Author Topic: Donald Trump declines invitation to address NAACP  (Read 6454 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Donald Trump declines invitation to address NAACP
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2016, 09:09:35 pm »
The point is to tax them hard enough that their products are no longer price competitive.

Congress levies Taxes, not the president. And even a Democrat Congress is not going to punish businesses for offshoring.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2016, 09:12:33 pm »
Yeah, this is a big nothing-burger. Trump literally has nothing to gain by going to capitulate to this gang of race-hustlers.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2016, 09:17:10 pm »
The point the Pro-Sanders / Anti-business (see how this works?) people keep missing is that it is the very reason we have a bad economic situation is government meddling, and they are calling for more of it, by way of tarrifs, which would not allow the average american to be able to sustain themselves, thereby increasing the application and use of said EBT cards.
I disagree, its because of corruption in DC, where Lobbyists many of them foreign own the leadership of this country. By the way, I earned A's in Honor college Economics courses with additional studies in International Trade. Odds are you are parroting talking points from the corrupt Establishment and do not actually know what you are talking about here.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2016, 09:19:15 pm »
STAY ON TOPIC    NAACP......OR MOVE ON

THANKS!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2016, 09:20:50 pm »

THANKS!

Address that to Axel...hes the thread jacker. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2016, 09:24:01 pm »
It is a mistake.. Trump is running for President to represent all Americans.. Not just President of certain groups.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2016, 09:31:07 pm »
I disagree, its because of corruption in DC, where Lobbyists many of them foreign own the leadership of this country. By the way, I earned A's in Honor college Economics courses with additional studies in International Trade. Odds are you are parroting talking points from the corrupt Establishment and do not actually know what you are talking about here.

So I do not know what I am talking about, yet I am 1/3 of a team running a small manufacturing plant in Texas, doing the EXACT thing you Pro-Sanders/ant-business types tell us you want me to do.
You know, like manufacture things in the US, hiring Americans, that sort of thing.
I do not even know which talking points that I am supposed to by parroting, that you are referring to.

You see, @Mechanicos, mine is not some academic exercise on how all of this works, I am living it, in real time, everyday.
We've started this plant because the last 2 places we worked at, one was bought by a firm from the UK, and one from Germany.
I will agree that the government is corrupt, but the answer cannot be more government interference.
It hasn't worked yet
Part of the reason we've started up in Texas was that there are very few states that are business friendly enough for us to make a go of it, for one.(plus the fact we are from here).
Still, most of my day is spent on paperwork (guess why).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 09:32:21 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2016, 09:39:07 pm »

THANKS!

Sorry, I was typing away and missed this.

Will do.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2016, 09:40:03 pm »
So I do not know what I am talking about, yet I am 1/3 of a team running a small manufacturing plant in Texas, doing the EXACT thing you Pro-Sanders/ant-business types tell us you want me to do.
You know, like manufacture things in the US, hiring Americans, that sort of thing.
I do not even know which talking points that I am supposed to by parroting, that you are referring to.

You see, @Mechanicos, mine is not some academic exercise on how all of this works, I am living it, in real time, everyday.
We've started this plant because the last 2 places we worked at, one was bought by a firm from the UK, and one from Germany.
I will agree that the government is corrupt, but the answer cannot be more government interference.
It hasn't worked yet
Part of the reason we've started up in Texas was that there are very few states that are business friendly enough for us to make a go of it, for one.(plus the fact we are from here).
Stop saying I am pro Sanders. For one it shows you lack argument. For another I keep laughing at you and it makes it hard to type. No you have no clue of the big picture. What is the Trade deficit? How much can our economy take? What is the condition of the global economy? What historical factors are reoccurring that will cause global trade to be severely negatively impacted. At what point is the global market going to collapse and why? What factors are left to happen that will cause it? Show me you are informed before we go any further.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2016, 09:41:32 pm »
I seem to remember GWB bravely accepted those invitations.  I don't remember about anyone else.  I was proud of W for reaching out to the black community without compromising conservative principles.  He put forth a good effort there.  ...remember, "soft bigotry of low expectations.."  and stuff like that.
Larry Elder column from 10 years ago: Bush panders before the NAACP (excuse the crappy Townhall.com formatting)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2016, 09:42:05 pm »
Ditto.  However in this case, Trump doesn't know how to argue for Conservative principles.

Trump wouldn't recognize a conservative principle if it hit him in the face!

Trump=Hillary in everything but gender.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2016, 09:45:31 pm »
Trump wouldn't recognize a conservative principle if it hit him in the face!

Trump=Hillary in everything but gender.

goopo

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2016, 09:47:10 pm »
We had a huge manufacturing advantage from WW2 all the way until, say, mid 70's.
60% of the worlds manufacturing was done right here in the good ole US of A.

What happening?

Well, in during world war 2, the civlized world was blown to bits, and we were unscathed. The rest of the world did not have the technological advancements, as of yet.

So along comes the Marshall Plan, and some other countries that were less sophisticated then, started getting there act together and we now face global competition for the very thing we were doing better than everyone else on the planet ,combined.

Sure, fair, or fairer trade sounds great, let do that, but it ignores the fact the rest of the world has caught up to us on a lot of levels.
Who makes the best TV's now? Hyundai/Kia can offer 100,000 mile/10 year warranties  on their vehicles, etc,etc,etc.

It is not just the trade deal alone, or immigration,  that is hurting the once mighty American economy.
frankly, the world caught up.

We also need to take a real serious look at governments role in industry. Look at the taxes, rules, regulations, and lobbying efforts that pick winners and losers.
I think that would help more than any trade reform.

But to go back to previous levels of manufacturing in the US?
I think we will never go back to that post WW2 level again, not without a catastrophe elsewhere in the world.

All of that plus our IDIOTIC tax code!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2016, 09:55:10 pm »
Stop saying I am pro Sanders. For one it shows you lack argument. For another I keep laughing at you and it makes it hard to type. No you have no clue of the big picture. What is the Trade deficit? How much can our economy take? What is the condition of the global economy? What historical factors are reoccurring that will cause global trade to be severely negatively impacted. At what point is the global market going to collapse and why? What factors are left to happen that will cause it? Show me you are informed before we go any further.

You've called me AntiTrump and NeverTrump, so I call you pro Sanders.
Trump and Sanders economic policies are a lot closer to one another than mine would be to either one of them.

Total trade deficit as of 2015 was 531.5 billion, imports = $ 2.76 trillion, exports = $ 2.23 trillion

I'd say an uncertain global economic climate would be one of the historical factors, international suppliers less likely to extend credit, etc.

A hike in interest rates, an over-valued stock market, over reliance on foreign markets, are all things that could cause a global market to collapse, and others.

I told the owner I'd go back to the topic, so I am done with this.

Besides, it is five o'cock here, Iv'e spent too much time on the forum, and I still have some more of the lovely government paperwork to do.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 10:01:49 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2016, 10:05:45 pm »
The Uniter.

I'll side with Trump on this. The NAACP is a racist group that does not deserve a place at the table.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2016, 11:32:45 pm »
Don't you realize they already ARE doing that to us?  **nononono*

There has become a certain attitude and policy prescription from contemporary "conservatives," that America cannot protect the borders, cannot deport illegal immigrants including convicted violent felons, cannot be bothered with manufacturing, cannot win trade negotiations, etc.

Many of them are phony "conservatives," that actually advocate for liberal positions. Open borders is an example. Invasion by violent muslims, is another.

These phony conservatives are talk but no action. Along comes somebody that actually means business on subjects they have talked about, but accomplished nothing on.

He comes along, and is suddenly too extreme for their tastes. They wail "don't do that much about the border, don't do that much to deport illegal immigrants, don't do that much to block muslim terrorists coming in, don't do that much to try to better our trade results, etc."

They gear up the Bush/Romney/Kristol/Rove machinery and openly try to protect their status quo, in opposition to voters' wishes.

Some openly state their preference for Hillary. Cruz supporters will soon find out he isn't what those forces have in mind, either.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HonestJohn

« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2016, 11:40:50 pm »
There has become a certain attitude and policy prescription from contemporary "conservatives," that America cannot protect the borders, cannot deport illegal immigrants including convicted violent felons, cannot be bothered with manufacturing, cannot win trade negotiations, etc.

Many of them are phony "conservatives," that actually advocate for liberal positions. Open borders is an example. Invasion by violent muslims, is another.

These phony conservatives are talk but no action. Along comes somebody that actually means business on subjects they have talked about, but accomplished nothing on.

He comes along, and is suddenly too extreme for their tastes. They wail "don't do that much about the border, don't do that much to deport illegal immigrants, don't do that much to block muslim terrorists coming in, don't do that much to try to better our trade results, etc."

They gear up the Bush/Romney/Kristol/Rove machinery and openly try to protect their status quo, in opposition to voters' wishes.

Some openly state their preference for Hillary. Cruz supporters will soon find out he isn't what those forces have in mind, either.

... and Americans believe in a nation founded as a shining city on a hill, open to all who believe in the same values.  That all men are created equal, endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights; the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Herr Drump does not.  He believes in an America that is inherited through blood.  That no man may ever become an American without having been born as such.

And his syncophants support him and his position.

Which would make his syncophants... phony Americans.

:patriot:

(you may think us phony conservatives, but you betray the very concept of America itself)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 11:41:49 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2016, 11:47:31 pm »

You spend most of your time on this forum looking down your nose at other posters.  You trash us as "phony conservatives," liberals, Hillary supporters. 

I know it gets under your skin that you're one of 8 or 10 Trump supporters and your numbers are dwarfed by those who oppose him.

You had best get your mind around the fact that the convention will change nothing.  There will still be a considerable group here who will make the case against Trump right up until election day.

More Tums for you.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2016, 11:55:54 pm »
... and Americans believe in a nation founded as a shining city on a hill, open to all who believe in the same values.  That all men are created equal, endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights; the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Herr Drump does not.  He believes in an America that is inherited through blood.  That no man may ever become an American without having been born as such.

And his syncophants support him and his position.

Which would make his syncophants... phony Americans.

:patriot:

(you may think us phony conservatives, but you betray the very concept of America itself)

Don't push your "Trump is a Nazi" bullshit on me. Reagan announced his 1980 campaign from Mississippi, an obvious turn  to acknowledge his interest in gaining the traditional Southern votes, who as you and I both know held certain views.

He got criticized by "white guilt" liberal folks like you then, too. And he went on to win their votes, and the election. It was a repeat of Nixon and his Southern Strategy with which he won, twice.

People with words and ideas like you are phony conservatives, espousing mostly liberal positions.

You are calling veterans Nixon, Reagan and truth_seeker "phony Americans."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan%27s_Neshoba_County_Fair_%22states%27_rights%22_speech

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2016, 12:10:22 am »
Don't push your "Trump is a Nazi" bullshit on me. Reagan announced his 1980 campaign from Mississippi, an obvious turn  to acknowledge his interest in gaining the traditional Southern votes, who as you and I both know held certain views.

He got criticized by "white guilt" liberal folks like you then, too. And he went on to win their votes, and the election. It was a repeat of Nixon and his Southern Strategy with which he won, twice.

People with words and ideas like you are phony conservatives, espousing mostly liberal positions.

You are calling veterans Nixon, Reagan and truth_seeker "phony Americans."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan%27s_Neshoba_County_Fair_%22states%27_rights%22_speech

LOL!  You support a man who was a Democrat until two years ago, who favors abortion on demand, who makes fun of the handicapped, calls out "my African American," rails against an American citizen as a"Mexican,"  and lies to your face about deporting lllegals and banning Muslims.

Sucker.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2016, 12:13:00 am »
LOL!  You support a man who was a Democrat until two years ago, who favors abortion on demand, who makes fun of the handicapped, calls out "my African American," rails against an American citizen as a"Mexican,"  and lies to your face about deporting lllegals and banning Muslims.

Sucker.
Trump was not a Democrat until 2 years ago, Thats a lie. He was a Democrat when W bush was in office for that duration ONLY. He has been either GOP or Indi since the 70s but for that protest period.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2016, 01:03:18 am »

It hasn't worked yet

You can blame the paperwork, the regulations and more, on lawyers of all stripes. Those who lobby government on their special interest. Lawyers that drive up costs by employee grievances., lawsuits, etc.

Good luck in your business, by the way. Texas has a great business climate. If only we could build a pipeline and ship California coastal weather your way !!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2016, 01:08:10 am »
You can blame the paperwork, the regulations and more, on lawyers of all stripes. Those who lobby government on their special interest. Lawyers that drive up costs by employee grievances., lawsuits, etc.

Good luck in your business, by the way. Texas has a great business climate. If only we could build a pipeline and ship California coastal weather your way !!

Thank you, and I do agree with you on the lobbyist.
Smaller Government with no corporate favoritism by lobbyist, and I think we will get somewhere here, all of us.
Yes it is hot here. My favorite saying is "It got so hot today, that I saw 2 trees fighting over a dog".
I use it a lot.
You'll probably get tired of reading it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:10:06 am by GrouchoTex »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2016, 01:08:25 am »
Trump was not a Democrat until 2 years ago, Thats a lie. He was a Democrat when W bush was in office for that duration ONLY. He has been either GOP or Indi since the 70s but for that protest period.

Google is your friend:

have to answer for why he left the party as recently as 2011.
Mr. Trump registered for the first time in New York as a Republican in July 1987, only to dump the GOP more than a decade later for the Independence Party in October 1999, according to the New York City Board of Elections.
In August 2001, the billionaire enrolled as a Democrat. Eight years later, he returned to the Republican Party, The Smoking Gun reported.
After only two years as a registered Republican, Mr. Trump left the party again, and in December 2011 marked a box that indicated, “I do not wish to enroll in a party.”
Mr. Trump returned to the GOP in April 2012, The Smoking Gun reported.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/16/donald-trump-changed-political-parties-at-least-fi/

Offline WAC

« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2016, 01:23:23 am »
I'll side with Trump on this. The NAACP is a racist group that does not deserve a place at the table.

Yep! ...good move on his part...that ought to send some signals!

They boycott businesses and cities when they feel slighted, they routinely cry racism whenever a black is arrested, and are plainly anti-white not pro-black....they are not interested in resolving issues.

At any rate Trump declined to speak because it will be held at the same time as the Republican National Convention in Cleveland.