Author Topic: LIVE THREAD BREAKING...Trump Indicted  (Read 25864 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: LIVE THREAD BREAKING...Trump Indicted
« Reply #550 on: April 05, 2023, 04:42:18 pm »
Ditto! Especially the part I highlighted.  Without an honest rule of law NOTHING else matters. We are missing that currently.

And what would “an honest rule of law” look like?

People like Alvin Bragg were elected. People like Kim Gardner were elected. People like Keith Ellison were elected.

The only chance is to find people who truly believe “no one is above the law”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #551 on: April 05, 2023, 04:48:13 pm »
And what would “an honest rule of law” look like?

People like Alvin Bragg were elected. People like Kim Gardner were elected. People like Keith Ellison were elected.

The only chance is to find people who truly believe “no one is above the law”

It would look like one in which the constitution was strictly adhered to as written. People like Alvin Bragg would not have a license to practice law for long, if ever.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #552 on: April 05, 2023, 04:49:36 pm »
Yet,  he lost with Trump’s endorsement in 2020

Gee, maybe the candidate's flawed?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #553 on: April 05, 2023, 04:59:12 pm »
Gee, maybe the candidate's flawed?

Then  why did Trump endorse him  in 2020?

And the Democrats use that 2020 endorsement against him then and in 2023 and he lost both times

« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 05:18:34 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #554 on: April 05, 2023, 05:01:14 pm »
It would look like one in which the constitution was strictly adhered to as written. People like Alvin Bragg would not have a license to practice law for long, if ever.

Fair enough

He could lose his law license for malpractice.

And who do you think the voters of New York City would replace him  with? Look what the voters in Chicago replaced Lori Lightfoot with.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #555 on: April 05, 2023, 05:46:22 pm »
I listened to Glenn Beck this morning and one of his guest was Alan Dershowitz.  In a nutshell Trump will never get a fair trial in Manhattan and the trial should be moved outside of Manhattan.  Secondly, the charges are very weak; but again, with a judge and jury that hates Trump so much it's not going to go well.

Just my opinion here; I'm expecting jail time for Trump for at least 5 to 10 years.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #556 on: April 05, 2023, 05:57:45 pm »
I listened to Glenn Beck this morning and one of his guest was Alan Dershowitz.  In a nutshell Trump will never get a fair trial in Manhattan and the trial should be moved outside of Manhattan.  Secondly, the charges are very weak; but again, with a judge and jury that hates Trump so much it's not going to go well.

Just my opinion here; I'm expecting jail time for Trump for at least 5 to 10 years.

My precarious prediction is he loses in Manhattan but wins on appeal

I just don’t see him serving jail time. But, it is New York City, and the best way to keep yourself out of jail in New York City is to commit a violent act.

By the way, I like your tag line. I pray for that, also
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 06:01:58 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #557 on: April 05, 2023, 06:14:58 pm »
 :silly:

ABC’s Hostin: Trump Will Likely Serve Time in Jail for Manhattan Case

ABC legal analyst Sunny Hostin told her co-hosts Wednesday on ABC’s “The View” that former President Donald Trump will likely serve time in prison as a result of the case brought by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/04/05/abcs-hostin-trump-will-likely-serve-time-in-jail-for-manhattan-case/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #558 on: April 05, 2023, 06:16:36 pm »

Nah. I expect he might lose in NYC and suffer convictions. But He will appeal. Sooner or later it will go federal, and out of the reach of New York, and it will turn around. He will skate. It will just take a while

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #559 on: April 05, 2023, 06:19:23 pm »
Nah. I expect he might lose in NYC and suffer convictions. But He will appeal. Sooner or later it will go federal, and out of the reach of New York, and it will turn around. He will skate. It will just take a while

Why would it go to a federal court?  This is a matter of NY state law.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #560 on: April 05, 2023, 06:24:34 pm »
Why would it go to a federal court?  This is a matter of NY state law.

