Author Topic: First Excerpts of Nunes Memo Released  (Read 16164 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: First Excepts of Nunes Memo Released
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2018, 09:06:13 pm »
The market was too high. Markets correct from time to time. That is true with or without the Nunes memo release.

The market was tanking before we knew for sure this memo was coming out.  The DJIA numbers are done for the day.   Off 666 points, @Quix is going to have a field day with this one.  IMHO, the Stock Market tank had practically ZERO to do with this sotry.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2018, 09:08:43 pm »
I wonder why McCain would say such a thing?   :pondering:

:silly:

Once again, he is going to be embroiled in scandal.

There is no way to know if McCain said this, or if it was just somebody on his staff speaking for him. McCain himself is more than likely in a coma somewhere in an ICU.

That is the biggest problem with McCain clinging to his desk while he is incapacitated. Anybody can do or say anything in McCain's name and he is in no position to correct it. Oh yeah, of course, yes, McCain told me to do this, sure he did. Just ask him.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2018, 09:24:15 pm »
You basically committed libel on this forum. Oceander should sue... he can even put a dollar amount on the (potential) damage to his reputation.

I've been here since Day 1.   I'll be a 'character witness' for @Oceander

Call me......     *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #228 on: February 02, 2018, 09:30:09 pm »

McCain is beeping out his statements in morse code, like Captain Pike on Star Trek.

I always thought Graham looked like Pike, especially with the agape mouth and vacant stare.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #229 on: February 02, 2018, 09:31:19 pm »
The market was too high. Markets correct from time to time. That is true with or without the Nunes memo release.

Meh....IMO, the market will probably recover all of it by closing bell, Monday.   

It's interest rates, yes, but it's also a chance to buy low.

For example, Apple has ALWAYS had a poor 4th quarter due to the records broken over the Christmas holidays, yet article(s) were written suggesting the Apple X was a dud of sorts...to expensive, etc..

So, their stock took a $45B 'hit'.

Smart investors know this and buy more stock at deflated prices.

The Market's not going anywhere but up.  30K by Labor Day.   All geared to the real estate market and jobs numbers.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #230 on: February 02, 2018, 09:32:01 pm »
Here we go kids. The liars and crooks are going to be called upon to explain wtf they did here.....

Rep. Ron DeSantis: Rod Rosenstein will likely need to appear before Congress to answer questions

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/2/ron-desantis-rod-rosenstein-will-likely-need-to-ap/

The last line of the memo foreshadows what's yet to come: 

The Strzok/Lisa Page texts also reflect extensive discussions about the investigation, orchestrating leaks to the media, and include a meeting with Deputy Director McCabe to discuss an "insurance policy against President Trump's election.

It also explains McCabe's "early retirement".

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #231 on: February 02, 2018, 09:33:59 pm »
@Frank Cannon
So you call him up, put him under oath, and then expect him to tell the truth?   You're only real hope is to catch him in lie.

Bullshit.   

The entire lot of them should be considered 'Enemy Combatants' of the State/Constitution.

Take his ass to GITMO with a bucket of water.   He'll talk.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #232 on: February 02, 2018, 09:40:08 pm »
@GrouchoTex

wire services i.e., news services were at one time actual wire. Wire was used as a recording device before tape.

Vintage Webster Chicago Model 80-1 Wire Tape Recorder Case PLAYER / EXTRAS BIN

@240B

Hmm, I always figured the wire service was referring to the old telegraph wire.
Makes sense now.
Thanks

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #233 on: February 02, 2018, 09:46:29 pm »
Bullshit.   

The entire lot of them should be considered 'Enemy Combatants' of the State/Constitution.

Of course that is the same exact thing the Clintons/Obama and the Leftists consider of everyone who is not them or in their party and they are excited to do a little bit more than water board us.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #234 on: February 02, 2018, 09:49:44 pm »
Of course that is the same exact thing the Clintons/Obama and the Leftists consider of everyone who is not them or in their party and they are excited to do a little bit more than water board us.

Shutter to think how their level of corruption/deceit would have skyrocketed, had Hillary won... as they expected.

And with a firm grip on the SCOTUS for generations to come?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #235 on: February 02, 2018, 10:07:54 pm »
Hmm, I always figured the wire service was referring to the old telegraph wire.

It was.  The term "wire service" was in use before the invention of wire-recording devices.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #236 on: February 02, 2018, 10:15:50 pm »
It was.  The term "wire service" was in use before the invention of wire-recording devices.

Ok. I guess I'm the one to learn something?
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #237 on: February 02, 2018, 10:20:28 pm »

Ok. I guess I'm the one to learn something?

Me, as well.
I did not know that they used wire tape.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #238 on: February 02, 2018, 11:02:19 pm »
@GrouchoTex

Hey Groucho, I was recently watching the old Mission Impossible TV series on Amazon Prime, and one of the early episodes, I think it is season 1, was about a wire recording. A spy had recorded all the info on a wire and had hidden it somewhere. Everyone was looking for it but nobody could find it. Of course, they called in IMF for the job.

It turns out the guy had used the wire as a border fence for a garden.

So yeah. At one time it was a real thing. Spies or reporters would record their reports on wire and send it into the home office. There are a lot of references to 'wire' in the news industry. It may have, at one time, had a duel meaning, with wire as in the telephone/telegraph line, and wire as in wire recordings.

Offline anubias

« Reply #239 on: February 02, 2018, 11:22:22 pm »
@driftdiver

We know it started on the Republican side.  That’s been known and reported by multiple outlets from the time the dossier came out.  For whatever reason, they stopped and the Clinton campaign picked up on it.  To use Frank’s example of a drunk writing ‘Trump rapes kids,’ Fusion GPS is the drunk.  Someone paid him to write ‘Trump rapes,’ then Clinton came along and paid him to write ‘kids.’  Both are outrageous.

Call me silly for wanting to know the complete story.

This is untrue.  The Dems tried to make it seem that the R’s started it, but has been proven untrue.  It was started by Clinton.  Later, they even sent McCain to give this mess to the FBI in an attempt to offload blame, but the FBI had the dossier six months prior to this.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #240 on: February 02, 2018, 11:58:02 pm »
This is untrue.  The Dems tried to make it seem that the R’s started it, but has been proven untrue.  It was started by Clinton.  Later, they even sent McCain to give this mess to the FBI in an attempt to offload blame, but the FBI had the dossier six months prior to this.

OK - but here’s something I found following up what you said.  A fact check site agrees with you and calls it false.  However, this part is included.

While part of the material may have been gathered by Fusion GPS when the firm was bankrolled by a Republican client during the primary, the entirety of Steele’s work on the dossier he was hired to produce took place while Fusion GPS was funded by the Clinton campaign. The dossier centers on Russia, and likely almost entirely came from Steele, who is well-sourced in Russia, because of his experience as a spy.

http://checkyourfact.com/2017/10/25/fact-check-did-republicans-pay-for-the-trump-dossier/

I don’t know, but it seems like real hair splitting for them to say material germane to the dossier was gathered under a different person, but has nothing to do with the other.  In the end, I suppose you just have to go with your gut.   :shrug:
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2018, 12:08:04 am »
Bullshit.   

Ha ... Trump is keeping GITMO open for a reason.   :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #242 on: February 03, 2018, 12:12:56 am »

Pelosi will never 'shut up'! Not until President Bush gets what's coming to him!

000hehehehe
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2018, 12:21:09 am »

You take things a bit too literally, @INVAR

Lighten up a bit.  Nobody's trying to hurt you.

Offline anubias

« Reply #244 on: February 03, 2018, 12:39:13 am »

OK - but here’s something I found following up what you said.  A fact check site agrees with you and calls it false.  However, this part is included.

While part of the material may have been gathered by Fusion GPS when the firm was bankrolled by a Republican client during the primary, the entirety of Steele’s work on the dossier he was hired to produce took place while Fusion GPS was funded by the Clinton campaign. The dossier centers on Russia, and likely almost entirely came from Steele, who is well-sourced in Russia, because of his experience as a spy.

http://checkyourfact.com/2017/10/25/fact-check-did-republicans-pay-for-the-trump-dossier/

I don’t know, but it seems like real hair splitting for them to say material germane to the dossier was gathered under a different person, but has nothing to do with the other.  In the end, I suppose you just have to go with your gut.   :shrug:

Fusion GPS was indeed hired by Rubio (I’ve also read Cruz) to do opposition research on Trump.  That is what this company does.  That part is true.  Christopher Steele was not hired by Fusion GPS until Hillary hired them to create a dossier on Trump.  THAT is why we know for a fact that a Republican had no hand in this dossier other than McCain giving it to the FBI after the FBI already had it for six months prior.  Steele is who did the dossier.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 12:41:03 am by anubias »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #245 on: February 03, 2018, 12:43:55 am »
Shutter to think how their level of corruption/deceit would have skyrocketed, had Hillary won... as they expected.

