Author Topic: Poll: Denying Trump nomination would cost GOP in November  (Read 10003 times)

Bill Cipher

Re: Poll: Denying Trump nomination would cost GOP in November
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2016, 01:33:08 am »
In other words, even though Trump cannot win the nomination because he doesn't have a majority of bound delegates - which is what the rules require - Trump should still be given the nomination by acclamation or else his cult of personality will riot and destroy things.

Gawd what a hateful man and a hateful group of followers.

Wingnut

« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2016, 01:34:15 am »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2016, 01:40:05 am »
In other words, even though Trump cannot win the nomination because he doesn't have a majority of bound delegates - which is what the rules require - Trump should still be given the nomination by acclamation or else his cult of personality will riot and destroy things.

Last time I checked those rules had been in place since the first GOP convention. If Trump doesn't like it he can go frack himself.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:40:24 am by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2016, 02:16:49 am »
How are Reagan and Trump different?

Ronaldus Maximus once broadcast for the Chicago Cubs and had to be somewhat creative*
in fashioning a next-best-to-the-real-thing play by play of actual Cub games off the telegraph
wires.

Donaldus Minimus once threatened the current owners of the Cubs---for no crime worse
than contributing to groups and PACs opposed to him---and was about as creative as a
nursery school student about it.

(*Would Trump have manned up in Reagan's position, when the telegraph wires
failed during one game and---after having the incumbent Cub hitter, Billy Jurges,
fouling off pitch after pitch after pitch after pitch after etc., including missing a
home run by just a few feet---he'd had to admit that Jurges popped out on the
first pitch after the wire service was restored.

I hope that even in his Alzheimer's addled condition Reagan got to see
an actual Los Angeles Dodger do against the Cubs what he only imagined
Billy Jurges doing, a month before Reagan finally died. 12 May 2004: Alex Cora,
Dodger infielder, fouled off fourteen straight pitches from Matt Clement before
hitting the eighteenth pitch of the entire at-bat--the count was 2-2--- into the right field
bullpen for a two-run homer
. Knowing Reagan, he'd have loved that one . . . )
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 02:18:42 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

A-Lert

« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2016, 02:18:26 am »

I believe Trump hated Reagan if my memory serves me..

You anti-Trumps sure carelessly throw the hate word around.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2016, 02:21:57 am »
You are too young to remember Reagan.  I voted for him, twice.  You don't know what the hell you're talking about.  Reagan would NOT have agreed with Trump on virtually anything, especially his attitude toward people who disagreed with him.   

Please document that waterboarding was common practice during the Reagan years.

Trump is not a decent human being.  Reagan was.

I shook hands with Ronald Reagan during his campaign in 1984. So, as is your pattern, you are wrong once again. I've been around a good while, fought and served this country under 3 presidents (Reagan, Bush and Clinton), and I serve it still in another capacity. So don't play the experience card with me, I've seen much of the evolution of the Presidency and the devolution of our own party into its current state.

Reagan and Trump shared this...neither man cared a whit about race, much less hated ANYONE because of it. You are trumpeting an absurd Dem talking point like a hypnotized parrot, which is why I once...mistakenly... just assumed you were a Dem yourself. The truth seems worse, you've simply swallowed mindlessly, the absurd Dem talking points about hating people according to their ethnicities...a groundless and absurd charge made in Alinsky fashion, shout out loud enough and repeat it often enough and some idiots will believe it.

As for who is and isn't a decent human being, unless you knew both Reagan and Trump at a very close personal level, you've no idea if they are or are not decent human beings. All known evidence indicates both are...your leftwing talking points aside. Honestly, Reagan would likely have concurred with Trump on nearly every modern issue...perhaps not all, but clearly on most. He would have been happy with the sniping between Republicans, and Trump admittedly bears much responsibility for the negative tone in that realm...but apart from that, the two men have much in common.

As for documenting waterboarding, here you go:
http://www.newsweek.com/2014/12/26/cia-torture-practices-started-long-911-attacks-senate-report-notes-290746.html
Excerpt: a brief reference to KUBARK, the code name for a 1963 instruction manual on interrogation, which was used on subjects ranging from suspected Soviet double agents to Latin American dissidents and guerrillas.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 02:27:24 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

A-Lert

« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2016, 02:26:57 am »
Too had you have no brains.

You're so easy!!   :mauslaff:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2016, 02:38:56 am »
I shook hands with Ronald Reagan during his campaign in 1984. So, as is your pattern, you are wrong once again. I've been around a good while, fought and served this country under 3 presidents (Reagan, Bush and Clinton), and I serve it still in another capacity. So don't play the experience card with me, I've seen much of the evolution of the Presidency and the devolution of our own party into its current state.

Reagan and Trump shared this...neither man cared a whit about race, much less hated ANYONE because of it. You are trumpeting an absurd Dem talking point like a hypnotized parrot, which is why I once...mistakenly... just assumed you were a Dem yourself. The truth seems worse, you've simply swallowed mindlessly, the absurd Dem talking points about hating people according to their ethnicities...a groundless and absurd charge made in Alinsky fashion, shout out loud enough and repeat it often enough and some idiots will believe it.

