Author Topic: CNN's John King: 'We got played again' by Trump  (Read 9372 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN's John King: 'We got played again' by Trump
« on: September 16, 2016, 04:28:20 pm »
September 16, 2016, 11:58 am

By Jesse Byrnes

CNN's chief national correspondent John King on Friday ripped Donald Trump's campaign for its handling of a campaign event where the GOP presidential nominee promised a "major announcement."

Trump had said he would deliver a statement Friday in Washington about whether he believes President Obama was born in the U.S. Trump began the event talking for several minutes about his new hotel, then had veterans speak on his behalf for nearly a half-hour, before finally delivering a four-sentence statement and leaving without taking questions.

"We got played, again, by the Trump campaign, which is what they do," King said on CNN moments after Trump wrapped up his event. "He got a live event broadcast for some 20 minutes."

King said he meant no disrespect for the military veterans honored at the Trump event, and said voters would make their decision about how Trump framed his event.

His remarks echoed those of other journalists on social media, who blasted Trump for waiting until the end of a high-profile event to deliver a short statement

CNN's Jake Tapper said that the public got "Rickrolled" by Trump, while the network's chief political analyst Gloria Borger called Trump's move a "breathtaking act of political expediency."

"It is insulting what he just did," Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-N.Y.), a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, said of Trump on CNN.

"And he has done it time and time and time again, which tries to divide us as a nation," Meeks continued. "It's like he thinks that it's a game, you're playing a TV show."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/296317-cnns-john-king-we-got-played-again-by-trump-campaign
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: CNN's John King: 'We got played again' by Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 04:30:01 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/296317-cnns-john-king-we-got-played-again-by-trump-campaign
‘A Political Rick-Roll’ — Trump Tricked Media Into Broadcasting an Entourage of Endorsements
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 04:30:46 pm »
This was funny..gotta hand it to Trump..
Support the USO

Offline Axel

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 04:35:33 pm »
Hahahahaha.

Dangle some red meat for the race baiters at CNN and then completely turn the tables. Love it!
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 04:39:32 pm »

By Jesse Byrnes

CNN's chief national correspondent John King on Friday ripped Donald Trump's campaign for its handling of a campaign event where the GOP presidential nominee promised a "major announcement."

Trump had said he would deliver a statement Friday in Washington about whether he believes President Obama was born in the U.S. Trump began the event talking for several minutes about his new hotel, then had veterans speak on his behalf for nearly a half-hour, before finally delivering a four-sentence statement and leaving without taking questions.

"We got played, again, by the Trump campaign, which is what they do," King said on CNN moments after Trump wrapped up his event. "He got a live event broadcast for some 20 minutes."

King said he meant no disrespect for the military veterans honored at the Trump event, and said voters would make their decision about how Trump framed his event.

His remarks echoed those of other journalists on social media, who blasted Trump for waiting until the end of a high-profile event to deliver a short statement

CNN's Jake Tapper said that the public got "Rickrolled" by Trump, while the network's chief political analyst Gloria Borger called Trump's move a "breathtaking act of political expediency."

"It is insulting what he just did," Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-N.Y.), a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, said of Trump on CNN.

"And he has done it time and time and time again, which tries to divide us as a nation," Meeks continued. "It's like he thinks that it's a game, you're playing a TV show."

Classic bait and switch. Pretty clever move.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 04:40:19 pm »

Yet they keep coming back for more. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 04:56:25 pm »
Played like a fiddle. Absolutely fantastic scheme by the NY liberal.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 04:59:29 pm »
Played like a fiddle. Absolutely fantastic scheme by the NY liberal.

He's a master at playing people!  He played enough of them to get the republican nomination and may very well play enough of them to get elected president but I won't be included in that group because I've been onto him from day one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 05:37:19 pm »
He's no more dangerous that the other bozos who have held office.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 05:41:02 pm »
‘A Political Rick-Roll’ — Trump Tricked Media Into Broadcasting an Entourage of Endorsements

Baiting them into broadcasting all his endorsements is just breathtakingly funny.  The greatest thing about it is that the media is powerless in response, because you know they're going to have to cover him the next time he speaks no matter what.  And since they already hate him, they really can't to anything more than they'd already do to get revenge.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 05:43:09 pm »
It would be like an insane, rebellious juvenile delinquent with nukes and other means of destroying anyone he doesn't like.

I hear this argument a lot about the nukes, and it is horribly overblown.  The truth is that if he gave some order to fire off nukes for anything other than incredibly valid reasons, the military would refuse to comply.  There is zero risk of Trump waking up one morning, deciding to fire off some nukes, and having that actually happen.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 05:46:17 pm »
This was funny..gotta hand it to Trump..

It is funny. Just because I'm not a Trump supporter doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching these presstitutes made fools of.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 05:52:15 pm »
It is funny. Just because I'm not a Trump supporter doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching these presstitutes made fools of.

Exactly.....I love it when I see the press being made fools of....lol
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2016, 05:54:35 pm »
It ain't nice to diss the media like this.  This ain't over by a long shot. He will be asked, during the first debate, at every press conference, questions about why he changed his mind, what evidence he uncovered that now proves Obama is a US citizen. 

Plus, this will be the news cycle for the entire weekend.  He played into Hillary's hand and has taken the focus off of her. 

Just as Hillary will be dogged by email questions, he'll be dogged by birther questions until he answers them.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2016, 05:56:17 pm »
Baiting them into broadcasting all his endorsements is just breathtakingly funny.  The greatest thing about it is that the media is powerless in response, because you know they're going to have to cover him the next time he speaks no matter what.  And since they already hate him, they really can't to anything more than they'd already do to get revenge.

They're not powerless.  I would hate to be a Trump surrogate on the cable channels today.

And they can keep this story going for as long as they want.  Trump's on defense, Hillary is now on offense.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 06:00:45 pm »
It ain't nice to diss the media like this.  This ain't over by a long shot. He will be asked, during the first debate, at every press conference, questions about why he changed his mind, what evidence he uncovered that now proves Obama is a US citizen. 

Plus, this will be the news cycle for the entire weekend.  He played into Hillary's hand and has taken the focus off of her. 

Just as Hillary will be dogged by email questions, he'll be dogged by birther questions until he answers them.

Come on...he outsmarted them and got 30 mins of free publicity....

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/09/wow-hillary-clinton-throws-temper-tantrum-trumps-brilliant-birther-presser/
Wow! Hillary Clinton Throws TEMPER TANTRUM After Trump’s Brilliant Birther Presser
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 06:06:09 pm »

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/09/wow-hillary-clinton-throws-temper-tantrum-trumps-brilliant-birther-presser/
Wow! Hillary Clinton Throws TEMPER TANTRUM After Trump’s Brilliant Birther Presser

Yes.  Short term benefit is assured. 

But this ain't over, myst.   It brings up all the racist arguments against Trump.  Not a good time for this to come up for him, when Hillary was weakened.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 06:06:57 pm »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 06:08:12 pm »
Yes.  Short term benefit is assured. 

But this ain't over, myst.   It brings up all the racist arguments against Trump.  Not a good time for this to come up for him, when Hillary was weakened.

That's all they have..calling him a racist...typical Lib response that I don't think works anymore or at least with the majority of people.
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 06:09:12 pm »
Is this the Meme Trumpbart really wants to advance with this story?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 06:11:51 pm »

I guess so since they are all in for Trump...wouldn't be my choice though.
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 06:14:07 pm »

FINALLY....a Republican who is not afraid of the media!!!!  What he did today will be studied by political stratagists for a generation!!

GO TRUMP!!!       :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 06:16:21 pm »

**nononono*

Andrew must be turning in his grave seeing what his legacy has been turned into under Bannon and the "alt-right".
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 06:17:21 pm »
That's all they have..calling him a racist...typical Lib response that I don't think works anymore or at least with the majority of people.

Really?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2016, 06:19:32 pm »
And they can keep this story going for as long as they want.  Trump's on defense, Hillary is now on offense.

They can, and will, do whatever they can to trash him anyway.  He just managed to get some great, free coverage out of this.