Author Topic: Donald Trump has a big problem ahead  (Read 1601 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Donald Trump has a big problem ahead
« on: January 24, 2024, 12:57:08 am »

A whole swath of GOP voters appears firmly committed to not voting for Trump in November.

Donald Trump has a problem no matter what happens in New Hampshire on Tuesday night: There’s a whole swath of the Republican electorate and a good chunk of independents who appear firmly committed to not voting for him in November if he becomes the nominee.

It’s an issue that became starkly apparent in polling ahead of the Iowa caucuses, when an NBC News/Des Moines Register/Mediacom poll of voters in that state found that fully 43 percent of Nikki Haley supporters said they would back President Joe Biden over Trump. And it’s a dynamic that has been on vivid display as the campaign shifted this week to New Hampshire.

“I can’t vote for Trump. He’s a crook. He’s too corrupt,” said Scott Simeone, 64, an independent voter from Amherst, who backed Trump in 2016 and 2020. “I voted for him, and I didn’t realize he’s as corrupt as he is.”

Read More: https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/23/trump-moderate-republicans-problem-00137112

So explain to me how is Trump going to win without the independents voting for him.  I'm listening.

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Hoodat

Re: Donald Trump has a big problem ahead
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 01:00:14 am »
On top of that, a swath of Democrat voters are so committed to defeating Trump that they are investing the time to change their voter registrations to vote against him in the GOP Primary.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 01:02:45 am »
A whole swath of GOP voters appears firmly committed to not voting for Trump in November.

Donald Trump has a problem no matter what happens in New Hampshire on Tuesday night: There’s a whole swath of the Republican electorate and a good chunk of independents who appear firmly committed to not voting for him in November if he becomes the nominee.

It’s an issue that became starkly apparent in polling ahead of the Iowa caucuses, when an NBC News/Des Moines Register/Mediacom poll of voters in that state found that fully 43 percent of Nikki Haley supporters said they would back President Joe Biden over Trump. And it’s a dynamic that has been on vivid display as the campaign shifted this week to New Hampshire.

“I can’t vote for Trump. He’s a crook. He’s too corrupt,” said Scott Simeone, 64, an independent voter from Amherst, who backed Trump in 2016 and 2020. “I voted for him, and I didn’t realize he’s as corrupt as he is.”

Read More: https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/23/trump-moderate-republicans-problem-00137112

So explain to me how is Trump going to win without the independents voting for him.  I'm listening.

Well, certainly some independents won't vote for him.  But then, there's some that won't vote for Biden either so I'm not sure where that gets us.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024, 01:04:28 am »

Everyone is contemplating that Trump will be the nominee -- I still think it's going to be Haley. 

Should Trump win the nomination, I expect Joe will step down and they'll insert someone else. The left just isn't going to let Trump near the WH.

Either way .... we will continue to see the demise of our country.

Though one needs to reflect back on how things were under Trump -- energy independent, stocked shelves, respect around the world, low unemployment, lower inflation .... that is what Trump is counting on, but I don't think it's going to be enough. Very few of his policies took hold. The border sure as heck never got secured.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 01:13:44 am »
Trump is toxic.

Always has been.

Now we pay the price.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024, 01:15:42 am »
Trump is toxic.

Always has been.

Now we pay the price.

I’d like to think another defeat of Donald Trump would wake up some of his base but we’ve been on a losing streak with him since 2018 and that hasn’t changed their minds yet
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2024, 01:17:03 am »
Trump is toxic.

Always has been.

Now we pay the price.

Yep. Best case is a useless 4 more years governed by EO.
Worst case is 4 more years of Democrat.

Lose, lose.

May as well wander off and hunker down.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2024, 01:18:41 am »

Anecdotal evidence, but I personally know several people who did vote for Trump at least once, but will not be voting for him this time

I voted for him in 2020 but won’t be doing so in 2024. My wife voted for him twice, but will not be voting for him in 2024.

Hey, look on the bright side. Our choices can’t get any worse for 2028 right?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2024, 01:18:52 am »
I’d like to think another defeat of Donald Trump would wake up some of his base but we’ve been on a losing streak with him since 2018 and that hasn’t changed their minds yet

They'll never hear you - They've got the bit in their teeth.
'Murca, Baybee.  *****rollingeyes***** :shrug: **nononono*

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2024, 01:27:33 am »

Trump again.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2024, 01:40:39 am »

Not just independents

But if a number of Republicans won’t vote for him, were are his votes going to come from?

