Author Topic: Why people like Donald.  (Read 22980 times)

Offline runnerrunner

Re: Why people like Donald.
« Reply #225 on: June 15, 2016, 11:32:49 pm »
Then you should agree that Donald Trump's attitudes about women are inappropriate even for a decent man, let alone the President.

The women of the United States (AND the men) deserve better than to have a degenerate in the WH.

The ship has sailed already. This problem is bigger then Donald. And I'm sorry, many conservatives that don't post online don't agree with you.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 11:36:03 pm by runnerrunner »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #226 on: June 15, 2016, 11:39:56 pm »
The ship has sailed already. This problem is bigger then Donald. And I'm sorry, many conservatives that don't post online don't agree with you.

So........... if the problem is already bad, you're for the guy who will make it worse?  Did I get that right?  And that makes sense to you?

As for these "conservatives" not posting on line, it would behoove you to provide a little proof for that.  Many a soul who claims to be "conservative" is not even close.  Donald Trump is a Progressive Democrat, so if those "conservatives" are voting for him, then they must be in agreement with his liberal positions.  Ergo, they are not actually conservative.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

« Reply #227 on: June 15, 2016, 11:51:18 pm »
I hear about this but I tack it up to urban legend. Never in my 54 years have I ever been cussed out or yelled out for holding a door open for a woman.

@CatherineofAragon

@roamer_1

I don't know about that.  A couple of years ago I was in the grocery store, and a man, navigating his shopping cart between mine and that of the woman on the opposite side of the aisle, excused himself and wished us a good afternoon.  The woman looked after him and yelled (and I do mean yelled), "Who cares!  You're just a man anyway.  No one wants to hear from you."  I almost fell out.  She looked at me and laughed as though she expected I'd get the joke, or whatever it was.

Silver Pines

« Reply #228 on: June 15, 2016, 11:54:00 pm »
You can't teach a Troglodyte to be a gentleman.  Otherwise it would be so easy.... a caveman could do it.

Can I just say that I am so tired of hearing "gentleman" used to describe everything from bank robbers to terrorists?  Words mean something, and not every male is a gentleman.

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2016, 11:58:55 pm »
So........... if the problem is already bad, you're for the guy who will make it worse?  Did I get that right?  And that makes sense to you?

As for these "conservatives" not posting on line, it would behoove you to provide a little proof for that.  Many a soul who claims to be "conservative" is not even close.  Donald Trump is a Progressive Democrat, so if those "conservatives" are voting for him, then they must be in agreement with his liberal positions.  Ergo, they are not actually conservative.

Or maybe they don't think that. Many people have their own definitions of conservative, if we have learned anything from this year.

Agreed.
Can I just say that I am so tired of hearing "gentleman" used to describe everything from bank robbers to terrorists?  Words mean something, and not every male is a gentleman.

Agreed.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 12:25:04 am by runnerrunner »

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #230 on: June 16, 2016, 12:02:54 am »
That's frequently true of @uglybiker 's statements.

Aw shucks! 888catlicking
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Silver Pines

« Reply #231 on: June 16, 2016, 12:23:44 am »

Donald is a pretty sizeable problem himself.  Personally, I wouldn't support him even if I was alone in not doing so.  I tend not to follow along behind people who jump off cliffs.

Wait until the Democrats unleash Trump's history on the voting public.  People who like him now, or at least would vote for him, will be finding out some very unpleasant things about the man.  We who follow politics are aware of his nature and his past, but many are not--yet.  His approval ratings will crater even more, if that's possible.

It's only barely begun.  Have you seen the ad where the parents of the disabled child talk about Trump mocking the reporter?

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #232 on: June 16, 2016, 12:25:43 am »
Donald is a pretty sizeable problem himself.  Personally, I wouldn't support him even if I was alone in not doing so.  I tend not to follow along behind people who jump off cliffs.

Wait until the Democrats unleash Trump's history on the voting public.  People who like him now, or at least would vote for him, will be finding out some very unpleasant things about the man.  We who follow politics are aware of his nature and his past, but many are not--yet.  His approval ratings will crater even more, if that's possible.

It's only barely begun.  Have you seen the ad where the parents of the disabled child talk about Trump mocking the reporter?
Yup. I bet Trump will counter with Benghazi though.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #233 on: June 16, 2016, 12:31:03 am »
Or maybe they don't think that. Many people have their own definitions of conservative, if we have learned anything from this year.

And NONE of those definitions include Donald Trump, in character or policy.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #234 on: June 16, 2016, 01:14:49 am »

No kidding!  The kind of thing where the eyewitness says: "and, then the gentleman hits the other gentleman over the head with a beer bottle for saying _)(*(&^&% about his momma".   What do they think "gentleman" means or is that just too much thinking?

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #235 on: June 16, 2016, 01:57:25 am »
And NONE of those definitions include Donald Trump, in character or policy.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
Where was this push back against romney.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #236 on: June 16, 2016, 02:02:03 am »

Seriously?  There was a lot of push-back against Romney!  I, for one, was furious that the GOP would give us exactly the wrong type of candidate to win in these times.

And, for the record, I think Mitt Romney is a decent man.  I don't care for his left-of-center politics, but his integrity is without question.  Well, except for that hair-cutting incident in high school.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #237 on: June 16, 2016, 02:08:50 am »
Seriously?  There was a lot of push-back against Romney!  I, for one, was furious that the GOP would give us exactly the wrong type of candidate to win in these times.

And, for the record, I think Mitt Romney is a decent man.  I don't care for his left-of-center politics, but his integrity is without question.  Well, except for that hair-cutting incident in high school.

No.  No.   It was the dog on the roof that was so despicable. Don't you remember??

btw, completely agree with you about Romney.  Not a conservative.  Lots and lots and lots of pushback.  But he was and is a decent human being.

Trump isn't even in the ballpark.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #238 on: June 16, 2016, 02:09:41 am »

How old were you when Romney was running?   Were you on any internet forums?   Doesn't sound like it......

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #239 on: June 16, 2016, 02:14:13 am »

You want a conversation about what "conservative" means, look here.  Start at the end and work you way back.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,206352.0.html

People may have their own definitions, but that doesn't mean they're right.

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #240 on: June 16, 2016, 02:39:58 am »

No.  No.   It was the dog on the roof that was so despicable. Don't you remember??

btw, completely agree with you about Romney.  Not a conservative.  Lots and lots and lots of pushback.  But he was and is a decent human being.

Trump isn't even in the ballpark.
How old were you when Romney was running?   Were you on any internet forums?   Doesn't sound like it......

No I wasn't and I was only 21 back then.
You want a conversation about what "conservative" means, look here.  Start at the end and work you way back.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,206352.0.html

People may have their own definitions, but that doesn't mean they're right.

I guess American Thinker, Breitbart and Gateway Pundit are not conservative.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #241 on: June 16, 2016, 02:45:35 am »
No I wasn't and I was only 21 back then.
I guess American Thinker, Breitbart and Gateway Pundit are not conservative.

They're Trump house organs.  Which means they're not conservative.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #242 on: June 16, 2016, 02:48:55 am »
I don't understand putting so much stock in one specific or several specific news or talk show outlets.  Are we collectively too stupid to read an article and parse through the BS to get to the meat of the matter and figure out for ourselves (compare it to our own belief system) what it means?  Of course, if your belief system shifts with the wind, then yes, I guess we are.

geronl

« Reply #243 on: June 16, 2016, 06:05:12 am »

I reject the idea of voting for a degenerate like Trump. ever.

The GOP has lost me.

geronl

« Reply #244 on: June 16, 2016, 06:07:32 am »

Just remember that military decisions are not made by the Secretary of State, they are made by the President.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Why I like Donald.
« Reply #245 on: June 16, 2016, 06:58:53 am »
Who cares about that... this is exactly what I'm talking about. You heard this, you heard that, etc. I'm talking about right now. And right now, he says he would deport 11 million illegals. A part of his platform.
Eleven million illegals? A drop in the bucket. We heard that number 25 years ago, and it hasn't exactly been static--especially with the arranged rushes to the border.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #246 on: June 16, 2016, 08:39:35 am »
Of course he told Donald to run. The dots connect too much. She would be losing against Rubio or Kasich right now.

I am number 5. I think the number 1's felt or feel the Tea Party failed in its objectives, and now it's time to take the gloves off with the Alt Right.
No matter how you wrap it, the TEA party folks were spot-on. That doesn't mean they were not fooled by a wide assortment of candidates who forgot all about the TEA party once elected and got 'Beltway Fever' in record time. The TEA party people did not so much fail as they were betrayed, with rare exception.
Now, I'd like to think those in the non-lickspittle Democrat segment of the voting public learned something from that. I would like to think they would be a little more careful when it came to selecting a candidate in the future, look at past records, past positions on issues, study the behaviour of a candidate, his personal actions, whether those be in business, in politics, or both, and examine apparent anomalies to find out whether they were as presented (shallowly) by the press, or something else misrepresented by a media even more hostile to the TEA party than the GOP.  That examination generally indicated that media coverage to be incomplete at best, misleading at worst.
At the end of that process, I had my list of candidates.

I was amused by Mr. Trump bearding all the 'right people' at all the right times, and by his energetic bomb throwing and attack on political correctness. Keep in mind we can be politically incorrect without being crude or rude, by just stating politically incorrect facts.

That did not blind me to the business dealings of Mr. Trump, from property acquisitions, to unfulfilled promises (both in the real estate and university sector), nor to the serial replacement of the last wife with a newer trophy. I also noticed that among the much touted successes in business, there were also some unmentioned, well, defeats. I noticed character flaws which included the assignation of a prefix pejorative to the names of those he was in disagreement with, something which appeared juvenile at best, slanderous at worst.

Then I looked for substance in what he said, and found broad brush bumpersticker slogans backed with little in the way of how these great projects were going to be achieved.  I saw backing for an organization, even praise, which I thought should be under indictment, not receiving Federal (taxpayer) funding and a history of making political contributions which seemed more aimed at cronyistic access than driven by any political ideology.

None of this added up to someone I wanted to be the leader of the free world, nor did it invoke confidence that the numerous blanks left in the how-to end of policy would be filled in as people seemed to assume.  The more I learned about Mr. Trump, the less I liked him as a candidate for POTUS.

On the other hand, there was a fellow, oft accused of being ambitious (Who, who runs for public office isn't?), who is a first term Senator who had pretty much fulfilled those promises made as he campaigned. He was not well liked by the GOP(e) because he would not just join in the good ol' boy games and play nice with McConnel and Boehner and others who were the reason for the TEA party movement in the first place, the same people a crop of freshman Congressmen had been sent to neutralize and hopefully do things like repeal Obamacare...
This person was far more consistent in doing what he said he was going to do, but had a track record of upholding Constitutional principles even before that. He was my first choice.

Second place went to a fellow who had endured a recall, among other things, but he folded fast.
I still thought he might make a good VP candidate. 

Third place was vacated by a doctor who started making some odd statements about gun control (deal breaker).

Oh, and that bomb thrower? The guy who promised to make America Great Again? Well, he blew it in Iowa. Coming on the heels of one candidate saying he would do away with the renewable fuels mandate and invoking the extreme ire of the Governor of Iowa who said 'he must be defeated, whatever it takes' (The Governor's son is an Ethanol Lobbyist), the bomb thrower said he'd seek to increase that mandate, and use the EPA to the fullest extent of the law to enforce it.

For those of us who know the damage that rogue agency had done to American industry with arbitrary and capricious mandates, standards, and rule makings, there was an instant cognitive disconnect between keeping that agency, much less reinforcing it and "Making America Great Again".

I knew then I could not support Mr. Trump as a candidate for POTUS, and everything I have found out since has only reinforced that position.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online LMAO

« Reply #247 on: June 16, 2016, 12:04:57 pm »

That will have limited, if any, effect. That's already factored in people's dislike of her. There was a poll that came out a couple years ago were the majority took a dim view of her tenure as SOS and most of it revolved around Benghazi. Trump won't be able to make much out of it. Nor her corruption as that's already factored in her negatives
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Oceander

« Reply #248 on: June 16, 2016, 12:13:05 pm »

You must have been out in the middle of the desert, totally disconnected from all forms of communication, for the past few years.  Talk about ships that have already sailed.  That one not only sailed, it's back in port, and fully factored into most everyone's views on Clinton already. 

