Author Topic: RNC's Priebus: Anti-Trump, Third Party Efforts a 'Suicide Mission'  (Read 20423 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: RNC's Priebus: Anti-Trump, Third Party Efforts a 'Suicide Mission'
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2016, 09:30:28 pm »
The only people lying to themselves are those who believe a right wing conservative ideologue will be elected POTUS now or in the foreseeable future. Realism... you can live in fantasyland if you choose.

I live in a world where principled conservatism means exactly that. "Realist" is another way of saying "I'll go with whatever".

Thats a Moderate. And thats fine. You do that with pride. Maybe you can help me because I have never understood this burning need moderates have for identifying as conservatives. This isn't like Donald's tranny bathroom thing. Conservatism is a well defined gender. You haZ it and you are it or you arent. "Realist" is a nice sounding word though. In your reality it might even apply. But it ain't Conservatism. Bu definition. Because as we already established, words mean things.

Realist
 noun
1. a person who tends to view or represent things as they really are.

So you are just swell with things as they are in America. Conservatives clearly are not. Take it up with Webster.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 09:32:00 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2016, 09:31:18 pm »
What has changed? The Republican party is still the minority party. I'm a realist. You can go ahead and do whatever you please, cut off your nose to spite your face, stew in your own bitter juices. No right wing conservative ideologue is going to win now or in the foreseeable future.
That's only because the people are brainwashed. Break the culture of dependency and the country will heal, but not a day before that. Without that, all of this is meaningless.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

A-Lert

« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2016, 09:35:28 pm »
Are you a Democrat or just a liberal? 

*hmmmm*

A right wing conservative realist. Probably a foreign concept to holier-than-thou ideologues.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2016, 09:36:17 pm »
A right wing conservative realist. Probably a foreign concept to holier-than-thou ideologues.

We established above you arent.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2016, 09:44:53 pm »
Only thing #neverTrump has established is its not too smart and has tons of bad information. What makes it worse is #neverTrump does not care its being fed disinformation by liberals yet still is so emotional it will fight to elect Hillary.
Fact, conservatives do not support Hillary, by action or inaction.

The honorable thing to do if #neverTrump was conservative would be to not attack Trump and spread the lies the liberals running it tell them. Since all the stated goals: busted convention, 3rd party, depressed republican voting base etc all result in Hillary. And that ends America.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2016, 09:47:26 pm »
The honorable thing to do if #neverTrump was conservative would be to not attack Trump and spread the lies the liberals running it tell them. Since all the stated goals: busted convention, 3rd party, depressed republican voting base etc all result in Hillary. And that ends America.
America ended four years ago when Obama got re-elected. I'm sorry you missed the memo.

If we want any chance of restoring it to something viable, it's not going to be done with a Hillary stooge like Donald Trump.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2016, 09:49:32 pm »
Only thing #neverTrump has established is its not too smart and has tons of bad information. What makes it worse is #neverTrump does not care its being fed disinformation by liberals yet still is so emotional it will fight to elect Hillary.
Fact, conservatives do not support Hillary, by action or inaction.

The honorable ANYTHING for an American, much less a Conservative to do is defend his country from liberal garbage regardless whose name is attached or to what party they claim to be a part of. Join us or them. This is binary. Vote for a conservative.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2016, 09:50:17 pm »
America ended four years ago when Obama got re-elected. I'm sorry you missed the memo.

If we want any chance of restoring it to something viable, it's not going to be done with a Hillary stooge like Donald Trump.
We are not yet ended, America still has an armed population. And for now its still majority Americans in it. That will not last long at all with Hillary in office.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2016, 09:51:35 pm »
We are not yet ended, America still has an armed population. And for now its still majority Americans in it. That will not last long at all with Hillary in office.

No, it ended. The majority voted for dems and liberal republicans three elections in a row.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2016, 09:54:03 pm »
The honorable ANYTHING for an American, much less a Conservative to do is defend his country from liberal garbage regardless whose name is attached or to what party they claim to be a part of. Join us or them. This is binary. Vote for a conservative.
Nothing you are doing now is towards that goal. Its only helping make it worse. The fact is our "leadership" in DC will NOT oppose a democrat with a victim card. They will however oppose a Republican tooth and nail. So we get at least some control over the office whereas we will have none with  democrat in it.

A-Lert

« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2016, 09:55:03 pm »
I live in a world where principled conservatism means exactly that. "Realist" is another way of saying "I'll go with whatever".

Wrong again. Being a realist means I understand that I'm not going to get everything I want, when I want and where I want it.

Thats a Moderate. And thats fine. You do that with pride. Maybe you can help me because I have never understood this burning need moderates have for identifying as conservatives. This isn't like Donald's tranny bathroom thing. Conservatism is a well defined gender. You haZ it and you are it or you arent. "Realist" is a nice sounding word though. In your reality it might even apply. But it ain't Conservatism. Bu definition. Because as we already established, words mean things.

I've never understood how all the holier-than-thou conservatives get to define and choose who is the "true, perfect" conservative. Ronald Reagan voted for FDR 4 times. Is Reagan disqualified from the "exclusive" conservative club? I'm afraid ideologues can't be helped. They wear blinders.