As for who is and isn't a decent human being, unless you knew both Reagan and Trump at a very close personal level, you've no idea if they are or are not decent human beings. All known evidence indicates both are...your leftwing talking points aside. Honestly, Reagan would likely have concurred with Trump on nearly every modern issue...perhaps not all, but clearly on most. He would have been happy with the sniping between Republicans, and Trump admittedly bears much responsibility for the negative tone in that realm...but apart from that, the two men have much in common.

As for documenting waterboarding, here you go:
http://www.newsweek.com/2014/12/26/cia-torture-practices-started-long-911-attacks-senate-report-notes-290746.html
Excerpt: a brief reference to KUBARK, the code name for a 1963 instruction manual on interrogation, which was used on subjects ranging from suspected Soviet double agents to Latin American dissidents and guerrillas.

Well, I'll leave it to others to decide how much Reagan and Trump had in common.  In terms of personal decency, they are polar opposites.  And, if Trump doesn't care about race, why is he despised by 80% of Hispanics?  And, frankly, if he's not a misogynist, why do 75% of American women hold him in such disdain?

But, you think you know better, so I'll leave you in your delusions.  That you are old enough to have met Reagan makes me wonder how much of his philosophy you've absorbed that you would think he and Trump are such blood brothers.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 02:40:19 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2016, 02:45:26 am »
Well, I'll leave it to others to decide how much Reagan and Trump had in common.  In terms of personal decency, they are polar opposites.  And, if Trump doesn't care about race, why is he despised by 80% of Hispanics?  And, frankly, if he's not a misogynist, why do 75% of American women hold him in such disdain?

But, you think you know better, so I'll leave you in your delusions.  That you are old enough to have met Reagan makes me wonder how much of his philosophy you've absorbed that you would think he and Trump are such blood brothers.

Because the Dems, the media and gullible people repeat the Dem talking points. The same reason so many think Republicans are pushing old people in wheelchairs into lakes, or deliberately starving the poor...because this country has a large mass of low information,gullible citizens, and the Left knows exactly how to manipulate them. People like you, further their cause by parroting these absurdities.

Ponder as you will, Reagan was an America First guy...a lower taxes guy...a strong defense guy...and a man who can override the Left Media's aversion to all things conservative via his sheer charisma. All views/traits shared with Trump. They differ on some things, nobody is saying Trump is the new Reagan, but they also share much in terms of world view.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2016, 02:49:29 am »
Because the Dems, the media and gullible people repeat the Dem talking points. The same reason so many think Republicans are pushing old people in wheelchairs into lakes, or deliberately starving the poor...because this country has a large mass of low information,gullible citizens, and the Left knows exactly how to manipulate them. People like you, further their cause by parroting these absurdities.

Ponder as you will, Reagan was an America First guy...a lower taxes guy...a strong defense guy...and a man who can override the Left Media's aversion to all things conservative via his sheer charisma. All views/traits shared with Trump. They differ on some things, nobody is saying Trump is the new Reagan, but they also share much in terms of world view.

Reagan was a free trader. Trump is not.
Reagan respected the military.  Trump wants to order them to commit war crimes.
Reagan granted amnesty to 3 million illegals. Trump wants to deport 11 million illegals.

Trump's "charisma" only works on the dopes who support him.  The rest of us see through him and his lies and his charade of caring about America.  Trump cares about himself. Period.

Stop sullying Reagan's memory by placing Trump anywhere in his proximity. 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2016, 02:56:06 am »

I'm not gullible, I listen to Trump and I get why people despise him.

How is this the media's fault?

How is this media manipulation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2swXOPDcHg

Please stop insulting the intelligence of those of us who were alive during the Reagan years by trying to imply that there is some kind equivalency between him and Trump. 
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

A-Lert

« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2016, 03:16:15 am »
Reagan was a free trader. Trump is not.
Reagan respected the military.  Trump wants to order them to commit war crimes.
Reagan granted amnesty to 3 million illegals. Trump wants to deport 11 million illegals.

Trump's "charisma" only works on the dopes who support him.  The rest of us see through him and his lies and his charade of caring about America.  Trump cares about himself. Period.

Stop sullying Reagan's memory by placing Trump anywhere in his proximity.

:bsflag: :bsflag:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/11/the-weak-argument-defending-executive-amnesty/382906/

Reagan and Bush Offer No Precedent for Obama's Amnesty Order

Not only were past executive actions smaller, they didn't work.

