Author Topic: Poll: Denying Trump nomination would cost GOP in November  (Read 9976 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Poll: Denying Trump nomination would cost GOP in November
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2016, 11:45:29 am »
Insanity. Its that simple.

I am huge Trump advocate, and see Cruz as a sanctimonious evangelical kook...but I will vote for Cruz in a heartbeat if he is the nominee. Likewise, any Cruz supporter who won't do the same if Trump wins is nuts. There is no rational case that can be made that this nation is better off with Hillary than with ANY of the GOP candidates...ANY.

Hillary will not build a wall or work to halt illegal immigration.
Hillary will appoint radical leftists to the court (probably 2-3 of them)
Hillary will not rebuild our national defense.

Any and every GOP candidate, including Trump and Cruz, will be on the opposite side of the 3 issues above. Even if you feel unsure that Trump won't follow through on these issues....you KNOW Hillary will. For god's sakes, its better to have a shot at achieving the upside of these issues over the certainty that Hillary will bring on these topics.

If we lose this election because of idiots in BOTH camps who won't vote for WHOMEVER the nominee is...we deserve to have the nation wrecked. And it will be...and you can blame the NeverTrump and NeverCruz folks directly.

People in our party need to put on their big boy/girl pants and get over their hurt feelings...this election may set our course for DECADES. We can't afford to act on emotion. Anyone with a brain and a smidgeon of conservative opinion should vote for an 800 pound hermaphrodite gorilla if it was the GOP candidate running against her....because that gorilla would do less harm to this nation than she will.

Wake up, people...we, collectively, cannot win this thing if we bust out into NeverTrump and NeverCruz camps.

Insanity indeed.  I see things a little differently. I do agree that Trump is nothing more than a siphon for camp Hillary, but I also believe that he has won (primarily open primaries) some primaries because of DEMS voting for him so that he will become the GOP nominee paving the way for Hillary.  So ... in essence some of those voters will be voting for Hillary anyways. I believe that Trump not being the nominee will disenfranchise some of the GOP electorate, but I don't feel it will be enough to hand Hillary the oval office.  Secondly, I also believe that Cruz will in all likeliness become our nominee and when he picks his VP he will pick someone that will catapult him over the top and will seat him in the White House.

As for Trump building a wall, rebuilding the military, and placing conservatives on the Supreme Court.  There is absolutely NOTHING in Trump's past that indicates he will do these things.  His past record is that of a liberal.  Unfortunately Trump's comments along the campaign trail have only added to my belief that he is a DEM siphon.  As for Cruz being an evangelical ... I'd rather see someone fighting for Christian values than allowing Sharia law. Most importantly this election is about restoring this country; going back to the very fundamentals and principles upon which this country was founded (Christianity was one of those principles). THIS ELECTION IS ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION.  Either we continue to allow it to be shredded or we opt to honor it.

Ted Cruz 2016.  REIGNITING the PROMISE of America!!!   :patriot: :patriot:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 11:56:03 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

A-Lert

« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2016, 06:37:44 pm »
Idiot Trump supporters have spammed this article all over this site. It's been posted at least 3 times already. It's BS no matter how many time they post it.

Are you calling mystery-ak an idiot Trump supporter?

Offline flowers

« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2016, 06:51:17 pm »
Idiot Trump supporters have spammed this article all over this site. It's been posted at least 3 times already. It's BS no matter how many time they post it.
Ah gee.........this must be some of that new BR family type posts. Idiot Trump supporters.

A-Lert

« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2016, 06:58:43 pm »
Ah gee.........this must be some of that new BR family type posts. Idiot Trump supporters.

Civility according to anti-Trump rules.

A-Lert

« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2016, 07:41:49 pm »
Of all the people to be complaining about lack of class, you're the one who's going to do it? That's hilarious.

You must be proud!  :silly:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #131 on: Today at 07:45:59 AM »

Idiot Trump supporters have spammed this article all over this site.
It's been posted at least 3 times already. It's BS no matter how many time they post it.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2016, 09:00:59 pm »
Too had you have no brains.

