your guy brings anything to the WH is will be gifts for President Trump.

Nope. Automatically, anyone who kisses rings is NOT my guy.

Online LMAO

And that, in a nutshell, defines a cult of personality.  Donald Trump is at the center of a cult of personality, and his fervent supporters are nothing more, nor less, than religious cultists worshipping him.

I first saw this when it came to Barack Obama in 2008 and his fervent supporters. And it got worse with Trump in 2016.

Trump said he could shoot somebody on fifth Avenue and not lose supporters he wasn’t kidding. Any candidate should lose supporters if they randomly shoot another person. I believe he would lose some. But the amount he would lose would be negligible.

His hinting of his supporters committing violence should he be convicted should be an automatic disqualifier

This does not describe everybody that supports Donald Trump. But it does seem to be more applicable to his supporters than any other candidate.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 12:38:11 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

His hinting of his supporters committing violence should he be convicted should be an automatic disqualifier

Was it hinting or was it encouraging?
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Trump said he could shoot somebody on fifth Avenue and not lose supporters....

That's the kind of disparaging thing someone would normally say about their opponent and their opponent's supporters.  It's an insult because it implies that the supporters are unthinking lemmings who refuse to accept that their candidate can ever be wrong.  It's essentially accusing that leader of being cult-like.

For Trump to say that about himself and his own supporters was just bizarre.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I first saw this when it came to Barack Obama in 2008 and his fervent supporters. And it got worse with Trump in 2016.

Trump said he could shoot somebody on fifth Avenue and not lose supporters he wasn’t kidding. Any candidate should lose supporters if they randomly shoot another person. I believe he would lose some. But the amount he would lose would be negligible.

This does not describe everybody that supports Donald Trump. But it does seem to be more applicable to his supporters than any other candidate.

@LMAO

Good to see you people come out and  admit that a politician with  nothing to lose scares the hell out of you.

The fact that he DOES scare people like you is one of the major reasons I support him.

IF "we,the people" keep electing the morons that people like you support,people like Biden will become the norm,not an aberration,and the corruption and the destruction of America will never end until we become a police state.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Was it hinting or was it encouraging?

@deb

Desperation is NEVER pretty.

Online LMAO

@LMAO

Good to see you people come out and  admit that a politician with  nothing to lose scares the hell out of you.

The fact that he DOES scare people like you is one of the major reasons I support him.

IF "we,the people" keep electing the morons that people like you support,people like Biden will become the norm,not an aberration,and the corruption and the destruction of America will never end until we become a police state.

I just don’t care for politicians that hint at acts of violence if they don’t get their way.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

That's the kind of disparaging thing someone would normally say about their opponent and their opponent's supporters.  It's an insult because it implies that the supporters are unthinking lemmings who refuse to accept that their candidate can ever be wrong.  It's essentially accusing that leader of being cult-like.

For Trump to say that about himself and his own supporters was just bizarre.

Excellent point

We make fun of that statement. Have you ever heard any of his supporters blast him for that statement? No

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LMAO

Yet,you can't see it with the "Do Ron,Ron Cult"?

Maybe that's because it's a little too close to you for comfort?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I just don’t care for politicians that hint at acts of violence if they don’t get their way.

@LMAO

NOT buying it.

Online LMAO

@LMAO

Yet,you can't see it with the "Do Ron,Ron Cult"?

Maybe that's because it's a little too close to you for comfort?

Until Ron DeSantis, or any of the other GOP 2024 presidential hopefuls, makes claims of being able to randomly shoot people and not lose supporters or hints at acts of violence from his supporters if he doesn’t get his way, you have no argument

« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 01:14:12 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Until Ron DeSantis makes claims of being able to randomly shoot people and not lose supporters or hints at acts of violence from his supporters if he doesn’t get his way, you have no argument

@LMAO

Yet people have been elected to be President who  campaigned on willingness to go to war against other nations,and AFAIK,you never seemed to find fault with that.

Not just you,either. Seems like a majority of Americans were going along with it.

What is phony is your pretend outrage over a rhetorical statement that was uttered during a campaign in order to show  how far ahead of his opponents he was in a political campaign at that time.

You,and the other RNC clones pretended to get your panties all in a wad over this and pretended you think he actually  believed he could have done that and gotten away with it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 01:21:53 pm by sneakypete »

Online LMAO

It is kind of odd how @sneakypete has gone from really not liking Trump to being a Trump worshipper.  When most sane people, including myself, went from being a Trump supporter to someone that just can't stand the guy.

