Author Topic: Top aide: Trump won’t pursue Clinton investigation  (Read 9912 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Top aide: Trump won’t pursue Clinton investigation
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2016, 07:16:17 am »
During the campaign, at the rallies there were chants of:

LOCK HER UP!
LOCK HER UP!
LOCK HER UP!
LOCK HER UP!

So during Trump’s Victory Tour (sorry I meant to say his “Thank You Tour) will those chants be replaced with:

HELP HER HEAL!
HELP HER HEAL!
HELP HER HEAL!
HELP HER HEAL!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2016, 08:52:49 am »
To: DoodleDawg

A Solomonic approach is “yes there was a foul, but no irreparable harm in the end IF the straight and narrow is returned to and walked.”

It is a God-level point of view.

The dynamics could change if Congress itself, or the grass roots even, starts shouting for something to be done.

161 posted on 22/11/2016, 15:35:36 by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)

Out of deference to the language filter, I'll not type what I want to type.

That guy is straight up not right in the head.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DB

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2016, 09:15:37 am »
Out of deference to the language filter, I'll not type what I want to type.

That guy is straight up not right in the head.

I rarely go there anymore. It's bad for my health - physically and mentally...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2016, 09:27:15 am »
Same. I need the few brain cells I have left. But the response here to that thread - just had to look.  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2016, 02:01:28 pm »
Breitbart is not amused..............so sad, too bad.
You'll be stiffed like he stiffed everyone else.

So, I listened in to Breitbart radio this morning just to see how they were taking all of this.  A few minutes was all I could take, but they seemed fine with it.  They guy that called in was praising Trump and the guy that was hosting the show today had nothing negative to say.   :shrug:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2016, 02:11:26 pm »
PE Trump speaking directly to HRC during a debate:

"I didn’t think I’d say this and I’m going to say it and I hate to say it. … If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there has never been so many lies, so much deception."
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2016, 02:17:38 pm »

"I didn’t think I’d say this and I’m going to say it and I hate to say it. … If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there has never been so many lies, so much deception."

Yeah, well that was then and this is now.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2016, 02:17:58 pm »

because there has never been so many lies, so much deception

Now, if he follows through with his recent statements, he is going to have to include HIMSELF in that description.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 02:31:21 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2016, 02:20:01 pm »

“I play to people’s fantasies,” he writes in “The Art of the Deal,” his 1987 memoir. “I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration—and a very effective form of promotion.”

Looks like in this case he completely forgot the 'truthful' part.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 02:20:29 pm by skeeter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2016, 02:42:19 pm »
“I play to people’s fantasies,” he writes in “The Art of the Deal,” his 1987 memoir. “I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration—and a very effective form of promotion.”

Looks like in this case he completely forgot the 'truthful' part.

That's what I said last night.  The Art of the Deal.  Ann Coulter is having a fit!  They should have known.  He has been friends with the Clintons for years.  Ivanka is very liberal.  She is good friend to Chelsea.  Hopefully everyone will now understand The Art of the Deal. 

He could still appoint his partial birth abortion supporting sister to the Supreme Court.  All in the Family Liberals.  He said he thought she would be good.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2016, 03:02:13 pm »
That's what I said last night.  The Art of the Deal.  Ann Coulter is having a fit!  They should have known.  He has been friends with the Clintons for years.  Ivanka is very liberal.  She is good friend to Chelsea.  Hopefully everyone will now understand The Art of the Deal. 

He could still appoint his partial birth abortion supporting sister to the Supreme Court.  All in the Family Liberals.  He said he thought she would be good.

I would like to think that the Republicans in the Senate have just enough of a spine to not confirm Trump's sister to the court, should the Donald do that. Of course, they've proven me wrong before, so what do I know?

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2016, 03:14:17 pm »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2016, 03:17:08 pm »

The scales are falling off of Coulter's eyes?  Wow.

Do you have a link; I'd love to read it?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2016, 04:26:27 pm »
Yeah, well that was then and this is now.
At this point what difference does it make.  :whistle:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Oceander

« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2016, 05:00:10 pm »
After watching Fox and reading this story at other sites I believe all Trump was saying is he will let the process play out and he will not go into office and demand a special prosecutor right off the bat...there are several investigations going on now and to let them play out...here is a reasonable explanation I found on FB

That's just post-hoc rationalization.  Trump said - expressly - that if he won he would appoint a special prosecutor to look into Clinton's affairs.  Now he says he won't.  There is not enough whitewash in the universe to pretend that is anything other than a repudiation of a direct promise he made during the campaign. 

In other words, he lied to y'all to trick you into voting for him, and everyone who voted for him is now exposed as a chump, a chucklehead who can be most easily manipulated. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2016, 05:08:04 pm »
If Trump announced he'd investigate her, it might give Obama more of a reason to pardon her I heard. Someone here might have said that too. There is not a reason to always telegraph what one is going to do.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2016, 05:20:05 pm »
In other words, he lied to y'all to trick you into voting for him, and everyone who voted for him is now exposed as a chump, a chucklehead who can be most easily manipulated.
Modify message

Hmmm....that includes me.......................thanks../s
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2016, 05:21:13 pm »
If Trump announced he'd investigate her, it might give Obama more of a reason to pardon her I heard. Someone here might have said that too. There is not a reason to always telegraph what one is going to do.

"If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there has never been so many lies, so much deception." - PE Donald Trump, Second Presidential debate, October 12, 2016 speaking to HRC

"When we make Donald Trump the next president of the United States of America, we will once again uphold the principle that no one is above the law. We will appoint a special prosecutor who will get to the bottom of the Clinton Foundation and hold them accountable." - Mike Pence, October 12, 2016

I'd say that covers both the definition of "announced" and "telegraph".
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Offline musiclady

« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2016, 09:08:59 pm »
:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:  Thank you for a much needed laugh.

Good to see you, @RAT Patrol !

(Although your avatar scares the living daylights out of me.  ^-^)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2016, 09:56:56 pm »
LOL.  I love my avatar.  To me, that's Trump.   :silly:

Good to see you too.  I am working on a project for a few weeks so I can't be here much.  I'll check in.  I've needed a break from the gloating and inevitable joining of the Trump disaster by many.   :shrug:  Nothing I can do about it and even the jokes are mostly gone.   8888crybaby  Everyone is joining up.  Time for this  :nometalk: I guess.

Actually, the Trump disaster is falling apart and it hasn't even begun.

The truth that we knew beforehand.......... that Trump is a liberal and a liar......... is dawning on some who foolishly believed his phony conservative campaign rhetoric.

It's a sad day, because we could be saying "I told you so," but the reality of having a liberal President who's going to do liberal things (and has already started), is too painful for us to gloat about.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2016, 10:48:27 pm »
Really?  I don't even know what to hope for.  But it sounds like I've missed a lot in two weeks.  Oh well. 

My 99 year old grandmother passed away and I am helping with the estate sale.  It is a lesson in the cycle of one's junk.  Stuff that started out cheap and became just a bunch of junk for 20 or more years is now -- for those who hung onto it -- a bunch of valuable antiques.  LOL!  So...do I keep my current junk hoping to outlast the worthless stage or what?  Dilemma.  Anyway, we are having fun discovering buried treasures.  My grandmother would be happy.

I'm sorry about your grandmother.  Your family will be in my prayers.

But 99. Yikes!  That's a GOOD life!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2016, 10:54:43 pm »
Really?  I don't even know what to hope for.  But it sounds like I've missed a lot in two weeks.  Oh well. 

My 99 year old grandmother passed away and I am helping with the estate sale.  It is a lesson in the cycle of one's junk.  Stuff that started out cheap and became just a bunch of junk for 20 or more years is now -- for those who hung onto it -- a bunch of valuable antiques.  LOL!  So...do I keep my current junk hoping to outlast the worthless stage or what?  Dilemma.  Anyway, we are having fun discovering buried treasures.  My grandmother would be happy.
Sorry to hear that @RAT Patrol
I guess that's a real case of one person's junk is another's treasure.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2016, 11:07:58 pm »
Yeah.  She had a lot of depression era glass.  Also there are things like mid-century modern stacking mugs that are apparently all the rage right now.  Go figure.  Lots of things that look like junk are valuable and things that look like treasures are not.  It's interesting.

We lost both my grandmother and my mother this year so its been a pretty busy year.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2016, 11:30:15 pm »
Yeah.  She had a lot of depression era glass.  Also there are things like mid-century modern stacking mugs that are apparently all the rage right now.  Go figure.  Lots of things that look like junk are valuable and things that look like treasures are not.  It's interesting.
You need to see if Antiques Road Show is going to be anywhere nearby. I'm always amazed by the things that are worth a fortune and some things that look really neat that aren't.