Took a sabbatical hoping the anti-Trump faction would improve in tone and attitude. Nope. Unfortunattely post such as this show they have not. But not to worry, "Bill Cipher", I reported this post in the hopes the moderators will arise from their torpor, deal with such as you, and will restore this Forum to its former excellence.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

• Technical
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2016, 09:05:31 pm »
Trump is a vile sociopath who is dividing the nation and this forum.

HonestJohn

« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2016, 09:09:22 pm »
Took a sabbatical hoping the anti-Trump faction would improve in tone and attitude. Nope. Unfortunattely post such as this show they have not. But not to worry, "Bill Cipher", I reported this post in the hopes the moderators will arise from their torpor, deal with such as you, and will restore this Forum to its former excellence.

Calling for ZOTs?

And falsely attributing statements never made to posters?  I actually checked... and @Bill Cipher made no such post.

That's vile.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:11:17 pm by HonestJohn »

A-Lert

« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2016, 09:14:30 pm »
Calling for ZOTs?

And falsely attributing statements never made to posters?  I actually checked... and @Bill Cipher made no such post.

That's vile.

What is vile is a person who defends posters who repeatedly break the rules.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2016, 09:20:13 pm »
Gotta love those endorsements:

andrew kaczynski
‏@BuzzFeedAndrew

Ben Carson: I’d Be Never Trump Too If Election Stakes Weren’t So High
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2016, 09:21:54 pm »

Thread nannies habitually nanny, all the time.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2016, 09:26:51 pm »
This article seems like it has been posted at least 3 time elsewhere on this site and my answer is the same for each one: nominating Trump is suicide for the GOP. Period. All the polls and data back me up.

The damage is done. The ship has sailed.

Whether Trump is nominated or not, the GOP is damaged and Hillary will be elected. That was Trump's job from day one.

In a way, I'm glad that we're finally going to get this done. The culling of the GOP is long overdue.

I think that TOS right wing faction types need to find their own home somewhere outside the GOP, leaving the GOP free to adapt itself to the current political atmosphere, and become more in tune with today'society.

I see a more successful future GOP as being closer to Libertarian ideals than today's GOP, with an ideological umbrella that can best be described as socially moderate/fiscally conservative.

Many here won't like my statement, and those would be the future members of that other political Party not associated with the GOP.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2016, 11:25:39 pm »
The damage is done. The ship has sailed.

Whether Trump is nominated or not, the GOP is damaged and Hillary will be elected. That was Trump's job from day one.

In a way, I'm glad that we're finally going to get this done. The culling of the GOP is long overdue.

I think that TOS right wing faction types need to find their own home somewhere outside the GOP, leaving the GOP free to adapt itself to the current political atmosphere, and become more in tune with today'society.

I see a more successful future GOP as being closer to Libertarian ideals than today's GOP, with an ideological umbrella that can best be described as socially moderate/fiscally conservative.

Many here won't like my statement, and those would be the future members of that other political Party not associated with the GOP.

Remember, if you don't wear your aluminum foil hat, the aliens can read your thoughts.

That said, I'm with you on the socially moderate/fiscally conservative thing...with the one exception being the necessity for a strong national defense (which we currently do not have thanks to Mr. Obama).
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

• Technical
« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2016, 11:28:37 pm »
That said, I'm with you on the socially moderate/fiscally conservative thing...with the one exception being the necessity for a strong national defense (which we currently do not have thanks to Mr. Obama).

Well that's pleasantly surprising, I'm with you two.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2016, 11:34:26 pm »
...with the one exception being the necessity for a strong national defense (which we currently do not have thanks to Mr. Obama).

I should have included that.

I'm a neolibertarian.

I'm the guy who wants to sit around his house, smoking some great weed with my married same-sex couple neighbors and watching nukes blowing up over Iran on TV as we all cheer wildly.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

A-Lert

« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2016, 11:35:35 pm »
Remember, if you don't wear your aluminum foil hat, the aliens can read your thoughts.

