Author Topic: 3 Months Since Trump's Inauguration: Planned Parenthood Has Performed 81,567 Abortions  (Read 1791 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Although President Donald J. Trump promised to defund Planned Parenthood if elected president, and the GOP House and Senate often claim that they want to defund the group, there reportedly is no language in the continuing resolution to fund the government through next September, there reportedly is no language in the continuing resolution to defund Planned Parenthood, a group that has performed approximately 81,567 abortions since Trump's inauguration on Jan. 20.  That's about 877 abortions per day, 36 per hour,  or 1 every two minutes.

The continuing resolution, or CR, is a funding mechanism that -- absent a budget and the regular appropriations process -- wraps federal spending into one package for a set period of time. The deadline for the Congress to pass and the president to sign the CR is this Friday, April 28.  If the CR is not signed or it is filibustered, the federal government will shut down.

Planned Parenthood is the biggest abortion provider in the United States. In its latest annual report from 2014-15, Planned Parenthood reported a total revenue of $1.29 billion, of which $553.7 million came from "government health services grants & reimbursements," i.e., the taxpayers.

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/3-months-trumps-inauguration-planned-parenthood-has-performed-81567-abortions
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I want to know why they can continue to sell body parts in clear violation of long established federal law.

Online libertybele

I want to know why President Trump is being held responsible for planned parenthood performing abortions?  Roe v. Wade ring a bell to anyone?  As I have stated many times, the president is 1 person.  We have 535 members of Congress that need to be held responsible! 

Yes, I get that was one of his campaign promises.  I for one did NOT vote for him in the primaries.  As a reminder...those who contributed to the rise of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will have to "bear that responsibility going forward.  A responsibility that Trump supporters need to accept!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I want to know why President Trump is being held responsible for planned parenthood performing abortions? 
He is being held responsible because he is the President and he signed a CR that funds PP.  He had the power to lobby and act and did nothing.

I do however give Trump credit for nominating Gorsuch and eliminating foreign aid for abortion through EO.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The House defunded it, Trump vowed to sign defunding Planned Parenthood.

Blame the Senate.

The House defunded it, Trump vowed to sign defunding Planned Parenthood.

Blame the Senate.
Yes, Yes!  The buck stops at the Senate.   blij26

Offline Night Hides Not

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline mountaineer

Neither the Congress nor the president will end abortion - even if they succeed in defunding PP. It's up to us to change the hearts and minds of the women who might choose to kill their babies.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Mesaclone

You seem to be looking for a dictator rather than president. Unfortunately, you are looking in the wrong country...our chief executives don't get to rule by fiat.

Why don't you look up how many abortions occurred under Reagan and get back to us...no president, on his own, can put an end to abortion.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:20:10 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Hoodat

The huge elephant in the room here is that this 81,567 number would be considerably lower if the federal government stopped funding Planned Parenthood.

Democrats have been telling us for decades that this taxpayer funding does not fund abortion.  But it does.  And the best way to prove it is to cut off that funding and watch the number of abortions that Planned Parenthood performs decline drastically.

It ain't rocket science.  When an abortion clinic relying on federal funding to pay it's rent, utilities, staff, etc., no longer has those funds available, it goes out of business and shuts its doors.  And it is high time for Republicans to make this happen.  And once it does, they can gleefully point their fingers at Democrats and tell American how they have been lying to the American people for decades.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Neither the Congress nor the president will end abortion - even if they succeed in defunding PP. It's up to us to change the hearts and minds of the women who might choose to kill their babies.

This isn't about ending abortion.  This is about ending taxpayer funding for abortion.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bush never defunded; let's see, we have a whole section on pro-life news; which doesn't seemed to be read that often; so I'm not going to trust folks posting articles that seem to fit an agenda in national or politics and act like they told us so.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/board,107.0.html

Clinics have closed, states are defunding; so much for the "pro-life" experts who rarely take time to even read that area.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:52:21 pm by TomSea »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Bush never defunded; let's see, we have a whole section on pro-life news; which doesn't seemed to be read that often; so I'm not going to trust folks posting articles that seem to fit an agenda in national or politics and act like they told us so.

Clinics have closed, states are defunding; so much for the "pro-life" experts who rarely take time to even read that area.

@TomSea
So pro-life people should go sit in the corner where you don't have to interact with them?

81,567 is still 81,567 so there is a lot of work to do.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Hoodat

Bush never defunded

Bush never stroked a check to Planned Parenthood either.  Go figure.