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #249 on: June 16, 2016, 05:33:57 pm »
No matter how you wrap it, the TEA party folks were spot-on. That doesn't mean they were not fooled by a wide assortment of candidates who forgot all about the TEA party once elected and got 'Beltway Fever' in record time. The TEA party people did not so much fail as they were betrayed, with rare exception.
Now, I'd like to think those in the non-lickspittle Democrat segment of the voting public learned something from that. I would like to think they would be a little more careful when it came to selecting a candidate in the future, look at past records, past positions on issues, study the behaviour of a candidate, his personal actions, whether those be in business, in politics, or both, and examine apparent anomalies to find out whether they were as presented (shallowly) by the press, or something else misrepresented by a media even more hostile to the TEA party than the GOP.  That examination generally indicated that media coverage to be incomplete at best, misleading at worst.
At the end of that process, I had my list of candidates.

I was amused by Mr. Trump bearding all the 'right people' at all the right times, and by his energetic bomb throwing and attack on political correctness. Keep in mind we can be politically incorrect without being crude or rude, by just stating politically incorrect facts.

That did not blind me to the business dealings of Mr. Trump, from property acquisitions, to unfulfilled promises (both in the real estate and university sector), nor to the serial replacement of the last wife with a newer trophy. I also noticed that among the much touted successes in business, there were also some unmentioned, well, defeats. I noticed character flaws which included the assignation of a prefix pejorative to the names of those he was in disagreement with, something which appeared juvenile at best, slanderous at worst.

Then I looked for substance in what he said, and found broad brush bumpersticker slogans backed with little in the way of how these great projects were going to be achieved.  I saw backing for an organization, even praise, which I thought should be under indictment, not receiving Federal (taxpayer) funding and a history of making political contributions which seemed more aimed at cronyistic access than driven by any political ideology.

None of this added up to someone I wanted to be the leader of the free world, nor did it invoke confidence that the numerous blanks left in the how-to end of policy would be filled in as people seemed to assume.  The more I learned about Mr. Trump, the less I liked him as a candidate for POTUS.

On the other hand, there was a fellow, oft accused of being ambitious (Who, who runs for public office isn't?), who is a first term Senator who had pretty much fulfilled those promises made as he campaigned. He was not well liked by the GOP(e) because he would not just join in the good ol' boy games and play nice with McConnel and Boehner and others who were the reason for the TEA party movement in the first place, the same people a crop of freshman Congressmen had been sent to neutralize and hopefully do things like repeal Obamacare...
This person was far more consistent in doing what he said he was going to do, but had a track record of upholding Constitutional principles even before that. He was my first choice.

Second place went to a fellow who had endured a recall, among other things, but he folded fast.
I still thought he might make a good VP candidate. 

Third place was vacated by a doctor who started making some odd statements about gun control (deal breaker).

Oh, and that bomb thrower? The guy who promised to make America Great Again? Well, he blew it in Iowa. Coming on the heels of one candidate saying he would do away with the renewable fuels mandate and invoking the extreme ire of the Governor of Iowa who said 'he must be defeated, whatever it takes' (The Governor's son is an Ethanol Lobbyist), the bomb thrower said he'd seek to increase that mandate, and use the EPA to the fullest extent of the law to enforce it.

For those of us who know the damage that rogue agency had done to American industry with arbitrary and capricious mandates, standards, and rule makings, there was an instant cognitive disconnect between keeping that agency, much less reinforcing it and "Making America Great Again".

I knew then I could not support Mr. Trump as a candidate for POTUS, and everything I have found out since has only reinforced that position.
I can agree with some of this. At least Trumps faults were out there. The Tea Party got co opted, went to washington and did nothing but turn people away from the republican party. They were are fraud at the end, and it lead to Trump.

You must have been out in the middle of the desert, totally disconnected from all forms of communication, for the past few years.  Talk about ships that have already sailed.  That one not only sailed, it's back in port, and fully factored into most everyone's views on Clinton already. 

That will have limited, if any, effect. That's already factored in people's dislike of her. There was a poll that came out a couple years ago were the majority took a dim view of her tenure as SOS and most of it revolved around Benghazi. Trump won't be able to make much out of it. Nor her corruption as that's already factored in her negatives

What else can he do? How can he attack Hillary then?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 05:34:45 pm by runnerrunner »