As I've stated previously, if the moderates and hard line conservatives can't come to some kind  of coalition, neither will ever win another national election. The democrats always circle the wagons and support their candidate no matter if he is a mystertious, dope=smoking, lawyer/community organizer,  sexual predator or she is a sexual predator enabler.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2016, 12:26:40 am »
As I've stated previously, if the moderates and hard line conservatives can't come to some kind  of coalition, neither will ever win another national election. The democrats always circle the wagons and support their candidate no matter if he is a mystertious, dope=smoking, lawyer/community organizer,  sexual predator or she is a sexual predator enabler.

The one great lesson we can learn from them.

Any GOP'r who joins a "Never ____" against any fellow GOP candidate, is doing little more than ensuring Mrs. Clinton becomes President. I will support WHOMEVER wins our nomination, and I say that as someone who thinks Ted Cruz is the absolute worst of the worst kind of candidate. As bad as he is, he is a vastly superior option than Hillary Clinton. Any Cruz, Kasich or other support who can't say the same for Trump is a petulant child IMHO. For shame.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2016, 12:31:50 am »

I believe Trump hated Reagan if my memory serves me..

Offline sinkspur

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2016, 12:39:30 am »
When Donald Trump Hated Ronald Reagan

The GOP front-runner praises the conservative icon now, but in 1987 Trump blasted Reagan and his team.

...The gadfly was Donald Trump, writing in his book The Art of the Deal. But it wasn’t just a glancing blow; to promote the book, Trump launched a political campaign that tore into Reagan’s record, including his willingness to stand up to the Soviet Union. Advised by the notorious Roger Stone, a Nixon-era GOP trickster, in 1987 Trump took out full-page ads in the New York Times, the Boston Globe and the Washington Post blasting Reagan and his team....

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/10/donald-trump-ronald-reagan-213288#ixzz45ZINF2BE
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2016, 12:39:36 am »

Trump is not a decent human being.  Reagan was.   

If Reagan were alive today, we'd be seeing this in political ads:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2016, 12:45:08 am »

I took a sabbatical for awhile and came back and have done my part to improve my attitude towards Trump.  I now refrain from calling him an orange baboon.  Just today he made a statement about the unfair delegate system and was surprised that it was happening in a democracy!  Apparently his advisors didn't tell him that we live in a Republic!  That was almost as bombastic as stating that he was going to have the Supreme Court check into Hillary's e-mails when he is president.  Really?  Sorry, Paladin ... try as I may, he really doesn't have clue one as to being Commander In Chief. The guy is a complete buffoon. 

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/274662-trump-i-would-probably-appoint-people-that-would-look
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2016, 12:46:04 am »
If Reagan were alive today, we'd be seeing this in political ads:

LOL, not according to the person who knew Reagan better than anyone currently alive, and a Conservative icon in his own right- his son Michael.

Trump (aided by Roger Stone) was absolutely nasty towards Ronald Reagan in the 80s. See the link in the prior post.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #148 on: April 12, 2016, 12:52:39 am »

The emphasis would have to be on defense. Strictly defense, nothing more. No more
nation building, no more intervention merely because there is unrest or political instability
in a given area, so long as there is no explicit or provably iminent threat to the United
States. (A comparable example would be the time in the 1980s when Saddam Hussein was
fool enough to declare his newly built and on-line nuclear reactor would be used explicitly
to make weapons for use against Israel, and the Israelis said "not so fast, sucker" and
flew in the bombers post haste to take care of that idea . . .) We can't just waltz in
and overthrow everyone we can't stomach otherwise, or back those looking to overthrow
someone we can't stomach otherwise, if only because of the law of unintended
consequences having a nasty habit of making things even worse. (Just ask Iran.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:56:42 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2016, 01:24:07 pm »
I took a sabbatical for awhile and came back and have done my part to improve my attitude towards Trump.  I now refrain from calling him an orange baboon.  Just today he made a statement about the unfair delegate system and was surprised that it was happening in a democracy!  Apparently his advisors didn't tell him that we live in a Republic!  That was almost as bombastic as stating that he was going to have the Supreme Court check into Hillary's e-mails when he is president.  Really?  Sorry, Paladin ... try as I may, he really doesn't have clue one as to being Commander In Chief. The guy is a complete buffoon. 

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/274662-trump-i-would-probably-appoint-people-that-would-look

That was demeaning to baboons.