Author Topic: Obituaries for 2023  (Read 95266 times)

Offline Polly Ticks

Re: Obituaries for 2023
« Reply #250 on: March 10, 2023, 08:10:58 pm »
Man, first it was "Fish Heads" and now it's "They're Coming to Take Me Away" ... it's been a rough week for Dr. Demento fans.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #251 on: March 10, 2023, 09:38:21 pm »
Man, first it was "Fish Heads" and now it's "They're Coming to Take Me Away" ... it's been a rough week for Dr. Demento fans.
Thankfully, the Good Doctor D is still with us.

And Weird Al, too.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #252 on: March 10, 2023, 10:06:45 pm »

All these songs from when I was a kid….boy do I feel nostalgic
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #253 on: March 10, 2023, 11:23:47 pm »
Wow, I remember sitting in the parking lot after work listening to The Dr. Demento show with about a dozen other employees, fun times.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #254 on: March 11, 2023, 11:27:20 pm »
Hall of Fame NFL coach Bud Grant dies at 95
1 hr 28 mins ago

(CNN) -- Longtime Minnesota Vikings coach Bud Grant died Saturday at 95, the "absolutely heartbroken" team said in a statement.

"We, like all Vikings and NFL fans, are shocked and saddened by this terrible news," the statement said.

Grant coached the Vikings for 18 seasons from 1967 through 1983 and again in 1985. He was the engineer of the Vikings vaunted "Purple People Eaters" defense that won 10 division crowns in 11 seasons starting in 1968.

Grant led the Vikings to four Super Bowls, though his team never won. His 1969 squad has the distinction of winning the final NFL Championship game before the NFL and AFL merged the following season. ... More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

« Reply #255 on: March 12, 2023, 10:12:08 am »
Wow, I remember sitting in the parking lot after work listening to The Dr. Demento show with about a dozen other employees, fun times.
Way Back in the day, they used to ship the show to stations on Vinyl. Friend of mine's brother was interning and they would occasionally give him "last week's show." We would play the snot out of them, especially at the one guy's house whose mother hated Dr. D. The best times.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #256 on: March 12, 2023, 03:04:28 pm »
Way Back in the day, they used to ship the show to stations on Vinyl. Friend of mine's brother was interning and they would occasionally give him "last week's show." We would play the snot out of them, especially at the one guy's house whose mother hated Dr. D. The best times.

American Top 40 was also shipped on vinyl.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

« Reply #257 on: March 12, 2023, 10:49:27 pm »
"Rapper Costa Titch dies at 28 after collapsing onstage during music festival"

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/rapper-costa-titch-dies-28-collapsing-onstage-music-festival

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #258 on: March 13, 2023, 02:40:04 am »
I have debated whether to post this here, because I don't like sharing personal info online. But...

My wife of 22 years, companion of 33 years (we lived together for 11 years before getting formally married) died last Wednesday, March 8, from complications of metastatic cancer. She had been ill with various symptoms since mid-January, but it wasn't until Feb. 20 when I had to take her to the emergency room for what turned out to be blood clots on both lungs that we found out about the cancer. The blood clots were treated successfully, but the cancer was not treatable. Her decline in the hospital was so rapid that they were not able to discover the original source of the cancer before her death. The biopsy they did on Feb. 28 showed that the cancer was of a "diffuse type" which would not respond well to chemotherapy, and it had spread to too many locations to attempt treatment with radiation. And then she was gone.

I am managing to cope by focusing on the tasks that need to be done. But ultimately, my life will be empty without her.
Let it burn.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #259 on: March 13, 2023, 03:57:41 am »
I have debated whether to post this here, because I don't like sharing personal info online. But...

My wife of 22 years, companion of 33 years (we lived together for 11 years before getting formally married) died last Wednesday, March 8, from complications of metastatic cancer. She had been ill with various symptoms since mid-January, but it wasn't until Feb. 20 when I had to take her to the emergency room for what turned out to be blood clots on both lungs that we found out about the cancer. The blood clots were treated successfully, but the cancer was not treatable. Her decline in the hospital was so rapid that they were not able to discover the original source of the cancer before her death. The biopsy they did on Feb. 28 showed that the cancer was of a "diffuse type" which would not respond well to chemotherapy, and it had spread to too many locations to attempt treatment with radiation. And then she was gone.

I am managing to cope by focusing on the tasks that need to be done. But ultimately, my life will be empty without her.

@Ghost Bear

Take  comfort that  many of us will share your grief and hope you  find a way to recover emotionally very quickly. I think I am probably expressing all this wrong,but I hope  you understand the meanings of my basic message.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DB

« Reply #260 on: March 13, 2023, 04:28:12 am »

Very sorry to hear that. She lives on in your heart and soul now.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #261 on: March 13, 2023, 05:01:24 am »

I am very sorry for your loss.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #262 on: March 13, 2023, 11:58:33 am »

Oh, I'm so sorry.  Cancer really, REALLY stinks.
Praying that you and your family will find comfort and peace in your time of grieving.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #263 on: March 13, 2023, 12:22:38 pm »
I am sorry to hear of the passing of your precious companion, Ghost Bear. I pray that God will  comfort you and all who love her.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

« Reply #264 on: March 13, 2023, 12:30:29 pm »

Condolences and prairies for you and your family.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #265 on: March 13, 2023, 12:41:15 pm »

My heart goes out to you, brother. You will fill that emptiness with her memory and in time, the pain will fade and the joy of having known her will remain to fill that void. It isn't the same, but it makes each day more bearable. (Mrs. Joe passed from a heart attack a year ago December).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #266 on: March 13, 2023, 12:56:29 pm »
Very sorry to read this sad news @Ghost Bear. Praying for peace and comfort for all who knew and loved her.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #267 on: March 13, 2023, 01:01:16 pm »
@Ghost Bear

So sorry to learn of this. Sending prayers and sincere condolences.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #268 on: March 13, 2023, 01:03:01 pm »

@Ghost Bear

May God give you the strength to see you through this difficult time. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #269 on: March 13, 2023, 01:03:11 pm »
Condolences @Ghost Bear

May time lessen the pain, and honor her memory.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #270 on: March 13, 2023, 01:06:36 pm »

Please accept my sincerest condolences.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #271 on: March 13, 2023, 02:45:36 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Millee

« Reply #272 on: March 13, 2023, 03:33:18 pm »

@Ghost Bear

My deepest condolences for your loss.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #273 on: March 13, 2023, 05:46:51 pm »
I am so sorry, @Ghost Bear.
May God comfort you.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #274 on: March 14, 2023, 03:15:44 am »
Thanks to everyone for their condolences.
Let it burn.