Author Topic: Poll: Denying Trump nomination would cost GOP in November  (Read 10033 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Poll: Denying Trump nomination would cost GOP in November
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2016, 02:45:50 pm »
That was demeaning to baboons.

I agree. Trump has proven himself to be so stupid and childish that I am starting to wonder how much money his advisors have stolen from him over the years,without him having the first clue about it.

Can anyone check into his Wharton degree to see if it is legitimate? Granted,he may have been more rational in his 20's than he has been the last few decades,but I don't see much evidence of that in his published business history.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 02:49:16 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2016, 04:09:57 pm »
Actually, I will be voting FOR Cruz.

Ditto. Despite the labored attempt to discredit him by Trumpettes with attacks straight out of the Left's playbook, I know where he stands.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2016, 04:13:38 pm »
Personally I thought Cruz did very well in the debates, i would have no problem voting for him.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2016, 04:15:21 pm »
LOL, not according to the person who knew Reagan better than anyone currently alive, and a Conservative icon in his own right- his son Michael.

Trump (aided by Roger Stone) was absolutely nasty towards Ronald Reagan in the 80s. See the link in the prior post.

The fantasy that Reagan would approve of or support Trump is hilarious.

The idea that Trump is the new Reagan is downright bizarre.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2016, 04:19:36 pm »
This is funny:

Ben JacobsVerified account
‏@Bencjacobs
Top Trump aide retweets endorsement from fake congressman

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Millee

« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2016, 04:52:27 pm »
Ditto. Despite the labored attempt to discredit him by Trumpettes with attacks straight out of the Left's playbook, I know where he stands.

I look forward to casting my vote for him.   :patriot:

Wingnut

« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2016, 04:53:46 pm »
That was demeaning to baboons.

And demeaning to all anthropoids.  Why no self-respecting simian would want to be compared to that primate's butt named Trump.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2016, 05:27:52 pm »
If Reagan were alive today, we'd be seeing this in political ads:
If Reagan were alive today, he'd be 104 years old and totally senile.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2016, 05:43:53 pm »

And still a better choice than Donald Trump. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Technical
« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2016, 05:44:37 pm »

They should have kept his brain in a jar.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #160 on: April 12, 2016, 05:48:42 pm »
And still a better choice than Donald Trump.

Ooooh... that left a mark.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #161 on: April 12, 2016, 05:51:31 pm »

Yet,STILL smarter than Bathhouse Barry.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2016, 10:40:11 pm »
In this thread, not a single coherent criticism of Mr. Trump...just childish name-calling and regurgitation of Left wing talking points (racist, sexist, bigot, etcetera). That says a lot about the anti-Trump movement...a whole lot...its clear that this opposition to Trump is based on emotion, in some cases hysteria, rather than an issues based opposition.

On a bright note, there's a new poll out that has Trump in  virtual tie with Clinton (within the margin of error) and Cruz 5 points behind her. Additionally, Trump is at the 46% mark amongst Republicans and Republican-leaning independents...WAY ahead of Cruz. In New York...its just a plain blowout in favor of Trump and Pennsylvania is moving in that direction. In other words, momentum is building.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

• Technical
« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2016, 10:42:50 pm »
In this thread, not a single coherent criticism of Mr. Trump...just childish name-calling and regurgitation of Left wing talking points (racist, sexist, bigot, etcetera). That says a lot about the anti-Trump movement...a whole lot...its clear that this opposition to Trump is based on emotion, in some cases hysteria, rather than an issues based opposition.

On a bright note, there's a new poll out that has Trump in  virtual tie with Clinton (within the margin of error) and Cruz 5 points behind her. Additionally, Trump is at the 46% mark amongst Republicans and Republican-leaning independents...WAY ahead of Cruz. In New York...its just a plain blowout in favor of Trump and Pennsylvania is moving in that direction. In other words, momentum is building.

Where is this poll? You have a link for it? I hope it's not AFG.

Online libertybele

« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2016, 10:49:59 pm »

Not a single coherent criticism of Trump?  Seriously?  Where would you like me to begin?  First of all the only substantiated record of Donald is that of a liberal which is a criticism.  He has a bombastic narcissistic personality; which I have provided links to as provided by different psychologist's opinions of Trump.  He whines when he doesn't get his way and blames everyone but himself for his failures and shortcomings. He promotes violence at his rallies. He makes threats (extorts) when he doesn't get his way.  He sues if he doesn't get his way.  He doesn't know the functions of the three branches of our government and doesn't even realize that we are Republic and not a Democracy. As for the issues; I have not heard him give any plan of how he's going to accomplish what he claims he is going to do ... he just goes on and on about how great he is and to trust him or believe him that he'll get it done.

So ... in a nutshell.  He IS a buffoon, liberal and a fraud.  That summation is based on the facts mentioned above. I could go on and on, but I have mentioned these things in previous posts with links/articles to back up my claims.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2016, 10:52:39 pm »
Oh ... and one more thing...stating that denying Trump nomination would cost GOP in November is nothing but sheer horse pucky.   :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wingnut

« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2016, 10:55:11 pm »
Oh ... and one more thing...stating that denying Trump nomination would cost GOP in November is nothing but sheer horse pucky.   :silly:

You are on a roll. 

