Author Topic: Trump’s base warms to Ted Cruz after president’s amnesty ‘betrayal’  (Read 8044 times)

Offline goodwithagun

But . . . but . . . but that's different.

If you tell the lie enough, everybody will believe it! Art of the deal! Eighth dimensional chess! Bait and switch! YUGE!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 09:04:14 pm by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online Hoodat

If you tell the lie enough, everybody will believe it! Art of the deal! Eighth dimensional chess! Bait and switch! YUGE!

The sad part is that these people don't care.  They are dishonest to the core.  There is essentially no difference between them and Democrats.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DB

The sad part is that these people don't care.  They are dishonest to the core.  There is essentially no difference between them and Democrats.

They voted for the morals, ethics and civility they themselves value.

Online corbe

Post of the Day @Hoodat
   It's sad really I knew some of them before Trump came around and they seemed intelligent and thoughtful Briefers and some still are but a select few, and we know who they are, have been blinded so much by their support they project all their crap onto us 'so called' NT'ers.  I'm OK with it I just consider the source but they have lost all credibility with me.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

Post of the Day @Hoodat
   It's sad really I knew some of them before Trump came around and they seemed intelligent and thoughtful Briefers and some still are but a select few, and we know who they are, have been blinded so much by their support they project all their crap onto us 'so called' NT'ers.  I'm OK with it I just consider the source but they have lost all credibility with me.

I'm not ok with Trumpsters slinging their b.s.with people who are holding Trump's feet to the fire (and rightfully so).  Trump's actions the past month have become concerning.  How can they support the issues that Trump has flip-flopped on?  Their excuse seems to be, that Trump has some kind of magic up his sleeve and not to worry ...  once he pulls the rabbit out of his hat, everything will be fine!  Really?  They too see what's taking place but they refuse to acknowledge what he's doing, saying and acting.  They still hear the campaign promises and all the rhetoric from his rallies, that quite frankly, don't mean squat right now.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

I'm not ok with Trumpsters slinging their b.s.with people who are holding Trump's feet to the fire (and rightfully so).  Trump's actions the past month have become concerning.  How can they support the issues that Trump has flip-flopped on?  Their excuse seems to be, that Trump has some kind of magic up his sleeve and not to worry ...  once he pulls the rabbit out of his hat, everything will be fine!  Really?  They too see what's taking place but they refuse to acknowledge what he's doing, saying and acting.  They still hear the campaign promises and all the rhetoric from his rallies, that quite frankly, don't mean squat right now.

In for a penny, in for a pound. They boarded the Trump train without any tracks. The only question is how far they'll go...

Offline libertybele

In for a penny, in for a pound. They boarded the Trump train without any tracks. The only question is how far they'll go...

Well, they've given him a pass on amnesty and I've had a couple still tell me that he's not for amnesty.  They've been a little quiet on his recent stance on the 2nd amendment ... only that I should still give him a chance!  Really?  Once he bends on the 2nd amendment, there is no chance!  Once he grants amnesty, there is not chance.  The magnitude of the potential results of him caving on this 2 issues is enormous.  What is it that they don't get?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

It's obvious some of them drink too much.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

Indeed for some liquor is quicker, but candy is dandy.  I get that, but certainly they've got to recognize sooner or later that the Trump haze is evaporating rather quickly.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

She seems nice.  Looks like I have another trip to make to Tineye.

Added:  Paris Hilton, post-boob job.  There's a YouTube.  Good news she poses for a few seconds with a Hello Kitty AR-15.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 10:23:14 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

Post of the Day @Hoodat

! No longer available

Online roamer_1

Geezeus!

Nobody is going to ever deport 'peaceful' immigrants.   Legal or otherwise.   Get over it.

President Trump offered amnesty for 1.8 million DACA 'children'.  And citizenship.   In 12 years!!

if the RATS gain a super majority in November because some of our resident 'Goodbers' decide to stay home, they will override a Trump veto and....well, you know how THAT story ends.

Yes we do. In EXACTLY the same place.

Online roamer_1

So, you're plan is no wall, no end to chain migration, no increased border security....but you can still "feel good" because you held to principles. Sounds like a great way to get nothing in a Republic while ensuring the Far Left reigns perpetually.   Good thinking.

For the record, having principles does not preclude the use of reason nor the wisdom to compromise in a Republican form of government...your "feel good" approach simply means failure for conservative ideas. Instead of getting 80% of conservative ideas put into legislation, we get 0% and a nice warm feeling of self satisfaction.

