Author Topic: Why people like Donald.  (Read 22985 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Why people like Donald.
« Reply #175 on: June 14, 2016, 02:16:30 am »
Thank you for demonstrating what passes for lucidity in the #NeverTrump movement. Did you think that up all by your lonesome? Or did you take your cues from the other antiTrump Rhode scholars around here?

I swear earlier today you were on a different thread complaining about personal attacks. Must have been someone else.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #176 on: June 14, 2016, 02:16:45 am »

Ok, so what is your solution?

Easy.  Don't vote for Donald Trump.   :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #177 on: June 14, 2016, 02:17:00 am »
The cultural divides in this country are becoming more and more pronounced by the hour!  I've noticed it just in where the ardent Trump supporters were raised and live.

I would imagine there is truth in that. But the infection is spreading, even to the heartland. I see it in the city kids here. It's not small town America anymore until you get outside of town. I moved just a mile out of town a few years back and the difference is profound.

We need to go back to Mayberry.

Offline runnerrunner

Re: Why I like Donald.
« Reply #178 on: June 14, 2016, 02:17:46 am »
I cannot believe we have gotten 7 pages in to discussion on this when OP couldn't even answer the first question correctly.  What has Trump ever done but talk talk talk about immigration?  Oh yeah, he imported foreign workers for his projects.
Again, you would find a way to complain about what he was doing.

Offline runnerrunner

« Reply #179 on: June 14, 2016, 02:18:35 am »
You are absolutely correct.  Many young women now think it's OK to be degraded and used by young men.  Some even seek it out.

Without a spiritual revival, IMO, the damage done is irreparable.

Easy.  Don't vote for Donald Trump.   :patriot:
Or you could allow men to take control again?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:38:44 am by runnerrunner »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #180 on: June 14, 2016, 02:19:23 am »
[quote author=roamer_1 link=topic=211563.msg926610#msg926610 

Perhaps it is time to define the difference between PC and tradition. It seems folks can't see the difference any longer.  @don-o , this might be another good subject for your board.

@LadyLiberty  @roamer_1  @Sanguine
@RAT Patrol @Norm Lenhart  @CatherineofAragon
[/quote]

Sounds like.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/board,116.0.html

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #181 on: June 14, 2016, 02:20:01 am »
Again, you would find a way to complain about what he was doing.

You have no idea whether I would complain about it or not because no one has been able to answer the question with even one example.  You cannot answer the question by referring to his campaign website.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2016, 02:20:25 am »

So you don't think society has changed, from say...1956?

Not where I am... at least once you get out of town.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #183 on: June 14, 2016, 02:21:02 am »

You really need to learn to format.  Please??

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #184 on: June 14, 2016, 02:22:10 am »
I would imagine there is truth in that. But the infection is spreading, even to the heartland. I see it in the city kids here. It's not small town America anymore until you get outside of town. I moved just a mile out of town a few years back and the difference is profound.

We need to go back to Mayberry.

Only Sheriff Andy needs to be a Conservative and not a liberal like that Griffith guy was....  ^-^

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #185 on: June 14, 2016, 02:23:14 am »
You really need to learn to format.  Please??

Well at least you know he's not @A-Lert!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #186 on: June 14, 2016, 02:23:51 am »
  Well at least you know he's not @A-Lert!    :laugh:

Ha!  That's true, friend.  That's true!  :beer:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #187 on: June 14, 2016, 02:24:03 am »
I must jump in here.  I hold traditional and honorable values as darn near sacred.  While there is no perfect human being, I have raised twin sons who each have his parents values who have the values of those who have gone before us.  They are polite, honor and respect the aged, treat everyone with dignity and never injure the family name.

And THAT is the truth.

BRAVO. That is what it's all about.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #188 on: June 14, 2016, 02:26:30 am »
@runnerrunner 

Being "tired" of feminism has absolutely NOTHING to do with treating women like dirt.  Being "tired" of feminism has absolutely NOTHING to do with cheating on multiple wives and looking at women as nothing more than sex objects.  Being "tired" of feminism has absolutely NOTHING to do with excusing Donald J. Trump's vulgar behavior toward women.

Find another excuse, son.  That one is stupid.

Yup.   :silly:

I will reiterate, yet again: The opposite of 'PC' is not 'Boorish Ass'.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #189 on: June 14, 2016, 02:27:42 am »
Yup.   :silly:

I will reiterate, yet again: The opposite of 'PC' is not 'Boorish Ass'.

Worth repeating........... MANY times.  :patriot:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #190 on: June 14, 2016, 02:33:46 am »
My last post for the evening.........

Being pro-abortion is being PC, and is being anti-woman.

Trump is pro-abortion, therefore he IS "PC" and he IS against women.  (How many abortions did he pay his women to have??)

The "we love Trump because he's not PC" is a crock.  And "we love Trump because he tells it like it is" is even worse.

He lies with almost every breath he takes.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #191 on: June 14, 2016, 02:40:06 am »
It's not just the young men not learning the right way to treat women, the young women see it also and assume it's OK to be treated that way.

The other way around. I wish that their eldresses would insist upon informing those young women otherwise. It is they who must insist upon being treated like a lady when the boys come around.

The female holds all the cards in courtship (and most of them in marriage). Sorry if it's crass, but that little sugar-shaker holds more power than dynamite. Wrap it in the mystique and genteel manners of a true lady, and it's nuclear.

I can't imagine why women would give up that power to accept being kicked around.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #192 on: June 14, 2016, 02:46:00 am »
Or you could allow men to take control again?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! :silly: You forgot to say please.  :tongue2:

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #193 on: June 14, 2016, 02:58:55 am »
You're not wrong here, but that was years ago. Things have changed in america. Not for the better.

If I agreed with that logic (which I don't), then why not vote for Hillary?   After all, it's a different world now, so anything is acceptable.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #194 on: June 14, 2016, 03:04:40 am »
Immigration.

But does it matter? Nothing is good enough for some people.

Bzzt. The challenge was to name a cause he CONSISTENTLY has championed, not one he's championing recently.

To debunk the consistent part, we could pull out this...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarrasquillo/that-time-donald-trump-had-a-meeting-with-dreamers-and-said?utm_term=.qjx4VxDPP#.mkmXBMDOO

...or simply turn to the visa workers and illegal immigrants he's employed in favor of domestic talent on his building projects or as seasonal help on his resort.

So... you lose this round.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #195 on: June 14, 2016, 03:12:19 am »
The other way around. I wish that their eldresses would insist upon informing those young women otherwise. It is they who must insist upon being treated like a lady when the boys come around.

The female holds all the cards in courtship (and most of them in marriage). Sorry if it's crass, but that little sugar-shaker holds more power than dynamite. Wrap it in the mystique and genteel manners of a true lady, and it's nuclear.

I can't imagine why women would give up that power to accept being kicked around.

:amen:

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2016, 03:15:39 am »
@runnerrunner 

Being "tired" of feminism has absolutely NOTHING to do with treating women like dirt.  Being "tired" of feminism has absolutely NOTHING to do with cheating on multiple wives and looking at women as nothing more than sex objects.  Being "tired" of feminism has absolutely NOTHING to do with excusing Donald J. Trump's vulgar behavior toward women.

Find another excuse, son.  That one is stupid.

Exactly.  If anything, men that treated women like that encouraged the feminist movement. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #197 on: June 14, 2016, 11:17:03 am »
Ha!  That's true, friend.  That's true!  :beer:

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

« Reply #198 on: June 14, 2016, 11:49:35 pm »
I like this forum a lot. Just found it and it’s a good place to talk. But let me make this short. I like Donald because he says it how most people would and he punches back hard. Most conservatives are more interested in policy papers and their “principles” which include losing the country, rather than winning. I’d rather take someone who is 70 percent conservative that can actually win a national election

I see a lot of conservative women complaining about his misogyny. Are we anti PC or not? And a lot of men in middle America still believe that  “traditional values” includes women staying at home with the kids and the man working, go ask an evangelical if you don’t believe me. His rhetoric is no different than the many college frats and their members in the USA. That's how a lot, and I mean a huge amount, of men talk about women. They even do it in the conservative movement, you just don't see because they aren't running for president. So do conservatives support political correctness or not? Do conservative women want the same special treatment liberal women get? Do we still have a group that actually believes in traditional values, or just going to church every Sunday is enough for you?

For years conservatives have bemoaned illegal immigration. How do you know he won’t do what that? How do you know any of the other candidates will? Do you want Americans to get their jobs back? Do you want a strong response to Terrorism? Free Trade, could the base be any clearer they don’t like it. Seems only true conservatives on the internet defend it. These same true conservatives work at nonprofit think tanks which don’t produce… anything.

For many Americans, things have just changed too much. This is bigger than true conservatism, Obama or Hillary. They see a country in decline and this is the last chance to stop it.

First, let me say that I've never liked Donald Trump.  He's always been a gasbag braggart, and most people don't find those qualities very likeable.  As I've watched him in action this past year, I've come to detest him.  Ben Shapiro nailed it when he called Trump a "garbage human being."

Have you seen the video of Trump openly mocking the disabled journalist?  It's disgraceful...what kind of person does that?

Trump has proven himself to be a habitual liar.  I don't believe a thing he says.  Almost everything that comes out of his mouth has an expiration date; it's true until he walks it back or until someone in his campaign says it wasn't meant to be taken literally.  I honestly don't understand why anyone takes the man seriously.  Well, yes, I do....anger and desperation.  Still no excuse.

As for female conservatives taking issue with Trump's remarks, let me clue you in on something.  I'm not a feminist.  I'm a pretty traditional woman.  But Donald Trump is on record as having said, "You have to treat women like s--t."  If you think I'm fool enough to vote for a person who holds me in such utter contempt, well...you're mistaken. 

Trump isn't a strong man.  He's just arrogant and not that smart. 

@runnerrunner

Silver Pines

« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2016, 11:51:56 pm »
Right, so we can talk about rumors, are we can go with public statements or immigration. Who cares if he called women pigs. No one in middle america does. Can women take jokes or not? And we call men pigs all the time, is that okay? This  brings me back to my original question: Are conservative women PC? That makes them no different then liberal women.
But he was right. And I saw the prior tweets.
 Yeah we do. You are either PC or not. No middle ground.  Now tell me, traditional gender roles, or no?

You seem to think "conservative woman" is another term for "doormat."

It isn't.

@runnerrunner