Realist
 noun

Yes, the Republican party is the minority party and its candidates need votes from independents and democrats to win national elections.

So you are just swell with things as they are in America. Conservatives clearly are not. Take it up with Webster.

If I were swell with things as they are, I wouldn't care if Hillary became POTUS. That appears to be the attitude of the neverTrumps.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conservatism

Full Definition of conservatism

capitalized a :  the principles and policies of a Conservative party b :  the Conservative party

a :  disposition in politics to preserve what is established b :  a political philosophy based on tradition and social stability, stressing established institutions, and preferring gradual development to abrupt change; specifically :  such a philosophy calling for lower taxes, limited government regulation of business and investing, a strong national defense, and individual financial responsibility for personal needs (as retirement income or health-care coverage)

:  the tendency to prefer an existing or traditional situation to change

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2016, 09:55:57 pm »
Okay.  Start your own party. Go...and Godspeed.

Sure. I'll keep looking for alternatives.

In the same spirit, bear in mind that there are forum alternatives where they LOVE Trump, and dissent is not tolerated.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2016, 09:56:27 pm »
Nothing you are doing now is towards that goal. Its only helping make it worse. The fact is our "leadership" in DC will NOT oppose a democrat with a victim card. They will however oppose a Republican tooth and nail. So we get at least some control over the office whereas we will have none with  democrat in it.

I'm working to elect conservatives. You arent. End of.

A-Lert

« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2016, 09:57:49 pm »

I've established through your posts that you are a holier-than-thou, right wing ideologue wearing blinders.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2016, 09:59:34 pm »
And yet you support a man who comes from a state that imposed the SAFE Act a few years ago and a city that overwhelmingly supports it? Trump never said anything against the attempts at gun control in his own state. He could have run for Governor two years ago, but he refused because of his ego.

Wingnut

« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2016, 10:01:25 pm »
Word out to Rancid Prius...I am a follower of Saint Bartholomew.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2016, 10:02:38 pm »
What has changed? The Republican party is still the minority party. I'm a realist. You can go ahead and do whatever you please, cut off your nose to spite your face, stew in your own bitter juices. No right wing conservative ideologue is going to win now or in the foreseeable future.

Right wing ideologue eh.      Nice of you to find ally admit Trump isn't a conservative.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2016, 10:02:46 pm »

Wrong again. Being a realist means I understand that I'm not going to get everything I want, when I want and where I want it.

I've never understood how all the holier-than-thou conservatives get to define and choose who is the "true, perfect" conservative. Ronald Reagan voted for FDR 4 times. Is Reagan disqualified from the "exclusive" conservative club? I'm afraid ideologues can't be helped. They wear blinders.

Realist
 noun

Yes, the Republican party is the minority party and its candidates need votes from independents and democrats to win national elections.

If I were swell with things as they are, I wouldn't care if Hillary became POTUS. That appears to be the attitude of the neverTrumps.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conservatism

Full Definition of conservatism

capitalized a :  the principles and policies of a Conservative party b :  the Conservative party

a :  disposition in politics to preserve what is established b :  a political philosophy based on tradition and social stability, stressing established institutions, and preferring gradual development to abrupt change; specifically :  such a philosophy calling for lower taxes, limited government regulation of business and investing, a strong national defense, and individual financial responsibility for personal needs (as retirement income or health-care coverage)

:  the tendency to prefer an existing or traditional situation to change

I'm on the side of 2000 years plus of conservative thought and principle. You are on the side of a guy that is cool with trannies in the ladies room, amnesty for illegal invaders and leadership by suggestion.

Looks like you want abrupt change from tradition. Thus a moderate/liberal.

You realize that at this point, engaging you is simply a writing exercise for me right? I mean you have utterly redefined conservatism, failed in each of your arguments and rewrote history to comport with your 'reality'.

I don't think you could fail any harder if you tried. But I'm sure you'll find a way.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2016, 10:04:04 pm »
I've established through your posts that you are a holier-than-thou, right wing ideologue wearing blinders.

If you think I'm ashamed of forwarding principled conservatism, you are further left than I thought.

A-Lert

« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2016, 10:07:06 pm »
Right wing ideologue eh.      Nice of you to find ally admit Trump isn't a conservative.

That makes about as much sense as a holier-than-thou, right wing ideologue.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2016, 10:09:07 pm »
That makes about as much sense as a holier-than-thou, right wing ideologue.

Jim?  Jim Robinson? Is that you?

A-Lert

« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2016, 10:10:29 pm »
If you think I'm ashamed of forwarding principled conservatism, you are further left than I thought.

Ashamed? You said it, not me.  Accusing me of being something I'm not isn't conservative.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2016, 10:13:00 pm »
Ashamed? You said it, not me.  Accusing me of being something I'm not isn't conservative.

Claiming to be something you arent isn't conservative. Calling you on it is part of being principled. So don't make unsupportable claims and I won't call you out on them. Maybe you have some right leaning tendencies. Thusfar you have shown none with all the talks of 'holier than thou' and 'idealogues'.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2016, 10:14:02 pm »
I'm working to elect conservatives. You arent. End of.
Since when is Hillary a conservative?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2016, 10:17:18 pm »
Since when is Hillary a conservative?

Dunno. I'm not voting for her.