Author Topic: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers  (Read 28447 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: GOP dilemma — how to keep Trumpers yet regain anti-Trumpers
« Reply #225 on: March 11, 2021, 01:00:53 am »
He's Superman, not Clark Kent.

@Sled Dog

:amen: :amen:

WHY should he be humble? So other people can feel better about themselves?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #226 on: March 11, 2021, 01:02:26 am »
The people revolted against the revolting line-up and just LOVED Trump, because Trump was the first, and only, candidate in 28 years who FOUGHT BACK.  And that's why the Americans still love their president and gave him his second term in 2020.

If he runs in 2024, he'll get a third term, too.

He's not going to coddle the RINO insiders who have spent their careers betraying everyone who voted for them.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Sorry pal... But this post is primary evidence that there's a sucker born every day.
 happy77

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #227 on: March 11, 2021, 01:05:15 am »
But Trump has decided to starve the GOP RINO Financing Operation by setting up his own PAC and bypassing the RINO Funding goons...both taking their money away from them and then letting the money out to (hopefully) non-RINO candidates.

The GOP is not happy about this.

@Sled Dog

That means it is a GOOD thing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #228 on: March 11, 2021, 01:12:02 am »
You're right, of course. It is folly to continue to pursue the GOP because at the top, and in most of the places that matter it is thoroughly corrupt. If the past 4 years didn't hammer that point home, I don't know what will, maybe another 40 or 50 years of hitting that same button and getting the same results (as if there will even be a USA by then).

Yes.

He's absolutely right.  He should take his principles, and, with the other five people who agree with him, set up his own political party to fight the Giants.

Of course, maybe he should look to the history of what third parties accomplish before he runs away with his sorry little principles, but people like that can't be bothered with reality.

Reality is such a bore.  Reality says if those people with all their pretty principles do what they want to do, run away and hide in a corner, they can't accomplish what they want to accomplish.   Reality is most definitely not a friendly lady.

But rather than whining all the time about their missing principles, as if their betters don't have a stronger set of principles themselves, why don't they run along and set up that third party and stop crying in public?  Nobody cares about what useless people standing on stainless steel soapboxes do or say or feel.   After a very short while they're just a bothersome annoyance and in the way of constructive discussion and action.

MY principle says America can't be healed until the Americans win reliably at the ballot box and start cleaning up the country.  Reagan was only the first step, and the RINOs undid what he accomplished in one term.   Trump was the second step, and the RINO and Principled Whiners have succeeded in dissolving Trump's accomplishments in six weeks.   

Which means we're supposed to give up and cry, according to the Principled Whiners.

According to the Americans, it means we have to fight harder.

But, go ahead, let your tears flow if it makes you happy.   
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #229 on: March 11, 2021, 01:13:39 am »
@Sled Dog

That means it is a GOOD thing.

It certainly is.

It's a sign that they're not happy when You-Tube censors Trump's entire CPAC speech.

I think Americans should go to Rodent Rallies wearing Trump Won shirts and hats, just to make You Tube censor the events.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #230 on: March 11, 2021, 01:14:30 am »
ROTFLMAO!!!

Sorry pal... But this post is primary evidence that there's a sucker born every day.
 happy77

Yes.  Those bottom feeders spend their life crying about how Trump wasn't Jesus.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #231 on: March 11, 2021, 01:34:28 am »
Yes.

He's absolutely right.  He should take his principles, and, with the other five people who agree with him, set up his own political party to fight the Giants.

Of course, maybe he should look to the history of what third parties accomplish before he runs away with his sorry little principles, but people like that can't be bothered with reality.

Reality is such a bore.  Reality says if those people with all their pretty principles do what they want to do, run away and hide in a corner, they can't accomplish what they want to accomplish.   Reality is most definitely not a friendly lady.

But rather than whining all the time about their missing principles, as if their betters don't have a stronger set of principles themselves, why don't they run along and set up that third party and stop crying in public?  Nobody cares about what useless people standing on stainless steel soapboxes do or say or feel.   After a very short while they're just a bothersome annoyance and in the way of constructive discussion and action.

MY principle says America can't be healed until the Americans win reliably at the ballot box and start cleaning up the country.  Reagan was only the first step, and the RINOs undid what he accomplished in one term.   Trump was the second step, and the RINO and Principled Whiners have succeeded in dissolving Trump's accomplishments in six weeks.   

Which means we're supposed to give up and cry, according to the Principled Whiners.

According to the Americans, it means we have to fight harder.

But, go ahead, let your tears flow if it makes you happy.   

And your latest diatribe shows your ignorance - They are not MY principles.
They are not YOUR principles.

Principles are TRUE things. Things proven over and over and over again, throughout the history of Man, whether you or I know of them or not.

But being proven true time and time again, proven to ALWAYS be true, fighting against them is doomed to fail every_single_time. Yes, I will take principles over your flailing fight - Because those principles have never been wrong... So you will be. Simple as that.

