Author Topic: What’s Wrong With Ron? Look At This Video From DeSantis In Utah….Watch Closely  (Read 7225 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
You’ve been here long enough to know that that particular poster is an expert when it comes to using strawmen, non sequiturs, and ad hominems.

I like @sneakypete .  Not just for his military service, but also because he shows enough independence of thought to not follow Trump's lead on Ukraine, which is more than I can say for some others who follow him reflexively on every single issue.  He's reached his conclusions about Trump.  I disagree with him, but I think he holds his opinions honestly even if I think they are wrong.  So, I don't have an issue engaging with him on something like this.

Offline LMAO

I like @sneakypete .  Not just for his military service, but also because he shows enough independence of thought to not follow Trump's lead on Ukraine

Same here.

And I also agree with you that his position on Ukraine is principled that he’s willing to part ways with Donald Trump on that and you have to respect that regardless if one agrees or disagrees with our Ukrainian policy

We take shots at him. And he takes his shots at us. Nothing personal.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 04:59:33 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

@LMAO

Good to see you people come out and  admit that a politician with  nothing to lose scares the hell out of you.

The fact that he DOES scare people like you is one of the major reasons I support him.

IF "we,the people" keep electing the morons that people like you support,people like Biden will become the norm,not an aberration,and the corruption and the destruction of America will never end until we become a police state.

TWENTY FRIGG8N TRILLION DOLLARS .
He scares me BECAUSE he's the same sort of  MORON as all the rest. Spending us into a fiscal Armageddon.

The kind of folks Conservatives want would never do that.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

TWENTY FRIGG8N TRILLION DOLLARS .
He scares me BECAUSE he's the same sort of  MORON as all the rest. Spending us into a fiscal Armageddon.

The kind of folks Conservatives want would never do that.

What concerns me is that some of being a populist overlaps with being a big government liberal. I could see Trump getting some support for his grandiose ideas from Democrats, and there wouldn't be any organized opposition in Congress capable of stopping him.

Offline LMAO

What concerns me is that some of being a populist overlaps with being a big government liberal. I could see Trump getting some support for his grandiose ideas from Democrats, and there wouldn't be any organized opposition in Congress capable of stopping him.

And what is he willing to give Democrats in exchange for voting for his crazy, expensive ideas?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

Exactly. That's right by the nature of the thing.

Offline roamer_1

And what is he willing to give Democrats in exchange for voting for his crazy, expensive ideas?

no principles... its all on the table

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

no principles... its all on the table

And that is exactly where @sneakypete and the idea of "Trump just wants to be remembered as a great President" gets dangerous.  Because if his choice is between 1) go conservative/spending conscious and likely have a bunch of gridlock on the one hand, or 2) go for some big, grandiose populist plan that takes a lot of spending and Democrat cooperation...which does he feel will create a greater legacy? 

I'm guessing he chooses Door #2.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 05:43:22 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline bilo

None of the negativity about Trump is going to matter. He will be nominated by the Pub party and if we have a honest election he will probably win.

I preferred DeSantis, but with every indictment of Trump I am reminded why I must vote for Trump. We can't live in a country where the elites use the courts to destroy their opponents and determine who is allowed to hold political office.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Kamaji

None of the negativity about Trump is going to matter. He will be nominated by the Pub party and if we have a honest election he will probably win.

I preferred DeSantis, but with every indictment of Trump I am reminded why I must vote for Trump. We can't live in a country where the elites use the courts to destroy their opponents and determine who is allowed to hold political office.

:facepalm2:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Why can't you have that and vote DeSantis?  I mean, the left hates him just as much.

I don't like the idea that the Democrats get to choose who we nominate based on whom they choose to persecute.  We can oppose unfair persecutions while still choosing the candidate who we think will do the best job.

Offline Kamaji

Why can't you have that and vote DeSantis?  I mean, the left hates him just as much.

I don't like the idea that the Democrats get to choose who we nominate based on whom they choose to persecute.  We can oppose unfair persecutions while still choosing the candidate who we think will do the best job.

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

So is the election considered honest only if Trump wins? What if we have these so-called honest elections and Trump still loses?

As to the rest of your statement, what if, as time goes, on those who are prosecuting Donald Trump are able to prove that he did break the law? I won’t disagree that the application of our laws seem to be applied more aggressively to Donald Trump and his supporters versus people like Joe Biden and  Hillary Clinton

. But what happens if a jury is convinced that the evidence in these  cases are convincing enough to hand down a guilty verdict? Juries are made up of humans  that make mistakes. But is everything that doesn’t go Trump’s way rigged or corrupted?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 06:26:17 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

. But what happens if a jury is convinced that the evidence in these  cases are convincing enough to hand down a guilty verdict? Juries are made up of humans  that make mistakes. But is everything that doesn’t go Trump’s way rigged or corrupted?

Depends on the venue and the jury.  I think he's likely to get a pretty fair shake in Florida.  But I bet he didn't get a fair shake from that NYC jury, and he's unlikely to get one from DC either.  For that matter, Georgia may be a bit shaky too.

Offline Kamaji

Depends on the venue and the jury.  I think he's likely to get a pretty fair shake in Florida.  But I bet he didn't get a fair shake from that NYC jury, and he's unlikely to get one from DC either.  For that matter, Georgia may be a bit shaky too.

Then he'd better hope that he's actually hired good lawyers - and not just shoot-from-the-hit personality-jocks - who will (a) do their level best to pick the fairest jury possible, and (b) start building the record for appeal now, and continue to do so through the entire trial, in order to do their best to build a record that would allow them to challenge any anti-Trump bias displayed by the jury.

