Author Topic: Donald Trump's "Star of David" Hillary Clinton Meme Was Created by White Supremacists  (Read 9031 times)

Silver Pines

Its a simple thing. Trump doesn't admit mistakes or take responsibility but the fact that his supporters other than the alt right don't demand it is really starting to make me wonder about them.

If you won't stand with Israel, I won't stand with you -Ted Cruz

They've built him up into such a mythical hero figure of worship that nothing else matters to them.  If I were a Trump supporter, I'd do some hard thinking about my willingness to lose my soul over an amoral game show host.

Offline sinkspur

Sink, I have no idea what you're talking about.  Truly.

I am just trying to shut down a crazed discussion.  The sheriff's star, the department of justice star, is not the Star of David. 

There was no anti-Semitism in the Trump tweet ... and I don't understand how that could even be extrapolated.

I know you despise Donald Trump ... but this accusation is beyond the pale. 

That's all.    :talkhand:

@sinkspur
@mystery-ak

If you want to shut down the discussion, then stop making the ridiculous point you're making.

Even when shown that Trump's throne-sniffer tweeted out the exact image posted on a white supremacist site, you refuse to see it or acknowledge it.

That's mindless.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I am just trying to shut down (...) discussion.
Well, for once you admit the truth. 

The sheriff's star, the department of justice star, is not the Star of David.
You're right. The Sheriff's Star has circular dots around each point. This one didn't.

There was no anti-Semitism in the Trump tweet ... and I don't understand how that could even be extrapolated.
The fact that the first known mention of it was on an anti-semitic board (something Googling the original file name quickly turns up) on a troll site two weeks ago belies this claim.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Silver Pines

Wow, you're losing it, Sink.  **nononono*   Take a breath....three of Mr. Trump's grandchildren are Jewish.  I'd say he has more "skin" in this debate and affinity for Israel than anyone.

Yet his own words prove otherwise.  He stated that he would be neutral re: Israel and the Palestinians, and that the burden of peace is on Israel's shoulders.

Offline Mechanicos

LOL!  The black family was not supporting Trump and they came out and said so.  No embarrassment except to you, pal.
The Embarrassment was the same here as there. YOU claimed in both it was created by Trump. Then created this entire anti-Trump hysteria over it. And Like there you were proven its was NOT created by Trump but was a Re-tweet and most people see nothing Anti-Semite in it. And at no time have you proven it was known to anybody at the Trump camp the origins of it since as you so nicely pointed out the website its claimed to have come from no longer exists.

Then when it was failing like it should a far left wing tiny blog tries to do it again. Of course people invested in trying to hurt the mean man regardless of the consequences will buy into it. But thinking people rightfully consider the source of this meme and ignore it.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

Well, for once you admit the truth. 
 You're right. The Sheriff's Star has circular dots around each point. This one didn't.
 The fact that the first known mention of it was on an anti-semitic board (something Googling the original file name quickly turns up) on a troll site two weeks ago belies this claim.
Actually how would anybody know that since its claimed origin site has not existed for a long time.
Hoisted by their own petard.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Actually how would anybody know that since its claimed origin site has not existed for a long time.
Hoisted by their own petard.
Google caches and datestamps everything it runs into.

Offline WAC

That's the question.  IMO it depends on how well it's publicized; otherwise internet political junkies are the only people who'll know about it.  That includes Trump's hardcore fanatics, and it's clear to me now that nothing he could do would sway them...........

It's pretty amazing the "stuff" which should not be news nor even be focused on when we have very serious issues in this country that need addressing............Trump has made it clear he is supportive of Israel......this "stuff" is just to occupy space in peoples minds ..and there's a lot of it out there to distract people from what really matters.

But I agree you are not going to distract Trump supporters from supporting him......perhaps because they see a Hillary President as dangerous threat to this country, their homes and family. ....Trumps "warts" are not sufficient to deter them and certainly not the media.....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
...the alt-right, a digital movement of neo-Nazis, anti-Semites, and white supremacists...

People, we need to fight this one tooth and nail, and point out that, no, this is not a right-wing manifestation, but a fascistic left-wing one.  Whenever we see this in print, we need to take them to task for it. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
They've built him up into such a mythical hero figure of worship that nothing else matters to them.  If I were a Trump supporter, I'd do some hard thinking about my willingness to lose my soul over an amoral game show host.

He's the Sisyphus candidate. His only advantage is that he has lackeys to keep shoving that boulder uphill.

In Greek mythology Sisyphus  was the king of Ephyra. He was punished for his self-aggrandizing craftiness and deceitfulness by being forced to roll an immense boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll back down, repeating this action for eternity.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Compare what Trump posted:

To what was found on the skinhead website:

Objective observers can decide.

And, the skinhead one was posted BEFORE the Trump tweet? 

Modified:  OK, now I've read the whole thread and it does indeed appear that the exact same image was posted on a skinhead site several weeks before DT tweeted it out.   It could easily have been a mistake by the Trump camp.  The kind of mistake that he has made before and that would be the kiss of death for any other Republican candidate.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 03:33:11 pm by Sanguine »

Offline sinkspur

And, the skinhead one was posted BEFORE the Trump tweet?

Yes.  10 days before.

Offline NavyCanDo

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Silver Pines

It's pretty amazing the "stuff" which should not be news nor even be focused on when we have very serious issues in this country that need addressing............Trump has made it clear he is supportive of Israel......this "stuff" is just to occupy space in peoples minds ..and there's a lot of it out there to distract people from what really matters.

But I agree you are not going to distract Trump supporters from supporting him......perhaps because they see a Hillary President as dangerous threat to this country, their homes and family. ....Trumps "warts" are not sufficient to deter them and certainly not the media.....

WAC, spare me.  Seriously.   Do you think I've forgotten our pretty recent conversations in which you bemoan the fact that other sites went for Trump, the 'great deceiver", as you put it, because it meant that they abandoned conservatism?   You said that the nation was ripe for deception, as proven by the election of Obama and by Trump's candidacy, and that people have to be ripe for self-deception in order to cooperate.

You said that a Trump presidency would be chaos because he knows no boundaries with himself or others.  You called him dangerous, condemned his supporters for their willingness to tolerate his issues, and said that he would ruin the country.

You went on to condemn Trump's vile, vulgar mouth and said he'd moved politics into a dark realm...claimed that he's as vile as the Clintons, and a complete fraud and terrible person in all respects, and exactly like the Mafia he did business with because he is a force of darkness.

Then you claimed that Trump brings out the dark side even in people you wouldn't know could be like that....he's worse than a bad influence, he sucks up everything in his path and spits them out, including his followers, once he's done using them.

I get that you might want to forget those conversations ever took place, even as you're now struggling to convince yourself Trump is something you know he isn't.  I haven't, though. 

If you were to say, hey, I decided Hillary might be worse so I'll hold my nose and vote for Trump, that would be one thing.  But I find your desperate attempt at the very self-delusion you saw in others to be very, very sad.  Pathetic, even.

So don't bother preaching to me.

Silver Pines

He's the Sisyphus candidate. His only advantage is that he has lackeys to keep shoving that boulder uphill.

In Greek mythology Sisyphus  was the king of Ephyra. He was punished for his self-aggrandizing craftiness and deceitfulness by being forced to roll an immense boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll back down, repeating this action for eternity.

Perfect.

Offline Mechanicos

Google caches and datestamps everything it runs into.
So you do that with all tweets sent to you before you retweet them... get real

Offline WAC

He stated that he would be neutral re: Israel and the Palestinians, and that the burden of peace is on Israel's shoulders.

He said a whole lot more than that...................

His statement about "the burden of Peace on Israel's shoulders"......was in reference to the  conflict.... also stating that he believed overwhelming majority of Israelis really do want to make peace, but that he has doubts the Palestinians feel the same way.

Here's his quote..........
“I’ll tell you one thing, people that I know from Israel, many people, many, many people, and almost everybody would love to see a deal on the side of Israel,”....“Now with that being said, most people don’t think a deal can be made....... I’m not so sure that the other side [the Palestinians] can mentally, you know, get their heads around the deal, because the hatred is so incredible.”

Further stating.......“Basically I support a two-state solution on Israel. But the Palestinian Authority has to recognize Israel’s right to exist as a Jewish state. Have to do that. And they have to stop the terror, stop the attacks, stop the teaching of hatred, you know?”

http://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-palestinians-must-stop-terror-for-peace-deal/

Silver Pines

Geoffrey Skelley ‏@geoffreyvs  2h2 hours ago Charlottesville, VA

One candidate gets interviewed by FBI, the other tweets out image content made by anti-Semites.

2016 is just the best, ain't it?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

I see this "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" argument over and over.

Call me Dorothy, but I  don't buy it.

Still yet, pigs in pokes HAVE been often purchased.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I hadn't, but I will now.  And, I'm not running for president, so, no, I haven't examined tweets from the perspective. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

It's not a retweet. No retweet stamp on it.

For those who don't tweet - if you retweet someone onto your own account, the following image shows at the top (between your name and the follow button):

Next bit of total BS?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sinkspur

For those who don't tweet - if you retweet someone onto your own account, the following image shows at the top (between your name and the follow button):

Next bit of total BS?

Wow.  I hadn't noticed that. So somebody on Trump's staff (Dan Scavino?) actually LIFTED this image from the alt-right website and placed it into a tweet?

So much for the excuse of not knowing where it came from.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
That's not the issue here. The issue is where it came from, and the earliest known reference to the image is that thread.

Offline Mechanicos

Next bit of total BS?

Obviously its a re-tweet or the entire hysterics (we got him now, round 364) thread falls apart. If it is the same as claimed by @sinkspur 's posts then it existed in the same exact form as before on an extinct site and again a 10 days ago.

So you lost the Trump created it argument. And now its  failing on the rest. Pound the table run around scream and shout all you want. Its another #nevertrump failure in their 100 percent record of failure.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 04:32:25 pm by Mechanicos »

Offline sinkspur

This is how Neo-Nazis view Trump:

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 04:33:39 pm by sinkspur »