Author Topic: With Latest Angry Tweet, Trumps Sets Off On Violent "Collision Course" With Supreme Court  (Read 13766 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Everything the left does has a reason thats obvious and another that isn't. Everything. On the surface it makes sense. Keyboards arent cursive. No one writes anything but their name. cursive is outdated other than a hobby/creative exercise.

Except if you cant read the Constitution, your 'rights' are what a leftist tells you the Constitution says. You wouldn't know the difference. How could you? And liberals love rewriting everything from Wikipedia to world history, so...

Singing to the choir Norm!  I literally blew a gasket at my local School Board meeting over this and when I finished with my allotted three minutes there was absolute silence! You could have heard a pin drop!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

Singing to the choir Norm!  I literally blew a gasket at my local School Board meeting over this and when I finished with my allotted three minutes there was absolute silence! You could have heard a pin drop!

Yea but I have a lovely, musical voice. Almost....Basset-like in it's beauty. I'm sure everyone here waits with longing anticipation to hear it's song through my golden words typed out in such perfection.

/Modesty

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The news cycle needs to be... how Republicans are ALL behind Pres. Trump! 

The temperature was a balmy 70 degrees today in Washington, DC.   The entire GOP House and Senate should have gone out for a group show of support.

You know.....just like we see the Democrats do all the time.    :whistle:

Do that and you're suddenly no better than the Libs. Revenge has a funny way of turning into karma.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The REAL problem is that the Congress AND the executive have allowed the judiciary to rule by fiat for so long that many if not most have come to expect it regardless of what the facts are!

This issue is Presidential power.  If not the courts, who is to decide?   Stop frothing at the mouth, bigun (not everything you write needs to be followed by an exclamation point.)

Does a President need to show any sort of justification before banning travel to/from a nation?   What's sad is that Trump is forcing the courts to make such a determination.    A President has to have the ability to act against threats - but can he just turn the spigot off to act on a campaign promise?   I'd rather that question remain unanswered,  but Trump and his impetuousness is forcing the courts to state an opinion under a classic bad-facts-make-bad-law scenario.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Ii was talking to my daughter about that a few months back. Her immediate reaction to no cursive was the usual "No one uses it". When I reminded her that the founding docs and a lot of the worlds history were in cursive she did that long pause and suddenly enlightenment fell upon her.

The problem is that there are only so many hours in the school day.  And these days,  good keyboarding skills are more important than cursive writing.   Thank the stars I learned to touch-type back in junior high.   I learned cursive too, but my handwriting's as horrific as any doctor's.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Norm Lenhart

Do that and you're suddenly no better than the Libs. Revenge has a funny way of turning into karma.

Lets ponder that a bit deeper:

Karma is a two way street. I think we can all agree there. So if the left does X and receives nothing bad in return, then they would be immune from Karma. No one is immune.

But Karma is 'what comes around, goes around". Like a boomerang. So their sins have to be revisited on them. They arent going to do it to themselves obviously, so the only people left to fulfill Karma is the people they visited those sins on. And if we don't, then they would be immune as shown above.

So we are bound by Karma to fulfill our obligation, balance the scales and with scales balanced, there is no Karma coming back on us..

Offline Norm Lenhart

The problem is that there are only so many hours in the school day.  And these days,  good keyboarding skills are more important than cursive writing.   Thank the stars I learned to touch-type back in junior high.   I learned cursive too, but my handwriting's as horrific as any doctor's.

So cut planned parenthood/gay rights 'health' classes, global warming classes, social justice classes and ethnic studies classes.

No problem.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Everything the left does has a reason thats obvious and another that isn't. Everything. On the surface it makes sense. Keyboards arent cursive. No one writes anything but their name. cursive is outdated other than a hobby/creative exercise.

Except if you cant read the Constitution, your 'rights' are what a leftist tells you the Constitution says. You wouldn't know the difference. How could you? And liberals love rewriting everything from Wikipedia to world history, so...

God forbid the electrical grid goes down...cell phone service gone... even 60 days.

In 3 weeks, it will look like a Snake Plissken movie set.

In 6 weeks in will look like Fury Road

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Image is reality.

ESPECIALLY, in Washington, DC..

Snow tomorrow...lost opportunity.

The notion that Donald Trump is isolated needs to be debunked.   Yesterday.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Norm Lenhart

God forbid the electrical grid goes down...cell phone service gone... even 60 days.

Sensationalist nonsense! I'll just call for pizza on my cell. I don't even have a landline to go down anymore. That is soooo 2000s.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
This issue is Presidential power.  If not the courts, who is to decide?   Stop frothing at the mouth, bigun (not everything you write needs to be followed by an exclamation point.)

Does a President need to show any sort of justification before banning travel to/from a nation?   What's sad is that Trump is forcing the courts to make such a determination.    A President has to have the ability to act against threats - but can he just turn the spigot off to act on a campaign promise?   I'd rather that question remain unanswered,  but Trump and his impetuousness is forcing the courts to state an opinion under a classic bad-facts-make-bad-law scenario.   

Apparently everything I write DOES need to be followed by an exclamation mark.   Your comments here are living proof of the pudding.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Apparently everything I write DOES need to be followed by an exclamation mark.   Your comments here are living proof of the pudding.

Yer gonna burst a blood vessel bro.

Online DCPatriot

Sensationalist nonsense! I'll just call for pizza on my cell. I don't even have a landline to go down anymore. That is soooo 2000s.

LOL!   In 8 weeks, they'll have the pot of water boiling....waiting for the delivery boy.   Table set and all.  :laugh:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Yer gonna burst a blood vessel bro.

Maybe.  Why is that of concern to you?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

Kidding aside, within 2 weeks half the population will be dead from anti-depressant withdrawls, starvation or exposure as none can make fire without matches, fish, hunt or identify edible plants.

In a month probably 80%-90% or more will be dead or enslaved by feral gangs.

In a year, it will look like Fallout 4.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 02:20:13 am by Norm Lenhart »

Online DCPatriot

Kidding aside, within 2 weeks half the population will be dead from anti-depressant withdrawls, starvation or exposure as none can make fore without matches, fish, hunt or identify edible plants.

In a month probably 80%-90% or more will be dead or enslaved by feral gangs.

In a year, it will look like Fallout 4.

Well, think about it.

From there, it's not even a skip and a jump to living in caves....er, barricaded fortresses.

Once the grocery store shelves go empty, reality sets in...too late.

Whatever gas you have left in your tank is all you can get....unless you've got something to barter.   

No radio...except short wave, which means most people would be susceptible to rumors and become mobs.

And the only way a person can verify it's happening is by sticking his face out the damned window.    :shrug:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Maybe.  Why is that of concern to you?

Because I worry about your health and wellbeing.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Well, think about it.

From there, it's not even a skip and a jump to living in caves....er, barricaded fortresses.

Once the grocery store shelves go empty, reality sets in...too late.

Whatever gas you have left in your tank is all you can get....unless you've got something to barter.   

No radio...except short wave, which means most people would be susceptible to rumors and become mobs.

And the only way a person can verify it's happening is by sticking his face out the damned window.    :shrug:

Oh I know. I have thought about it a lot. Thats one of the reasons I don't live in a city.

Other considerations: Most people do not know basic first aid, not to drink unboiled water from unfamiliar sources, extreme temperature/weather survival, how to avoid carbon monoxide death in case they find a way to make fire..

It is amazing to me that in a single generation America went from basic 'dad taught me' stuff to utterly helpless without electricity.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Because I worry about your health and wellbeing.

Well I thank you for that but you need not bother.  I'm healthy as a horse!

:beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

Well I thank you for that but you need not bother.  I'm healthy as a horse!

Offline r9etb

You have rendered your opinion now prove what I said is untrue.  Stick to the Constitution please!

Well, we're talking about whether a court's ruling has authority.  You seem to be saying "no," despite the Constitutional basis of the court system itself.

It's a bit rich, you telling me to stick to the Constitution.

Offline r9etb

Not following you; but that is not unusual. Enforcement requires the power to coerce, of which the courts  have none.

And yet their rulings have legal force, every single time.  So they obviously do have power. 

Perhaps you attribute that to mere politeness on the part of all other branches and levels of government?

Honestly ... the wishful thinking you guys are engaged in is ridiculous. 

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Well, we're talking about whether a court's ruling has authority.  You seem to be saying "no," despite the Constitutional basis of the court system itself.

It's a bit rich, you telling me to stick to the Constitution.

This is how it works.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/jfk-faces-down-defiant-governor

Offline endicom

Offline r9etb

This is how it works.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/jfk-faces-down-defiant-governor

Ah, yes.  So JFK just did that out of the goodness of his heart?  No, it's because the courts' rulings are presumed to have authority.

To ignore the court's ruling in that example, or any other, would have been to destroy our Constitutional system of government.  Which some on this site seem to be advocating.

Hopefully you're not one of those.