Author Topic: Donald Trump declines invitation to address NAACP  (Read 6458 times)

geronl

Re: Donald Trump declines invitation to address NAACP
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 07:17:26 pm »
Trump only wants to be President of about 20% of America

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2016, 07:23:03 pm »
This reads like a CNN talking point. You should re-direct your criticism toward Obama and the media for further dividing this country along racial and political lines. Trump's policies would help black Americans more than any other group.

Several of the #nevertrumps here are at best, liberal Republicans, i.e. phony conservatives.  Internet attention seekers, and #nevertrump is merely their current vehicle.

Before and after Trump, it was and will be something else.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Axel

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2016, 07:26:34 pm »
Oh, yeah...making consumer prices soar is sure going to help those who tend to be poorer!

How have those Always low low prices worked out for the economically marginalized in our country so far? Oh that's right, all the good paying jobs went overseas. Folks will be able to afford to pay more for locally made goods because they'll be getting paid more than they're currently making at Burger King and Wal-Mart.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2016, 07:34:25 pm »
Several of the #nevertrumps here are at best, liberal Republicans, i.e. phony conservatives.  Internet attention seekers, and #nevertrump is merely their current vehicle.

The same can be said about you....stop the attacks.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2016, 07:36:36 pm »
How have those Always low low prices worked out for the economically marginalized in our country so far? Oh that's right, all the good paying jobs went overseas. Folks will be able to afford to pay more for locally made goods because they'll be getting paid more than they're currently making at Burger King and Wal-Mart.

You really don't understand how business or economics works do you?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

geronl

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2016, 07:36:59 pm »
liberal Republicans, i.e. phony conservatives.

Trump is the liberal, phony

geronl

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2016, 07:37:53 pm »

That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.

Offline Axel

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2016, 07:39:28 pm »
How?

1. Immigration.
Who did the jobs immigrants are currently doing before immigrants were doing them? Primarily black Americans and rural whites. They've been crowded out of these industries, and moreover, wages have been driven down.

2. Trade
Black Americans were most prosperous financially when American manufacturing was at its peak. They were paid well, had benefits, and had thriving communities. Black wealth died with the death of American manufacturing.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline Axel

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2016, 07:44:14 pm »
You really don't understand how business or economics works do you?

You can't prove me wrong, it's only a theory.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2016, 07:45:00 pm »

Offline Chasaway

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2016, 07:46:14 pm »
...Folks will be able to afford to pay more for locally made goods because they'll be getting paid more than they're currently making at Burger King and Wal-Mart.

Wait. What are you saying?

Nobody's going to be working at Burger King or Walmart, anymore? Or Trump is going to make those companies pay more?
"That's all I can stands; I can't stands n' more!"

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2016, 07:49:44 pm »
You can't prove me wrong, it's only a theory.

No actually there is historical evidence that shows that what Trump is proposing where trade is concerned would be completely and utterly disastrous for what's left of our economy and industrial jobs.

The 1929 Crash and The Great Depression are the results of the very kinds of trade policies Trump is proposing. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Axel

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2016, 07:51:55 pm »
Wait. What are you saying?

Nobody's going to be working at Burger King or Walmart, anymore? Or Trump is going to make those companies pay more?

The other poster suggested consumer good prices would "soar" under Trump, which I can only assume he/she suggested because of his protectionist trade policies. My counterargument to that is manufacturing jobs pay better than fast food and retail, which will offset higher priced consumer goods and in the long run keep more money in the local community.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2016, 07:59:14 pm »
No actually there is historical evidence that shows that what Trump is proposing where trade is concerned would be completely and utterly disastrous for what's left of our economy and industrial jobs.

The 1929 Crash and The Great Depression are the results of the very kinds of trade policies Trump is proposing.
Not exactly, they were caused by a central bank that had control of our government. Glass Segal (sp) was enacted to stop it reoccurring the same way and that involved limiting what banks could do. Clinton removed the one keeping commercial banks from home mortgages and we had the real estate market crash not long after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrJGlXEs8nI
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2016, 08:02:02 pm »
The other poster suggested consumer good prices would "soar" under Trump, which I can only assume he/she suggested because of his protectionist trade policies. My counterargument to that is manufacturing jobs pay better than fast food and retail, which will offset higher priced consumer goods and in the long run keep more money in the local community.

Trump isn't going to make those jobs come back.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2016, 08:05:13 pm »
Smart move on his part actually.  If he's really interested in reaching out to and speaking with the black community...he has to go around firewalls like the NAALCP and talk to people directly.

Last time he did that  he tweeted that Blacks were responsible for 87% of white murders.  Trump's history of reaching out to minority groups is not all that great.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2016, 08:05:42 pm »
The racist Uniter agrees.  That's why he's at ONE PERCENT with blacks.

Plus, this decline is a dog-whistle to his alt-right supporters.

90% of blacks consistently vote democrat
99% of blacks voted for Obama

Offline RedHead

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2016, 08:11:03 pm »
1. Immigration.
Who did the jobs immigrants are currently doing before immigrants were doing them? Primarily black Americans and rural whites. They've been crowded out of these industries, and moreover, wages have been driven down.

And if you get rid of Hispanics than salaries will magically go up?  Really?

2. Trade
Black Americans were most prosperous financially when American manufacturing was at its peak. They were paid well, had benefits, and had thriving communities. Black wealth died with the death of American manufacturing.

Manufacturing is far from dead but I'll play along.  So once Trump cancels trade agreements and imposes his tariffs, driving the costs up for a whole host of goods for blacks as well as whites, what is going to force the manufacturers to bring those jobs back?  And if they do then what is going to force them to pay a decent wage?  They still will be competing against lower cost foreign workers.

Offline Axel

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2016, 08:11:26 pm »
Trump isn't going to make those jobs come back.

He's more likely to bring them back than any other candidate running for either party.

I still believe its not too late for America. I don't know if you do or not.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2016, 08:11:38 pm »
The NAACP convention runs during approximately the same time as the RNC. How convenient they offer an invitation with such short notice.

http://www.naacp.org/press/entry/naacp-announces-2016-convention-theme-our-lives-matter-our-votes-count

Offline RedHead

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2016, 08:12:41 pm »

What will force those manufacturing companies to pay more than fast food outlets?

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2016, 08:15:14 pm »
What will force those manufacturing companies to pay more than fast food outlets?

The market. especially if there aren't enough workers.

Offline Axel

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2016, 08:17:01 pm »
And if you get rid of Hispanics than salaries will magically go up?  Really?

Manufacturing is far from dead but I'll play along.  So once Trump cancels trade agreements and imposes his tariffs, driving the costs up for a whole host of goods for blacks as well as whites, what is going to force the manufacturers to bring those jobs back?  And if they do then what is going to force them to pay a decent wage?  They still will be competing against lower cost foreign workers.

Have you not listened to any of Trump's speeches? He has repeatedly said we will charge them a huge tax to sell their products back to us if they leave. We may be hurting, but America is still the world's largest market and the dollar is still the world's reserve currency. We have the leverage to negotiate, we just need right the negotiator.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2016, 08:17:28 pm »
He's more likely to bring them back than any other candidate running for either party.

I still believe its not too late for America. I don't know if you do or not.

Show me a 10 year period in American history where the tariffs and protectionist policies he's proposing have resulted in economic growth for the country. 

Go ahead...I'll wait while you research it.

You DO realize Trump Bernie and Hillary source data almost identical in their trade proposals right?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2016, 08:19:20 pm »
It does not matter on little bit what Trump says to the NAACP. They will feign "outrage" and "racisim" anyway, like they always do about everything.

Black America is passe'. It is impossible to care about their demands or their grievances because they never recognize anything positive and are impossible to deal with. How can you satisfy someone who does not want to be satisfied?

Trump was right. It will make absolutely no difference anyway in terms of Black support anyway.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.