Author Topic: Trump Is a Man On An Island -- And LOSING  (Read 12151 times)

Offline jedidah

Re: Trump Is a Man On An Island -- And LOSING
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2016, 05:11:39 pm »
If you're looking to Manafort to be the gentleman in the room, you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

No, please do not misunderstand me.  Manafort is no gentleman; far from it.  But he is a master handler and manipulator, and it's looking like Trump is such a loose cannon that not even Manafort can control him.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2016, 05:24:17 pm »

And because we've been busy buying bigger homes and more expensive cars...we've let the Left take over our schools that are...from grade school to graduate school...indoctrination centers.

I take extreme exception to this.  This is my 7th election.  My husband and I worked hard, together, to allow me to stay home with our little one instead of shipping him off to public school.  Our newest car is 8 years old. We've saved enough to put enough equity into our home to convert a 30 year mortgage to a 15 year mortgage on a home we bought 6 years ago, despite it losing almost 20% in value in those 6 years.  *YOU* may have been out buying bigger homes and expensive cars, you may have been the irresponsible one, with many more elections under your belt than we, electing republicans for the sake of them being republicans, and now you want to tell us that we are being irresponsible in our vote because we will not make the same mistakes as the generations before us by electing someone just because he's the republican?  Well thanks a lot.  Bless your heart.

Offline jedidah

« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2016, 05:29:17 pm »
@DCPatriot

I intend to stick around a while, but I've got a lot of miles on the odometer, too -- been watching Presidential politics closely since the 1960 election.  Can't disagree with anything you've said.

Our society is a stinking mess.  That's the foundation of our problems:  widespread ignorance, no common ethos, no common sense.  How else would Bernie have done as well as he has?  Why else would there even be a debate about our fundamental right to own weapons for self-defense, a practice that goes back to the beginning of civilization?  Why else do real humans think men should be allowed to pee with women and little girls?  Freedom no longer means the opportunity to work hard and build a good life, but rather to "be anything you want to be," like changing gender by proclamation or expecting a free education and good job with no effort.  Mind-boggling stupidity, rampant and commonplace.  So no wonder we're looking at two very flawed candidates come November.  It fits.

Donald Trump disgusts me, both his history and his behavior in this election season.  I don't like him and I don't trust him.  I have no idea what he'll do once elected.  I also dislike Hillary but, more importantly, I DO trust her.  I know full well what she will do if elected.  I therefore will likely talk myself into voting for Trump come November.  A Hillary Presidency is unthinkable but imminently possible.

I am a believer and a student of scripture.  When I say believer, I mean that I believe deeply and passionately that Scripture means what it says, and that does not bode well for us.  Numerous passages remind us that, while we are to be subject to our leaders and pray for them, our votes are at the pleasure of the Almighty.  When all is said and done, He is in charge and has, since the beginning, put in charge whom he chooses.

I have long prayed that the Lord give us the leader we need.  Our culture has turned its back, and I fear that instead he has, and will, give us instead the leader we deserve.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2016, 05:32:41 pm »
If anyone thinks the reason that the left has forced their agenda on us is because Conservatives have been buying "bigger cars and homes" not only fail to see the Leftist use of class warfare in that statement but also the irony of their support for someone like Trump...who buys bigger and better on a daily basis.

It also shows how unserious and clueless Trump supporters are about how the left have managed to implementation their anti American policies.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2016, 05:37:34 pm »
Oh...I'm not bothered at all by that.   I just want to see him being capable of appearing strong...serious...and determined, without scaring the crap out of everybody.    :laugh:

@jedidah

Since you seem like the kind of a member I would get along with...if not for Trump (lol), let me shed some light on why I was from Donald Trump since he announced a year ago.

This is, in all likelihood, my last presidential election.  In my prism I see the United States of America under seige by a Domestic Enemy. 

And because we've been busy buying bigger homes and more expensive cars...we've let the Left take over our schools that are...from grade school to graduate school...indoctrination centers.

I know I'm not saying anything you don't already know.

But again, try looking at it from this old man's crying eyes.

I grew up on 30 minute Westerns, Chevy's "In the USA" campaign.   War movies depicting our success in WWII.   Our great Fore Fathers!  Christ!   We went to the moon!  (supposedly...lol)   How couldn't we see ourselves as "exceptional"??

And I am seeing firsthand, a success coup...using Political Correctness, by the Left to destroy our Republic as Founded...with Hillary Clinton given the pistol to give the coup de grace. 

So...in a few words... I don't give a bleep anymore.   

We've lost.   The best we can achieve is to hold the fort for 2 to 4 years.  2 years because history says mid-terms aren't kind to the incumbants.

And Donald Trump is going to be portrayed as a villain and evil for every bump in the road as he tries to save it.

I believe that.   The financial crash SHOULD have already happened.  And, like the one weeks before 2008's election, it will be manipulated to do so on purpose.

Why be in anyway responsible for a Hillary Clinton term?

Why would I want to spit on my fellow Americans? 

Because that's all 'those' Conservatives are doing.  Spitting on the American who can stand up for themselves.

It's why I'm on record here that I don't care if the Republican Party blows up.   It's only a name.   Whatever they end up calling it...it will be a strong Party that finally acts as on opposition party.

If there's even a House and a Senate to begin with.....

This is a good, thought-provoking response.

I'm actually the rare poster here who doesn't think things are as bad as people think. Not great, but I think it's been dire before. I am heartened by Trump's youth support on Reddit, who are patriotic and see the problems with unfettered illegal immigration, etc..

I just happen to think they made a terrible, terrible mistake in choosing Trump and many here agree with me.

Offline jedidah

« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2016, 05:42:04 pm »
@RoosGirl

I took @DCPatriot 's "we" to refer to the collective society rather than to you and me.  You're living rightly and responsibly, as did my spouse and I in rearing our (now very conservative and responsible adult) children.  Kudos.

But the good conservative folks in our society have indeed taken our eye off the ball.  Collectively, we've let the loud and nasty take over. 

Personally, I think it's just that we have spent our lives working hard, being good, helping our neighbors, living quietly and responsibly -- and meanwhile twisted ideology has loudly claimed too much of our culture.  They are nastier than we are.  Doing our own little part wasn't enough.

I know Trump supporters who are good, quiet, honorable people.  They're not like the hyenas on TOS.  And the absolute underpinning of their support for Trump is that they are angry because of what I said in the last paragraph.  They want him to fix it.  I have no reason to think he can or will even try.  But they are naively hopeful.

Offline bilo

« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2016, 05:42:39 pm »
Given the 'landscape', the GOP convention in Cleveland will be globally covered by the media.

It's my hope that this acceptance speech will mark a beginning of a 'presidential' persona.  I hope, with all my heart.

Fair enough, but how would a great speech erase all the lying about his opponents, demeaning women, attacking family of opponents, and crude behavior?

There is no way a majority of Americans will look at the man and consider him presidential.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2016, 05:46:52 pm »
Oh...I'm not bothered at all by that.   I just want to see him being capable of appearing strong...serious...and determined, without scaring the crap out of everybody.    :laugh:

@jedidah

Since you seem like the kind of a member I would get along with...if not for Trump (lol), let me shed some light on why I was from Donald Trump since he announced a year ago.

This is, in all likelihood, my last presidential election.  In my prism I see the United States of America under seige by a Domestic Enemy. 

I know I'm not saying anything you don't already know.

But again, try looking at it from this old man's crying eyes.

I grew up on 30 minute Westerns, Chevy's "In the USA" campaign.   War movies depicting our success in WWII.   Our great Fore Fathers!  Christ!   We went to the moon!  (supposedly...lol)   How couldn't we see ourselves as "exceptional"??

And I am seeing firsthand, a success coup...using Political Correctness, by the Left to destroy our Republic as Founded...with Hillary Clinton given the pistol to give the coup de grace. 

So...in a few words... I don't give a bleep anymore.   

We've lost.   The best we can achieve is to hold the fort for 2 to 4 years.  2 years because history says mid-terms aren't kind to the incumbants.

And Donald Trump is going to be portrayed as a villain and evil for every bump in the road as he tries to save it.

I believe that.   The financial crash SHOULD have already happened.  And, like the one weeks before 2008's election, it will be manipulated to do so on purpose.

Why be in anyway responsible for a Hillary Clinton term?

Why would I want to spit on my fellow Americans? 

Because that's all 'those' Conservatives are doing.  Spitting on the American who can stand up for themselves.

It's why I'm on record here that I don't care if the Republican Party blows up.   It's only a name.   Whatever they end up calling it...it will be a strong Party that finally acts as on opposition party.

If there's even a House and a Senate to begin with.....

:beer:  I get ya DC.  I grew up with spaghetti westerns, baseball and apple pie.  We learned about the Constitution, American government, American history, had to memorize the Declaration of Independence and we (and I still am) were proud to be Americans.  My father God bless him, up until the day he died, instilled in us that America is the greatest country on the face of this earth.

It's hard to stomach what has happened to our country and I sure as heck don't want to see the Constitution pushed aside anymore.

I'm still one of the delusional ones that is holding out hope; that eventually in the end conservatism will win. Hilary is indicted and the GOP nominates someone else.

Peace.  :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2016, 05:57:48 pm »
@RoosGirl

I took @DCPatriot 's "we" to refer to the collective society rather than to you and me.  You're living rightly and responsibly, as did my spouse and I in rearing our (now very conservative and responsible adult) children.  Kudos.

But the good conservative folks in our society have indeed taken our eye off the ball.  Collectively, we've let the loud and nasty take over. 

Personally, I think it's just that we have spent our lives working hard, being good, helping our neighbors, living quietly and responsibly -- and meanwhile twisted ideology has loudly claimed too much of our culture.  They are nastier than we are.  Doing our own little part wasn't enough.

I know Trump supporters who are good, quiet, honorable people.  They're not like the hyenas on TOS.  And the absolute underpinning of their support for Trump is that they are angry because of what I said in the last paragraph.  They want him to fix it.  I have no reason to think he can or will even try.  But they are naively hopeful.

I understood as you said above, and I gave an extreme reaction not so much in defense of myself but in spite of myself.  As you say, probably all of us here have worked hard and done the "right" thing.  I don't think there's anything special about doing what we are supposed to do.  But for @DCPatriot to turn that into it being our fault that things are the way they are because we spent our lives doing the right thing is as ridiculous as his previous statement (not here) of saying we need a" republican Obama with a pen" to fix the mess we are in.  And then to go further by telling me that I need to start doing the incorrect thing to elect that republican, well, I will stand quietly for that.

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2016, 06:35:09 pm »
I'd dump him in a heartbeat.  No forgiveness for going to the Dark Side.  No compromise with evil.

The only way that I'd follow Cruz to support Trump is if something major changed about Trump.  There's just not enough time left.  I really can't imagine how Trump could earn my trust.

I mentioned on another thread that I hoped for a delegate revolt at the election, to give the GOP a new candidate.  Again, no time left to bind the wounds that Trump has deliberately caused.  The GOP needs BOTH Trump and Cruz supporters to come together to win.  Trump's behaved as a progressive his entire life, and campaigned like one over the last year, attacking and lying about conservatives.  Now, by default, he appears to have the nomination sown up - with a minority of party support.  So, Donald, you have your nomination, congrats.  Go have fun with it because you're all alone out there.

Honestly, the only way to unite the GOP and see Hillary defeated in November is (1) Trump throws in the towel and supports the candidate with the most party and grass roots support, which would be Cruz, or (2) Trump keels over of natural causes.    If #2, maybe a Palin-Cruz ticket after that might pull things back together, or Cruz-Palin, or Cruz-somebody-else-not-GOPe.  For the Cruz haters out there, leaving out the only true conservative outsider in the GOP race would be suicidal for the GOP, but they could do it.  How about Romney-McCain?  Now that's a "sure winner", right?  Or Bush-Rubio.  Can't miss there.   :thud:

I just can't see a path to a GOP victory in November, regardless of whether Cruz supports THE DONALD or not.

Cruz didn't cause this problem.  Not even the GOP-e caused it (i.e. during the election; the entire Trump debacle is ultimately the GOP-e's legacy, after 2008 and 2012, and 50 years rejecting the Reagan legacy in favor of progressive-lite policies).

Nope, this election problem is all about Trump.  It's Trump's cake to bake, and it's pretty crispy at the moment.  Has anyone seen any serious movement by Trump to unite the party since he became the defacto nominee?  And, he actually is trying to win, or expects to??   I can tell you from reports I received from our GOP state election delegates, that the minority Trumpkins were out in force to change the platform and marginalize the GOP majority.  The did nothing to help bring support to Trump, and everything the could to permanently alienate GOP delegates from ever supporting Trump

Trump's in attack in divide mode, not in unify and win mode.  Donald, again congrats, that's one big "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" ya got going there. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 06:37:57 pm by OldSaltUSN »

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2016, 06:41:35 pm »
Oh, heck, if stumpy ran for governor of a state, served two terms as a conservative,  or even a right-ofcenter governor, wrote a book in defense of the unborn, and campaigned like heck for Republicans for the next ten years, I'd vote for him if he were the Republican nominee for president, with or without Sen. Cruz.  But like you said, not enough time between now and the convention.
Former Republican.

Offline sitetest

« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2016, 06:48:20 pm »
To bring the two factions together would require a graceful exit by stumpy.  I don't see that happening.

As a Cruzer, I'd be willing to hAve Sen. Cruz refuse the nomination upon the abdication of stumpy, and to support a candidate acceptable to all.  I saw Mitch Daniels mentioned.

If all that came to pass, I'd rate our chances in November as well above average.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 06:57:01 pm by sitetest »
Former Republican.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2016, 06:51:26 pm »
And what does this have to do with finding tool truck equivalents?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2016, 06:53:20 pm »
To bring the two factions together would require a graceful exit by stumpy.  I don't see that happening.

As a Cruzer, I'd be willing to hAve Sen. Cruz refuse the nomination upon the abdication of stumpy, and to support a candidate acceptable to all.  I saw Mitch Daniel's mentioned.

If all that came to pass, I'd rate our chances in November as well above average.

As much as I would like to see Cruz nominated, I have to admit that makes sense.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2016, 06:56:14 pm »
As much as I would like to see Cruz nominated, I have to admit that makes sense.

Ditto.   Much more sense than actually nominating Trump.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2016, 07:05:55 pm »

As a Cruzer, I'd be willing to hAve Sen. Cruz refuse the nomination upon the abdication of stumpy, and to support a candidate acceptable to all.  I saw Mitch Daniels mentioned.

Unfortunately, the best we could hope for would be a GOP-e retread.  Not sure if that win's against the butcher of Benghazi.

I'll tell ya what, IF Trump stepped down, and IF it's not Cruz, we're gonna have to think WAY outside the box.  Say, maybe Duncan Hunter, Jr. for VP, and someone who's both conservative, an effective campaigner, AND has a national presence, for the top spot on the ticket. 

I'm trying to think of someone.   Perhaps the best 16 candidates the GOP had, guys like Walker, Bobby Jindal, maybe Perry - have all been discredited due to their poor performance as national candidates. 

At the moment, my slate is empty.  Cruz was my "default" candidate, based only on his platform and consistent conservative actions while in office.  I don't have a real hero or champion, but Cruz will do for me.

Palin might have been able to step in, until she became super flaky with her blinders on, and her endorsement of Trump.  Her speeches have been bleaaahh, and I was a Palin supporter as of last year.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 07:07:34 pm by OldSaltUSN »

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2016, 07:12:09 pm »
When Zell Miller (D-Georgia) spoke at the 2004 GOP Convention...that was the signal that the era of the "patriotic" democrat was dead and buried.  They didn't want or need him in the Democrat Party anymore.

Ditto for Jim Webb... remember how wildly out of place he was during the dems' debate?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2016, 07:15:47 pm »
Unfortunately, the best we could hope for would be a GOP-e retread.  Not sure if that win's against the butcher of Benghazi.

I'll tell ya what, IF Trump stepped down, and IF it's not Cruz, we're gonna have to think WAY outside the box.  Say, maybe Duncan Hunter, Jr. for VP, and someone who's both conservative, an effective campaigner, AND has a national presence, for the top spot on the ticket. 

I'm trying to think of someone.   Perhaps the best 16 candidates the GOP had, guys like Walker, Bobby Jindal, maybe Perry - have all been discredited due to their poor performance as national candidates. 

At the moment, my slate is empty.  Cruz was my "default" candidate, based only on his platform and consistent conservative actions while in office.  I don't have a real hero or champion, but Cruz will do for me.

Palin might have been able to step in, until she became super flaky with her blinders on, and her endorsement of Trump.  Her speeches have been bleaaahh, and I was a Palin supporter as of last year.

I can think of one name immediately. Allen West!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2016, 07:17:19 pm »

Rand Paul might actually be an option. He's fairly popular with younger voters and he's somewhat of a Washington outsider.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 07:18:31 pm by Sanguine »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2016, 07:18:20 pm »
Maybe, maybe not.

Trump threw the dynamics of the primary into chaos. With someone predictable like Clinton in the mix, those obstacles won't be there. Now, some of them are indeed damaged goods (Rick Perry, I'm looking at you), and others who won't float (sorry, Jeb, but there won't be another President Bush for many, many years), but there are more than a few who would, I would think, still be viable. Walker, for example, left in the early stages of the race, long before the first primary, in an attempt to bring party unity against Trump. I firmly believe he could have come back had he stayed in longer, maybe not to first place, but at least a top-5 contender by the time Iowa came around. Jindal had a solid message, if not the greatest campaign structure—his best bet would be as a VP, I think.

Still, I think there are several candidates who didn't run who might also be viable. I'm thinking other blue-state governors, like Paul LePage or Rick Snyder.

Either way, the party is going to have to find a way to dispose of Trump that will leave his base with no wiggle room to cry foul. It has about as much of a chance as the other efforts at stopping Trump and Clinton.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sitetest

« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2016, 07:25:16 pm »

Someone like Mitch Daniels,  or Mike Pence would do for me.  They've been in the belly of the beast, but got out.  Daniels is currently president of Purdue.  MIke Pence  is Governor of Indiana.   On good terms with the establishment, but not really establishment themselves.

I think there are some folks who could make a good run in November,  and even win.
Former Republican.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2016, 07:48:58 pm »
@musiclady

I can see Cruz joining Trump in order to save the country.  He would do it for the country, not for himself as he would know some would think he was capitulating to Trump's views (whatever they might be at that point). 

Think about it - Cruz would know it wouldn't help him but he would do it to save the country from crazy Trump.  If Cruz was on the ticket, I would vote for it - that would be better than Hillary and at the moment, I would vote for her rather than Trump.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2016, 09:17:05 pm »

This is a good, thought-provoking response.

I'm actually the rare poster here who doesn't think things are as bad as people think. Not great, but I think it's been dire before. I am heartened by Trump's youth support on Reddit, who are patriotic and see the problems with unfettered illegal immigration, etc..

I just happen to think they made a terrible, terrible mistake in choosing Trump and many here agree with me.

Thank you, @Weird Tolkienish Figure

It's headlines...Friday nite dump...Obama has let 1 Million Muslims into the country since 2009. 

It was also reported that there have been 549 Syrians allowed into our country SINCE the ORLANDO shooting....and that 49 of them are being sent to Florida.

Obama now has the vehicle to declare Martial Law and suspend the Constitution.

Right now, he is ramrodding his changes through...as if there was no Congress...as if he were a monarch.

And it's not Summer yet.

Do you think Ted Cruz could take on this media onslaught of 24/7 [Cruz] is the Devil?  Gimme a break!

His father would become a YouTube superstar...or whatever they call it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've been think...if they want to pull this sh*t....I'd go 3rd Party...if the Republican Party doesn't want him.

Then, I write a cashier's check for services rendered to Bernie Sanders for $1 Billion dollars.  To run 4th Party.

Hey!!  Everybody complains about a crooked two party system...lets choose among 4.

I like Trump's chances.     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2016, 09:33:02 pm »
Had to cull that from your post, @ScottinVA  ....as that is EXACTLY why Donald Trump can beat 16 other REPUBLICAN candidates and become the GOP Nominee and ultimately the POTUS.

Having "...moved dramatically leftward", IS the reason that the Reagan Blue Dog will rise like a Phoenix for the ashes to support a man not associated with the agenda of the Democrat Party....which is sprinting toward a European Socialist government.   They will support the alternative....just as I had decided to do the day he announced a year ago.

The DEMS always overreach.

Well.. while I appreciate your sunny, hopeful idealism... Attaining a plurality among a crowded field in the primary is far, far different than winning over an increasingly leftist general election populace.  And like I mentioned in another thread.. most of the Reagan Democrats are either dead or in nursing homes.  They're nearly nonexistent now.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2016, 09:51:17 pm »
@musiclady

I can see Cruz joining Trump in order to save the country.  He would do it for the country, not for himself as he would know some would think he was capitulating to Trump's views (whatever they might be at that point). 

Think about it - Cruz would know it wouldn't help him but he would do it to save the country from crazy Trump.  If Cruz was on the ticket, I would vote for it - that would be better than Hillary and at the moment, I would vote for her rather than Trump.

You're right that, if Cruz accepted the VP slot, it would be out of love of country, but I still don't think he would accept considering that Trump basically doesn't believe a single thing that a conservative like Cruz believes, and the fact that he knows Trump completely lacks character.

That said, I would be shocked if Trump asked.  He has said in interviews that he likes to surround himself with unsuccessful people  so that they look up to him and listen to what he says.

Somewhere, underneath that ugly, egotistical façade, Trump has to know that Cruz is light years more intelligent, well read, and accomplished than he is.  I don't think he'd ever choose someone that much better than he is...

(Of course, it's pretty much impossible to come up with a Republican who's worse than he is....)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.