Author Topic: Donald Trump: pledging his life, his fortune, and his sacred honor  (Read 4544 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Donald Trump: pledging his life, his fortune, and his sacred honor
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2024, 04:47:57 pm »
If someone's issue is that neither of the two candidates are any good, then there's nothing wrong with bitching about the winner regardless of who it is, even if you didn't vote for the loser.

This  pointing-up
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2024, 07:00:45 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

WHY do you seem to think it is ok for someone who couldn't be bother to vote,to be going around criticizing someone that did?

If  you  didn't care enough to vote,you didn't care enough to worry about the outcome. You are just whining about it because you are a whiner.

@sneakypete

I was bitchin about them both before the fact. Whether the election, makes no difference. I'll bitch after too.

When will you understand that I will NOT vote for what I DON'T WANT under ANY circumstance?

I will not be levered into approving that which I abhor.

I will not reward big government on the right with my endorsement. PERIOD.

I will not reward the greatest damage ever done to fiscal and libertarian Conservatism with my approval for him to do it AGAIN. NO. FLAT NO. I don't give a shit who he's running against - I will not approve of that record.

The destruction of this country is at hand, and you expect me to either vote for Democrats at whose hands it will come, or for the very sons of biches whose damn job it was to fight them - And DIDN'T - But rather, adopted their stupid vision and colluded with it.

That's the two votes. Destruction or destruction. Either one. No difference.

No win.

And dumasses by the dozen shrieking that I must help to bring her down. I will not.
You are going the wrong damn way. I will not go with you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2024, 07:05:44 pm »
They aren't voting for him so much as they are voting against allowing the rule of law to be continually trampled on from all quarters! We've had quite enough of that!

Definitely some truth to that.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2024, 12:54:57 pm »
@sneakypete

I was bitchin about them both before the fact. Whether the election, makes no difference. I'll bitch after too.

When will you understand that I will NOT vote for what I DON'T WANT under ANY circumstance?

I will not reward the greatest damage ever done to fiscal and libertarian Conservatism with my approval for him to do it AGAIN. NO. FLAT NO. I don't give a shit who he's running against - I will not approve of that record.

The destruction of this country is at hand, and you expect me to either vote for Democrats at whose hands it will come, or for the very sons of biches whose damn job it was to fight them - And DIDN'T - But rather, adopted their stupid vision and colluded with it.

No win.

And dumasses by the dozen shrieking that I must help to bring her down. I will not.

:amen:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2024, 02:51:05 pm »
@sneakypete

No win.

Bears repeating

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2024, 03:14:06 pm »
Bears repeating

@LMAO

It does to those who had rather remain "personally right" ,even if it means "more wrong".

So you  guys go ahead and do your little "moral superiority dances" as America continues to go down the drain because your egos are more important to you than the survival of America as a free and independent nation.

Voting for Trump gives us a CHANCE at survival. NOT voting for him increases the chance of America becoming a cog in "World Wide Government,Inc".
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 03:15:46 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2024, 03:28:38 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

WHY do you seem to think it is ok for someone who couldn't be bother to vote,to be going around criticizing someone that did?

If  you  didn't care enough to vote,you didn't care enough to worry about the outcome. You are just whining about it because you are a whiner.

As @roamer_1 so aptly put it, why should someone who has publicly criticized the actions and policies of two politicians have to stop that criticism simply because he refused to vote for either in an election between the two.  Where's the inconsistency?  Disliked them both before the election, disliked them both afterwards.

Would it make any difference to you if we wrote in a third candidate, so we can say we voted against both of those guys?

My position is that there has to be a legitimate conservative alternative to progressivism, and MAGA isn't it.  And as long as MAGA controls the GOP, there won't be.  Trump's buddy Steve Bannon is saying that a Trump victory could mean 50 years of MAGA domination of American politics, and I don't want that any more than I want 50 years of leftist rule.

A pox on both their houses.

And just to add, I refused to vote for J.D. Vance for Senator solely because of his stance on Russia/Ukraine.  I'm not voting for anyone (including Trump) who shares that position.  I view the MAGA version of "America First" as suicidal isolationism.  And that ain't my thing.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 03:33:03 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2024, 03:36:53 pm »
As @roamer_1 so aptly put it, why should someone who has publicly criticized the actions and policies of two politicians have to stop that criticism simply because he refused to vote for either in an election between the two.  Where's the inconsistency?  Disliked them both before the election, disliked them both afterwards.

Would it make any difference to you if we wrote in a third candidate, so we can say we voted against both of those guys?

My position is that there has to be a legitimate conservative alternative to progressivism, and MAGA isn't it.  And as long as MAGA controls the GOP, there won't be.  Trump's buddy Steve Bannon is saying that a Trump victory could mean 50 years of MAGA domination of American politics, and I don't want that any more than I want 50 years of leftist rule.

A pox on both their houses.

And just to add, I refused to vote for J.D. Vance for Senator solely because of his stance on Russia/Ukraine.  And I'm not voting for anyone (including Trump) who shares that position.

@Maj.Bill Martin

BOTH he and you are delusional.

Trump is so old he isn't likely to live another 10 years,never mind 50  years.

That,and the FACT that he can only serve one term and will enter office looking at the history books,and NOT at re-election is one of  his major charms.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2024, 03:47:04 pm »
Yes. Who exactly. Because I can think of no one who supports this lawfare. Not a single soul.

@Fishrrman

I don’t support it but my GiveaDamn has long worn out.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2024, 04:40:35 pm »
@LMAO

It does to those who had rather remain "personally right" ,even if it means "more wrong".

So you  guys go ahead and do your little "moral superiority dances" as America continues to go down the drain because your egos are more important to you than the survival of America as a free and independent nation.

Voting for Trump gives us a CHANCE at survival. NOT voting for him increases the chance of America becoming a cog in "World Wide Government,Inc".

What are Trump’s plans for making us a “free and independent nation?”

If you really honestly look at many of his policy proposals, and get beyond the emotional drives, they’re just as dangerous as Biden’s minus the border

And how were we saved from becoming a cog in “World Wide Government, Inc” his first round?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 04:56:29 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2024, 04:46:24 pm »

And just to add, I refused to vote for J.D. Vance for Senator solely because of his stance on Russia/Ukraine.  I'm not voting for anyone (including Trump) who shares that position.  I view the MAGA version of "America First" as suicidal isolationism.  And that ain't my thing.

Not just suicidal isolationism that the problem with MAGA

It’s suicidal economic policy, suicidal fiscal policy, suicidal monetary policy, suicidal civics policy, ect ect

A vote for Trump at this point is more an emotional exercise than a reasoned one. He’s not running on anything that would reduce the size and power of the federal government. And that is unacceptable especially at the point we are at

As far as Ukraine, I absolutely believe he will throw them under the bus because he will believe that that’ll be a win for him.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2024, 04:50:49 pm »

My position is that there has to be a legitimate conservative alternative to progressivism, and MAGA isn't it. 

As is mine

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2024, 07:31:05 pm »
@LMAO

bullshit fortune telling, @sneakypete
Your statement pre-supposes Tumpy as an agent of change, which is false according to the record
And that the change will be good, which again is false according to the record.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 07:40:41 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2024, 07:35:41 pm »
I don’t support it but my GiveaDamn has long worn out.

Oh, mine too. I couldn't care less.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2024, 08:00:48 pm »
Not just suicidal isolationism that the problem with MAGA

It’s suicidal economic policy, suicidal fiscal policy, suicidal monetary policy, suicidal civics policy, ect ect

That's right. And categorically AGAINST Conservatism. Please... Someone iterate the Conservative principles contained in Tumpy. Go ahead... I'll wait.

Now stack that up against the Conservative principles you must run over to vote for him.

A vote for Trump at this point is more an emotional exercise than a reasoned one.

More than that, it's a friggin fantasy. Hopey-changey fantasy. We have been right here already. What happened before?

He’s not running on anything that would reduce the size and power of the federal government. And that is unacceptable especially at the point we are at

He's not running on anything I want. And that's the game... He has to make me want it... And he cannot. He does not represent me or my principle things. Neither does the other side mind you... but somebody provide the 'why' for me. Why should I want to vote for what I don't want? Why should I do that?

As far as Ukraine, I absolutely believe he will throw them under the bus because he will believe that that’ll be a win for him.

Probably true.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2024, 08:26:42 pm »
Oh, mine too. I couldn't care less.

Dsagree.  Once seen and used unchecked, what's too keep it from being institutionalized and used against common citizens who dissent.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2024, 09:20:32 pm »
Dsagree.  Once seen and used unchecked, what's too keep it from being institutionalized and used against common citizens who dissent.

You misunderstand me.

First, he brought a lot of it on himself. It's his shtick. He throws all kinds of sh*t in every direction, and then points and goes all martyr crybaby when someone has the nerve to throw it back. It's what he does. It's the thing that so many admire.

So, to a degree, just desserts. Now I ain't saying I favor the lawfare. I ain't saying it's right. But there's a certain amount of 'play stupid games, win stupid prizes'... What did you think would happen getting that many powerful people white-hot pissed?

Secondly, it is nothing new. I often cite what happened to Tom DeLay a couple decades ago already. Same thing. And the idea that they will start to use it against 'ordinary citizens'...

I personally have been dragged out tight by the IRS. For nothing.
I personally have sat in jail without counsel because of mistaken identity.

Don't think they ain't doing it to ordinary citizens. They are.

And thirdly, The venue is incorrect. This fight is not held in the court of public opinion, which Tumpy loves so much because he knows how to turn it to his advantage... This fight belongs in the court. That is where it is won or lost. And that is where it matters. If he was serious about correcting it, he would have a battery of IBM Nazgul - like lawyers reaming the crap out of the government salary yuks that stand on the other side, and counter-suing to the heavens as they win. That is what he should be doing if he means it.

But that is not what he is doing. He's doing party tricks. and then whining, crying, and throwing dirt in the air in the public forum when they get him. He's playing it. On purpose.

And lastly, and probably most importantly, What EXACTLY can I do about it, and what will it cost me? Answer: Not a damn thing.

"Oh, oh, wait," you might say, "You can donate money to help him fight the bad guys..." - If it were about money, all his billions will suffice, and the return upon winning counter-suits is staggering. It ain't about money.

"But, but..." you might also say, "You could vote for him so that as President of the United States, the most powerful man on earth, he can single-handedly rain down fire from heaven on the evil-doers" - Well, if that's your suggestion, you have already been absorbed into the Borg.

Really. There ain't a damn thing I can do about it, and will not excuse a damn thing in order to deny my principle things, betray my Conservative brethren, in order to sully my endorsement.

So yeah, my GiveADamn's busted. A long time ago.
Them folks are going the wrong way.
I won't go along.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2024, 09:31:52 pm »
You misunderstand me.

First, he brought a lot of it on himself. It's his shtick. He throws all kinds of sh*t in every direction, and then points and goes all martyr crybaby when someone has the nerve to throw it back. It's what he does. It's the thing that so many admire.

So, to a degree, just desserts. Now I ain't saying I favor the lawfare. I ain't saying it's right. But there's a certain amount of 'play stupid games, win stupid prizes'... What did you think would happen getting that many powerful people white-hot pissed?

Secondly, it is nothing new. I often cite what happened to Tom DeLay a couple decades ago already. Same thing. And the idea that they will start to use it against 'ordinary citizens'...

I personally have been dragged out tight by the IRS. For nothing.
I personally have sat in jail without counsel because of mistaken identity.

Don't think they ain't doing it to ordinary citizens. They are.

And thirdly, The venue is incorrect. This fight is not held in the court of public opinion, which Tumpy loves so much because he knows how to turn it to his advantage... This fight belongs in the court. That is where it is won or lost. And that is where it matters. If he was serious about correcting it, he would have a battery of IBM Nazgul - like lawyers reaming the crap out of the government salary yuks that stand on the other side, and counter-suing to the heavens as they win. That is what he should be doing if he means it.

But that is not what he is doing. He's doing party tricks. and then whining, crying, and throwing dirt in the air in the public forum when they get him. He's playing it. On purpose.

And lastly, and probably most importantly, What EXACTLY can I do about it, and what will it cost me? Answer: Not a damn thing.

"Oh, oh, wait," you might say, "You can donate money to help him fight the bad guys..." - If it were about money, all his billions will suffice, and the return upon winning counter-suits is staggering. It ain't about money.

"But, but..." you might also say, "You could vote for him so that as President of the United States, the most powerful man on earth, he can single-handedly rain down fire from heaven on the evil-doers" - Well, if that's your suggestion, you have already been absorbed into the Borg.

Really. There ain't a damn thing I can do about it, and will not excuse a damn thing in order to deny my principle things, betray my Conservative brethren, in order to sully my endorsement.

So yeah, my GiveADamn's busted. A long time ago.
Them folks are going the wrong way.
I won't go along.

I've known Tom DeLay since the day I met him at a fundraiser in a friend's home when he first ran for congress and will tell you for sure that HE understands living to fight another day! Tom and I will be throwing every obstruction we can lay hands on in the path of all Democrats (read Communists) including Donald Trump.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2024, 09:34:38 pm »
I've known Tom DeLay since the day I met him at a fundraiser in a friend's home when he first ran for congress and will tell you for sure that HE understands living to fight another day! Tom and I will be throwing every obstruction we can lay hands on in the path of all Democrats (read Communists) including Donald Trump.

Do you mean Tumpy is a Democrat? Because I will buy into that.

Or do you mean Tumpy is an obstacle? Because that just is not true.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2024, 09:35:24 pm »
bullshit fortune telling, @sneakypete
Your statement pre-supposes Tumpy as an agent of change, which is false according to the record
And that the change will be good, which again is false according to the record.

@roamer_1

Yep,and I didn't even know you were a Gypsy.

My statement SUGGESTS he MIGHT be an agent of change,versus your choice of being happy with  Slow Joe.

Your claim that sitting it out makes you "morally holy" some way because you are "pure of heart" is pure Bullshit.

You hate Trump for the same reasons the Dims hate Trump. He is rude,he is rich,and he  is orange,and that's all you need to know.

You don't identify with those born into wealth,so you don't trust them. End of story.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2024, 09:43:50 pm »
My statement SUGGESTS he MIGHT be an agent of change,

@sneakypete
.. Based wholly on unicorn farts, while the record says otherwise - If anything, the record says any change he makes will grow government, grow debt, and increase liberalism - Because that's what he did last time.

versus your choice of being happy with  Slow Joe.

If I was happy with slow Joe, I would vote for him. That is not the case.

Your claim that sitting it out makes you "morally holy" some way because you are "pure of heart" is pure Bullshit.

I made no such claim.

You hate Trump for the same reasons the Dims hate Trump. He is rude,he is rich,and he  is orange,and that's all you need to know.

Nope. And by now, everybody knows this very common accusation from you is bullshit.

You don't identify with those born into wealth,so you don't trust them. End of story.

No, I don't trust him because he has proven himself to be untrustworthy. On the record. My objections, nearly every single one, come right out of the record. I don't give a single shit about his money. I give a shit about his merit, and he falls far short.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2024, 09:44:35 pm »
Do you mean Tumpy is a Democrat? Because I will buy into that.

Or do you mean Tumpy is an obstacle? Because that just is not true.

As an obstacle and history proves you wrong. I may lose my beloved republic. May already have, but the one thing I absolutely refuse to do is sit on my @$$ and do nothing!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 09:45:33 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2024, 09:53:35 pm »
As an obstacle and history proves you wrong. I may lose my beloved republic. May already have, but the one thing I absolutely refuse to do is sit on my @$$ and do nothing!

N, history does not prove me wrong. Take the Big Show outta your head and look at the sign on the ground - Government grew under Tumpy. Every liberal wet dream got financed... increased. He proved to be no obstacle at all... One could legitimately say he helped them.

ETA: @Bigun I already have skin in the game at state level... And in the congressional race. Would you prefer that I really DO sit on my ass and do nothing, or would you prefer that I carry  on, without the vile epithet against my honor? I will not be levered into voting for what I do not want.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 09:56:48 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2024, 10:04:50 pm »
N, history does not prove me wrong. Take the Big Show outta your head and look at the sign on the ground - Government grew under Tumpy. Every liberal wet dream got financed... increased. He proved to be no obstacle at all... One could legitimately say he helped them.

ETA: @Bigun I already have skin in the game at state level... And in the congressional race. Would you prefer that I really DO sit on my ass and do nothing, or would you prefer that I carry  on, without the vile epithet against my honor? I will not be levered into voting for what I do not want.

@roamer_1 You do as you dammed well please! I'll do what I've always done and do everything that I know how to save this Republic despite any personal grudges I might hold against Trump.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 10:08:09 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2024, 10:08:42 pm »
You do as you dammed well please! I'll do what I've always done and do everything that I know how to save this Republic despite any personal grudges I might hold against Trump.

HAHAHA! Nice inference, but false. I have no personal grudge. I judge politics just like I judge people, on the merits.

The invitation remains to convince me otherwise *on the merits*, by the record, according to Conservative principle.

But you can't. Not because I am obdurate. But rather, because Conservative merit is not there.