Author Topic: Why Conservatives Still Attack Trump  (Read 20545 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Why Conservatives Still Attack Trump
« Reply #225 on: May 30, 2017, 09:12:42 pm »
Please, let the others know that this "safe place" was not my idea, it was not my doing and I got involved because you needed help with it and assigned the role of moderator.    Had you told me that my being moderator was against your wishes, I assure you, we would not now be having this conversation.  The issue would be moot.

But you said "@alicewonders needs help and you're it".

I would greatly appreciate it @mystery-ak if you'd take this undeserved monkey off my back, for once and for all.

Thanks.

It was against my wishes and I am not telling or repeating the inner workings of that decision...although the MODS that were here at the time know full well what went on behind the scenes and that is all I am saying on this matter.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #226 on: May 30, 2017, 09:13:28 pm »
Please, let the others know that this "safe place" was not my idea, it was not my doing and I got involved because you needed help with it and assigned the role of moderator.    Had you told me that my being moderator was against your wishes, I assure you, we would not now be having this conversation.  The issue would be moot.

But you said "@alicewonders needs help and you're it".

I would greatly appreciate it @mystery-ak if you'd take this undeserved monkey off my back, for once and for all.

Thanks.

I believe you.  And Myst.  Just hope nothing like it happens EVER again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #227 on: May 30, 2017, 09:14:34 pm »
OK! I stand corrected and reiterate my complete distain for the idea regardless of where it originated.
   888high58888

Offline MOD3

« Reply #228 on: May 30, 2017, 09:14:35 pm »
Ok listen up because this warning will not be repeated again.

The Boss has had a gut full of the victim card, traitor card, Hitler Card and the overall whining of both sides as of late.  It has done nothing but drag down a really nice political forum to the gutters where some people have decided to bathe in the filth.

So from this point forward, if the poking and taunting trying to goad someone into a spitball fight doesn't cease; starting right now, any whiff of a taunt from either side of this silly chasm earns you an automatic 24 hour time out.  And that includes any complaining or cries of "unfairness" about what I have just said.

You don't have to respond to someone trying to get you to say something dumb or make you mad people.  Show some self control and self restraint.

Sorry it's had to come to this, but you've been warned to add some civility back to this place for awhile now.  You didn't, so now we have to crack down.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 09:15:35 pm by MOD3 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #229 on: May 30, 2017, 09:15:24 pm »

Thank you @Bigun  and ditto!  :beer:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #230 on: May 30, 2017, 09:19:54 pm »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #231 on: May 30, 2017, 09:20:53 pm »
Ok listen up because this warning will not be repeated again.

The Boss has had a gut full of the victim card, traitor card, Hitler Card and the overall whining of both sides as of late.  It has done nothing but drag down a really nice political forum to the gutters where some people have decided to bathe in the filth.

So from this point forward, if the poking and taunting trying to goad someone into a spitball fight doesn't cease; starting right now, any whiff of a taunt from either side of this silly chasm earns you an automatic 24 hour time out.  And that includes any complaining or cries of "unfairness" about what I have just said.

You don't have to respond to someone trying to get you to say something dumb or make you mad people.  Show some self control and self restraint.

Sorry it's had to come to this, but you've been warned to add some civility back to this place for awhile now.  You didn't, so now we have to crack down.

I'm sorry to but fully understand why you are doing it.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #232 on: May 30, 2017, 09:21:41 pm »

Amen. 

On another matter Bigun, I've got dibs on your guest room when Illinois implodes. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #233 on: May 30, 2017, 09:24:53 pm »
Amen. 

On another matter Bigun, I've got dibs on your guest room when Illinois implodes.

LOL!  My number two son is occupying it presently but not for long so come on down! 

I hear you will soon be paying a LOT more state income tax.  Is that true?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #234 on: May 30, 2017, 09:25:48 pm »
I'm sorry to but fully understand why you are doing it.

I am tired of asking people to calm down and address another member in civil tones....This is a political forum and we expect arguments...you are allowed to call politicians names, disagree with them and even not vote for them..but when you detour into attacking another member that's when I draw the line.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #235 on: May 30, 2017, 09:26:46 pm »
LOL!  My number two son is occupying it presently but not for long so come on down! 

build an addition..I need a place too...yeah they are trying to raise taxes again...
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #236 on: May 30, 2017, 09:29:03 pm »
build an addition..I need a place too...yeah they are trying to raise taxes again...

Wouldn't it be simpler for the rest of Illinois to just rise up and take over Cook County?   :smokin:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #237 on: May 30, 2017, 09:31:34 pm »
Wouldn't it be simpler for the rest of Illinois to just rise up and take over Cook County?   :smokin:

Cook's doing a pretty good job of taking over themselves.  Seen the murder rate lately?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #238 on: May 30, 2017, 09:34:16 pm »
Cook's doing a pretty good job of taking over themselves.  Seen the murder rate lately?

