Author Topic: Last Day Before Election: Most Major Polls Have Hillary Clinton Winning  (Read 53167 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Last Day Before Election: Most Major Polls Have Hillary Clinton Winning
« Reply #625 on: November 08, 2016, 02:15:10 pm »
I could understand the thinking if Texas was deep blue right now.

IOW....I could play that 'game' you are in Maryland.   My single vote doesn't mean a thing in this cesspool.

But for any State 'in play'.....this is no time for taking any chances, my friend.

Texas IS NOT anywhere near being in play and even if it was I still wouldn't vote for that POS Donald J. Trump!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #626 on: November 08, 2016, 02:19:17 pm »
DC, good to have you engaged in here. The #NeverTrumpers have tried their best (or their worst–since they trade only in lies and smears...BIG LEAGUE) to stop Donald Trump. But I'm afraid it's like trying to stop a steamroller...BIG LEAGUE. LOL!
There you go again, projecting. Trump is the liar. Win or lose you'll get to see that. There was a time when I'd give his ardent supporters the benefit of the doubt for falling prey to wishful thinking, being the sort of suckers "Nigerian princes" love to e-mail, or the type to give their credit card info to someone calling in the blind from "card services", but not any more. The problems with your boy have been laid out repeatedly, substantiated, the lies exposed, the contradictions in his alleged stances on the issues laid bare, and yet you continue to browbeat and lie about those of us who will not bend our knee, kiss his ring, or give him our vote.
That makes you complicit in this debacle, willing participants, sycophants of the worst candidate the GOP has ever fielded and the most divisive one since Lincoln.

I will admit however that the sheer numbers of Nevers around here did depress the participation of Trump supporters. But now most folks are seeing the handwriting on the wall, and I ain't gonna walk on egg shells anymore.
Oh, by all means, walk on the appropriate substrate. Kindly remove your shoes outside. Bleach is so tough on the flooring in the foyer, and so necessary if you track in the stuff you have been wading in. And no, that water isn't fine, that isn't a hot spring, it's a cesspool.
They came in here and fouled this once wonderful website – where members used to disagree without being disagreeable. But, as you know, #NeverTrump doesn't do agreeable disagreeing.
As to the former, we were invited here. If that disturbed the acoustics, well, that's a shame, but you can go pick up an echo anywhere on the web. I was told we'd be able to discuss issues here, and we have. Apparently that discussion is not to your personal liking, even though there was created a 'space' on this site where you could enjoy the full and uninterrupted reverberations of those who feel exactly the same as you. Instead, you choose to come out of your hidey hole and insult and slander those of us who are engaged in discussion, seldom providing anything of substance, only injecting your particular venom into the conversation. You even make sweeping assertions about how disagreeable we are, while at the same time disagreeably lumping people from a multitude of walks of life, backgrounds, and geographic locations together summarily so you can attempt to handily dismiss them. If anything puts a damper on discussion, that snark is in the running for the top spot. You have labored like a rented mule busting sod to make this place disagreeable.
Now, that's about as agreeably as I can disagree on a point of insult that in another time would have a gauntlet thrown and a couple of folks pacing it off at dawn.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #627 on: November 08, 2016, 02:20:30 pm »
And all of those unprincipled ones cast previously have gotten us exactly what?

Besides maybe buying a little time its gotten us nothing, I'll admit.

Just like taking ourselves out of the big picture will get us nothing, other than make us feel a little better about ourselves. Perhaps that enough reason for some.

The practical end result will be exactly the same, I'm afraid.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #628 on: November 08, 2016, 02:22:02 pm »
@Smokin Joe, I read your wonderful comments up thread about raising your family. Mrs. L and I raised our twin sons very similarly.  They are 24 now and they are very good men.

Blessings
Thanks, @Lando Lincoln ! Blessings to you and yours as well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

« Reply #629 on: November 08, 2016, 02:24:37 pm »
There you go again, projecting. Trump is the liar. Win or lose you'll get to see that. There was a time when I'd give his ardent supporters the benefit of the doubt for falling prey to wishful thinking, being the sort of suckers "Nigerian princes" love to e-mail, or the type to give their credit card info to someone calling in the blind from "card services", but not any more. The problems with your boy have been laid out repeatedly, substantiated, the lies exposed, the contradictions in his alleged stances on the issues laid bare, and yet you continue to browbeat and lie about those of us who will not bend our knee, kiss his ring, or give him our vote.
That makes you complicit in this debacle, willing participants, sycophants of the worst candidate the GOP has ever fielded and the most divisive one since Lincoln. Oh, by all means, walk on the appropriate substrate. Kindly remove your shoes outside. Bleach is so tough on the flooring in the foyer, and so necessary if you track in the stuff you have been wading in. And no, that water isn't fine, that isn't a hot spring, it's a cesspool.As to the former, we were invited here. If that disturbed the acoustics, well, that's a shame, but you can go pick up an echo anywhere on the web. I was told we'd be able to discuss issues here, and we have. Apparently that discussion is not to your personal liking, even though there was created a 'space' on this site where you could enjoy the full and uninterrupted reverberations of those who feel exactly the same as you. Instead, you choose to come out of your hidey hole and insult and slander those of us who are engaged in discussion, seldom providing anything of substance, only injecting your particular venom into the conversation. You even make sweeping assertions about how disagreeable we are, while at the same time disagreeably lumping people from a multitude of walks of life, backgrounds, and geographic locations together summarily so you can attempt to handily dismiss them. If anything puts a damper on discussion, that snark is in the running for the top spot. You have labored like a rented mule busting sod to make this place disagreeable.
Now, that's about as agreeably as I can disagree on a point of insult that in another time would have a gauntlet thrown and a couple of folks pacing it off at dawn.

:thumbsup:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #630 on: November 08, 2016, 02:25:40 pm »
I'm a New Yorker. For the most part everyone gets along. Most neighborhoods are multi ethnic multi religious and multi multi.
I grew up in Port Washington just outside of Queens, your right, no racists that I can recall.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #631 on: November 08, 2016, 02:28:45 pm »
I'm thinking this is what I should do.

I'm done with the vocal NeverTrumpers once the election results are in. Helping elect Hillary is an unforgivable offense in my view.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #632 on: November 08, 2016, 02:32:13 pm »
Last day polling is now moot, it is now time for the election day live thread.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,231604.0.html

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #633 on: November 08, 2016, 02:32:25 pm »
Besides maybe buying a little time its gotten us nothing, I'll admit.

@skeeter

But that's not nothing.

Sometimes, the only option you've got is to buy time and retreat, a fighting withdrawal, in the hopes that the tide will turn at some point and you'll be able to counterattack.  It may seem more noble/heroic to stand your ground and simply die in place, but while that may make a fine story, it still means you've lost the war. 

I'll vote for the lesser of two evils because it may buy enough time for a truly good candidate to emerge who may actually win.  Maybe one of the better primary candidates from this time around will improve, and be even better in 2020.  Maybe that's when we get a shot at electing a conservative.

My concern is that electing Hillary will so tilt the field by 2020 that no Republican will have a chance of winning.  So "dying in place" by not voting for the lesser of those two evils is not an option in which I am interested.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #634 on: November 08, 2016, 02:32:33 pm »
I'm done with the vocal NeverTrumpers once the election results are in. Helping elect Hillary is an unforgivable offense in my view.

We will miss you.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #635 on: November 08, 2016, 02:33:19 pm »
Another interesting point, (speaking of point)...Russians make up a large portion of the cadets at the United States military Academy at West Point. God I love Russians.

Interested to note that Russia is the only western country defending Christianity. The USA on the other hand under Hillary as SoS is arming ISIS.

Oceander

« Reply #636 on: November 08, 2016, 02:33:36 pm »
I grew up in Port Washington just outside of Queens, your right, no racists that I can recall.

Still there?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #637 on: November 08, 2016, 02:34:10 pm »
We will miss you.

I'll be here, but you will be on ignore.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #638 on: November 08, 2016, 02:34:55 pm »
We will miss you.

Speak for yourself!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #639 on: November 08, 2016, 02:35:37 pm »
Still there?
No I left LI in 1969 to join the USMC I left upstate NY for Texas in 1976.

Oceander

« Reply #640 on: November 08, 2016, 02:35:57 pm »
Speak for yourself!

He doesn't speak just for himself. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #641 on: November 08, 2016, 02:41:36 pm »

In that case, I hope you some day can forgive yourself for giving us Trump and because of that, electing Hillary.......

As for me, my conscience is completely clear.   Nothing to forgive.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

« Reply #642 on: November 08, 2016, 02:44:38 pm »
No I left LI in 1969 to join the USMC I left upstate NY for Texas in 1976.

Then you don't really know Nassau or Queens any more.  Port's still a great place, or so the old-timers I know say; I agree with them.  I don't see racism there, but it's also not multi-culti.  The Indian restaurant is pretty good though.  Louie's is overpriced as far as I'm concerned.

Queens, like most of NYC, is not truly multi-culti except in certain areas.  Most areas are Balkanized, with groups of like living with each other and bordering on other groups of like living with each other.  There is multi-culti at some of the border lines, but the interior is fairly homogeneous.  Mostly the various groups deal with each other, but they don't necessarily particularly like each other.  And stereotyping abounds.  They don't walk with each other, they walk past, and through, each other.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #643 on: November 08, 2016, 02:45:10 pm »
@skeeter

But that's not nothing.

Sometimes, the only option you've got is to buy time and retreat, a fighting withdrawal, in the hopes that the tide will turn at some point and you'll be able to counterattack.  It may seem more noble/heroic to stand your ground and simply die in place, but while that may make a fine story, it still means you've lost the war. 

I'll vote for the lesser of two evils because it may buy enough time for a truly good candidate to emerge who may actually win.  Maybe one of the better primary candidates from this time around will improve, and be even better in 2020.  Maybe that's when we get a shot at electing a conservative.

My concern is that electing Hillary will so tilt the field by 2020 that no Republican will have a chance of winning.  So "dying in place" by not voting for the lesser of those two evils is not an option in which I am interested.

You know I believe this too. But I get tired of repeating it to those who obviously don't want to hear it.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #644 on: November 08, 2016, 02:46:57 pm »
You just can't look at one of the candidate's shortcomings and understand my point of view.

Exactly right.   This is a race to the bottom,   and we have to judge them both relative to each other.   You have to understand what both candidates are. 

We pick the one that is least bad.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #645 on: November 08, 2016, 02:47:10 pm »
@skeeter

But that's not nothing.

I followed that line of "reasoning" for forty years and it brought us here! May God forgive me for that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #646 on: November 08, 2016, 02:48:44 pm »

Exactly right.   This is a race to the bottom,   and we have to judge them both relative to each other.   You have to understand what both candidates are. 

We pick the one that is least bad.   

That's correct.  Which is why I chose third party.  Because the other two are equally bad, differing only in trivial details.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #647 on: November 08, 2016, 02:51:40 pm »
   I just don't remember you protesting at all when your orange wonder and his whiz kid manafort were running roughshod over the Delegates at the GOP Convention.

I didn't pay any attention to the convention.   At that point the decision was already made and so what happened there was mostly immaterial to me.   

I was protesting earlier during the primary when Trump was accusing Ted Cruz of being a liar.    I started a thread at the other site asking anyone to present an example of where Ted Cruz lied about something.   

I thoroughly pissed off a huge swath of people when I dissected everything they presented and demonstrated to them that it was they who were lying,  and not Ted Cruz. 

I got suspended for a month or so after that.     

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #648 on: November 08, 2016, 02:53:58 pm »
How about neither? That option still exists, despite the supporters of the two refusing to acknowledge it.

Because "Neither"   is not going to be President.   One of the two will be,   and therefore no other consideration is relevant to the future.   

Choosing "neither"  is a cowardly way out of a moral dilemma.     It means you  will leave it up to others to do what must be done.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline skeeter

« Reply #649 on: November 08, 2016, 02:54:32 pm »
I followed that line of "reasoning" for forty years and it brought us here! May God forgive me for that!

Thats the entire point - after more than forty years of total domination of the media, academia and most aspects of government by the leftwing statists there was still a chance that this year we'd nominate a conservative. We came very close.

I do not believe the leftists, once in total control, will take any more chances.