I have nothing personal against Donald Trump nor do I think his supporters are the spawn of Satan. He just was not that effective a President. And his presence costs Republicans elections. These are just facts

Everything he did correctly such as the border and energy independence is now gone with nothing more than an election. You can’t just simply rule by executive orders.

But conduct after his election loss leaves a lot to be desired. And we would be rightfully condemning Hillary Clinton if she conducted her self the same way after her 2016 loss

So no matter how bleak the electoral prospects are for the Democrats, Donald Trump is their lifeline
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 01:41:09 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

@LMAO

Yet people have been elected to be President who  campaigned on willingness to go to war against other nations,and AFAIK,you never seemed to find fault with that.

Not just you,either. Seems like a majority of Americans were going along with it.

What is phony is your pretend outrage over a rhetorical statement that was uttered during a campaign in order to show  how far ahead of his opponents he was in a political campaign at that time.

You,and the other RNC clones pretended to get your panties all in a wad over this and pretended you think he actually  believed he could have done that and gotten away with it.

The more you respond, the more you prove my point

What does hinting at political violence among supporters, if convicted, have to do with being far ahead in the Republican primary polls? Absolutely nothing.

And who is running on the promise of going to war with other nations, if elected? If you’re talking about the George W Bush, 2000 campaign, he actually was critical of the idea of nation building
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 01:28:13 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It is kind of odd how @sneakypete has gone from really not liking Trump to being a Trump worshipper.  When most sane people, including myself, went from being a Trump supporter to someone that just can't stand the guy.

@Jack Russell

As usual,you are delusional.

I am on record as NOT liking him personally.

My personally liking OR hating him does not have one single damn thing to do with the FACT that at this point HE seems to be the only chance America has of remaining  a free nation of free people.

On the other hand,people like you want to vote for the cheerleaders,hoping that we can continue to vote for the usual Party Suspects,and THIS time things will be different and they will work for America,not the Party and themselves.

Trump is the ONLY candidate that will not only NOT  enrich himself by becoming President,he will actually LOSE money by becoming President because the uber-rich left will all refuse to do business with him or his companies.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 01:46:28 pm by sneakypete »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

@LMAO

No, the statement had nothing to do with how far ahead he was.  It was a claim that his supporters were so utterly devoted to him that they would follow him unquestioningly.  And personally...that bothers me a bit.  I think that's one of the reasons we had people do crap on January 6 that they never should have done.

If you want another practical example of the impact of his mindset, just take the Ukraine war.  You are in a very small minority in terms of being a Trump supporter who actually supports Ukraine.  The vast majority of people who support Trump oppose aid to Ukraine.  And the reason they oppose it is because Trump opposes it.  That's it.  Your freethinking on that is actually pretty rare.

To me, that is extraordinarily concerning given some of the positions Trump has taken on other issues.  The ridiculous "Freedom Cities".  The idea for massive government camps for drug addicts.  He's got another one to "get rid of ugly buildings."  These are ideas that no conservative -- or even RINO Republican -- would normally ever support or defend because they are left-wing, populist, Big Government ideas.  Normally, we could expect most Republicans to stand against those ideas, but if they come from a Republican President backed by a mass of voters who will reflexively support anything he proposes...who is going to stop them?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No, the statement had nothing to do with how far ahead he was.  It was a claim that his supporters were so utterly devoted to him that they would follow him unquestioningly.  And personally...that bothers me a bit.  I think that's one of the reasons we had people do crap on January 6 that they never should have done.

If you want another practical example of the impact of his mindset, just take the Ukraine war.  You are in a very small minority in terms of being a Trump supporter who actually supports Ukraine.  The vast majority of people who support Trump oppose aid to Ukraine.  And the reason they oppose it is because Trump opposes it. That's it.  Your freethinking on that is actually pretty rare.

@Maj. Bill Martin

A "vast majority of people" who oppose aid to Ukraine is BullBush. What you are really  writing about are what people on this message board are posting,and people on political message boards do NOT speak for the majority of voters,no matter how much we might like to  think we have political  "influence".

And THAT is not even taking into account how many  posters here might not respond to all the anti-Trump ranting and raving here because they are just tired of all the arguing.

The ONE  think I KNOW to be true is that we are NOT going to get the change we need  to make  sure America survives as a free and independent nation of free citizens is we keep voting for the usual Party People Suspects. After all,it was these professional loons that got us here in the first place,and they have zero intention of changing anything because this is what is keeping them in office and keeping them wealthy.

Trump,is the ONLY political candidate running that stands to LOSE money  if elected. Think about THAT one for a while.

Online LMAO

One needs to step back and look at Donald Trump’s first term and ask themselves did the democrats/left gain under Donald Trump or did they lose? The answer is they gained and they are continuing to gain. And, if by some freak of nature, Donald Trump manages to pull it off again, they will just gain even more in the 2026 midterms and beyond.

I can’t guarantee that any other Republican would defeat the Democrats. But I know Donald Trump can’t and won’t.

Why do you think that just weeks before the 2022 midterm, Joe Biden came out and did that “MAGA Republican” speech? Because someone on his staff focused grouped that and knew that that was their only shot of preventing a red wave. And it worked quite well.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 02:37:36 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

A "vast majority of people" who oppose aid to Ukraine is BullBush. What you are really  writing about are what people on this message board are posting,and people on political message boards do NOT speak for the majority of voters,no matter how much we might like to  think we have political  "influence".

I'm not even thinking of the folks here at all.  I'm thinking of MAGA politicians, Tucker Carlson, etc.. It seems to be a baseline premise of "America First/MAGA"

Trump's most loyal supporters in Congress are calling for an immediate halt to US support for Ukraine

https://www.businessinsider.com/republicans-introduce-bill-calling-for-halting-us-aid-to-ukraine-2023-2

Here are the 70 House Republicans who voted to cut off all US military aid to Ukraine

https://www.businessinsider.com/which-house-republicans-voted-gaetz-end-military-aid-ukraine-2023-7

And here's a poll saying the same thing:

Poll: Most Trump voters say U.S. has given 'too much' aid to Ukraine

https://news.yahoo.com/poll-most-trump-voters-say-us-has-given-too-much-aid-to-ukraine-185624688.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Trump,is the ONLY political candidate running that stands to LOSE money  if elected. Think about THAT one for a while.

Why does that matter?  I think most people who go that far in politics are motivated more by ideology/principles/lust for power than just money.  George Soros spends billions to put radical leftists in power all over the country -- he's clearly not motivated by money.  Mike Bloomberg spent over a billion of his own dollars to get elected Mayor of New York, and he certainly never made that back.  Tom Steyer, a lefty Democrat, spent over $300M of his own money running for President.  Again, he's a guy who actually retired from investment banking to run for office, so making money wasn't the reason he ran.

Does the fact that Soros, Bloomberg, and Steyer all lost hundreds of millions just to advance political causes mean they'd be good for the country?

Trump has more than enough money to live as comfortably as he wishes for the rest of his life, so money doesn't really matter to him anyway.  He cares more about having power and adulation.  But I don't see how any of that makes him a superior candidate to anyone else.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 02:37:51 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm not even thinking of the folks here at all.  I'm thinking of MAGA politicians, Tucker Carlson, etc.. It seems to be a baseline premise of "America First/MAGA"

Trump's most loyal supporters in Congress are calling for an immediate halt to US support for Ukraine

https://www.businessinsider.com/republicans-introduce-bill-calling-for-halting-us-aid-to-ukraine-2023-2

Here are the 70 House Republicans who voted to cut off all US military aid to Ukraine

https://www.businessinsider.com/which-house-republicans-voted-gaetz-end-military-aid-ukraine-2023-7

And here's a poll saying the same thing:

Poll: Most Trump voters say U.S. has given 'too much' aid to Ukraine

https://news.yahoo.com/poll-most-trump-voters-say-us-has-given-too-much-aid-to-ukraine-185624688.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Why does that matter?  I think most people who go that far in politics are motivated more by ideology/principles/lust for power than just money.  George Soros spends billions to put radical leftists in power all over the country -- he's clearly not motivated by money.

@Maj. Bill Martin

ROFLMAO!

POWER is more reliable than mere money. Money is spent every day in order to gain power. Think of the parable about "The man with one eye is the King in the land of the blind."

People with  money suck up  to people who  have power,and that is a FACT.

Mike Bloomberg spent over a billion of his own dollars to get elected Mayor of New York, and he certainly never made that back.  Tom Steyer, a lefty Democrat, spent over $300M of his own money running for President.  Again, he's a guy who actually retired from investment banking to run for office, so making money wasn't the reason he ran.

Does the fact that Soros, Bloomberg, and Steyer all lost hundreds of millions just to advance political causes mean they'd be good for the country?

YOU seem to be the one implying that to be the case,why denying it at the same time. They spend the money  to buy power and access to power.

Trump is the opposite case. He is drive by ego and an eye at the history books. Running  for public office has done nothing but lost him money.

Trump has more than enough money to live as comfortably as he wishes for the rest of his life, so money doesn't really matter to him anyway. He cares more about having power and adulation. 

ROFLMAO! He HAD power and adulation UNTIL he ran for President and won. Seems like both the left AND the alleged Right have done their best to cut him down ever since

But I don't see how any of that makes him a superior candidate to anyoe else.

