Author Topic: Poll: Denying Trump nomination would cost GOP in November  (Read 9977 times)

Offline Mesaclone

Re: Poll: Denying Trump nomination would cost GOP in November
« Reply #175 on: April 12, 2016, 11:35:53 pm »
Your qualifications aside,  a self-selecting poll is not a random sample poll and the bias will ALWAYS remain. 

What also disqualifies this poll is that is an outlier to every other poll taken in the last month.  In none of those (with a much larger random sample) is Trump within 6 points of Hillary.  In fact, in the two most recent, FOXNEWS and Bloomberg, Trump is down double digits.

I have a suggestion.  Stop throwing your perceived weight around and insulting other posters. You will be more favorably engaged if you favorably engage.

There ARE no truly random samples in polling. There is screening of the larger mass of persons polled to ensure the sample reflects the electorate...which truly random samples almost never do. Companies like Gallup and others are very protective of their methodologies for drawing "representative" samples from random samples. So you don't know what you're talking about if you think polling services aren't using heavy screens in SELECTING their "random" samples...the poll in question uses a screen to choose a random (representative) sample from its larger group of self selected individuals. Not as effective as a standard poll...but not without predictive value either.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2016, 11:39:02 pm »
There ARE no truly random samples in polling. There is screening of the larger mass of persons polled to ensure the sample reflects the electorate...which truly random samples almost never do. Companies like Gallup and others are very protective of their methodologies for drawing "representative" samples from random samples. So you don't know what you're talking about if you think polling services aren't using heavy screens in SELECTING their "random" samples...the poll in question uses a screen to choose a random (representative) sample from its larger group of self selected individuals. Not as effective as a standard poll...but not without predictive value either.

What is a "non-probability" poll?  It has very little predictive value, especially given its outlier quality.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #177 on: April 12, 2016, 11:41:14 pm »
Your qualifications aside,  a self-selecting poll is not a random sample poll and the bias will ALWAYS remain. 

What also disqualifies this poll is that is an outlier to every other poll taken in the last month.  In none of those (with a much larger random sample) is Trump within 6 points of Hillary.  In fact, in the two most recent, FOXNEWS and Bloomberg, Trump is down double digits.

I have a suggestion.  Stop throwing your perceived weight around and insulting other posters. You will be more favorably engaged if you favorably engage.

You've got to be kidding. I've received vastly more insult than I've given...and they've been far more harsh. People have declared Trump supporters to be pro-fascist, non-thinking, gullible and outright stupid...in a number of threads here. Most of the pro-Trump people have fled this kind of personal assault on THIS board, I'm willing to weather but spare me the lecture on insults. I've been Miss Manners with my comments compared to the mound of dirt thrown at myself and other Trump supporters. That's OK though...I really don't mind...because it reflects more on the dirt throwers than their target.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #178 on: April 12, 2016, 11:43:52 pm »
You've got to be kidding. I've received vastly more insult than I've given...and they've been far more harsh. People have declared Trump supporters to be pro-fascist, non-thinking, gullible and outright stupid...in a number of threads here. Most of the pro-Trump people have fled this kind of personal assault on THIS board, I'm willing to weather but spare me the lecture on insults. I've been Miss Manners with my comments compared to the mound of dirt thrown at myself and other Trump supporters. That's OK though...I really don't mind...because it reflects more on the dirt throwers than their target.

Have you ever named one of those imaginary "Dem plants" you trolled this site about?

Because your avid support of Democrat Donald makes you a prime suspect.  And your incessant whining doesn't help either.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2016, 11:45:31 pm »
. I've been Miss Manners with my comments compared to the mound of dirt thrown at myself and other Trump supporters. That's OK though...I really don't mind...because it reflects more on the dirt throwers than their target.

Buckwheat, I agree with you.  You have been a compost pile of virtue since you came in with your bullshit 1st post.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 01:11:37 am by Wingnut »

A-Lert

« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2016, 11:46:33 pm »
Have you ever named one of those imaginary "Dem plants" you trolled this site about?
 your incessant whining doesn't help either.

Nor does yours!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #181 on: April 13, 2016, 12:21:04 am »
Original quote modified by Mod2.  No name-calling.

:silly:   :silly:    :silly:   Little does she realize (with only 129 posts under her belt) that the Trump supporters were relentless with their attacks, insults and insinuations on all those who supported other candidates, be it Cruz, Kasich, Fiorina, Carson, Rubio, etc. Little does she realize that some of us actually defended Trump in the beginning until it became obvious that Trump was nothing more than a narcissistic demagogue working for the DEMS; a liberal and a fraud.