Conservatism is about those principles. Tread them under at your peril.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #232 on: March 11, 2021, 01:44:26 am »
He's met with McCarthy and made comments about getting people elected in '22.  McCarthy is an insider which doesn't set well with me.  I

McCarthy's also the Minority Leader in the House @libertybele   But I wouldn't worry about the meeting.  What jumped out at me from the photo released from the meeting is for the first time Trump's signature "thumbs up" is missing.  I'm guessing they are not on the same page.

FWIW, Trump's meeting with lots and lots of folks down at Mar a Lago.  Just last weekend he met with Gov. Noem. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #233 on: March 11, 2021, 01:50:49 am »
McCarthy's also the Minority Leader in the House @libertybele   But I wouldn't worry about the meeting.  What jumped out at me from the photo released from the meeting is for the first time Trump's signature "thumbs up" is missing.  I'm guessing they are not on the same page.

FWIW, Trump's meeting with lots and lots of folks down at Mar a Lago.  Just last weekend he met with Gov. Noem.

And Nikki Haley was told to go pound sand.  That gets my thumbs up.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #234 on: March 11, 2021, 02:00:24 am »

Good observation; I'm not as in tune with Trump as you are and haven't paid attention to the "thumbs up".

Meeting with Noem is a positive. I remember the protesters trying to block people from attending the speech at Rushmore and she had things fairly under control.  I've been very impressed with her ever since her speech that night.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #235 on: March 11, 2021, 02:01:38 am »
And Nikki Haley was told to go pound sand.  That gets my thumbs up.

I hope Haley's career is pretty much over.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #236 on: March 11, 2021, 02:05:29 am »
Principles are TRUE things. Things proven over and over and over again,  ...

I don't know if we call these "principles", but in the political arena these things have been proven over and over and over again:

* A growing plurality of voters will choose the side giving away the free stuff they think they need,
* A majority of voters want government to stay out of everyone's bedroom,
* A majority of women voters believe "my body, my choice",
* A plurality of women voters will accept assistance from the government in raising their children,
* A majority of voters want to be thought of as socially compassionate, empathetic and forward thinking,
* A growing plurality of voters believe global warming is a genuine threat

How do you reconcile your principles with these   pointing-up  ?

« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 05:15:46 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #237 on: March 11, 2021, 02:18:20 am »
I don't know if we call these "principles", but in the political arena these things have been proven over and over and over again:

* A majority of voters will choose the side giving away the free stuff they think they need,
* A majority of voters want government to stay out of everyone's bedroom,
* A majority of women voters believe "my body, my choice",
* A plurality of women voters will accept assistance from the government in raising their children,
* A majority of voters want to be thought of as socially compassionate, empathetic and forward thinking,
* A growing plurality of voters believe global warming is a genuine threat

How do you reconcile your principles with these   pointing-up  ?

I don't have to reconcile them. Am I to support fairy tales? I don't give a single crap what people think. Like I said, I care about what has been proven TRUE many times over the history of Man.

All the rest is a smoke show. First, do no harm. No doubt it is popular to have the federal government do many things. All that is incidental to the truth.

« Reply #238 on: March 11, 2021, 02:23:51 am »
I don't have to reconcile them. Am I to support fairy tales? I don't give a single crap what people think. ...

Okay ... and thanks for confirming you're playing preacher man, and your input has zero to do with a discussion on politics or political strategy.  This is a little odd in the Politics Forum --- maybe you should start a petition for an All Things Religion Forum.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 02:25:38 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #239 on: March 11, 2021, 02:30:41 am »
Okay ... and thanks for confirming you're playing preacher man, and your input has zero to do with a discussion on politics or political strategy.  This is a little odd in the Politics Forum --- maybe you should start a petition for an All Things Religion Forum.

What political strategy is 'winning' for conservatism that entertains liberal nonsense? The two are antithetical.

« Reply #240 on: March 11, 2021, 02:49:02 am »
What political strategy is 'winning' for conservatism that entertains liberal nonsense? The two are antithetical.

You're preaching eternal principles, not political ones; and political principles/strategies are the cornerstone of a Politics Forum.  Please, talk with the powers that be about getting your own section of the site for your religious musings.  I'm sure you'll encourage lively debate there on eternal/religious principles.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #241 on: March 11, 2021, 03:32:31 am »
You're preaching eternal principles, not political ones; and political principles/strategies are the cornerstone of a Politics Forum.  Please, talk with the powers that be about getting your own section of the site for your religious musings.  I'm sure you'll encourage lively debate there on eternal/religious principles.

No, they are not... The whole point of Conservatism as it touches politics is to support each-the-other between the Conservative political factions... And prerequisite in that support are their closely held principles, which unarguably intertwine - Those true things are what we are all supposed to be fighting for and defending.

I don't care that you wander off into something else, but then don't consider it to be Conservatism.