Yeah but I don't believe it!  They have the best gun control anywhere outside of DC so it can't possibly be true! /s

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #239 on: May 30, 2017, 09:35:50 pm »
Yeah but I don't believe it!  They have the best gun control anywhere outside of DC so it can't possibly be true! /s

888high58888 :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2017, 10:00:21 pm »

Yes, a boost from 3.75% to 4.95%.  Gov. Rauner says he will veto it without changes.  What the heck is that?

I'll take a corner in the chicken coop. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2017, 10:05:18 pm »
Yes, a boost from 3.75% to 4.95%.  Gov. Rauner says he will veto it without changes.  What the heck is that?

I'll take a corner in the chicken coop.

Any chance of an override?   (I honestly don't know the makeup of your legislature.)
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2017, 10:22:32 pm »
Two things in this world you don't mess with:

• Texas

• Mod 3
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2017, 10:26:45 pm »
As I have said, over and again, Liberalism is not winning on merit. It is winning because it has no opposition.

It has no effective opposition.  It has gamed the system created by the founders by seeking and securing a monopoly of thought in the broadcasting infrastructure.

The founders believed they had solved many problems by guaranteeing "Freedom of Speech."   They always assumed that for any position,  someone could speak out and voice the opposite position.   They believed that a newspaper could be countered by other newspapers of an opposing view. 

This business of mass communications through a trillion dollar infrastructure of Cameras,  Microphones,  Satellites,  Cables,  and so forth  was something they never foresaw,   and even if they had,  the idea that it would be seized and completely monopolized by one political party is something that would have shocked and surprised them. 

We can't compete with the left's ability to get their premises and their message out to the public.   Till we can,   we are effectively deprived of the ability to check them  for which the entire Freedom of Speech thing was created to prevent! 

Republicans have been in collusion all the way along. Y'all are right to finally see that much.

Some of that collusion is because moderates are terrified that the media will go against them.   They adopt these moderate positions precisely to avoid being beaten bloody by the Liberal controlled media.    John McCain and Lindsey Graham come to mind.   

Others never really were conservative,   they are simply different sock puppets of the same elite donor groups that fund the Democrats.   

But to fight it with yet another left of center game plan with a NY Liberal as it/s figurehead s not helping a damn thing.

Well that's exactly what I thought a year ago.   I couldn't see how a Wealthy New York Liberal Democrat would advance a conservative agenda.   In that Donald Trump has so far been better than I expected. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2017, 10:27:18 pm »
Operation GangwalkerRunning guns from Evansville IN at BATFE behest.

Sipsey Street Irregulars on gangwalker

Likely just a little bit related to the murder rate. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #245 on: May 30, 2017, 10:29:19 pm »
I want the site to attract more members, and that won't happen if guests see us brawling like a bunch of unhinged nutcases. 

Unhinged nutcases are people too.   What's wrong with having some more of them for members?   :)   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #246 on: May 30, 2017, 10:33:24 pm »
Funny. Castle was still in the running.

Zilch chance. 

.. As was McMiffin, or whatever his name was...

Not a prayer. 

The ethical Conservative was present to be voted for.

Not one that had the slightest hope of winning.   In terms of influencing the outcome,  you only had two choices.   

I don't see any benefit to futile gestures,  especially when it damages a chance to halt a true evil from advancing. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #247 on: May 30, 2017, 10:33:46 pm »

Unhinged nutcases are people too.   What's wrong with having some more of them for members?   :)

22222frying pan

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #248 on: May 30, 2017, 10:34:16 pm »
What.... everything that happened here?   What did I miss?

This is what I was wondering as well. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #249 on: May 30, 2017, 10:37:53 pm »

It has no effective opposition.  It has gamed the system created by the founders by seeking and securing a monopoly of thought in the broadcasting infrastructure.

I would have agreed with you before the internet age - It was worse then, with the big three networks and the big three talking heads... But no more.

The internet, for all it's warts, is still largely free. 

We can't compete with the left's ability to get their premises and their message out to the public.   Till we can,   we are effectively deprived of the ability to check them  for which the entire Freedom of Speech thing was created to prevent! 

Oh, but we most certainly CAN. But it takes a singular and coherent message.
What fights rampant liberalism is hard core Conservatism.
The problem is that the Republicans, who have oft been said to be the home of Conservatism, are shouting it down.

Some of that collusion is because moderates are terrified that the media will go against them.   They adopt these moderate positions precisely to avoid being beaten bloody by the Liberal controlled media.    John McCain and Lindsey Graham come to mind.   

Others never really were conservative,   they are simply different sock puppets of the same elite donor groups that fund the Democrats.   

The media doesn't matter. The truth is that concatenating 'Republicans' and 'Conservatives' is not true, and has not been true since at least the 94 Congress, and most probably, from the very day that Reagan;s heel crossed the White House threshold for the last time.

Our enemy is within the gates.

Well that's exactly what I thought a year ago.   I couldn't see how a Wealthy New York Liberal Democrat would advance a conservative agenda.   In that Donald Trump has so far been better than I expected.

meh. So did dubya during his first half of his first term. It's gonna take a whole lot more than tossing a few breadcrumbs to make me agree with you.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 10:41:11 pm by roamer_1 »