Sooner or later, if he gets no justice through New York appellate system, it moves to federal in my understanding.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #561 on: April 05, 2023, 06:28:17 pm »
Sooner or later, if he gets no justice through New York appellate system, it moves to federal in my understanding.

How so?  If it's a matter of a prosecution under NY state law, there has to be some constitutional hook that gets it into federal court.  I'm not seeing that hook.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #562 on: April 05, 2023, 06:32:12 pm »

From my understanding he could appeal to the NY supreme court which would be a final ruling but then it could be appealed to SCOTUS. One, they would have to agree to hear the case which is doubtful because they looked the other way after the election was stolen.

I just don't see things going well for Trump.  The judge and jury are already stacked against him.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #563 on: April 05, 2023, 06:35:17 pm »
How so?  If it's a matter of a prosecution under NY state law, there has to be some constitutional hook that gets it into federal court.  I'm not seeing that hook.

If it is a political prosecution, the leverage would be there... If he is not afforded a fair prosecution, and a jury of his peers... If the table is tilted by politics, then there ya go.

Now, if the indictment is all there is, I don't think it will go that far. If that's all they have, they may well convict him, but his appeal within New York should be enough, because the only way they get this done is to railroad him, And any unbiased court will see that.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #564 on: April 05, 2023, 06:47:51 pm »
If it is a political prosecution, the leverage would be there... If he is not afforded a fair prosecution, and a jury of his peers... If the table is tilted by politics, then there ya go.

Now, if the indictment is all there is, I don't think it will go that far. If that's all they have, they may well convict him, but his appeal within New York should be enough, because the only way they get this done is to railroad him, And any unbiased court will see that.

That's just it @roamer the judge and those in Manhattan hate Trump so they are very biased -- charges are weak and listening to other lawyers the case would normally be thrown out.  They are out to prevent him from running again period and they are going to do whatever it takes to do so.

If you get a chance listen to Trump's speech last night at Mar a Lago -- it explains a lot.

Here's part of his speech:

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,495782.msg2807619.html#msg2807619

Offline LMAO

« Reply #565 on: April 05, 2023, 07:12:04 pm »
DC_Draino
@DC_Draino

Daniel Kelly was a Scott Walker appointee

Both are GOP establishment

Daniel Kelly has now lost 2 races for Supreme Court, both times by 10 points

Ron Johnson just won a Senate seat running on a platform MAGA

We know the recipe for WI

It’s MAGA

They just need MAGA candidates

8:17 AM · Apr 5, 2023

Oops…

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/shows/meetthepress/blog/rcna43406

MILWAUKEE — Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., distanced his campaign from former President Donald Trump on Tuesday, sidestepping questions about whether he would invite Trump to stump for him this fall.

“To me, this election is about Wisconsin and about 2022. And so from my standpoint, I’ve never asked for anybody’s endorsement. I’m happy to have people’s endorsement, obviously I want as much support as possible,” Johnson told reporters after an immigration event, not referring to Trump by name. “But I’m running as the candidate and I’m trying to appeal to as many Wisconsin voters as possible so we recognize that under Democrat [sic] control, this has been a disaster.”

Barry Goldwater

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #566 on: April 05, 2023, 07:33:18 pm »
American women complain, "No one wants to date anymore?" "Nobody wants to get married anymore!?"
After ME TOO and the Trump Circus, I cannot foresee any successful male having anything to do with any female.
If you are a millionaire (and especially billionaire), no pictures, no dates, no elevator, no nothing with any female.
I am not in a 'high status' success group and even I look at every female as a landmine, to be avoided with caution.
Even if the woman is the sexual aggressor, you always have to wonder if it is a setup.
I cannot imagine how all of this is going to end for women in America?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #567 on: April 05, 2023, 07:55:34 pm »
Most likely, the underlying criminal conduct Bragg will be relying upon is to make the argument that the initial payments by Cohen and by the publisher constituted illegal campaign contributions, the acceptance of which was a class A misdemeanor under NY Election Law § 14-126(5), which provides as follows:

Any person who knowingly and willfully contributes, accepts or aids or participates in the acceptance of a contribution in an amount exceeding an applicable maximum specified in this article shall be guilty of a class A misdemeanor.