Reagan and Bush acted in conjunction with Congress and in furtherance of a congressional purpose. In 1986, Congress passed a full-blown amnesty, the Simpson-Mazzoli Act, conferring residency rights on some 3 million people. Simpson-Mazzoli was sold as a “once and for all” solution to the illegal immigration problem: amnesty now, to be followed by strict enforcement in future. Precisely because of their ambition, the statute’s authors were confounded when their broad law generated some unanticipated hard cases. The hardest were those in which some members of a single family qualified for amnesty, while others did not. Nobody wanted to deport the still-illegal husband of a newly legalized wife. Reagan’s (relatively small) and Bush’s (rather larger) executive actions tidied up these anomalies. Although Simpson-Mazzoli itself had been controversial, neither of these follow-ups was.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2016, 03:18:38 am »
:bsflag: :bsflag:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/11/the-weak-argument-defending-executive-amnesty/382906/

Reagan and Bush Offer No Precedent for Obama's Amnesty Order

Not only were past executive actions smaller, they didn't work.

Reagan and Bush acted in conjunction with Congress and in furtherance of a congressional purpose. In 1986, Congress passed a full-blown amnesty, the Simpson-Mazzoli Act, conferring residency rights on some 3 million people. Simpson-Mazzoli was sold as a “once and for all” solution to the illegal immigration problem: amnesty now, to be followed by strict enforcement in future. Precisely because of their ambition, the statute’s authors were confounded when their broad law generated some unanticipated hard cases. The hardest were those in which some members of a single family qualified for amnesty, while others did not. Nobody wanted to deport the still-illegal husband of a newly legalized wife. Reagan’s (relatively small) and Bush’s (rather larger) executive actions tidied up these anomalies. Although Simpson-Mazzoli itself had been controversial, neither of these follow-ups was.

Uh, I wasn't comparing Reagan to Obama. I was comparing him to Trump.

Nice attempt at deflection.

A-Lert

« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2016, 03:26:44 am »
Uh, I wasn't comparing Reagan to Obama. I was comparing him to Trump.

Nice attempt at deflection.

I wasn't comparing Reagan to Obama either. Obviously you didn't read the article, which isn't at all surprising.

In 1986, Congress passed a full-blown amnesty

Offline Paladin

« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2016, 03:42:55 am »
In the latest shock for the GOP, which in recent weeks some have speculated is willing to scuttle the entire republican presidential campaign if it means not having Trump as the candidate, according to a just released Reuters poll, one third of Republican voters who support Donald Trump could turn their backs on their party in November's presidential election if he is denied the nomination in a contested convention.

Or, as The Hill puts it, "blocking Donald Trump from the Republican presidential nomination with a contested convention would spell disaster for the GOP" because instead Trump supporters would vote Democrat, vote third-party or sit out the election.

Just 66% of Trump supporters, which as of this moment are the most numerous of any presidential candidate, said they would support the GOP's nominee anyway.

Should it get to a contested convention, the GOP could be hurt even more in November because 58% of Trump supporters said they would stay with the party, while 16% would leave and 26% responded they didn't know, yet.

The results are bad news for Trump's rivals as well as party elites opposed to the real estate billionaire, suggesting that an alternative Republican nominee for the Nov. 8 presidential race would have a tougher road against the Democrats.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-09/devastating-news-republicans-poll-finds-denying-trump-nomination-would-crush-gop

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

A-Lert

« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2016, 03:46:34 am »
The Republican Party has earned the "Stupid Party" handle.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2016, 05:26:51 am »

Seems like a pretty liberal thing to do.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2016, 06:25:33 am »
Finally!
It is about time we earned that handle.

A-Lert

« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2016, 06:39:34 am »
Finally!
It is about time we earned that handle.

About time? It has been decades,

« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2016, 06:42:38 am »
About time? It has been decades,
Then why are you posting we earned the handle tonight?
Will you post a breaking news flash that Obama is Kenyan born tomorrow?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:45:52 am by Once-Ler »

A-Lert

« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2016, 07:07:20 am »
Then why are you posting we earned the handle tonight?
Will you post a breaking news flash that Obama is Kenyan born tomorrow?

I didn't state it was earned tonight. I stated it is earned. The GOPers just don't seem to learn. Paul Ryan will be another milquetoast Mitt with similar results.

« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2016, 07:30:22 am »
I didn't state it was earned tonight. I stated it is earned. The GOPers just don't seem to learn. Paul Ryan will be another milquetoast Mitt with similar results.
Tonight is tonight.  truth is truth.  You did state it was earned tonight.  Words have meanings even if you deny their meaning.

A-Lert

« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2016, 07:57:41 am »
Tonight is tonight.  truth is truth. You did state it was earned tonight.  Words have meanings even if you deny their meaning.

You are wrong. Never mentioned time or day.

Online A-Lert

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

Re: "This Is Devastating News For Republicans": Poll Finds Denying Trump Nomination Would Crush GOP
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 11:46:34 PM »

Modify
    Remove

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2016, 11:42:38 am »
Too bad so few Cruz supporters have class.
Of all the people to be complaining about lack of class, you're the one who's going to do it? That's hilarious.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2016, 11:45:00 am »
This article seems like it has been posted at least 3 time elsewhere on this site and my answer is the same for each one: nominating Trump is suicide for the GOP. Period. All the polls and data back me up.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 08:54:38 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »