Author Topic: Trump calls time on Bud Light boycott and says it's paid the price for partnership with Dylan Mulvan  (Read 7815 times)

Offline American Girl

There's not a chance I’d help those guys. They dug a well-deserved hole after insulting their prime market with not only a trans campaign, but by verbally disparaging their customers.

The information from the article made me even more sure of my decision!

https://www.usasupreme.com/trump-urged-conservatives-to-give-bud-light-another-chance-but-if-they-do-their-money-would-go-to-bill-gates-heres-how/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Endorses Bud Light, Names Dylan Mulvaney As Running Mate
Politics · Feb 7, 2024 · BabylonBee.com

PALM BEACH. FL — In a surprise move, former President Donald Trump endorsed Bud Light as the "Official Beer Of MAGA" and announced trans icon Dylan Mulvany as his running mate in the 2024 election.

"Dylan Mulvaney is the greatest woman, the most fantastic woman, anyone who doesn't think so is a total RINO," said Trump at the announcement. "When you think of making America great, you think of baseball, Donald Trump, drinking Bud Light, and Dylan Mulvaney. We're going to take America back, believe me."

The controversial pick was met with immediate applause from the crowd at Trump's rally, who praised Bud Light's incredible taste and the radiant femininity of Dylan Mulvaney.

"Woo! I love Bud Light and trans women!! MAGA forever!" shouted Trump supporter Dale Miller. "No one knows how to bring back the soul of America like Trump. Hey Dylan! Hold my legs up so I can do a Bud Light keg stand!"

As of publishing time, Dylan Mulvany had graciously accepted Trump's invitation to join him on the GOP ticket and was working to unite Trump's base around the former president's new campaign slogan "Make America Gay Again".

https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-endorses-bud-light-names-dylan-mulvaney-as-running-mate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump getting 'bought out' after pleading for Bud Light to get 'second chance' over transgender fiasco: critics
Ariel Zilber
6–7 minutes

Donald Trump called for a cease-fire in the culture war over Bud Light’s transgender fiasco — a move that spurred critics to claim he was getting “bought out” by mega-brewer Anheuser-Busch.

The former president took to his social media platform Truth Social on Tuesday and declared that Anheuser-Busch was “not a woke company” and that it had already paid a “very big price” for Bud Light’s ad campaign featuring transgender social media influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

Trump added that it was time to move on from outrage over the ads, which he called “a mistake of epic proportions.”

The former president noted that Anheuser-Busch “spends $700 million a year with our great farmers” and employs 65,000 Americans.

Trump urged his followers to give Bud Light a “second chance” and to shun other companies that “are looking to destroy America!”

more
https://nypost.com/2024/02/07/business/donald-trump-getting-bought-out-as-he-defends-bud-light-critics/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Poo on Trump.

Adhering to what beer to drink based on a politican's suggestion is cultish at best.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I guess $5 million is "sizable". It is .004% of current company worth.  :shrug:

Didn't Trump say he couldn't be bought?   :pondering:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
So he owns stock in the product and tries to get it off the ass it got knocked onto due to poor marketing. Since when is that a crime? He is not in office, not passing legislation to help the brand, he is a private citizen trying to promote a product he is invested in.

BFD, already. Sheesh!

Nobody said it is a "crime".

But when there is a hotly-debated social issue on which many politicians are taking a stand, and one politician takes a stand that goes against the wishes of most of his supporters without disclosing that he has personal financial interest in the outcome, that's noteworthy.

Online roamer_1

He came out in support of Disney with their fight against Floridians, so this is no surprise.

He has a knack for stepping in front of political freight trains, figuring to repair the breach...

If he actually can, then he gets the 'W', but then there is no hope left for Americana.

If he can't, which I think is true, it indicates a superman complex to go with his overinflated ego...

And by rights that freight train he's standing in front of ought to mow him down.
Wouldn't that be nice.

happy77

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Trump is considering Dylan Mulvany as his running mate.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

Nobody said it is a "crime".

But when there is a hotly-debated social issue on which many politicians are taking a stand, and one politician takes a stand that goes against the wishes of most of his supporters without disclosing that he has personal financial interest in the outcome, that's noteworthy.

Yup

And like another poster mentioned, it deflates the “can’t be bought” meme

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
He has a knack for stepping in front of political freight trains, figuring to repair the breach...

If he actually can, then he gets the 'W', but then there is no hope left for Americana.

If he can't, which I think is true, it indicates a superman complex to go with his overinflated ego...

And by rights that freight train he's standing in front of ought to mow him down.
Wouldn't that be nice.

happy77
Well there were those trading cards he sold :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Well there were those trading cards he sold :silly: :silly: :silly:

The very moment I realized we had sank into the abyss of absurdity, and that this was (gag) our likely candidate.

Offline The_Reader_David

I don't care whether Dylan Mulvaney, Peyton Manning, Emmet Smith or Donald J. Trump is endorsing it. I still don't like Bud Light enough to purchase it, and so never actually boycotted it.  :beer:

:thumbsup:

It's weasel p**s, perhaps the lowest of the insufferable style of American pilsner that has to be so cold that only the alcohol, sugars snd CO2 keep it from freezing solid to even have a chance of being potable.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online roamer_1

Offline LMAO

It's weasel p**s, perhaps the lowest of the insufferable style of American pilsner that has to be so cold that only the alcohol, sugars snd CO2 keep it from freezing solid to even have a chance of being potable.

So, what you're saying is you don't like Bud Light? :pondering:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline GtHawk

Personally I can't drink any of the AB products and haven't since 70's when above and beyond the palatability factor I realized that they always triggered a migraine...not a hangover, a skull splitting migraine **nononono*

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Personally I can't drink any of the AB products and haven't since 70's when above and beyond the palatability factor I realized that they always triggered a migraine...not a hangover, a skull splitting migraine **nononono*

Yep.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

Let me know if Anheuser-Busch ever decides to reverse course by putting their stockholders ahead of their desire to push a left-wing political agenda.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

That migrain thing is Michelob for me... and sometimes Coors, though Coors Light doesn't do it...

As far as AB/ Bud/Bud Light, I've drank butt tons of the stuff, even though I am more a PBR, Miller, or Rainier guy... Pretty much every event I would care to attend ALWAYS has Bud and Bud Light as sponsors... It's super weird not seeing Bud banners flying at such events.

You guys are too hoity-toity for the likes of me. I am just fine with really crappy beer.

Offline GtHawk

That migrain thing is Michelob for me... and sometimes Coors, though Coors Light doesn't do it...

As far as AB/ Bud/Bud Light, I've drank butt tons of the stuff, even though I am more a PBR, Miller, or Rainier guy... Pretty much every event I would care to attend ALWAYS has Bud and Bud Light as sponsors... It's super weird not seeing Bud banners flying at such events.

You guys are too hoity-toity for the likes of me. I am just fine with really crappy beer.
I used to come home from work around midnight when I was 16-17 and crack open my Dad's Rheingold Ale or he might have had some Schlitz so I was never hoity toity when it came to beer, then too I was never a big drinker of beer or anything else :shrug: and only been blitzed/shitfaced drunk twice, somehow I always enjoyed staying sober enough to watch other people make fools of themselves :silly:

Online roamer_1

and only been blitzed/shitfaced drunk twice [...]

Well, me too...

From fourteen years old till around twenty one... And then again from twenty two till around thirty...  :whistle:

:silly: :silly:

Online roamer_1

Schlitz.. Oh yeah... Plenty of that back east...

What was that other one... Hileman's... HA! Hileman's Old Style. By the bucket... That's what my uncles and most of my friends in Chicago did. I can still remember up on the roof at my friend Kenny's house, Me and him, and his sister Marsha and a few others... blasted out of our minds for a football party.

Chicago knows their crappy beers.

Every now and then I can find Old Style out here for some reason... And I will always buy it up.

Offline LMAO

I used to come home from work around midnight when I was 16-17 and crack open my Dad's Rheingold Ale or he might have had some Schlitz so I was never hoity toity when it came to beer, then too I was never a big drinker of beer or anything else :shrug: and only been blitzed/shitfaced drunk twice, somehow I always enjoyed staying sober enough to watch other people make fools of themselves :silly:

The drinking age was 18 when I became old enough to drink. At 18, you don't have a lot of money so we drank the cheapest swill we could find. Red White and Blue, Hamms, Black Label.. the cheaper the better

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

Men should act like men, and light beer should taste like beer.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

The drinking age was 18 when I became old enough to drink. At 18, you don't have a lot of money so we drank the cheapest swill we could find. Red White and Blue, Hamms, Black Label.. the cheaper the better

At 15, I was too young to buy beer.  So I bought weed instead.  And not once did I ever get carded by the dope man.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

At 15, I was too young to buy beer.  So I bought weed instead.  And not once did I ever get carded by the dope man.

I was the gopher for the largest speed shop and the motorcycle shop next door - And every vendor knew it. I can't remember ever throwing an ID at a vendor of any kind in my life. So I could always buy beer. Always.

My first time sauced was with the Old Man. I was drinking in the Wild Horse, Four Corners, the Dixie Inn, and Moose's far below the drinking age. Heck, I was bouncing in the Four Corners before I could legally drink.