The payments were $130,000, $150,000, and $30,000 (to the doorman), which are almost certainly in excess of the NY campaign contribution limits for non family members.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #568 on: April 05, 2023, 07:56:17 pm »

Where is the specific federal law that gives him access to federal court?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #569 on: April 05, 2023, 08:04:04 pm »
Where is the specific federal law that gives him access to federal court?

A litigant who loses in a federal court of appeals, or in the highest court of a state, may file a petition for a "writ of certiorari," which is a document asking the Supreme Court to review the case. The Supreme Court, however, does not have to grant review.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #570 on: April 05, 2023, 08:07:44 pm »
I hope someone reported this guy to the SS

DC’s ‘Blue Beetle’ Director Tweets Then Deletes Post Wishing for Donald Trump Assassination

The Warner Bros. DC universe of comic book movies is about to welcome the opening of “Blue Beetle” but fans are not welcoming a tweet by the film’s director, Ángel Manuel Soto, who said he hopes Donald Trump is assassinated like President Abraham Lincoln.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2023/04/05/dcs-blue-beetle-director-tweets-then-deletes-post-wishing-for-donald-trump-assassination/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline LMAO

« Reply #571 on: April 05, 2023, 08:11:49 pm »

DC’s ‘Blue Beetle’ Director Tweets Then Deletes Post Wishing for Donald Trump Assassination

The Warner Bros. DC universe of comic book movies is about to welcome the opening of “Blue Beetle” but fans are not welcoming a tweet by the film’s director, Ángel Manuel Soto, who said he hopes Donald Trump is assassinated like President Abraham Lincoln.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2023/04/05/dcs-blue-beetle-director-tweets-then-deletes-post-wishing-for-donald-trump-assassination/

And Hollywood wonders why they’re collapsing
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 08:18:43 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #572 on: April 05, 2023, 08:12:46 pm »

As horrible as this is, I highly doubt anything is going to be done.

I fear for Trump's safety. I pray for his safety and physical and mental health.  In his speech yesterday I noticed some breathing issues; he just seemed exhausted.  At least the speech gave him an avenue to vent. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #573 on: April 05, 2023, 08:12:52 pm »
Donald Trump Indictment TV Ratings Soar over Golden Globe, Oscars, Nightly News, Celebrity Apprentice

The television ratings of the Trump indictment soared to a 10.2 rating during the middle of Tuesday’s workday, surpassing many of the most popular shows on television.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/04/05/donald-trump-indictment-tv-ratings-soar-over-golden-globe-oscars-nightly-news-celebrity-apprentice/
Support the USO

Offline LMAO

« Reply #574 on: April 05, 2023, 08:21:44 pm »
As horrible as this is, I highly doubt anything is going to be done.

I fear for Trump's safety. I pray for his safety and physical and mental health.  In his speech yesterday I noticed some breathing issues; he just seemed exhausted.  At least the speech gave him an avenue to vent.

That’s why I didn’t jump up on the myth that Donald Trump actually wants this. Yes, there is the emotional rush with his supporters and the donation in the poll numbers amongst his base.

Just the optics alone hurts him in the general election. Plus he has to defend himself in court and hire lawyers. It takes him off the campaign trail at times .  And his family is being dragged through this, also

And his wife. Sure, she’ll put on a public façade that all is well and that she’s standing by her husband. But what goes on in private? What about what goes on in her mind?

You  didn’t hear much from Malena Trump while she was First Lady. No trying to tell kids what they can eat. No claiming a co presidency status. I found his wife very likable.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 08:39:41 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater