Author Topic: Trump calls time on Bud Light boycott and says it's paid the price for partnership with Dylan Mulvan  (Read 7812 times)

Online Hoodat

I don't like Anheuser Busch because they still to this day do not see anything wrong with using their profits to fund social platforms so that deviants like Mulvaney can be empowered to impact society to our own detriment.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

I don't like Anheuser Busch because they still to this day do not see anything wrong with using their profits to fund social platforms so that deviants like Mulvaney can be empowered to impact society to our own detriment.

In a nutshell.. And that's the point.

Tumpy is on the wrong side of this, bigtime.

Offline Lando Lincoln

In a nutshell.. And that's the point.

Tumpy is on the wrong side of this, bigtime.

He is.

And thanks for the correction regarding the demise of the Tea Party. You are correct in that the Republican Party was key to its collapse. Old brain fog, I guess. It’s not Biden bad, tho.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline corbe

This isn't a surprise to some of US. After he was elected and before his inauguration he gave an audience to Jenner in Trump Tower and told the press and that freak that it could use any bathroom it wanted.
   You can take the liberal boy out of the bronx but you can't take the liberal bronx out of the boy or something like that.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

This isn't a surprise to some of US. After he was elected and before his inauguration he gave an audience to Jenner in Trump Tower and told the press and that freak that it could use any bathroom it wanted.
   You can take the liberal boy out of the bronx but you can't take the liberal bronx out of the boy or something like that.

I sure miss 'W'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I never liked Bud Light because it tastes like crap.   :shrug:
When I drank beer, it was because I wanted a beer. Somewhere, in those days, there were beers that fell below the intersection of affordability and palatability, and those were not consumed, period, with the exception of 40s of Colt 45 consumed playing RISK in college.

Beer wasn't about politics, it was about beer.

As for those who have made it a social issue, they can shove their brand where the sun won't shine. They are the kind of people taking the fun out of literally everything.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
As long as Trump is totally demonized and Biden continues to get a near total pass on criticism, the obvious will come, a Presidential election like the last one with bad or worse results.  Drink queer beer, it helps advance false justifications,and keeps us rigidly on the rails of history we are now on.
 ////00000//// twilight zonexxxx ////00000////
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
As long as Trump is totally demonized and Biden continues to get a near total pass on criticism, the obvious will come, a Presidential election like the last one with bad or worse results.  Drink queer beer, it helps advance false justifications,and keeps us rigidly on the rails of history we are now on.
Twilight Zone? Isn't that where you live? Otherwise why would you think the left would stop demonizing Trump, or is it you implication that someone here is demonizing Trump? If that is so you and I have very very different ideas of what demonizing is :silly: :silly:

Offline roamer_1

As long as Trump is totally demonized and Biden continues to get a near total pass on criticism, the obvious will come, a Presidential election like the last one with bad or worse results. 

Riiight... Next time, lift up a Conservative... Not a NYC liberal, whose very thinking inspires that criticism... Every day, nearly hourly. If you don't want to hear that your emperor is naked, when he really is naked, well, you need to go find another site where your mindless rah-rah Tumpism can blend into the chorus.

Drink queer beer, it helps advance false justifications,and keeps us rigidly on the rails of history we are now on.

WTF does that even mean? You're being incoherent again.

TUMPY is the one saying 'Drink queer beer...' So Tumpy is the one 'advancing false justifications' and 'keeping us rigidly on the rails of history we are now on'... So your statement is against Tump.

Which is fine with me. Dump Tump. He's wholly on the wrong side of this issue... And in fact has been on the wrong side of the WOKE issue many times.

Online Hoodat

Drink queer beer, it helps advance false justifications,and keeps us rigidly on the rails of history we are now on.

@christian

Trump is the one here who is siding with queer beer.  You do realize that, right?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I think the biggest problem Bud Light may have is that for the majority of drinkers, it was a lot more about the brand than the quality of the beer itself.  So to the extent many have moved on to a different beer, they don't really have a reason to return even without affirmatively boycotting it.  It's not like Bud Light is so much more delicious than whatever substitute beer people have been drinking in the meantime.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The only reason people started drinking or drank Bud Light was because of the Ads.  They featured things Guys liked.  Pretty women with nice boobs in skimpy clothes or depicting activities dudes do, like drinking, talkin sports and looking at pretty girls.   They stopped drinking Bud Light when the company partnered with an "it" with no boobs and a penis in drag that no dude would do.

Marketing 101.   Bud, learn it, love it, don't leave it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 09:20:49 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Dude, make like a tree and leave...again.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@christian

Trump is the one here who is siding with queer beer.  You do realize that, right?

I don't think the person to whom you are replying is a fan of Trump.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

I think the biggest problem Bud Light may have is that for the majority of drinkers, it was a lot more about the brand than the quality of the beer itself.  So to the extent many have moved on to a different beer, they don't really have a reason to return even without affirmatively boycotting it.  It's not like Bud Light is so much more delicious than whatever substitute beer people have been drinking in the meantime.

That's right, but it misses the point.

Bud Light / AB was an emblem. 'Murica. Manly man stuff... The flag. The clydesdales. the workin man... They tell America's story. They're a symbol of it.

THAT's what they've lost. As has Disney, the great American storyteller... No more.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Bud Light / AB was an emblem. 'Murica. Manly man stuff... The flag. The clydesdales. the workin man... They tell America's story. They're a symbol of it.

THAT's what they've lost. As has Disney, the great American storyteller... No more.
You left out the Dalmatian and fire engines, but you are spot on, and so is @Maj. Bill Martin  :beer:(not Bud :silly:)

As far as the sick bastards in charge of Disney, I fully expect that one of their new animated kids movies will be "Dory has a Dick" **nononono*

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Right.  The beer isn't anything special, so even if people don't affirmatively "boycott" anymore, there's just no reason to go back. 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Bud Light "was" the ultimate neutral beer. If you are going to a cookout or a party and cannot decide what to bring, you could never go wrong with a case of Bud Light. It was the generic choice for any occasion.

Once they made Bud Light a 'political statement', then all that neutrality was stripped away. Again, if you are going to a cookout and cannot decide what to bring, the LAST thing you want to do is to show up with something which has become as controversial as Bud Light has become. Why take the chance that someone will be offended? Why make waves?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Hoodat

As far as the sick bastards in charge of Disney, I fully expect that one of their new animated kids movies will be "Dory has a Dick" **nononono*

Top notch.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Roamer1:

Amazing and surprisingly accurate!  Go woke, go broke, and these muli-million dollar businessmen are too dumb to realize it!

As for incoherent clarity, whatever, try again.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 06:56:15 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline roamer_1

Bud Light "was" the ultimate neutral beer. If you are going to a cookout or a party and cannot decide what to bring, you could never go wrong with a case of Bud Light. It was the generic choice for any occasion.

That's right, but so much more than mere neutrality. I would say something more like ubiquity....

If you owe a shop for a favor and don't know what goes in the beer fridge, three offerings are always alright... Bud Light, Coors Light, and Miller MGD or Light. And Bud, probably the best bet.

Every venue I have ever attended is festooned with Bud Light banners... Any race track (Nascar right down to local), any quarter-mile track, any mud track or dirt bike track... Hell BMX, iron man, etc.... All of em. Every rodeo and rondy... downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, snow machine, iditerod... It will be so weird for all those venues to be missing that sponsorship, and to prefer another.

Like I said, ubiquitous. This is a mighty, mighty shaking, that the King of Beers is so easily fallen... And can't get up. The People have spoken with a thunderous voice.

And I say that as a non-Bud crappy beer connoisseur. (PBR, Rainier, Miller)

Offline roamer_1

Right.  The beer isn't anything special, so even if people don't affirmatively "boycott" anymore, there's just no reason to go back.

Well, more than that too.

When this hole dang thing blew up, it could have been fixed immediately.

In fact, the infamous tweet from Mulvaney was on the 1st of April IIRC... SO EASY for a half decent ad hack to make it an April Fools thing, point and laugh at their own users, call em dumasses, end with a hearty 'Murica', and EVERYBODY would have thought it a laugh-riot - And sales would have gone the other direction.

But something like that would have had to be fairly immediate.

Thereafter, a simple and heartfelt apology - An admission that it was wrong-headed - would have sufficed.

When that apology was not forthcoming, that's what sealed their fate.

Now I don't know if it can be fixed. All the rednecks have hit 'OH HELL, NO', and as a people, it is very hard to turn them around from that. Once they're there, it is not that there is no reason to go back, it's a matter of pride, damn near honor *not* to go back. They're DONE with em. With every prejudice applied.

My prediction... Eventually InBev will sell the brand, splitting off Michelob, and maybe a couple more, and sell AB/Bud light off. Likely the Busch heir (a raving homo, btw) will buy it back for a song, relocate all operations back to St. Louis, make the very important mea culpa, and vow to rebuild the brand in the image folks remember, with every respect.

And he will probably win if that happens.

Offline roamer_1

Amazing and surprisingly accurate!  Go woke, go broke, and these muli-million dollar businessmen are too dumb to realize it!

As for incoherent clarity, whatever, try again.

Dunno why it would be surprising.

And your moron king is on the wrong side of the issue. Apparently he can go woke and not go broke, hmm?
 :pondering:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Dunno why it would be surprising.

And your moron king is on the wrong side of the issue. Apparently he can go woke and not go broke, hmm?
 :pondering:
For all the 'getting' the working man and the troops, for that matter he portrays, this is definitely a note out of tune. (Remember, he doesn't drink, so it can't be the beer itself).

Nope. Won't drink Tranny fluid, not this version, not ATF, either (had to check if that one was right for the vehicle, even).

Even if I did drink, I'd likely be having a PBR.

How big a donation did A/B make for that 'back off' message?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

For all the 'getting' the working man and the troops, for that matter he portrays, this is definitely a note out of tune. (Remember, he doesn't drink, so it can't be the beer itself).

Nope. Won't drink Tranny fluid, not this version, not ATF, either (had to check if that one was right for the vehicle, even).

Even if I did drink, I'd likely be having a PBR.

How big a donation did A/B make for that 'back off' message?

I have no doubt that's part of it... He got a big donation, or owed a favor, or knows someone within the InBev/AB hierarchy.

But he has always been neutral-left, leaning pro wrt LGBTQWERTY issues. Going way back. He does not see it as confusing and damaging. He does not possess the critical principles to guide him.  :shrug:

What is more to the point is that his fans routinely ignore this glaring error as if it didn't exist. That hypocrisy is profound. If you are pro-Tumpy, you are supporting woke. So if that is the case, have a Bud Light... It's right in line with your political progenitor.

(not !YOU!, Smoke)

:beer: