Author Topic: Trump’s base warms to Ted Cruz after president’s amnesty ‘betrayal’  (Read 8040 times)

Offline Mesaclone

Kind of solidifies my theory that many of our resident Trump supporters are named Peggy and have Eastern European accents.

If anything, that would apply to the NT crowd who are actually benefitting the international Left by undermining a GOP president. The last thing that crowd wants is a Conservative party (GOP) in the US rallying to President Trump’s assertive conservative policies.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:41:20 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online libertybele

If anything, that would apply to the NT crowd who are actually benefitting the international Left by undermining a GOP president. The last thing that crowd wants is a Conservative party (GOP) in the US rallying to President Trump’s assertive conservative policies.

So, please enlighten me as to what Trump's conservative policies are?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:thumbsup:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

:2popcorn:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

How about he's not a bleeping Commie?   In a 50/50 divided country.  And a proven winner!

Geez....isn't that enough?

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

How about he's not a bleeping Commie?   In a 50/50 divided country.  And a proven winner!

He's not a rat used to be a convincing argument for me when I was a republican.
He's proven he can sign a taxcut and a bloated budget.
So this is winning.
 :0012:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

So we're supposed to consider someone not quite as radical as the woman he used to finance a win?

No settling for the best of two bad choices is never enough.

It's lowering the bar and lowering the standards.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Mesaclone

Well...all of them.

But for more specifics, let me refer you to the Heritage Foundation.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/heritage-foundation-64-of-trumps-agenda-already-done-faster-than-reagan/article/2650141

Excerpt 1:
With unprecedented speed, the Trump administration has already implemented nearly two-thirds of the 334 agenda items called for by the Heritage Foundation, a pace faster than former President Reagan who embraced the conservative think tank’s legendary “Mandate for Leadership” blueprint.

Excerpt 2:
At this stage of his presidency, Reagan had completed 49 percent of the Heritage policy recommendations.

“We’re blown away,” Binion said in an interview. Trump, he said, “is very active, very conservative, and very effective.”

What’s more, he said, Trump hasn’t just focused on one agenda area, but he and his team has pushed through administrative moves on foreign policy, deregulation, immigration, tax reform and health care, moves often ignored by the media.

“It is a huge volume that his administration has worked on and it is a huge spectrum of issues,” said Binion.

By all means, read the full article to "fully" answer your query!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:07:45 am by Mesaclone »

Online libertybele

Well...all of them.

Well, all of them doesn't cut it as that is not true. So, do the words 'lock her up' mean anything, or was that just Trump being Trump and we'll just chalk that up to campaign rhetoric?  Should we chalk up the lack of a wall, amnesty and no repeal of Bammycare as campaign rhetoric also? His AG, DOJ and FBI are a FAILURE and he has done nothing to hold anyone accountable yet he can order his AG/DOJ to ban bump stocks. ... and he proclaims that all he's done is keep his campaign promises.  Go it!  End of discussion.  Next!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Well...all of them.

But for more specifics, let me refer you to the Heritage Foundation.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/heritage-foundation-64-of-trumps-agenda-already-done-faster-than-reagan/article/2650141

Excerpt 1:
With unprecedented speed, the Trump administration has already implemented nearly two-thirds of the 334 agenda items called for by the Heritage Foundation, a pace faster than former President Reagan who embraced the conservative think tank’s legendary “Mandate for Leadership” blueprint.

Excerpt 2:
At this stage of his presidency, Reagan had completed 49 percent of the Heritage policy recommendations.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/09/the-fall-of-the-heritage-foundation-and-the-death-of-republican-ideas/279955/

During the 1980 election, an up-and-coming Washington think tank called the Heritage Foundation undertook a massive task: to examine the federal government from top to bottom and produce a detailed, practical conservative policy vision.

The result, called Mandate for Leadership, epitomized the intellectual ambition of the then-rising conservative movement. Its 20 volumes, totaling more than 3,000 pages, included such proposals as income-tax cuts, inner-city “enterprise zones,” a presidential line-item veto, and a new Air Force bomber.

Despite the publication's academic prose and mind-boggling level of detail, it caused a sensation. A condensed version -- still more than 1,000 pages -- became a paperback bestseller in Washington. The newly elected Ronald Reagan passed out copies at his first Cabinet meeting, and it quickly became his administration’s blueprint. By the end of Reagan’s first year in office, 60 percent of the Mandate’s 2,000 ideas were being implemented, and the Republican Party’s status as a hotbed of intellectual energy was ratified.

I'm starting to think it's all fake news Mesaclone.  So pick the lie you like best.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:20:32 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Mesaclone

Well, all of them doesn't cut it as that is not true. So, do the words 'lock her up' mean anything, or was that just Trump being Trump and we'll just chalk that up to campaign rhetoric?  Should we chalk up the lack of a wall, amnesty and no repeal of Bammycare as campaign rhetoric also? His AG, DOJ and FBI are a FAILURE and he has done nothing to hold anyone accountable yet he can order his AG/DOJ to ban bump stocks. ... and he proclaims that all he's done is keep his campaign promises.  Go it!  End of discussion.  Next!

I thought we were discussing policies, not campaign chants meant to point out the criminal nature of Hillary Clinton.

Seriously, did you READ the article? The man is governing with more conservative success and policies than Reagan was able to implement.

Online DCPatriot

So we're supposed to consider someone not quite as radical as the woman he used to finance a win?

No settling for the best of two bad choices is never enough.

It's lowering the bar and lowering the standards.

I'm sick and damned tired of shadow boxing with you.

The choice is Donald Trump...or an effing commie political party gone 'round the bend.

Hold to your so-called 'principles' during the primary, but get your sh*t together afterwards and support the damned party.

If you cannot do that, ... STFU.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm sick and damned tired of shadow boxing with you.

The choice is Donald Trump...or an effing commie political party gone 'round the bend.

Hold to your so-called 'principles' during the primary, but get your sh*t together afterwards and support the damned party.

If you cannot do that, ... STFU.

Trust me. There are many people here much more tired of your threadbare disproven rhetoric...hints at violence and general bullying.

If you don't have principals then you have nothing of value. Nothing to anchor your life too.

Principals are at the very heart of Conservatism.

Principals are what you are clearly and seemingly proudly devoid of.

And I most certainly won't "STFU" because a spineless internet bully hiding behind his keyboard like you tells me to.

I simply suggest that if you don't like what I have to say...put me on ignore or simply do something that starts with "Go" and ends with "yourself".

Offline Mesaclone

Trust me. There are many people here much more tired of your threadbare disproven rhetoric...hints at violence and general bullying.

If you don't have principals then you have nothing of value. Nothing to anchor your life too.

Principals are what you are clearly and seemingly proudly devoid of.

And I most certainly won't "STFU" because a spineless internet bully hiding behind his keyboard like you tells me to.

I simply suggest that if you don't like what I have to say...put me on ignore or simply do something that starts with "Go" and ends with "yourself".

How did school principals become part of this discussion. As for STFU, quit being a snowflake with the concern for “bullying”. The STFU simply means quit whining and join the fight against the radical left.

As for “principles” stop pretending yours are more nobly held to than anyone else’s here....we all believe deeply in our principles. But like Reagan, we all understand that we live in. a Republican form of government which REQUIRES compromise if we want to advance ANY conservative legislation.

Online DCPatriot

How did school principals become part of this discussion. As for STFU, quit being a snowflake with the concern for “bullying”. The STFU simply means quit whining and join the fight against the radical left.

As for “principles” stop pretending yours are more nobly held to than anyone else’s here....we all believe deeply in our principles. But like Reagan, we all understand that we live in. a Republican form of government which REQUIRES compromise if we want to advance ANY conservative legislation.

Thank you, sir!    :patriot:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
" join the fight against the radical left."

:silly:   Hate to tell you, but DJT is part of that despicable "left". Guess that 50 cent a gallon fuel tax got past you huh?

Man, which alternate reality did you live though?   I am more than old enough to remember Reagan, and any comparison of him to the Orange Trojan horse is beyond laughable.  Exclaiming...... "New York City". applies more than just to picante sauce , it also applies to faux-cconserative hucksters who have sadly duped a huge amount of  unsuspecting fools. Please stop the comparisons to Reagan.  Thank You.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Suppressed

If I was a fan of President Trump, I would take solace in the fact that if Trump runs for re-election history says he will win.  The White House has traded parties every 8 years since 1944 with only one exception in 1980.  In 1980 President Carter gave us double digit unemployment, interest rates, and inflation and his ineptitude led to 12 years of GOP Presidents.  I fully expect Trump to be a two-termer.

And then a far-left backlash swing that will knock us all so hard. . .
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Hoodat

If you don't have principles then you have nothing of value. Nothing to anchor your life too.

Principles are what you are clearly and seemingly proudly devoid of.

@txradioguy

This gets to the heart of the matter.  Because these are the same people who claimed to be all about principle when it came to building a wall.  These are the same people who told us what a sin amnesty while falsely maligning Ted Cruz as pro-amnesty, even though he was the most anti-amnesty candidate in the entire field.  And at the same time, these same people ignored Donald Trump's pro-amnesty positions, while holding him up as the standard bearer against illegal immigration.

And now that the election is long over, these same people maintain that level of condescension even though their core principle has been completely abandoned.

In essence, it all comes down to bearing false witness.  Ted Cruz was, is, and continues to be the most anti-amnesty and anti-immigration candidate out there.  And these same pro-Trump, anti-Cruz detractors that booed his Conservative message at the Convention are nothing more than pathetic liars.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

@txradioguy

This gets to the heart of the matter.  Because these are the same people who claimed to be all about principle when it came to building a wall.  These are the same people who told us what a sin amnesty while falsely maligning Ted Cruz as pro-amnesty, even though he was the most anti-amnesty candidate in the entire field.  And at the same time, these same people ignored Donald Trump's pro-amnesty positions, while holding him up as the standard bearer against illegal immigration.

And now that the election is long over, these same people maintain that level of condescension even though their core principle has been completely abandoned.

In essence, it all comes down to bearing false witness.  Ted Cruz was, is, and continues to be the most anti-amnesty and anti-immigration candidate out there.  And these same pro-Trump, anti-Cruz detractors that booed his Conservative message at the Convention are nothing more than pathetic liars.

"You'd better put some ice on that!"  ... William Jefferson Clinton

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 02:07:51 pm by txradioguy »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

@DCPatriot

I know we are on opposite sides when it comes to to DJT, but I never can dislike another baseball fan.

OTOH......

Using vernacular that Clinton used during his rapes and abuses to describe  Trump - Cruz issues is highly offensive.   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I thought we were discussing policies, not campaign chants meant to point out the criminal nature of Hillary Clinton.

Seriously, did you READ the article? The man is governing with more conservative success and policies than Reagan was able to implement.

Reagan wasn't exactly Conservative was he?  Not on immigration and that is what Trump campaigned on.  That is why people voted for him.  People are tired of empty campaign chants.  Go back to all those campaign rallies and you will find stadiums filled with people worked up on immigration reform.  Also worked up on putting Hillary in jail.  The first thing Trump did at his inauguration Lunch was to honor Hillary and Bills presence there.  Trumps liberal daughter was seated at the Clintons table.  It didn't go unnoticed by me.  Right away I knew that the American people had been duped.  They thought he was different. 

Reagan was the beginning of foreign takeover of America.

No President on either side has reigned in Illegal immigration.  It was a false hope wasn't it?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 06:13:06 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline goodwithagun

I thought you couldn’t get any lower than calling other TBR members cockroaches, but I was apparently very, very wrong. This is disgusting.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

All rhetoric!  And on top of that it has been one scandal after another with his cabinet.  There is John Kelly in interview telling everyone that he is in charge of how Trump thinks.  Ivanka and Jared also competing for the top influence over Trump.  He is like a bobble head.  He gets smacked back and forth by competing views.  Republican, Conservative and liberal.  Or a better example is blown around by the wind which ever way it is blowing. 

His family should not be part of his administration period.  That is monarchy.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 06:14:20 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.