IMHO this forum has been extremely tolerant of Trump supporters.  I don't see bringing to light the facts about Trump as insulting but rather trying to educate and inform others of who he really is.  Typically it does seem that Trump supporters take offense and take things personally when the plain truth comes out about their candidate and because they really have no legitimate honest rebuttal to Trump's bombastic statements and actions, they attack the messenger...and the anti-Trumpsters fire back and rightfully so.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 07:13:56 am by Mod2 »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

A-Lert

« Reply #182 on: April 13, 2016, 12:26:54 am »

Typically it does seem that Trump supporters take offense and take things personally when the plain truth comes out about their candidate and because they really have no legitimate honest rebuttal to Trump's bombastic statements and actions, they attack the messenger...and the anti-Trumpsters fire back and rightfully so.

:bs: :bsflag: 8bs8 8detect8

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2016, 12:57:32 am »

Because your avid support of Democrat Donald makes you a prime suspect.  And your incessant whining doesn't help either.

The irony is wide and deep.

Wingnut

« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2016, 01:04:05 am »

Buckwheat, Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 01:07:44 am by Wingnut »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2016, 01:13:22 am »

Funny. You're an elitist, and you're passive aggressive.

I say what I think outright.................. and I never whine.

The irony that you're a legitimate poster is very wide and very deep........

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2016, 03:14:59 am »
Deleted by Mod2 - no name calling. Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

If only the anti-Trumpers would heed Mr. Churchill's axiom.

A more fitting axiom for the Trump-haters is this.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 07:16:25 am by Mod2 »

Wingnut

« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2016, 03:29:37 am »
If only the anti-Trumpers would heed Mr. Churchill's axiom.

A more fitting axiom for the Trump-haters is this.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

No Buckwheat,  Americans Will Always Do the Right Thing — After Exhausting All the Alternatives...and they will kick Trump to the ash heap of history which he so richly deserves.. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 01:08:35 am by Wingnut »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2016, 03:38:41 am »
No Deleted by Mod2.   Americans Will Always Do the Right Thing — After Exhausting All the Alternatives...and they will kick Trump to the ash heap of history which he so richly deserves..

What is this Deleted by Mod2 business...is that some sort of racial name-calling?

What is that supposed to mean?

And you are correct, Americans likely will do the right thing...I just don't think they agree with your version of what that is.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 07:19:19 am by Mod2 »

A-Lert

« Reply #189 on: April 13, 2016, 03:42:13 am »

What is this Deleted by Mod2 business...is that some sort of racial name-calling?

And you are correct, Americans likely will do the right thing...I just don't think they agree with your version of what that is.

It's just low-class, low information posting by an anti-Trump.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 07:20:22 am by Mod2 »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #190 on: April 13, 2016, 04:13:23 am »
It is a term of endearment i have for you.

Well, good for you. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #191 on: April 13, 2016, 05:51:32 am »

What is this Buckwheat business...is that some sort of racial name-calling?

You really just threw down the race card?

This is possibly the whitest forum in the Internet.

Hell, I'm the token non-white here and I'm as white as they come, considering the surname.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #192 on: April 13, 2016, 06:11:04 am »
Stop attacking the new member!

Instead of attacking him, you might want to get to know him!

This thread is embarrassing!!!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #193 on: April 13, 2016, 10:20:43 am »
I'd like to remind you all that technically we're not even allowed to attack Trump. Please see my profile signature.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #194 on: April 13, 2016, 12:38:59 pm »

"THIS" thread?

What about "Men Brawl at NY Trump Rally"?    Are all you admin okay with THAT one?

How about  "Like Trump, Reagan was at 30% approval in April 1980"?   Now THAT'S an example of proper decorum I suppose?

You, Nancy and the MOD staff have evidently made a decision on how we're going to move forward here at TBR. 

Last night perusing the POLITICS category, I literally started to shake.   Never happened before in the SEVEN (7) wonderful years I've called this forum my "home".

Is this the 'new' standard....the new 'norm' in our quest to "grow the forum"?

No thanks.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bill Cipher

« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2016, 12:40:25 pm »

Puhleeze.  He's got 137 posts under his belt and has been around for several weeks.  You never seem particularly solicitous of new members who don't toe the STrump line.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2016, 12:45:04 pm »
Puhleeze.  He's got 137 posts under his belt and has been around for several weeks.  You never seem particularly solicitous of new members who don't toe the STrump line.

Right. He came in screaming like a Banshee, accused us all of being "Dem plants" (which he still hasn't proven) but we're supposed to "get to know him".

Well isn't that sweet?

Like I said, this forum doesn't even like us criticizing Trump, we're not supposed to call him an "Orange baboon" which is "impolite". Technically the mods have never rescinded that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2016, 01:15:30 pm »
Right. He came in screaming like a Banshee, accused us all of being "Dem plants" (which he still hasn't proven) but we're supposed to "get to know him".

When some yahoo calls me a "Dem plant",I know right away all I need to know about them,they have the IQ of an actual plant.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2016, 01:39:02 pm »
When some yahoo calls me a "Dem plant",I know right away all I need to know about them,they have the IQ of an actual plant.

:beer:

Wingnut

« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2016, 01:50:40 pm »

It is all about "intent".  same as when you see a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher knife and a hard-on, you have to figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.