Author Topic: Trump’s base warms to Ted Cruz after president’s amnesty ‘betrayal’  (Read 8054 times)

Offline libertybele

Uh, oh....this is going to ruffle a few feathers!!

Trump’s base warms to Ted Cruz after president’s amnesty ‘betrayal’

They aren’t calling him “Lyin’ Ted” anymore.

Sen. Ted Cruz’s stock is rising among members of President Trump’s base who feel double-crossed after the president offered amnesty to illegals in the immigration debate. Some who opposed Mr. Cruz in his 2016 run for the White House are even clamoring for the Texas Republican to mount a primary challenge to Mr. Trump in 2020.

The newfound esteem for Mr. Cruz, whom Mr. Trump dubbed “Lyin’ Ted” when they battled for the 2016 Republican nomination, is coming from people who were die-hard supporters of the president.

“Ted Cruz has kept his word to the American citizens, and we are watching this very, very carefully,” said Sue Payne, a conservative activist in Washington’s Maryland suburbs who in 2016 championed Mr. Trump and reviled Mr. Cruz. “I’m getting very sick of Donald Trump right now. He’s turning his back on the people who put him in office.”..........

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/20/ted-cruz-stock-rises-trump-base-after-amnesty-betr/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Mesaclone

That article cites one or two anecdotal cases...no data whatsoever to support any shift away from Trump due to immigration or anything else. Then, at the very end, it "notes" that Trump's support is holding strong at 80% of Republicans.

Poorly thought out wishful thinking...at best.

Making a deal on immigration, that builds a wall and ends chain migration...and improves everify and general enforcement...betrays nothing. In fact, it is the fulfillment of his promise. If fulfillment of the promise is paid for with a path to citizenship for dreamers...and a corresponding reduction in "other" immigration to balance it out...that's what's known as Making America Great Again.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline corbe

In before the Trumpers tell me the Authour is a commie, pinko, F*G.

S.A. Miller
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
   In before the Trumpers tell me the Authour is a commie, pinko, F*G.

S.A. Miller

@corbe

Too late. See the post above yours.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

“I’m getting very sick of Donald Trump right now. He’s turning his back on the people who put him in office..."  Yet there are still those 'Trumpers'' who refuse to admit he offered amnesty and they're still waiting for him to pull a rabbit out of his hat.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 08:55:59 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mesaclone

@corbe

Too late. See the post above yours.

Your intellectual dishonesty is reflective of your irrational desire to believe anything that is anti-Trump. I refuted the facts, or lack there’d, within the article, and made no silly, hyperbolic ad hominem attacks on the author...so not sure why you felt it necessary to make up a juvenile lie as to the nature of my response.

Your comment is definitive of why the Never Trump movement is such a failure...the lack of substance inherent in your criticisms of Trump voters and our arguments.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Making a deal on immigration, that builds a wall and ends chain migration...and improves everify and general enforcement...betrays nothing. In fact, it is the fulfillment of his promise. If fulfillment of the promise is paid for with a path to citizenship for dreamers...and a corresponding reduction in "other" immigration to balance it out...that's what's known as Making America Great Again.

It’s as big as it gets, where betrayal is concerned.  Keep trying to polish this turd, though.

! No longer available

Incidentally, chain migration won’t end, it’ll just get scaled back.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Your intellectual dishonesty is reflective of your irrational desire to believe anything that is anti-Trump. I refuted the facts, or lack there’d, within the article, and made no silly, hyperbolic ad hominem attacks on the author...so not sure why you felt it necessary to make up a juvenile lie as to the nature of my response.

Your comment is definitive of why the Never Trump movement is such a failure...the lack of substance inherent in your criticisms of Trump voters and our arguments.

You're an Uber partisan fraud who continues to show that you have nothing substantial or critical to add to the discussion.

Your only purpose here is spin control and propaganda promulgation for team Orange.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 01:00:57 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cruz's method allows 1,000,000 chain migrants every year.

He is in trouble in his home state.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cruz offers amnesty and always has, that is forgiving any lawbreaking.

Now, Senator Do-Nothing's way means nothing gets done, no wall, no border security, zilch but I'm sure his followers will think that is great.