Brilliant plan.

Buuuullshit.

Heard all that before in the 80's
Them sonsabiches stood right there on the TV and promised all that, and never again.
I for one will not be satisfied to do any more than hold them to it.

They did it again over Hunter's fence. Passed and paid for. Where is it?

Offline libertybele

Buuuullshit.

Heard all that before in the 80's
Them sonsabiches stood right there on the TV and promised all that, and never again.
I for one will not be satisfied to do any more than hold them to it.

They did it again over Hunter's fence. Passed and paid for. Where is it?

I believe Duncan got part of his fence, but Congress NEVER funded the remaining fence in the budget.  We're still waiting ... don't worry though ... Trump is going to have Mexico pay for it!

Online roamer_1

How about he's not a bleeping Commie?

Yes, he is.

Geez....isn't that enough?

Not by a LONGSHOT.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 01:43:38 am by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

I'm sick and damned tired of shadow boxing with you.

The choice is Donald Trump...or an effing commie political party gone 'round the bend.

A distinction without a difference.

Hold to your so-called 'principles' during the primary, but get your sh*t together afterwards and support the damned party.

Howabout a big steaming cup of 'Oh, Hell No!'
Precisely why I left your insipid, traitorous party.

I'll hold my principles till I'm dead and gone.

If you cannot do that, ... STFU.

Not going to happen. I am gonna yell about it every damn day and make sure folks know the difference between Conservatism and mere Republicans, and show Republicans for the back biting traitorous group they are.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
! No longer available

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline libertybele

Meanwhile the rest of us go down with it.

They will go down as well and too proud (and for some too stubborn) to admit that they were wrong.

Offline Mesaclone

A distinction without a difference. So, your argument is that Hillary would have appointed Judge Gorsuch and a BUNCH of other conservatives to the courts...as Trump has done. How is that not a difference? Your argument must also be that Hillary would have pulled us out of Paris, renegotiated NAFTA, cut regulations dramatically (469 withdrawn and 860 pending regs killed), held out on DACA for a border wall and vastly superior enforcement...and cuts to legal immigration.  In short, you have no argument. A peawit could see that Hillary would be appointing Lib judges up and down the ranks...including the Supreme Court...legalized and vastly added to DACA...added a bazillion more regs...embraced Paris AND the Kyoto environmental baloney. And that's the short list. So feel free to argue against the President, but quit telling that dimwitted lie that its a distinction without a difference...because its self evident that the difference is broad and deep.

Howabout a big steaming cup of 'Oh, Hell No!'
Precisely why I left your insipid, traitorous party.

I'll hold my principles till I'm dead and gone.

Not going to happen. I am gonna yell about it every damn day and make sure folks know the difference between Conservatism and mere Republicans, and show Republicans for the back biting traitorous group they are.

Everyone on this board has every bit the solid principles you wish to claim as yours alone. Some, fortunately, are not dumb enough to believe that "holding them till you're dead and gone" while ensuring they absolutely have zero chance of ever becoming law...is a smart political strategy. We live in a Republic, not a dictatorship.

EVERYONE thinks their principles are pre-eminent...if nobody is willing to compromise politically because they will only accept getting their own way on everything...then "government of the people, by the people, and for the people shall surely perish from this earth". Your approach is little more than a call for the dictatorship of "roamer"...in which all of his principles become law and he can dismiss everyone else's. Dumb...is not a strong enough word.

Selfish and shortsighted don't encompass it either...even arrogant and smug fall short. Perhaps collectively, though, these adjectives approach describing your position.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 05:07:54 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
I believe Duncan got part of his fence, but Congress NEVER funded the remaining fence in the budget.  We're still waiting ... don't worry though ... Trump is going to have Mexico pay for it!

Does anyone know what happened to taxing the remittances to Mexico and other countries???  That seemed like the only possible way for Mexico to pay for the wall.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Does anyone know what happened to taxing the remittances to Mexico and other countries???  That seemed like the only possible way for Mexico to pay for the wall.

It's disappeared down the same rabbit hole the rest of the wall promises went down.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

Trump opened his mouth before he realized he would have to get approval and that Congress holds the purse strings.  There are other ways to pay for the wall - -

Ted Cruz wants 'El Chapo' to pay for Trump's U.S.-Mexico wall

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-ted-cruz-wants-el-chapo-to-pay-for-the-wall-20170425-htmlstory.html