Author Topic: With Latest Angry Tweet, Trumps Sets Off On Violent "Collision Course" With Supreme Court  (Read 13865 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Are you even informed that several previous Presidents have used this law?

Are you even aware the list of countries comes from the recent Obama administration (which also used the law)?

Does your liberal and/or #nevertrump obsession and  bubble allow access to facts such as those?

IOW did you object when Obama sought and did keep immigrants out, using the EXACT same law, for the SAME reason?

It's probably been pointed out in here, but it should be also noted that FOUR of the 7 countries do not even have an American Embassy in them!  So...who the hell is getting in line here?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
DT is turning into  Duterte whom he referred to as a good guy.

So when this President takes the EXACT SAME MEASURES, as several previous Presidents, for the same reasons, this one suddenly becomes a dictator?

Unable to separate your liberal/#nevertrump emotions, from the CONSISTENT rule of laws?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

Are you suggesting that the courts have no authority, and that Trump needn't heed court rulings he doesn't like?

If it falls under 'National Security', he's basically The Man.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

Emotion, best I can tell.

I figured it was on appearance. They both have tans.

Offline libertybele

If it falls under 'National Security', he's basically The Man.

Yes but President Trump issued an executive order that is subject to interpretation and judicial review ... wouldn't this be where Sessions would/could intervene once he's sworn in? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yes but President Trump issued an executive order that is subject to interpretation and judicial review ... wouldn't this be where Sessions would/could intervene once he's sworn in?

Show me the article or phrase in the Constitution which grants ANY judge anywhere the power to second guess the president on matters of National security!  I can't seem to find that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

He can appeal...he can use his Federal attorneys for that district to argue the case be no the AG can not just overturn what a judge has ruled on.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Show me the article or phrase in the Constitution which grants ANY judge anywhere the power to second guess the president on matters of National security!  I can't seem to find that!

Do we know if the Feds have even argued their case on those merits?

I have a feeling the judges are looking at it from a civil rights POV rather than national security... especially given the fact it's the 9th Circus.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Norm Lenhart

Probably as there isn't one.
@truth_seeker  posted a link on the other thread that pretty much ends most of this nonsense. Or would if people would read and accepted reality.

http://hrlibrary.umn.edu/immigrationlaw/chapter2.html

Online DCPatriot

I really don't know the hallowed procedural steps.   

Was merely responding to somebody who claimed Trump ignoring the Courts on this matter makes him a Dictator or sorts, and that by patting Trump on the back...we get labeled as calling for a Dictator.

That rubs me the wrong way.    :laugh:

Offline Norm Lenhart

I have a feeling the judges are looking at it from a civil rights POV rather than national security... especially given the fact it's the 9th Circus.

Thats why they are the most overturned court in history.  If they have jurisdiction to touch this on civil rights grounds, war and national security both become impossible as someone invariably has their 'interpreted' rights violated. ANY law becomes a civil rights issue as it impacts all people in some way. So there is EDIT NO NEED FOR Congress or President.

THAT is why there is a seperation of powers to begin with
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 12:51:19 am by Norm Lenhart »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Probably as there isn't one.
@truth_seeker  posted a link on the other thread that pretty much ends most of this nonsense. Or would if people would read and accepted reality.

http://hrlibrary.umn.edu/immigrationlaw/chapter2.html

Yes and it has been posted several times previously by myself and others.  Seems not to have soaked in yet!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So the court renders opinions and..... nobody has to follow them?

Sorry, that's patently untrue.
Negative.  It is Exactly true.

The courts can do nothing except offer opinions.  They have no other authority.

And therein lies the danger - others will not respect those opinions.

If a court says, for example that a sanctuary city needs to cooperate with ICE, they cannot enforce it.  The need someone to RECOGNIZE that authority.

Otherwise, sanctuary cities can just thumb their noses at the courts or the Executive or Congress for that matter.

Wait, that is already happening.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Yes we do!  One of the first things cited but the Justice department lawyer in last night's hearing.  It was totally ignored and the shysters on the court asked a series of questions which were totally irrelevant to the question before them i.e. Does the president have the authority to do what he did or not?  What he said on the campaign trail and other such trivia is TOTALLY irrelevant to that question!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

Yes and it has been posted several times previously by myself and others.  Seems not to have soaked in yet!

Sad that self proclaimed conservatives have taken a page from the Special Snowflake handbook and simply ignore things that trigger them. I don't know how else to put it. The definitive refutation to their mistaken notions is there in legal black and white, yet they refuse to accept it's truth and insist on carrying on with the nonsense.

If that's not exactly the behavior and the actions to the letter of the left, I don't know what is. Just because it's Donald Trump in the White House does not change anything.

What type of 'civil rights' pertains to foreigners?

Seems a stretch.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Sad that self proclaimed conservatives have taken a page from the Special Snowflake handbook and simply ignore things that trigger them. I don't know how else to put it. The definitive refutation to their mistaken notions is there in legal black and white, yet they refuse to accept it's truth and insist on carrying on with the nonsense.

If that's not exactly the behavior and the actions to the letter of the left, I don't know what is. Just because it's Donald Trump in the White House does not change anything.

The REAL problem is that the Congress AND the executive have allowed the judiciary to rule by fiat for so long that many if not most have come to expect it regardless of what the facts are!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

I really don't know the hallowed procedural steps.   

Was merely responding to somebody who claimed Trump ignoring the Courts on this matter makes him a Dictator or sorts, and that by patting Trump on the back...we get labeled as calling for a Dictator.

That rubs me the wrong way.    :laugh:
By the same token, a judge who ignores the Constitutional authority the President has the same issues - a dictator

Offline Norm Lenhart

The REAL problem is that the Congress AND the executive have allowed the judiciary to rule by fiat for so long that many if not most have come to expect it regardless of what the facts are!
Pretty much. And the fact that they let liberals remove civics from schools resulted in an idiot population that feels rather than knows. Bad combo for constitutional governance.

Online DCPatriot

By the same token, a judge who ignores the Constitutional authority the President has the same issues - a dictator

The news cycle needs to be... how Republicans are ALL behind Pres. Trump! 

The temperature was a balmy 70 degrees today in Washington, DC.   The entire GOP House and Senate should have gone out for a group show of support.

You know.....just like we see the Democrats do all the time.    :whistle:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 01:10:05 am by DCPatriot »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Pretty much. And the fact that they let liberals remove civics from schools resulted in an idiot population that feels rather than knows. Bad combo for constitutional governance.

Hell man! Cursive writing has been removed from school curriculums!  That means that no future generation of Americans will have the ability to go back to original sources and read anything even if they wanted to!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

Hell man! Cursive writing has been removed from school curriculums!  That means that no future generation of Americans will have the ability to go back to original sources and read anything even if they wanted to!

Ii was talking to my daughter about that a few months back. Her immediate reaction to no cursive was the usual "No one uses it". When I reminded her that the founding docs and a lot of the worlds history were in cursive she did that long pause and suddenly enlightenment fell upon her.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Ii was talking to my daughter about that a few months back. Her immediate reaction to no cursive was the usual "No one uses it". When I reminded her that the founding docs and a lot of the worlds history were in cursive she did that long pause and suddenly enlightenment fell upon her.

One down!  X gillions left to go!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

One down!  X gillions left to go!

Everything the left does has a reason thats obvious and another that isn't. Everything. On the surface it makes sense. Keyboards arent cursive. No one writes anything but their name. cursive is outdated other than a hobby/creative exercise.

Except if you cant read the Constitution, your 'rights' are what a leftist tells you the Constitution says. You wouldn't know the difference. How could you? And liberals love rewriting everything from Wikipedia to world history, so...