No way, he ever gets into the executive branch, just a polarizing figure.

Maybe he can go after sex toys as an attorney for Texas as he did before, his great accomplishments.  :tongue2:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Quit lying.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Now, Senator Do-Nothing's way means nothing gets done, no wall, no border security, zilch but I'm sure his followers will think that is great.

Maybe he can go after sex toys as an attorney for Texas as he did before, his great accomplishments.  :tongue2:

You do realize the only one that believes your steaming pile of crap is you right?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Ted Cruz has said no amnesty.  As it stands now the only thing that impresses me about Trump is his apparent support for Israel and Nikki Haley.  We will see if he continues to support Israel and what his motives and purposes are.  It is interesting times, End Times.  Any time that major things are happening in Israel it has my attention.  Beyond that very unimpressed.  He is going backwards on his immigration promises.  He is showing signs that he is anti 2nd amendment.  Nothing surprising because he has opened his mouth about these things before.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
That article cites one or two anecdotal cases...no data whatsoever to support any shift away from Trump due to immigration or anything else. Then, at the very end, it "notes" that Trump's support is holding strong at 80% of Republicans.

Hey, this is the press.  They throw stuff out there and see what happens.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Quit lying.

That's like asking him to quit breathing, although that may be your preferred option.

Offline skeeter

Hey, this is the press.  They throw stuff out there and see what happens.

It might not be the purpose of the article if some die-hard Trump supporters are finally shucking off the bogus rhetoric of the campaign thats a healthy thing.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Ted Cruz has said no amnesty.  As it stands now the only thing that impresses me about Trump is his apparent support for Israel and Nikki Haley.  We will see if he continues to support Israel and what his motives and purposes are.  It is interesting times, End Times.  Any time that major things are happening in Israel it has my attention.  Beyond that very unimpressed.  He is going backwards on his immigration promises.  He is showing signs that he is anti 2nd amendment.  Nothing surprising because he has opened his mouth about these things before.

I think you are panicking too quickly about Trump.  I am clinging to the hope that Trump will move away from any amnesty position.

I think he advanced the proposal as a test.  He knew the left wouldn't accept it and now he can put forth any program he wants and say, 'hey, I offered you some help for the Dreamers and you rejected it, so now, forget it."

Also, I wish people wouldn't panic because Trump has made a few statements offering to consider some gun requirements.  The atmosphere is chaotic now and all the "innocent little children" are marching in step and in total ignorance.

He's just making a couple of sops to the mass insanity.

I'm gonna settle back and hope and pray that Trump does not move left in his DEEDS.  That's what counts.  Deeds not tweets.

As far as all the crap @TomSea was spouting about Ted Cruz, I think we all know that Tom is certifiable on the matter of Ted Cruz.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Hey, @Mesaclone  Hold your ground, baby.  You are every bit as rational in your posts here as the NTers, and I mean Ed, Corbe and Radio guy.

What bugs me about these guys is that they lie in wait for something that they think proves they were right about Trump all along and when they find something, they get so excited, they may soil their underwear.

I am waiting now, as I have tried to do all along, to see what Trump actually does and not what he tweets.

There are two Trumps, the tweeter and the doer.  The doer Trump has not done anything to make me want him gone.

I like it that people are getting to know Ted Cruz.  I think that's why he lost the primary.  He was a virtual unknown nationally going against a Household Name.

Offline Idiot

Obviously you don't live here....

Offline corbe

Hey, @Mesaclone  Hold your ground, baby.  You are every bit as rational in your posts here as the NTers, and I mean Ed, Corbe and Radio guy.

Hey, @Mesaclone I think @Emjay just insulted you in a nice kinda way.   :silly:

PS:  I don't think his name is Ed.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
PS:  I don't think his name is Ed.

It’s not, but I have been called much worse.   :shrug:
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That's like asking him to quit breathing, although that may be your preferred option.

@Emjay

No ma'am.  I would never wish that kind of ill will on any member here no matter how stridently I disagree with them on an issue or in general.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"Insultin' is our name, and lyin' in wait is our game."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln