Author Topic: CNN's John King: 'We got played again' by Trump  (Read 9374 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: CNN's John King: 'We got played again' by Trump
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2016, 07:00:58 pm »
Benny ‏@bennyjohnson  3h3 hours ago
Asked if she is a birther: "No. If Trump says Obama was born in America he was. Whatever Trump says is true."

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline unknown

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2016, 07:03:50 pm »
I marvel at the cognitive dissonance that cheers the fact Trump has "played" and deceived the media into doing something they would otherwise NOT do, and somehow these same people think that Trump is not doing the same thing to them.

Amazing how many put faith in a proven manipulator who spends more time talking about himself and his hotels and accomplishments than anything else.

Even CNN admits they were played.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2016, 07:04:23 pm »
September 16, 2016, 11:58 am
CNN's John King: 'We got played again' by Trump

By Jesse Byrnes

CNN's chief national correspondent John King on Friday ripped Donald Trump's campaign for its handling of a campaign event where the GOP presidential nominee promised a "major announcement."

Trump had said he would deliver a statement Friday in Washington about whether he believes President Obama was born in the U.S. Trump began the event talking for several minutes about his new hotel, then had veterans speak on his behalf for nearly a half-hour, before finally delivering a four-sentence statement and leaving without taking questions.

"We got played, again, by the Trump campaign, which is what they do," King said on CNN moments after Trump wrapped up his event. "He got a live event broadcast for some 20 minutes."

King said he meant no disrespect for the military veterans honored at the Trump event, and said voters would make their decision about how Trump framed his event.

His remarks echoed those of other journalists on social media, who blasted Trump for waiting until the end of a high-profile event to deliver a short statement

CNN's Jake Tapper said that the public got "Rickrolled" by Trump, while the network's chief political analyst Gloria Borger called Trump's move a "breathtaking act of political expediency."

"It is insulting what he just did," Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-N.Y.), a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, said of Trump on CNN.

"And he has done it time and time and time again, which tries to divide us as a nation," Meeks continued. "It's like he thinks that it's a game, you're playing a TV show."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/296317-cnns-john-king-we-got-played-again-by-trump-campaign

I watched it on Face book Live. Zuckered.

Offline unknown

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2016, 07:05:05 pm »
Trump's people have said that this was put to bed in 2011.  But:

Do you have a link?

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2016, 07:13:18 pm »
Double the fun. On one hand we get to watch Trump play the media, on the other we get to read all the Hillary people crapping their pants over it. LOL!

"Trump will have to apologize for this!" LOL Come on! Give me a break, please. Apologize to whom? for what?

"This will hound Trump for the next week!" Good. Trump has reverse the spin on the birther thing. Every time the press asks him about it, he either talks about  his campaign and his endorsements or says that he doesn't know what they are talking about.

"Hillary was weak. Now she is strong." That is ridiculous statement. Hillary is in some intensive care tent somewhere barely alive. Trump is making all the headlines. That sounds like a win to me.

Trump won this one. You have to give him a little credit. Jeez.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2016, 07:16:53 pm »
Do you have a link?

Yes @sinkspur do you have a link? Heck do you have links for all your talking points posts?  @unknown

HonestJohn

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2016, 07:21:00 pm »
Baiting them into broadcasting all his endorsements is just breathtakingly funny.  The greatest thing about it is that the media is powerless in response, because you know they're going to have to cover him the next time he speaks no matter what.  And since they already hate him, they really can't to anything more than they'd already do to get revenge.

They could just play excerpts after the event is over.

Offline unknown

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2016, 07:24:03 pm »
Yes @sinkspur do you have a link? Heck do you have links for all your talking points posts?  @unknown

Sinkspur has no link.  :shrug:

Nothing. Nothing to back up that which he creates on his own! We have shown this over, and over, and over.

HonestJohn

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2016, 07:25:34 pm »
Is this the Meme Trumpbart really wants to advance with this story?

Huh.  Who'da thunk Trumpbart would have a picture of a gorilla when talking about Obama?

Offline unknown

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2016, 07:26:52 pm »
CNN Slams Trump’s ‘Political Rick Roll’
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/09/16/birther-cnn-donald-trump-political-rick-roll/

CNN’s Jake Tapper complained about a “political Rick roll.”

Gloria Borger furiously accused Trump of “a breathtaking act of political expediency.”

Anchor Ashleigh Banfield slammed Trump for “Birther crap,” and complained that Trump staff had prevented a CNN journalist from joining him on a tour of his new hotel.

CNN’s chief national correspondent John King summed it up best: “I don’t know what to say here … We got played, again, by the @realDonaldTrump campaign.”

Donald Trump’s birther event is the greatest trick he’s ever pulled
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/16/donald-trumps-birther-event-is-the-greatest-trick-hes-ever-pulled/

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2016, 07:32:50 pm »

Nothing. Nothing to back up that which he creates on his own! We have shown this over, and over, and over.

LOL!  A poster who sources stuff from marginal alt-right sites criticizes the sourcing of somebody else's articles. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2016, 07:33:55 pm »
CNN Slams Trump’s ‘Political Rick Roll’
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/09/16/birther-cnn-donald-trump-political-rick-roll/

Donald Trump’s birther event is the greatest trick he’s ever pulled
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/16/donald-trumps-birther-event-is-the-greatest-trick-hes-ever-pulled/

Since most of America didn't see this, it doesn't matter what happened.

What matters is how it plays in the press going forward.  And it's not going to play in Trump's favor.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2016, 07:36:47 pm »

I put Sinkspur on "ignore."   Since then i've only used the "show post"  link a couple of times,  and I assure you I very much regretted it on both occasions.    It is a waste of my time to read anything that Sinkspur writes.   

I suggest you not waste any further time reading that emotional gibberish.   You should put Sinkspur on "ignore." 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2016, 07:36:47 pm »
This was funny..gotta hand it to Trump..

Yeah, I don't admire much about Trump, but, boy, can he get the press all twisted up!  I love it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2016, 07:43:27 pm »

I put Sinkspur on "ignore."   Since then i've only used the "show post"  link a couple of times,  and I assure you I very much regretted it on both occasions.    It is a waste of my time to read anything that Sinkspur writes.   

I suggest you not waste any further time reading that emotional gibberish.   You should put Sinkspur on "ignore."

I'm cut to the quick.  However shall I go on?

Offline flowers

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2016, 07:45:45 pm »
LOL!  A poster who sources stuff from marginal alt-right sites criticizes the sourcing of somebody else's articles.

another leftwing move. Just blame the poster.....................yet still no link. @sinkspur Just hillary talking points.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2016, 07:45:57 pm »

Jeb Bush would've been a much better candidate in a situation like this. Smiling broadly...at his donors. Republicans made a mistake not nominating him, or  Lindsay Graham. I mean, who here wouldn't love to have seen a Bush - Clinton rematch? Or a Lindsay - Hillary matchup?

Offline Axel

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2016, 07:47:04 pm »

Unfortunately you'll still have to read all of the HuffPo, WaPo, leftist news titles that he starts threads for. I wish ignore were more equivalent to Facebook's block, where blocked users cannot reply to your posts or even see them nor you them.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 07:47:36 pm by Axel »
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2016, 07:48:35 pm »
Jeb Bush would've been a much better candidate in a situation like this. Smiling broadly...at his donors. Republicans made a mistake not nominating him, or  Lindsay Graham. I mean, who here wouldn't love to have seen a Bush - Clinton rematch? Or a Lindsay - Hillary matchup?

Yeah he would have been.  He was never a birther.

Offline unknown

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2016, 07:48:36 pm »

LOL

Or even better, how about Kasich - Clinton.

Wow, wouldn't that be a fun matchup to watch...

But instead, we have Trump - Clinton.

BEST ELECTION YEAR - EVER!!

I gotta find a meme for that.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2016, 07:49:42 pm »
Unfortunately you'll still have to read all of the HuffPo, WaPo, leftist news titles that he starts threads for. I wish ignore were more equivalent to Facebook's block, where blocked users cannot reply to your posts or even see them nor you them.

You can put up all the pro-Trump articles from Trumpbart and the alt-right sites you visit.  How about more Pepe?

Offline Axel

« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2016, 07:50:50 pm »
LOL

Or even better, how about Kasich - Clinton.

Wow, wouldn't that be a fun matchup to watch...

But instead, we have Trump - Clinton.

BEST ELECTION YEAR - EVER!!

I gotta find a meme for that.

Which candidate would get Goldman Sachs' endorsement?
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2016, 07:52:44 pm »
Which candidate would get Goldman Sachs' endorsement?

Trump probably.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2016, 08:17:24 pm »

It has been brought up numerous times by numerous people what this poster is all about. If they are good with it, then so am I.

Just remember that a handle can be used by any number of people. I doubt a single poster could post all day every day. But a group working together for the same goals could.

I have no one on ignore. I don't even know how to do it. This place is just fun for me. Nothing that happens here bothers me. I have more serious issues at hand.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2016, 08:38:29 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/296317-cnns-john-king-we-got-played-again-by-trump-campaign
‘A Political Rick-Roll’ — Trump Tricked Media Into Broadcasting an Entourage of Endorsements
@mystery-ak

His objective was to promote to the entire nation, the opening of his new hotel in Washington, D.C.  The rest was window dressing.  I read somewhere that a room at the new hotel is $500 A NIGHT.  (I wonder if my Yorkie, Prissy, gets in free.  We could say she is a seeing eye dog.)  Anyway, we will be rushing to Washington, to give Trump the $500 for a  night in this grand, great, really great, hotel - not.