Author Topic: Trump calls time on Bud Light boycott and says it's paid the price for partnership with Dylan Mulvan  (Read 7811 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13054181/Trump-Bud-Light-Dylan-Mulvaney-controversy-boycott.html

Donald Trump has U-turned on his stance over 'woke' Bud Light and suggested the beer deserves a 'second chance' just weeks ahead of a fundraiser organized by a lobbyist for the beer's parent company.

The presidential hopeful called for an end to the Bud Light boycott which was sparked by its disastrous campaign with trans-activist Dylan Mulvaney

The former president said the partnership was a 'mistake of epic proportions' for which a 'very big price was paid.'

But he insisted that parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev was not a 'woke company' as he threatened to release a list of those that are.

His comments came ahead of a fundraiser organized by a major Republican lobbyist for the company in March, where tickets are selling for $10,000 each. The event will be attended by dozens of members of Congress, Republican leaders as well as Donald Trump Jr.'

'Anheuser-Busch spends $700 Million a year with our GREAT Farmers, employ 65 thousand Americans, of which 1,500 are Veterans, and is a Founding Corporate Partner of Folds of Honor, which provides Scholarships for families of fallen Servicemen & Women,' he wrote on social media platform Truth Social on Tuesday.

EXCERPT

Now tell me how Trump is not corrupt...
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Online roamer_1

Go ahead Tumpsters

Make Bud Light Great Again.
Your prophet has spoken.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The check must have cleared.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Stupid should hurt.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

I don't care whether Dylan Mulvaney, Peyton Manning, Emmet Smith or Donald J. Trump is endorsing it. I still don't like Bud Light enough to purchase it, and so never actually boycotted it.  :beer:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

So ... it is Trump now who dictates what I can buy?? I don't think so.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

So ... it is Trump now who dictates what I can buy?? I don't think so.
Not so much a dictate as a suggestion, but either way - no.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Looks like Trump has dusted off the old "She's suffered enough"  :silly: At least we know Trump is still consistent.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

How much money did Anheuser Busch funnel to Tangerine Mussolini?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Why would Trump care about this? Why would he devote any time or effort to this 'nothing' issue?
I'm guessing he bought a ton of 6m/1y calls after the dead cat bounce.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I don't care whether Dylan Mulvaney, Peyton Manning, Emmet Smith or Donald J. Trump is endorsing it. I still don't like Bud Light enough to purchase it, and so never actually boycotted it.  :beer:

I don't like it enough to drink it even if someone else does the purchasing.  For me at least, the rationale for drinking that general style of lager from major brewers - light or not - vanished when Yuengling became available in Ohio.

Online cato potatoe

How much money did Anheuser Busch funnel to Tangerine Mussolini?

See the impending $10k per plate fundraiser.  Trump is desperate for campaign dollars, and to promote himself, he will sell the whole movement down river. 
I forwarded this article to one of his fanatics yesterday, but I'm sure it went in one eyeball and out the other.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Why would Trump care about this? Why would he devote any time or effort to this 'nothing' issue?
I'm guessing he bought a ton of 6m/1y calls after the dead cat bounce.

He's never cared about social issues, transgenderism, abortion, or any of it.  He only adopted a thin facade of caring after deciding to run as a Republican because he knew it was necessary.

Online corbe

He came out in support of Disney with their fight against Floridians, so this is no surprise.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

He's never cared about social issues, transgenderism, abortion, or any of it.  He only adopted a thin facade of caring after deciding to run as a Republican because he knew it was necessary.

Yes, but he does care about being written about in the history books as “ the president that saved America” happy77

In fact, I’ve heard that his ego makes him obsessed with it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

If I really loved Bud Light, I would have still drank it despite Dylan, Mulaney endorsing it

I may roll my eyes and think what the hell were they thinking, but I wouldn’t let their stupid business decision impact my enjoyment of it

But as luck will have it, I don’t drink any light beer. I find it tasteless.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Hoodat

Still waiting for A-B to admit they made the wrong decision.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

I don't like it enough to drink it even if someone else does the purchasing.  For me at least, the rationale for drinking that general style of lager from major brewers - light or not - vanished when Yuengling became available in Ohio.

Yuengling used to be available here, but no more

Leinenkugel and New Glarus are popular around here along with some of the local brews like Earth Rider and Bent Paddle

In fact, it was Earth Rider brewery that Biden visited when he came to Superior, Wi and spoke without a translator
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 01:26:06 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Timber Rattler

Hmmm...

The former president appears to own a sizable pile of the company’s stock, Federal Election Commission records show. Documents certified last October show Trump holds as much as $5 million dollars of Anheuser-Busch Inbev stock, raising questions about the ethics of his apparent endorsement of the company.

PDF Link: https://www.citizensforethics.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/OGE-Certified-Part-2.pdf
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

The former president appears to own a sizable pile of the company’s stock, Federal Election Commission records show. Documents certified last October show Trump holds as much as $5 million dollars of Anheuser-Busch Inbev stock, raising questions about the ethics of his apparent endorsement of the company.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 04:26:31 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Hmmm...

PDF Link: https://www.citizensforethics.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/OGE-Certified-Part-2.pdf
So he owns stock in the product and tries to get it off the ass it got knocked onto due to poor marketing. Since when is that a crime? He is not in office, not passing legislation to help the brand, he is a private citizen trying to promote a product he is invested in.

BFD, already. Sheesh!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 06:45:28 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Timber Rattler

So he owns stock in the product and tries to get it off the ass it got knocked onto due to poor marketing. Since when is that a crime? He is not in office, not passing legislation to help the brand, he is a private citizen trying to promote a product he is invested in.

BFD, already. Sheesh!

Noooo....he's a politician attempting to call off the dogs so that he can financially benefit from that product's recovery from a very, VERY stupid mistake.