Author Topic: Trump’s base warms to Ted Cruz after president’s amnesty ‘betrayal’  (Read 8042 times)

Online libertybele

One thing about Ted Cruz is that he is passionate about getting illegals out and keeping them out.

However, much as I love Ted Cruz, I don't think he could have accomplished any more than Trump has so far, maybe not as much, given the current sad state of Congress.

I am sick, sick, sick of the unfair criticism of Trump everywhere I look.  Yahoo is calling Michelle Obama a princess. My gosh.

Trump has the best enemies on earth.  So, I'm sticking with him right now for a couple of reasons.

One, he's the only President we have or will have for the next three years, and,
Two.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

This isn't about what Trump has accomplished vs. what Cruz could have accomplished as no one in here has a crystal ball.  The complaint is about Trump stating that he is willing to grant amnesty after he repeatedly campaigned that he was against amnesty. If you think that is unfair criticism you are sadly mistaken; what   that boils down to is lack of integrity and character and why this country is in the mess that it's in.  Those willing to compromise their principles in order to get votes has significantly decreased the appeal of those within the Republican party; better known as RINO's!

Yes, Trump is our president and the only one we have and I am willing to stand by him as long as he doesn't go against the very principles that he campaigned on.  I am willing to stand by him against the liberal leftist mental midgets, but I'll be darned if I stand with him when he tilts to the left in order to appease them for the sake of getting a bill passed, especially when it's detrimental to this country.

If you think amnesty is a good thing and if you think we'll see another GOP candidate seated after full blown amnesty is granted you are sadly, sadly mistaken.  By granting amnesty, Trump will seal the coffin of the GOP and will hand the DEMS control of this country.  Sorry, I cannot and will not stand by a president who is willing to do that!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
This isn't about what Trump has accomplished vs. what Cruz could have accomplished as no one in here has a crystal ball.  The complaint is about Trump stating that he is willing to grant amnesty after he repeatedly campaigned that he was against amnesty. If you think that is unfair criticism you are sadly mistaken; what   that boils down to is lack of integrity and character and why this country is in the mess that it's in.  Those willing to compromise their principles in order to get votes has significantly decreased the appeal of those within the Republican party; better known as RINO's!

Yes, Trump is our president and the only one we have and I am willing to stand by him as long as he doesn't go against the very principles that he campaigned on.  I am willing to stand by him against the liberal leftist mental midgets, but I'll be darned if I stand with him when he tilts to the left in order to appease them for the sake of getting a bill passed, especially when it's detrimental to this country.

If you think amnesty is a good thing and if you think we'll see another GOP candidate seated after full blown amnesty is granted you are sadly, sadly mistaken.  By granting amnesty, Trump will seal the coffin of the GOP and will hand the DEMS control of this country.  Sorry, I cannot and will not stand by a president who is willing to do that!

I am sorry but I don't want to talk about this anymore.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Geezeus!

Nobody is going to ever deport 'peaceful' immigrants.   Legal or otherwise.   Get over it.

President Trump offered amnesty for 1.8 million DACA 'children'.  And citizenship.   In 12 years!!

if the RATS gain a super majority in November because some of our resident 'Goodbers' decide to stay home, they will override a Trump veto and....well, you know how THAT story ends.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

Geezeus!

Nobody is going to ever deport 'peaceful' immigrants.   Legal or otherwise.   Get over it.

President Trump offered amnesty for 1.8 million DACA 'children'.  And citizenship.   In 12 years!!

if the RATS gain a super majority in November because some of our resident 'Goodbers' decide to stay home, they will override a Trump veto and....well, you know how THAT story ends.

Really?  You're still not getting the whole picture.  1.8 million is very conservative, but we'll stick to that number.  Those 1.8 'dreamers' have parents so in essence that figure becomes 3.6 million; that's a significant number of new DEM voters that could very easily equate to making it impossible for any GOP candidate to win. So, over the course of 12 years since most are of voting age, the 'dreamers' also have kids ... now the figure grows even more significantly.

IF the DEMS take over in the mid terms, count on full blown amnesty and chain migration equating to yet even more DEM voters and an impossible scenario for the GOP to compete against the DEMS; after all Trump opened his mouth and stated he was for amnesty.

This has nothing to do with anyone staying home and not voting and everything to do with Trump handing the DEMS control over Congress and the oval office.  Not exactly a conservative Superhero!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

I am sorry but I don't want to talk about this anymore.

No problem.  Understood.  :beer:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

IF the DEMS take over in the mid terms, count on full blown amnesty and chain migration equating to yet even more DEM voters and an impossible scenario for the GOP to compete against the DEMS; after all Trump opened his mouth and stated he was for amnesty.

This has nothing to do with anyone staying home and not voting and everything to do with Trump handing the DEMS control over Congress and the oval office.  Not exactly a conservative Superhero! 

Was he @libertybele ?

! No longer available

« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 01:32:44 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online libertybele

Was he @libertybele ?

The Superhero comment was meant for D.C. which is relevant to a conversation he and I had long ago, but I'll go ahead and answer your question.  As for Reagan's 'Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986'; FAIL!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The Superhero comment was meant for D.C. which is relevant to a conversation he and I had long ago, but I'll go ahead and answer your question.  As for Reagan's 'Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986'; FAIL!

That's because he was lied to by the Dems.  It's a lesson why we shouldn't fall yet again for the "wall later" BS from RINO's and Libs alike.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online libertybele

That's because he was lied to by the Dems.  It's a lesson why we shouldn't fall yet again for the "wall later" BS from RINO's and Libs alike.

Exactly!   :patriot: 

Offline Suppressed

It’s not, but I have been called much worse.   :shrug:

It's Environmental Damage Prevention and Control, init?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Mesaclone

Really?  You're still not getting the whole picture.  1.8 million is very conservative, but we'll stick to that number.  Those 1.8 'dreamers' have parents so in essence that figure becomes 3.6 million; that's a significant number of new DEM voters that could very easily equate to making it impossible for any GOP candidate to win. So, over the course of 12 years since most are of voting age, the 'dreamers' also have kids ... now the figure grows even more significantly.

This has nothing to do with anyone staying home and not voting and everything to do with Trump handing the DEMS control over Congress and the oval office. Not exactly a conservative Superhero!

Incorrect. It has EVERYTHING to do with staying home and not voting. Its not Trump who elects members of congress, its you and voters like you. IF you stay home and don't vote, you get a leftwing congress...its a simple mathematical equation, and not even a conservative Superhero like Reagan/Trump can overcome that. As for amnesty...Reagan went for it and Trump has learned from that failing...meaning he will bargain the 1.8 million ONLY if the wall is guaranteed AND chain migration limited AND a merit lottery system is put in place AND we have increased ICE enforcement and capabilities.

That's a good deal...none of us here like any amnesty, but you cannot get anything if you don't give something in congress. Trump is not a dictator...only congress can make law and that only happens with some compromise. And if you can't compromise, you simply can't govern...feeling pure and refusing to compromise on anything may make you feel like you are "principled" but the reality is all of the "principles" you care about and are fighting for will lose if the stance you are advocating is taken.

Reagan understood that you give 20% to get the 80% you want...do you think that makes him unprincipled?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 03:16:50 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online libertybele

Incorrect. It has EVERYTHING to do with staying home and not voting. Its not Trump who elects members of congress, its you and voters like you. IF you stay home and don't vote, you get a leftwing congress...its a simple mathematical equation, and not even a conservative Superhero like Reagan/Trump can overcome that. As for amnesty...Reagan went for it and Trump has learned from that failing...meaning he will bargain the 1.8 million ONLY if the wall is guaranteed AND chain migration limited AND a merit lottery system is put in place AND we have increased ICE enforcement and capabilities.

That's a good deal...none of us here like any amnesty, but you cannot get anything if you don't give something in congress. Trump is not a dictator...only congress can make law and that only happens with some compromise. And if you can't compromise, you simply can't govern...feeling pure and refusing to compromise on anything may make you feel like you are "principled" but the reality is all of the "principles" you care about and are fighting for will lose if the stance you are advocating is taken.

Reagan understood that you give 20% to get the 80% you want...do you think that makes him unprincipled?

Again, it's the 'ifs' that are supposed to be promised by the DEMS such as a wall and ending chain migration that are equally concerning as Trump's offer to grant amnesty ... as  txradioguy pointed out and should have been learned by the outcome of Regan's immigration plan -- the DEMS cannot be trusted!  Again, Trump is willing to hand them a significant amount of votes and put at risk the sovereignty of our country in order to make a 'deal'.  The sovereignty of our country is absolutely NOT negotiable!!!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Still beating that dead horse and blaming people for going with their conscience I see.

Psst...hey...time to move on.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Again, it's the 'ifs' that are supposed to be promised by the DEMS such as a wall and ending chain migration that are equally concerning as Trump's offer to grant amnesty ... as  txradioguy pointed out and should have been learned by the outcome of Regan's immigration plan -- the DEMS cannot be trusted!  Again, Trump is willing to hand them a significant amount of votes and put at risk the sovereignty of our country in order to make a 'deal'.  The sovereignty of our country is absolutely NOT negotiable!!!

:amen:

Offline skeeter

Well said. The two parties cannot be allowed to get any further with their plan to replace the American voting population with more pliant customers.

Offline Mesaclone

So, you're plan is no wall, no end to chain migration, no increased border security....but you can still "feel good" because you held to principles. Sounds like a great way to get nothing in a Republic while ensuring the Far Left reigns perpetually.   Good thinking.

For the record, having principles does not preclude the use of reason nor the wisdom to compromise in a Republican form of government...your "feel good" approach simply means failure for conservative ideas. Instead of getting 80% of conservative ideas put into legislation, we get 0% and a nice warm feeling of self satisfaction.

Brilliant plan.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 04:18:51 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
For the record, the Dreamers appears to be a legal issue as well, I don't understand the legal ins and outs but we see this morning, the SCOTUS is not accepting the issue.
Supreme Court extends relief for 'Dreamers,' refuses to rule now on Trump immigration plan

The Supreme Court handed President Trump a significant defeat Monday, turning down the administration's plea for a quick ruling on the president's power to end special protections for so-called Dreamers.

The court's decision not to immediately hear the administration's appeal could keep in place a legal shield for nearly 700,000 young immigrants for the rest of this year, and perhaps longer.

The Justice Department had sought to leapfrog the U.S. appeals courts in California and New York. The department had asked for an "immediate review" of a nationwide order by U.S. District Judge William Alsup in San Francisco that required the government to maintain for now the Obama-era program known as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA.

Continued: http://www.latimes.com/nation/ct-supreme-court-immigration-daca-20180226-story.html

Offline skeeter

So, you're plan is no wall, no end to chain migration, no increased border security....but you can still "feel good" because you held to principles. Sounds like a great way to get nothing in a Republic while ensuring the Far Left reigns perpetually.   Good thinking.

For the record, having principles does not preclude the use of reason nor the wisdom to compromise in a Republican form of government...your "feel good" approach simply means failure for conservative ideas. Instead of getting 80% of conservative ideas put into legislation, we get 0% and a nice warm feeling of self satisfaction.

Brilliant plan.

I wonder what ever happened to taking your case to the people, and using theirs' as your moral authority to actually lead on the issue. After all, as Trump himself attests (and at least for the time being), stopping illegal immigration is a political winner.

There's no reason to allow the left of and chamber of commerce to set the terms for the debate at the outset.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Geezeus!

That's why I am sick, sick, sick of the whole discussion.

Trump offered up a plan that was not good enough for DACA democrats and he knew it wouldn't be.

He knew it wouldn't pass.  Now, any plan he offers can ignore DACA and he can truthfully tell the dems, you don't really want DACA.  I offered you a good offer and you refused.

Obviously, we are going to get nothing without compromise and, apparently, we are going to get nothing even WITH a little compromise.

People who have only a surface understanding of the details of the plan are hysterical and abandoning Trump over it.

That's why we lose.  We are dumb, dumb, dumb.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

That's why I am sick, sick, sick of the whole discussion.

Trump offered up a plan that was not good enough for DACA democrats and he knew it wouldn't be.

He knew it wouldn't pass.  Now, any plan he offers can ignore DACA and he can truthfully tell the dems, you don't really want DACA.  I offered you a good offer and you refused.

Obviously, we are going to get nothing without compromise and, apparently, we are going to get nothing even WITH a little compromise.

People who have only a surface understanding of the details of the plan are hysterical and abandoning Trump over it.

That's why we lose.  We are dumb, dumb, dumb.

Speaking as NT I thought the President's proposal was a rather generous first offer.  I do not know if President Trump knew it would be rejected out of hand, but I do know he did not get his fat butt off the lounger in front of the Fox News feed to support it.

If I was a fan of President Trump, I would take solace in the fact that if Trump runs for re-election history says he will win.  The White House has traded parties every 8 years since 1944 with only one exception in 1980.  In 1980 President Carter gave us double digit unemployment, interest rates, and inflation and his ineptitude led to 12 years of GOP Presidents.  I fully expect Trump to be a two-termer.

Offline Mesaclone

Speaking as NT I thought the President's proposal was a rather generous first offer.  I do not know if President Trump knew it would be rejected out of hand, but I do know he did not get his fat butt off the lounger in front of the Fox News feed to support it.

If I was a fan of President Trump, I would take solace in the fact that if Trump runs for re-election history says he will win.  The White House has traded parties every 8 years since 1944 with only one exception in 1980.  In 1980 President Carter gave us double digit unemployment, interest rates, and inflation and his ineptitude led to 12 years of GOP Presidents.  I fully expect Trump to be a two-termer.

1992 resulted in a 4 year Bush term as well...so it’s twice since ‘44. But your point still stands.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 11:47:14 am by Mesaclone »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
1992 resulted in a 4 year Bush term as well...so it’s twice since ‘44. But your point still stands.

Actually from Regan to Bush 41 the Presidency stayed Republican. So actually the WH stayed in GOP hands for 12 years total so the original math is correct.

Online libertybele

I think his second term is going to be dependent upon the GOP winning the mid terms (I have strong doubts).  At any rate, IF Trump sees his second term, I strongly believe that we are going to see a very liberal Trump and to me that is very concerning.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
"Insultin' is our name, and lyin' in wait is our game."

Kind of solidifies my theory that many of our resident Trump supporters are named Peggy and have Eastern European accents.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mesaclone

Actually from Regan to Bush 41 the Presidency stayed Republican. So actually the WH stayed in GOP hands for 12 years total so the original math is correct.

You are correct, sir. That said, correlation does not equate to causation...and that past pattern doesn’t give me a lot of comfort.