Of course, with his track record - Michael Cohen, ahem - I rather doubt he'll manage to accomplish this.

Trump may be getting a raw deal, but it was he who braided the rope that's now being used to go after him.

Offline bilo

The Rats aren't persecuting Trump because they want him to be the nominee. They are going after him because they don't want him elected.

The absolute best way to fight the totalitarian state telling us who we can elect is to elect the person they are persecuting.

BTW, I sure don't see the Pub establishment doing anything meaningful to end the two tiered justice system that exists today, or the persecution of Trump.

Offline bilo

So is the election considered honest only if Trump wins? What if we have these so-called honest elections and Trump still loses?

As to the rest of your statement, what if, as time goes, on those who are prosecuting Donald Trump are able to prove that he did break the law? I won’t disagree that the application of our laws seem to be applied more aggressively to Donald Trump and his supporters versus people like Joe Biden and  Hillary Clinton

If you don't recognize that the 2020 election was fraudulent I suggest yo watch the documentary 2000 Mules. If nothing else it will clarify why Rats are filing law suits trying to get Drop Boxes used in 2024.

Do you really believe a jury pool in DC, Atlanta, or NY would be comprised of intelligent objective jurors?

Offline bilo

I'm with you 100%

Offline MOD3

Please stay on topic. There are plenty of threads about 2020 election fraud.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

The Rats aren't persecuting Trump because they want him to be the nominee. They are going after him because they don't want him elected.

I think there are some of both among the Dems - and it may be all mixed in there.  The dream scenario for them is that he is the nominee, or at least has the highest delegate count before the official vote at the Convention, but then gets convicted.   Even if a conviction doesn't bar him from running, it likely makes him unelectable.  I don't think many of them would be happy if he dropped out tomorrow because that would give Republicans a better chance to nominate a more electable candidate.

The absolute best way to fight the totalitarian state telling us who we can elect is to elect the person they are persecuting.

I disagree.  That's "sending a message", but it isn't actually fighting anything.  I mean, if the guy they're persecuting is an ineffective buffoon (whether or not you see Trump that way), is electing him really smart?  Remember Rob Blagojevich?  He was that idiot populist governor of Illinois that eventually got convicted of corruption but arguably was targeted unfairly.  Should they have re-elected a moron just because he was treated unfairly?

The best way to fight them is to whomever will do the best job while in office to dismantle/counter the totalitarian state.  And that may well be someone other than one of the guys being persecuted.

BTW, I sure don't see the Pub establishment doing anything meaningful to end the two tiered justice system that exists today, or the persecution of Trump.

Exactly what do you expect them to do, other than to try to elect good judges on the state level, and try to appoint the right folks to the federal bench?  The truth is that there really isn't anything the GOP could have done with those New York prosecutions.  It was in a Dem area, with a Dem judge and a Dem prosecutor.  How does the GOP "end" anything there?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 07:37:55 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline bilo

Then he'd better hope that he's actually hired good lawyers - and not just shoot-from-the-hit personality-jocks - who will (a) do their level best to pick the fairest jury possible, and (b) start building the record for appeal now, and continue to do so through the entire trial, in order to do their best to build a record that would allow them to challenge any anti-Trump bias displayed by the jury.

Of course, with his track record - Michael Cohen, ahem - I rather doubt he'll manage to accomplish this.

Trump may be getting a raw deal, but it was he who braided the rope that's now being used to go after him.

In every totalitarian state where opposition leaders were jailed on garbage charges there were good people who thought it was okay because they didn't like the guy.

Trump can really tick off people and his most ardent supporters even more so, but there is much more at stake than him being persecuted. It is being publicly displayed that only "approved" candidates will be allowed to hold office. I will never support that.

Offline Kamaji

Electing Trump because he's being prosecuted makes about as much sense as when D.C. Mayor Marion Barry was re-elected because some felt he'd gotten a raw deal when convicted for using crack cocaine.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
He has to be on something.

So awkward, such a meatball.

A man who has sold his soul.

So obvious that Ron DeSantis is in a dark place.

"Obvious" is that Trump fans will resort to slowing down video with overlapping eerily music instead of stand on their own merits. Reminds me of Trump posting a photoshopped .gif of Jeb picking his nose, just what demographic does that kind of campaigning work on? 15 y/o teenagers and die hard Trump fans.

Some of the most beautiful folks in the world can be photographed in unflattering photos and some big almost homely folks like myself can be caught looking like a million bucks.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 08:02:17 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Electing Trump because he's being prosecuted makes about as much sense as when D.C. Mayor Marion Barry was re-elected because some felt he'd gotten a raw deal when convicted for using crack cocaine.

Dammit...I was trying to think of examples and just missed the most obvious one.  And I even lived in the area at that time!

My law school roommate/fellow veteran and I used to refer to him as "North American Strongman Marion Barry", because he was so similar to the various clowns like Noriega, and the WaPost always referred to Noriega as "Central American Strongman Manuel Noriega".
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 08:01:05 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
"Obvious" is that Trump fans will resort to slowing down video with overlapping eerily music instead of stand on their own merits. Reminds me of Trump posting a photoshopped .gif of Jeb picking his nose, just what demographic does that kind of campaigning work on? 15 y/o teenagers and die hard Trump fans.

Some of the most beautiful folks in the world can be photographed in unflattering photos and some big almost homely folks like myself can be caught looking like a million bucks.

:yowsa:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.