Again, I will support Donald Trump in any Conservative thing he does.  But I am not going to stand here and flat out lie to everyone about him being the most pro-life President ever.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

No but he sure caused an uproar with the PP crowd in the arena of Fetal Stem Cell research and the limits he placed upon that.

He did his part.

Offline mountaineer

This isn't about ending abortion.  This is about ending taxpayer funding for abortion.
I understand that. Now if only we could be sure that cutting off the taxpayer $ to PP meant they couldn't/wouldn't perform abortions.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

You seem to be looking for a dictator rather than president. Unfortunately, you are looking in the wrong country...our chief executives don't get to rule by fiat.

Why don't you look up how many abortions occurred under Reagan and get back to us...no president, on his own, can put an end to abortion.

How about you learn to read what I have written and get back to me?  As I already stated Trump could have lobbied to change the CR or acted( refused to sign the CR )  He did neither.  It was President Donald J Trump who signed the future funding of taxpayer paid abortions.  NO ONE ELSE COULD DO THAT.  He will have answer to Jesus for that.

You may now apologize to me for commenting on my post without comprehending it.

Offline Mesaclone

How about you learn to read what I have written and get back to me?  As I already stated Trump could have lobbied to change the CR or acted( refused to sign the CR )  He did neither.  It was President Donald J Trump who signed the future funding of taxpayer paid abortions.  NO ONE ELSE COULD DO THAT.  He will have answer to Jesus for that.

You may now apologize to me for commenting on my post without comprehending it.

Except he knew what you obviously did not...that neither of these things would work without a government shutdown. Not something he could allow at this stage of his presidency as it would almost certainly turn the country against his administration. Further, he would not have had support in the House/Senate for such a move....making it a political impossibility. As for Jesus, its not up to you to determine who answers for what to him...unless you've also appointed yourself as our newest divine spokesman.

So you may now apologize for your shallow misperception of politics and facile understanding of government.

Except he knew what you obviously did not...that neither of these things would work without a government shutdown. Not something he could allow at this stage of his presidency as it would almost certainly turn the country against his administration. Further, he would not have had support in the House/Senate for such a move....making it a political impossibility. As for Jesus, its not up to you to determine who answers for what to him...unless you've also appointed yourself as our newest divine spokesman.

So you may now apologize for your shallow misperception of politics and facile understanding of government.

You failed again.  Trump didn't even try lobbying Congress.  I'm beginning to think you don't want to understand the meaning of the words I write.  Perhaps it would be clearer after you take a nap.

Offline Mesaclone

You failed again.  Trump didn't even try lobbying Congress.  I'm beginning to think you don't want to understand the meaning of the words I write.  Perhaps it would be clearer after you take a nap.

I didn't realize you were at the meetings President Trump had with congressional leaders...or perhaps you are making a big assumption and actually have no idea what was discussed. The meaning of your words is quite clear, its your understanding of the political situation in question that is at issue. Congressional leadership was crystal clear that a shut down was not an option, and that Trump's insisting on closing PP at this point would lead to said shut down. Politically, President Trump could not afford to induce a shutdown given that support dynamic...and determined that the real fight on this issue had to wait until the fall. Had he done otherwise, he simply would have lost the issue altogether...THAT is what you seem unable to grasp.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Although President Donald J. Trump promised to defund Planned Parenthood if elected president, and the GOP House and Senate often claim that they want to defund the group, there reportedly is no language in the continuing resolution to fund the government through next September, there reportedly is no language in the continuing resolution to defund Planned Parenthood, a group that has performed approximately 81,567 abortions since Trump's inauguration on Jan. 20.  That's about 877 abortions per day, 36 per hour,  or 1 every two minutes.

The continuing resolution, or CR, is a funding mechanism that -- absent a budget and the regular appropriations process -- wraps federal spending into one package for a set period of time. The deadline for the Congress to pass and the president to sign the CR is this Friday, April 28.  If the CR is not signed or it is filibustered, the federal government will shut down.

Planned Parenthood is the biggest abortion provider in the United States. In its latest annual report from 2014-15, Planned Parenthood reported a total revenue of $1.29 billion, of which $553.7 million came from "government health services grants & reimbursements," i.e., the taxpayers.

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/3-months-trumps-inauguration-planned-parenthood-has-performed-81567-abortions

service.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
No but he sure caused an uproar with the PP crowd in the arena of Fetal Stem Cell research and the limits he placed upon that.

He did his part.

Thank you for remembering that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.