You wouldn't. You  might not realize this yourself,but like many  Americans,you are stuck on the "Lincoln grew up in a log cabin and became President" theme,and raised to mistrust/hate wealthy  people from birth.

NOT that mistrusting wealthy  people is necessarily  a  bad thing. Most DO seem to fit the greedy and selfish reputations of the wealthy.

Trump even fits into that due to the fact he is pumping up his ego by running for President and trying to make a spot in the history  books as "The President that saved America".  The goal is noble,even if the motive is more than a little selfish.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

@sneakypete

You wouldn't. You  might not realize this yourself,but like many  Americans,you are stuck on the "Lincoln grew up in a log cabin and became President" theme,and raised to mistrust/hate wealthy people from birth.

How the f*ck would you know how I was raised??  I was taught to admire people who succeeded, I still believe that, and I frankly detest those who dislike people because of their wealth.  So no, I don't "mistrust/hate" wealthy people at all.  Hell, I voted for Bushes three times, and for Romney, and they weren't exactly raised in log cabins.

I actually think wealth is completely irrelevant to whether someone would be a good or bad Presidential candidate. It's a non-issue, because the ability to make money does not mean you are a good person morally or have the right political values.  And because for most national political figures, money isn't their prime motivator anyway.

NOT that mistrusting wealthy people is necessarily a  bad thing. Most DO seem to fit the greedy and selfish reputations of the wealthy.

Damn -- so it looks like you are actually what you accused me of being.  That's almost funny.

Trump even fits into that due to the fact he is pumping up his ego by running for President and trying to make a spot in the history  books as "The President that saved America".  The goal is noble,even if the motive is more than a little selfish.

Everyone is the hero of their own story.  Everyone thinks their own goals are noble.  That something far too many people get wildly wrong.   Your political enemies almost always are doing things that they believe are good, not things that are wrong/evil. 

They don't sit around twiddling their evil mustaches and congratulating themselves on their nefarious plot to destroy the world. Soros believes he's helping to save the world.  So does AOC, Joe Biden, Barack Obama.  Same with Mike Pence, Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney, Nikki Haley, Ron DeSantis, and yes, Donald Trump.  They all would want to go down as "The President (or person) who saved America (or the world)".  That isn't anything unique to Trump, and that's been my point all along.

The difference between all of them isn't the desire to be a national or world hero, but exactly what their view is of the ideal world, what are their values, and exactly how they'd go about getting from here to there.  Because incompetents will never get from here to their regardless of their intentions, and others will use methods that are themselves terrible in the effort to get from here to there.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 04:24:17 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online LMAO

@sneakypete

How the f*ck would you know how I was raised??  I was taught to admire people who succeeded, I still believe that, and I frankly detest those who dislike people because of their wealth.  So no, I don't "mistrust/hate" wealthy people at all.  Hell, I voted for Bushes three times, and for Romney, and they weren't exactly raised in log cabins.

I actually think wealth is completely irrelevant to whether someone would be a good or bad Presidential candidate. It's a non-issue, because the ability to make money does not mean you are a good person morally or have the right political values.  And because for most national political figures, money isn't their prime motivator anyway.

Damn -- so it looks like you are actually what you accused me of being.  That's almost funny.

Everyone is the hero of their own story.  Everyone thinks their goals are noble.  That something far too many people get wildly wrong.   Your political enemies almost always are doing things that they believe are good, not things that are wrong/evil.  Soros believes he's helping to save the world.  So does AOC, Joe Biden, Barack Obama.  Same with Mike Pence, Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney, Nikki Haley, Ron DeSantis, and yes, Donald Trump.  They all would want to go down as "The President (or person) who saved America (or the world)".  That isn't anything unique to Trump, and that's been my point all along.

The difference between all of them isn't the desire to be a national or world hero, but exactly what their view is of the ideal world, what are their values, and exactly how they'd go about getting from here to there.  Because incompetents will never get from here to their regardless of their intentions, and others will use methods that are themselves terrible in the effort to get from here to there.

You’ve been here long enough to know that that particular poster is an expert when it comes to using strawmen, non sequiturs, and ad hominems

I don’t care that Donald Trump is rich. I do care about the nearly $8 trillion of debt added on his watch with the promise of even more if he should be elected. I do care about his conduct after his election loss that has made it difficult for Republicans in general to win general elections. I do care about his hints of violence if things don’t go his way. I do care about his wild and crazy election stances, and promises that have no way of ever being implemented and are not thought out. I do care the Democrats and the left are gaining since he’s come on the scene.

Barry Goldwater