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2016, 10:59:09 pm »
Where is this poll? You have a link for it? I hope it's not AFG.

NBC tracking poll
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/poll-voters-split-between-clinton-trump-hypothetical-november-matchup-n554306

Trump is beating Cruz 46-30 Nationally...pushing close to that 50% mark. Wasn't long ago the anti-Trumpers were declaring that his ceiling was around 35%. Wrong again.

Also, new Baruch College Poll out of New York has Trump at 60%! Holy schmoly...Kasich at 17 and Cruz at 14 (Yikes)

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 11:01:46 pm by Mesaclone »

• Technical
« Reply #168 on: April 12, 2016, 11:03:30 pm »
NBC tracking poll
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/poll-voters-split-between-clinton-trump-hypothetical-november-matchup-n554306

Trump is beating Cruz 46-30 Nationally...pushing close to that 50% mark. Wasn't long ago the anti-Trumpers were declaring that his ceiling was around 35%. Wrong again.

Also, new Baruch College Poll out of New York has Trump at 60%! Holy schmoly...Kasich at 17 and Cruz at 14 (Yikes)

Interesting. Looks like enough people supporting a 3rd party enough to snag a few EC's... which might mean it would end up in the House of Representatives. Which would mean the GOP-e gets to select the winner anyway.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2016, 11:06:55 pm »
Interesting. Looks like enough people supporting a 3rd party enough to snag a few EC's... which might mean it would end up in the House of Representatives. Which would mean the GOP-e gets to select the winner anyway.

That's only true if you assume a bitterly divided party can hold the House. Unlikely, but possible.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #170 on: April 12, 2016, 11:07:19 pm »
NBC tracking poll

The national NBC poll is worthless, much like the self-selecting polls put up by Drudge:

The NBC News|SurveyMonkey Weekly Election Tracking poll was conducted online April 4 through April 10, 2016 among a national sample of 12,692 adults aged 18 and over, including 11,204 who say they are registered to vote. Respondents for this non-probability survey were selected from the nearly three million people who take surveys on the SurveyMonkey platform each day.

Do you know what a non-probability survey is?  It is a survey taken from a SELECTED SAMPLE; that is, in this case, only those who take surveys on Survey Monkey.  So the universal sample is limited to three million people versus Gallup polls, where the entire 330 million of the US population is the universal sample.

So, if nobody but those who take surveys on Survey Monkey vote on November 6, Trump would lose to Hillary by 2 points.

• Technical
« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2016, 11:10:00 pm »
The national NBC poll is worthless, much like the self-selecting polls put up by Drudge:

Do you know what a non-probability survey is?  It is a survey taken from a SELECTED SAMPLE; that is, in this case, only those who take surveys on Survey Monkey.  So the universal sample is limited to three million people versus Gallup polls, where the entire 330 million of the US population is the universal sample.

So, if nobody but those who take surveys on Survey Monkey vote on November 6, Trump would lose to Hillary by 2 points.

Haha, it was a Survey Monkey poll?

And Trump still lost!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #172 on: April 12, 2016, 11:25:15 pm »

My bachelors is in political science, so its likely I know a great deal more than you do about polling. The poll in question draws a sample from an initial set of 3 million people. While THAT portion is self selected, screening that group down to a sample with selected random traits mitigates the self selection bias problem. Gallup is also limited by the effectiveness of its random sampling technique, and if you like the last two presidential elections...that sampling technique is quite questionable. So poor example on your part. Try Nate Silver next time if you want to cite someone who knows how to get to truly representative random samples.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 11:26:17 pm by Mesaclone »

A-Lert

« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2016, 11:28:50 pm »

How's this poll?  Poll: Ben Carson knocks Donald Trump from top spot nationally

Or this; Trump leads polls, but Bush gains post debate

Or this; Republicans increasingly think that Donald J. Trump has the best chance of winning the 2016 presidential election as their nominee as confidence fades in traditional politicians like Jeb Bush and Scott Walker, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News Poll.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2016, 11:30:55 pm »
My bachelors is in political science, so its likely I know a great deal more than you do about polling. The poll in question draws a sample from an initial set of 3 million people. While THAT portion is self selected, screening that group down to a sample with selected random traits mitigates the self selection bias problem. Gallup is also limited by the effectiveness of its random sampling technique, and if you like the last two presidential elections...that sampling technique is quite questionable. So poor example on your part. Try Nate Silver next time if you want to cite someone who knows how to get to truly representative random samples.

Your qualifications aside,  a self-selecting poll is not a random sample poll and the bias will ALWAYS remain. 

What also disqualifies this poll is that is an outlier to every other poll taken in the last month.  In none of those (with a much larger random sample) is Trump within 6 points of Hillary.  In fact, in the two most recent, FOXNEWS and Bloomberg, Trump is down double digits.

I have a suggestion.  Stop throwing your perceived weight around and insulting other posters. You will be more favorably engaged if you favorably engage.