Author Topic: Why Conservatives Still Attack Trump  (Read 20555 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Why Conservatives Still Attack Trump
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2017, 06:19:30 pm »

I just see leftists going all out against a fairly easy target; i.e. Donald Trump.  You would think The Donald actually does enough stuff for the media to criticize, but no, they have to make stuff up.

And when they do make things up, I've gotta say that some trump haters jump on it with what I can only describe as glee.

It is funny that we are all beginning to question the Media again, we never should have quit, and I think not quitting would have spared much animosity. When I look at sources quoted as gospel during the elections, I just shake my head at rumors of seven mistresses and assassination plots, of globalist bankers and the anointed, just to hit a few high points... When expectations aren't particularly high, it is easy to fall victim to the things one expects being touted as true. I see a lot of that around here yet, and it isn't all about Trump or Trump supporters, either.

I'm just wishing they would only criticize what he actually does or doesn't do and that they would examine their motives.

We should all be so lucky as to get that treatment. People react to the news, as reported. Some posts of nonsense articles don't even get time to be shredded in forum (the intent in them being posted, so they can be debunked) before the personal attacks start and the thread goes off the rails. Then the article sits at the top of the thread, while the bar fight goes on, unscathed. I think if posters turned their talents at the very real enemies of the media and the Liberals, we'd all be better off for it.
In the meantime, if Trump falls short of the mark, he will be criticized, if he excels, he will get credit, too, at least from most people here. Conservatives tend to be fair, after all.

I don't want Trump to be impeached or nagged out of office.  What then?  An opening for the libs?  Do we want that?

If Trump was to resign or do something worthy of impeachment, the chips will fall where they may. Then the normal order of succession would take over, and Pence would be POTUS. He isn't liberal enough to worry me that much.
Another Vice President would have to be sworn in, and things would continue.

At this point, no Conservative is rooting for Trump to fail, unless he is doing something antithetical to Conservative principles.

For instance, as far as the ACA goes, we've been promised it would be repealed if we just....
Well, we delivered on all that, and we want those promises made good. Anything less is an assertion that the Government can lawfully control 1/6 of the economy and the minutiae of health insurance/care. There is no Constitutional authorization for that Federal Power, and it should have been voided by the SCOTUS, lock, stock, and barrel. The SCOTUS, and especially Justice Roberts failed dismally to uphold the Constitution, and it is up to the balancing branches of the Federal Government to right that grievous error. Anything short of that is not a step in the right direction, but only further embraces that usurpation, so short rounds will not be cheered. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline MOD4

« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2017, 06:20:57 pm »
"When somebody refers to my President as "The Orange Baboon"....."The Orange Julius", etc., that's a gratuitous attack.

It's happens here HOURLY." DC Patriot.

Then Cyber Liberty agreed with the desire to end such talk. Lando makes three, and I make four.

Now it is up to the Mods to enforce it.

There is no doubt in my mind there's a conflict that has been going on far longer than it should have.  And, as with most conflicts, there are at least two sides.  If we have to start getting tougher with enforcement, all sides will hear about it because nobody's innocent

Please friends, don't make us go there.  We Mods will end up getting it from all sides, including yours, whichever side you're on (even if you consider yourself not on a side). 

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2017, 06:27:13 pm »
I wish for this to end.  I sincerely do.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2017, 06:28:00 pm »
Hey, you Mods have a difficult job here.

I hereby promise not to get mad at you even if you jump on me for sniping "when HE started it."

I also am okay if you lock a thread if people get personally insulting and abusive.

There is no need for that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2017, 06:28:26 pm »
It's pretty clear Trump fans want to turn this place into another FreakRepublic: zots, viking kiddies, purges, etc.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2017, 06:28:48 pm »
I'd like to see that nonsense stopped, and I refuse to partake.  I happen to really like the folks on both sides, and would like to stay friends.  That's more important than any political point I could make.  Right, friend?

Just to be clear....it's when several of them trying to outdo one another that it becomes a ...excuse the word, 'Trigger'.

One or two of the 'Good' guyz make just one or two posts in support and WALLAH!   Mods come running with warnings.

They've got free reign and free rein in here.

Other than that, you've been nothing but fair along the journey, @Cyber Liberty    :beer:

Again....I don't read the entire thread before I post.   I respond along the way.    :laugh:

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 06:30:18 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2017, 06:30:23 pm »
In my view - and I stopped any efforts at peacekeeping awhile back - is it has to start with the members.  I don't want a Mod behind every lamp post or bush around here.  But then, maybe that is the solution.  I hope it isn't. 
John Steinbeck

Silver Pines

« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2017, 06:34:08 pm »
Bingo! I believe the whole 'gotta be right' thing is just so much projection.

@Smokin Joe

The giveaway is the refusal to hear anything to the contrary.  It's a belief that's necessary...or, if not that, very comfortable.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 06:34:38 pm by CatherineofAragon »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2017, 06:34:39 pm »
In my view - and I stopped any efforts at peacekeeping awhile back - is it has to start with the members.  I don't want a Mod behind every lamp post or bush around here.  But then, maybe that is the solution.  I hope it isn't.

I don't want to see it either.  It would ruin the flavor of the place.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2017, 06:35:49 pm »
Just to be clear....it's when several of them trying to outdo one another that it becomes a ...excuse the word, 'Trigger'.

One or two of the 'Good' guyz make just one or two posts in support and WALLAH!   Mods come running with warnings.

They've got free reign and free rein in here.

Other than that, you've been nothing but fair along the journey, @Cyber Liberty    :beer:

Again....I don't read the entire thread before I post.   I respond along the way.    :laugh:

If the Mods start cracking a whip, I fully expect to get hit along with everybody else.  So, make it a double.   :beer: :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2017, 06:37:56 pm »

And we've been losing.   In case you haven't noticed,  the nation has drifted further and further to the left with each passing decade.

As I have said, over and again, Liberalism is not winning on merit. It is winning because it has no opposition.
Republicans have been in collusion all the way along. Y'all are right to finally see that much.
But to fight it with yet another left of center game plan with a NY Liberal as it/s figurehead s not helping a damn thing.
In fact, it is exactly the wrong thing.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2017, 06:38:52 pm »
If the Mods start cracking a whip, I fully expect to get hit along with everybody else.  So, make it a double.   :beer: :beer:

Troublemaker.   :beer:
John Steinbeck

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2017, 06:39:36 pm »
What then, is the difference between calling Hillary "Cankles" and calling Trump the "Orange Julius"?

Neither are posting here, and the only way either would be seen as a personal attack is if someone was identifying a little too much with the object of derision.

If the derision was aimed at a poster here, that would be a personal attack and out of bounds.

Aimed at a public figure--ANY public figure, well, they are fair game. Otherwise, the next time I see "Lyin' Ted" it better be discussing another candidate's rotten tactics.

I will grant that some people seem to have thin skins for posters on a political forum, but to demand political correctness, especially to supposedly support the guy who ran on abolishing PC seems a bit much.
Just my 0.02 YMMV
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2017, 06:42:19 pm »
"When somebody refers to my President as "The Orange Baboon"....."The Orange Julius", etc., that's a gratuitous attack.

While I do not use those terms to refer to Trump, he IS a public figure and we have a longstanding tradition in this country of ridiculing, lambasting and castigating our elected officials.

I think you need to man-up and embrace the suck of liberty being exercised by other Americans whom you despise who do not view your president with the same eyes you do.

Now it is up to the Mods to enforce it.

Of course you'd love for the Mods to silence anything negative about Trump.  And make no mistake, that is EXACTLY what you are advocating.  I expect 'gratuitous attack' to be continually regraded to include anything other than blatant praise and acclamation as we've seen on other sites. 

I think the Mods job is to enforce direct gratuitous attacks against other members on this board, not cleanse the site of unwanted opinions of politicians.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2017, 06:45:01 pm »
Your hands aren't clean in this mess either.  Neither are the people you're backslapping.

I would advise you to make sure your backyard is clean before you start peering over other people's fences.

I know I've lost my temper, but I'm going to do better for a couple of reasons---I want the site to attract more members, and that won't happen if guests see us brawling like a bunch of unhinged nutcases.  And I think we would all be helping Myst out if we could calm down.  She gave us a place to go after TOS, and I don't want to be part of messing up her site.

That doesn't mean my views have changed, and I'm not going to stop speaking them, but maybe I can keep a little cooler head.

Last night, after everything that happened here, I went to google to see if the moon was full.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2017, 06:45:45 pm »
It's pretty clear Trump fans want to turn this place into another FreakRepublic: zots, viking kiddies, purges, etc.

I don't think that's true @Weird Tolkienish Figure   I think Trump supporters would like an end to the bickering just as most everyone else on this forum.

Speaking for myself, only, the use of "Orange [fill in the blank]" is no longer an attack on the President, but has mutated into a  personal attack on me, a long time supporter of the President.  Followed closely by the incessant use of the word "worship" when referring to the support given the President---another favorite hot button around here, on most days.

So, all I'm asking for is an end to the orange and worship  :bs:     I think this is a fair request.

I hope everyone discusses the policies proposed by the President ..... and remembers Briefers who support the President deserve respect, even if another Briefer strongly dislikes the POTUS.

:shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2017, 06:48:02 pm »

Of course you'd love for the Mods to silence anything negative about Trump.  And make no mistake, that is EXACTLY what you are advocating.  I expect 'gratuitous attack' to be continually regraded to include anything other than blatant praise and acclamation as we've seen on other sites. 

I think the Mods job is to enforce direct gratuitous attacks against other members on this board, not cleanse the site of unwanted opinions of politicians.

I suspect the mod above was suggesting just that.  If there's a storm, lightning is going to strike all around so we may all embrace the suck.

Mod4:

There is no doubt in my mind there's a conflict that has been going on far longer than it should have.  And, as with most conflicts, there are at least two sides.  If we have to start getting tougher with enforcement, all sides will hear about it because nobody's innocent.

Please friends, don't make us go there.  We Mods will end up getting it from all sides, including yours, whichever side you're on (even if you consider yourself not on a side).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 06:50:37 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2017, 06:48:08 pm »
What then, is the difference between calling Hillary "Cankles" and calling Trump the "Orange Julius"?

It's okay when THEY do it.

It's not okay when WE do it to Trump.

He is to be respected, revered and praised.

Anything else will be labelled a 'gratuitous attack'.

And they will call on the mods to come on in and play the Zot game as they have elsewhere.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2017, 06:48:40 pm »
I don't think that's true @Weird Tolkienish Figure   I think Trump supporters would like an end to the bickering just as most everyone else on this forum.

Speaking for myself, only, the use of "Orange [fill in the blank]" is no longer an attack on the President, but has mutated into a  personal attack on me, a long time supporter of the President.  Followed closely by the incessant use of the word "worship" when referring to the support given the President---another favorite hot button around here, on most days.

So, all I'm asking for is an end to the orange and worship  :bs:     I think this is a fair request.

I hope everyone discusses the policies proposed by the President ..... and remembers Briefers who support the President deserve respect, even if another Briefer strongly dislikes the POTUS.

:shrug:

Luv ya, darlin'!    888high58888     @Right_in_Virginia
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 06:49:04 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2017, 06:49:10 pm »
Troublemaker.   :beer:

Problem is...he likes the whip.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2017, 06:49:34 pm »

Once Cruz was eliminated in the primary (in my opinion by vile tactics which Trump used)   we no longer had that option.   

Our choices than became psychotic super Evil Hate Witch,  or Unethical boorish Businessman. 

You can't pick "Ethical Conservative"  when that choice has been removed from the running. 

Funny. Castle was still in the running... As was McMiffin, or whatever his name was...
The ethical Conservative was present to be voted for.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2017, 06:49:49 pm »
It's okay when THEY do it.

It's not okay when WE do it to Trump.

He is to be respected, revered and praised.

Anything else will be labelled a 'gratuitous attack'.

And they will call on the mods to come on in and play the Zot game as they have elsewhere.

*look*

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2017, 06:50:01 pm »
As I have said, over and again, Liberalism is not winning on merit. It is winning because it has no opposition.
Republicans have been in collusion all the way along. Y'all are right to finally see that much.
But to fight it with yet another left of center game plan with a NY Liberal as it/s figurehead s not helping a damn thing.
In fact, it is exactly the wrong thing.

You may see Trump as a NY Liberal but obviously the electorate saw something else. 

We should support our Republican president until we can't. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2017, 06:52:25 pm »
Funny. Castle was still in the running... As was McMiffin, or whatever his name was...
The ethical Conservative was present to be voted for.

Let me guess. You weren't a math major.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2017, 06:53:47 pm »
I know I've lost my temper, but I'm going to do better for a couple of reasons---I want the site to attract more members, and that won't happen if guests see us brawling like a bunch of unhinged nutcases.  And I think we would all be helping Myst out if we could calm down.  She gave us a place to go after TOS, and I don't want to be part of messing up her site.

That doesn't mean my views have changed, and I'm not going to stop speaking them, but maybe I can keep a little cooler head.

Last night, after everything that happened here, I went to google to see if the moon was full.

What.... everything that happened here?   What did I miss? 
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.