Author Topic: First Excerpts of Nunes Memo Released  (Read 16372 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: First Excepts of Nunes Memo Released
« Reply #200 on: February 02, 2018, 08:01:26 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
Ironic we're having this discussion in a thread which is about the leading FBI officials (lawyers) lying to a court.

Exactly. My guess would be that lying, is illegal based on job descriptions, oaths of office, department policies, and other criteria.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2018, 08:02:30 pm »
I wonder how much of the Stock Market plunge is related to the memo and people realizing we live in a corrupt oligarchy. Fox Business is saying it is fear of rising interest rates- I don't buy that.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2018, 08:05:33 pm »
And all the while McCain is still yapping, now from the very threshhold of hell.

Just said Nunes is doing 'Putin's job for him'. Sad.

Too bad McCain and his family don't stay out of it, since his mental capacity may be compromised by illness, drugs, etc.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2018, 08:10:13 pm »
I wonder how much of the Stock Market plunge is related to the memo and people realizing we live in a corrupt oligarchy. Fox Business is saying it is fear of rising interest rates- I don't buy that.

There are two things that drive the market; fear and greed.  The market cannot continue to climb indefinitely without some sort of correction and some are predicting a hard landing after an inflationary period.  I would say its more fear of a looming correction and rising interest rates more so than the 'memo'.  Just my two cents.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2018, 08:12:27 pm »

The market doesn't like uncertainty. Until we know the 'so what now' answer, it will react on the downside.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 08:14:14 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2018, 08:18:00 pm »

It has more to do with actual economics than you think.  Greenspan was discussing this the other day.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/alan-greenspan-says-there-are-two-bubbles-in-stocks-and-bonds-2018-01-31?link=MW_latest_news

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2018, 08:25:29 pm »

It has more to do with actual economics than you think.  Greenspan was discussing this the other day.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/alan-greenspan-says-there-are-two-bubbles-in-stocks-and-bonds-2018-01-31?link=MW_latest_news

I agree that many stocks are frothy, like FANG, but I did a little shopping today in other stocks. Wish me luck! :beer:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2018, 08:25:56 pm »
Here we go kids. The liars and crooks are going to be called upon to explain wtf they did here.....

Rep. Ron DeSantis: Rod Rosenstein will likely need to appear before Congress to answer questions

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/2/ron-desantis-rod-rosenstein-will-likely-need-to-ap/

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2018, 08:27:35 pm »

The market was too high. Markets correct from time to time. That is true with or without the Nunes memo release.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2018, 08:34:32 pm »
Here we go kids. The liars and crooks are going to be called upon to explain wtf they did here.....

Rep. Ron DeSantis: Rod Rosenstein will likely need to appear before Congress to answer questions

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/2/ron-desantis-rod-rosenstein-will-likely-need-to-ap/

The real story will be if Republicans find their backbones. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #210 on: February 02, 2018, 08:38:11 pm »
The real story will be if Republicans find their backbones.

The fact that they followed through with the memo despite all the Deep Staters dumping all the pressure they did to stop it shows me that they are fed up enough to keep on this. Trump hinted today that Rosenstein is about done working for him. DeSantos is running for Gov and he is still pushing this. I think they have done as well as can be expected from a batch of wet blankets.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #211 on: February 02, 2018, 08:38:25 pm »

@Frank Cannon
So you call him up, put him under oath, and then expect him to tell the truth?   You're only real hope is to catch him in lie.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #212 on: February 02, 2018, 08:40:19 pm »
@Frank Cannon
So you call him up, put him under oath, and then expect him to tell the truth?   You're only real hope is to catch him in lie.

That shouldn't be hard. This guys fingerprints are all over this warrant. He will either have to fess up or finger someone else. Either way it is a win.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #213 on: February 02, 2018, 08:42:31 pm »
Channel surfing MSNBC host just said, "A lot of our viewers don't know what FISA is..."

True, but that is only the tip of the iceberg of what they don't know. Made me laugh. :silly:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #214 on: February 02, 2018, 08:43:21 pm »
I ridiculed him them, but not for what he said, I could believe that was true , but for how he spelled it.
I think he said he was "wiretaped" instead of "wiretapped".

What is "wire tape" anyway? Barbed wire? Bailing wire?

I'm weird like that, anyway.
@GrouchoTex

wire services i.e., news services were at one time actual wire. Wire was used as a recording device before tape.

Vintage Webster Chicago Model 80-1 Wire Tape Recorder Case PLAYER / EXTRAS BIN
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 08:45:29 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #215 on: February 02, 2018, 08:45:53 pm »
Channel surfing MSNBC host just said, "A lot of our viewers don't know what FISA is..."

True, but that is only the tip of the iceberg of what they don't know. Made me laugh. :silly:

PMSLSD viewers don't know what a lot of stuff because of where they get their news.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #216 on: February 02, 2018, 08:48:02 pm »
 Trey Gowdy‏Verified account @TGowdySC

It is important for the American public to know if the dossier was paid for by another candidate, used in court pleadings, vetted before it was used, vetted after it was used, and whether all relevant facts were shared with the tribunal approving of the FISA application.
1:31 PM - 2 Feb 2018
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #217 on: February 02, 2018, 08:51:20 pm »
And all the while McCain is still yapping, now from the very threshhold of hell.

Just said Nunes is doing 'Putin's job for him'. Sad.

McCain is beeping out his statements in morse code, like Captain Pike on Star Trek.

If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

« Reply #218 on: February 02, 2018, 08:52:09 pm »
@Oceander
I've spoken to a public defender and she admitted they all lie.  She said her co-workers don't care if the person is guilty or not.  Their goal is to get them off any way they can.   I work with lawyers every single day and its your job to twist the meaning of 'is' which is what normal people call twisting the truth.

You are so far off base, it’s not even funny.  But since you’re so concerned about the veracity, or not, of lawyers in court, can we assume you turned your friend in to the court, or the disciplinary committee?

No, I didn’t think so; which means either your anecdote is just a lie, or else you’re a hypocrite. 

I actually have filed a disciplinary complaint on a fellow lawyer whom I believed was lying, and caught a lot of grief for it.  How about you?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #219 on: February 02, 2018, 08:53:49 pm »
Too bad McCain and his family don't stay out of it, since his mental capacity may be compromised by illness, drugs, etc.

Yes, but it is not in his DNA to do so.  Just like the obviously addled and brain-dead Nancy Pelosi won't shut up either.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline anubias

« Reply #220 on: February 02, 2018, 08:56:18 pm »

I wonder why McCain would say such a thing?   :pondering:

:silly:

Once again, he is going to be embroiled in scandal.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #221 on: February 02, 2018, 08:58:47 pm »
I don't think it's ironic, I think it goes right to the point.  I've missed most of the thread because it's been posted faster than I can read (and I'm at work), but it seems to me this story is, at it's heart, about how the FBI and it's prosecutorial wing at the DoJ have been lying to the courts to get authority to burn a Presidential candidate, then later a President.  Obama used the instruments of the Government against a political opponent as a weapon.  We're known this for some time on the internet discussion boards, but now this knowledge could go prime time.

This highlights a disturbing imbalance in our court system:  One side is allowed to lie maliciously and without consequences, while the other can't cross their shoelaces wrong for fear of being sanctioned.

Nice, concise, to the point summation.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #222 on: February 02, 2018, 08:59:53 pm »

Jail!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #223 on: February 02, 2018, 09:02:51 pm »
Yes, but it is not in his DNA to do so.  Just like the obviously addled and brain-dead Nancy Pelosi won't shut up either.

Pelosi will never 'shut up'! Not until President Bush gets what's coming to him!

Offline anubias

« Reply #224 on: February 02, 2018, 09:04:57 pm »

Pelosi will never 'shut up'! Not until President Bush gets what's coming to him!

And “Dennis” Hastert too!