Blue Dog Democrats? Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2024, 01:56:24 am »
Trump is toxic.

Always has been.

Now we pay the price.

And now you know why they call Republicans 'The Stupid Party'.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2024, 02:05:56 am »
Not just independents

But if a number of Republicans won’t vote for him, were are his votes going to come from?

Blue Dog Democrats? Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

But MAGA is really popular!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2024, 02:09:00 am »
Trump again.

Another 4 years of DEMS ruling and we won't need to worry about who's going to run in '28.  This country won't make it.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2024, 02:10:50 am »
Trump won in 2016 because Hillary was widely hated. Now Trump is the GOP's Hillary.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2024, 02:24:18 am »
Another 4 years of DEMS ruling and we won't need to worry about who's going to run in '28.  This country won't make it.

We’ll make it. The challenges will be greater but we’ve been around for almost 250 years and I doubt the next four years will be the end just because a political party is in charge

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2024, 02:24:57 am »
Trump won in 2016 because Hillary was widely hated. Now Trump is the GOP's Hillary.

Look, I don't think either party wants to see another Biden/Trump war.  That is why I'm pretty confident that they are going to have Joe step down and insert someone younger, someone of color, someone with name recognition -- I'm still thinking Big Mike.

Again, just my opinion.

For now, Haley v Trump is making Trump and his supporters feel great about things which is exactly what the DEMS want.  IF for some reason Trump can't win -- then, worst case scenario Haley is seated and they can well control her.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2024, 02:26:30 am »

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2024, 02:32:47 am »
We’ll make it. The challenges will be greater but we’ve been around for almost 250 years and I doubt the next four years will be the end just because a political party is in charge

??? They've been in control.  Perhaps they haven't always held a majority, but they have maintained control and they have rendered the GOP incompetent because of leaders like McConnell, Boehner, and Ryan who have sided with them.

Challenges?  NYC, and Chicago are just a glimpse of what our country will look like. 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2024, 02:36:25 am »
??? They've been in control.  Perhaps they haven't always held a majority, but they have maintained control and they have rendered the GOP incompetent because of leaders like McConnell, Boehner, and Ryan who have sided with them.

Challenges?  NYC, and Chicago are just a glimpse of what our country will look like.

NYC and Chicago have been high crime areas since as long as I remember. The only break NYC got was under Guliani(sp)

Barry Goldwater

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2024, 05:40:26 am »
Anecdotal evidence, but I personally know several people who did vote for Trump at least once, but will not be voting for him this time

I voted for him in 2020 but won’t be doing so in 2024. My wife voted for him twice, but will not be voting for him in 2024.

You just had to say it! Now for sure 2028 is jinxed :tongue2: :silly:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2024, 05:49:28 am »

Challenges? NYC, and Chicago are just a glimpse of what our country will look like.
More likely like Tijuana  **nononono*

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2024, 03:39:59 pm »

I wish someone would have asked this guy to name the corruption.
And then asked him about the millions that Biden is receiving from China, etc.

In the past, much was said about the "low information voters."
At least as bad is the problem we have with BAD information voters!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2024, 03:50:24 pm »
Everyone is contemplating that Trump will be the nominee -- I still think it's going to be Haley. 

Though one needs to reflect back on how things were under Trump -- energy independent, stocked shelves, respect around the world, low unemployment, lower inflation .... that is what Trump is counting on, but I don't think it's going to be enough. Very few of his policies took hold. The border sure as heck never got secured.  :shrug:

Haley? She's losing every election by at least 30 points!

Good short list of the great things Trump did for us.
People need to be reminded of WHAT THEY LIVED
to overcome the rabid, mindless hate that is the essence of the "Democratic" Party.

The border DID get secured! (Mostly.)
Until China Joe unsecured it on day one.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2024, 04:17:22 pm »
Honestly, if this turns out to be a two-man race, I think Joe Biden has more headwinds to deal with than Donald Trump. I am not particularly fond of either of them, but Trump's record is far better than Biden's by almost any measure.