You want to be a populist, knock yourself out. But that does not relate to Conservatism at all.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #242 on: March 11, 2021, 04:42:54 am »

This is the exact same speech the GOPe has been feeding me my whole life.  It is the same speech they fed Reagan in 1976 and tried to feed him in 1980.  It is the same speech given by those who gave us George HW Bush, Bob Dole, John McCain, and Mitt Romney.  It was the one given to George W. Bush in 2006 when he tried to privatize Social Security.  And now we have to hear it again from you.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #243 on: March 11, 2021, 04:46:03 am »

All the things from that list are destroying the country.  And your answer is to climb on board and step on the gas.  Maybe you should start a petition for a Democrat-Lite forum.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #244 on: March 11, 2021, 04:50:15 am »
In fact, there are many here who know exactly where I am coming from... And agree.

Count me among those, @roamer_1

Forgive me for being a romantic though.  I am still holding out for that face-to-face meeting with John Galt before checking out.  Either that, or seeing Ellis Wyatt torch his oil fields.  In either event, I'll be heading to Roamer's Gulch afterwards starting a new career.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #245 on: March 11, 2021, 05:00:26 am »
Count me among those, @roamer_1

Forgive me for being a romantic though.  I am still holding out for that face-to-face meeting with John Galt before checking out.  Either that, or seeing Ellis Wyatt torch his oil fields.  In either event, I'll be heading to Roamer's Gulch afterwards starting a new career.

:beer:

By the end of next summer... If I can get my legs back and lose this Pillsbury doughboy suit, there should be the main part of the cabin and loft, overlooking that little rock basin lake, the main part of the barn, and the shed that I made last summer will be a bear proof chicken coop by then. Hopefully between 6 and 8 solar panels and 4 to 6 batteries... Enough to get me by till I can figure out how I am going to bust a trench through the rock shield to get power and water over from the waterfall.

Should be good up there in the holler... sitting on the porch watching the loons and the eagles... And you are always welcome on my porch @Hoodat  happy77

Online roamer_1

« Reply #246 on: March 11, 2021, 05:02:32 am »
All the things from that list are destroying the country.  And your answer is to climb on board and step on the gas.  Maybe you should start a petition for a Democrat-Lite forum.

Exactly right. But that's 'fighting liberalism' somehow...  :shrug: :whistle: :laugh:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #247 on: March 11, 2021, 05:03:53 am »
This is the exact same speech the GOPe has been feeding me my whole life.  It is the same speech they fed Reagan in 1976 and tried to feed him in 1980.  It is the same speech given by those who gave us George HW Bush, Bob Dole, John McCain, and Mitt Romney.  It was the one given to George W. Bush in 2006 when he tried to privatize Social Security.  And now we have to hear it again from you.

I know, right?  :beer:

« Reply #248 on: March 11, 2021, 05:15:12 am »
The whole point of Conservatism as it touches politics is to support each-the-other between the Conservative political factions...

I truly don't understand what you mean by this --- but I'd like to.   @roamer_1 .

And prerequisite in that support are their closely held principles, which unarguably intertwine - Those true things are what we are all supposed to be fighting for and defending.

When a conservative enters the political arena victory requires from them what it requires from a liberal candidate**: Convince enough people that deeply held principles do, indeed, intertwine between he or she and the voter. 

As I posted above, these six "principles" are deeply held by an increasing number of Americans:

> A growing plurality of voters will choose the side giving away the free stuff they think they need,
> A majority of voters want government to stay out of everyone's bedroom,
> A majority of women voters believe "my body, my choice",
> A plurality of women voters will accept assistance from the government in raising their children,
> A majority of voters want to be thought of as socially compassionate, empathetic and forward thinking,
> A growing plurality of voters believe global warming is a genuine threat

If you're a conservative candidate for national office, where is your intersect with  pointing-up  these principles and the American voters who hold them?

** Before the 2020 election fraud and codifying it through 2021 HR1.

« Reply #249 on: March 11, 2021, 05:24:01 am »

No, not at all @Hoodat   I'm trying very hard to force someone, anyone, to think strategically.  We can't write off 1/2 the country because we assume they're dead to us.  (Well, not if we really want to win an election)

What do we do with these folks: ?

> A growing plurality of voters will choose the side giving away the free stuff they think they need,
> A majority of voters want government to stay out of everyone's bedroom,
> A majority of women voters believe "my body, my choice",
> A plurality of women voters will accept assistance from the government in raising their children,
> A majority of voters want to be thought of as socially compassionate, empathetic and forward thinking,
> A growing plurality of voters believe global warming is a genuine threat

If you're a conservative candidate for national office, where is your intersect with  pointing-up  these principles and the American voters who hold them?

We better come up with a plan, and soon.  (Hint:  Where does DJT intersect with 75+ million Americans?)

« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 05:25:03 am by Right_in_Virginia »