And with a firm grip on the SCOTUS for generations to come?

That "Law" has been decided, struck down or enacted by 5-4 SCOTUS decisions for decades - simply showcases that what we see is the consequences and results of what we have allowed and what we have been brainwashed to think.

You take things a bit too literally, @INVAR

Lighten up a bit.  Nobody's trying to hurt you.

With that pollyanna viewpoint, why were you so batshit crazy and worried about Hildabeast getting into the Oval Office if none of those people have any intentions of hurting us?

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2018, 12:49:36 am »
That "Law" has been decided, struck down or enacted by 5-4 SCOTUS decisions for decades - simply showcases that what we see is the consequences and results of what we have allowed and what we have been brainwashed to think.

With that pollyanna viewpoint, why were you so batshit crazy and worried about Hildabeast getting into the Oval Office if none of those people have any intentions of hurting us?

Excuse me?   I thought you were referring to avid Trump supporters who look down their nose at you because of your obnoxious refusal to admit that Donald Trump is a damned fine POTUS....given the times.  Not the Left. You always use that German Nazi meme to shame a fellow Briefer, so don't pull that crap with me.

It's slowly being uncovered that how sinister their plans and what they were willing to do for power.

Hopefully, enough Americans will realize the Republicans are the good guys in all of this.   But...you never know.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 12:51:05 am by DCPatriot »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2018, 01:16:53 am »
I thought you were referring to avid Trump supporters who look down their nose at you because of your obnoxious refusal to admit that Donald Trump is a damned fine POTUS....given the times. 

Yeah, well - you can pound sand waiting for that admission.  Same as I did the morons who insisted the Obama receive similar fealty and accolades or the imbeciles who encouraged hosannas for Bush.  In fact, one of your Own on this board stated twice that any support from me should be rejected because it would ruin 'Trump's brand'.   

Now you are welcome to think whatever you want of the guy sitting behind the Resolute Desk.  I frankly don't care.   I don't share the sentiment or appreciate the insistence that I must worship at the altar of whatever person sits behind that desk or I am a lousy American.  The Executive is just an Administrator, not a pontiff requiring a ring to be kissed because the mobs declare him to be a holy relic.

You always use that German Nazi meme to shame a fellow Briefer, so don't pull that crap with me.

If the shoe fits pal.  You people can go saluting your hero and savior to your heart's content - but it ends when you people demand fealty, accolades and admissions of how wonderful your Chosen politician is.  I don't care if 99% of the country salutes Trump with zealous fervor.  I'm the guy not saluting - because despite the zeitgeist and the mobs of adoring fans - nothing good for liberty comes from such an atmosphere in the long term.

Hopefully, enough Americans will realize the Republicans are the good guys in all of this.   

The GOP are no more the 'good guys' than 'moderate Democrats' are.    The Republican leadership is just as corrupt and contemptuous of we little people as the Democrat Socialists are.

I'm forever done with the kabuki shell game they play in dalliance with the Left.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #248 on: February 03, 2018, 01:23:03 am »

Pelosi will never 'shut up'! Not until President Bush gets what's coming to him!

hahahaha.  Had to laugh.  And Bush was the 'nice guy.'
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #249 on: February 03, 2018, 01:25:30 am »

There is no way to know if McCain said this, or if it was just somebody on his staff speaking for him. McCain himself is more than likely in a coma somewhere in an ICU.

That is the biggest problem with McCain clinging to his desk while he is incapacitated. Anybody can do or say anything in McCain's name and he is in no position to correct it. Oh yeah, of course, yes, McCain told me to do this, sure he did. Just ask him.

I've wondered about that also.  Just a few days ago there were heavy rumors that McCain was already dead or in a coma.  Shortly after that, a statement comes out supposedly from him.

Has anyone actually seen the man lately?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.