Author Topic: Donald Trump has a big problem ahead  (Read 1596 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Donald Trump has a big problem ahead
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2024, 04:20:48 pm »
Honestly, if this turns out to be a two-man race, I think Joe Biden has more headwinds to deal with than Donald Trump. I am not particularly fond of either of them, but Trump's record is far better than Biden's by almost any measure.

I would take a little better than assured destruction any day.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2024, 04:57:34 pm »
A whole swath of GOP voters appears firmly committed to not voting for Trump in November.

Donald Trump has a problem no matter what happens in New Hampshire on Tuesday night: There’s a whole swath of the Republican electorate and a good chunk of independents who appear firmly committed to not voting for him in November if he becomes the nominee.

It’s an issue that became starkly apparent in polling ahead of the Iowa caucuses, when an NBC News/Des Moines Register/Mediacom poll of voters in that state found that fully 43 percent of Nikki Haley supporters said they would back President Joe Biden over Trump. And it’s a dynamic that has been on vivid display as the campaign shifted this week to New Hampshire.

“I can’t vote for Trump. He’s a crook. He’s too corrupt,” said Scott Simeone, 64, an independent voter from Amherst, who backed Trump in 2016 and 2020. “I voted for him, and I didn’t realize he’s as corrupt as he is.”

Read More: https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/23/trump-moderate-republicans-problem-00137112

So explain to me how is Trump going to win without the independents voting for him.  I'm listening.

I heard someone say on Youtube Trump isn't talking enough about Biden's weakest point: inflation. The race is Trump's to lose at this point.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2024, 05:04:36 pm »
America has a big problem ahead.  Our binary party choices are getting progressively worse and progressively older.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2024, 05:25:03 pm »
I heard someone say on Youtube Trump isn't talking enough about Biden's weakest point: inflation. The race is Trump's to lose at this point.

Trump can’t talk about inflation because he laid the groundwork for it

If Trump wants to talk about something that Biden’s weak point, the border is a much better issue for him
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2024, 06:50:04 pm »
All Trump really has to do is take on the Reagan campaign slogan...."Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?"  He'd likely win....

According to the exit polls the economy and the border are the issues voters are most concerned about.

Trump needs to lay out a solid path forward on these issues -- no b.s., and he needs to make sure that as president he would have the authority to do so.

It's going to be Biden's or the DEMS economy vs. Trump's economy.  The border is rather obvious.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2024, 06:50:47 pm »
bkmk

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2024, 07:14:52 pm »

Haley? She's losing every election by at least 30 points!

Yeah, but without the added baggage of convictions. Stay tuned. Because @libertybele 's prediction could easily come true.

Good short list of the great things Trump did for us.
People need to be reminded of WHAT THEY LIVED

Alright... Howabout lockdowns and six feet apart? Y'all always foget that part.
Howabout the massive crash of markets and the enormous loss of jobs and businesses, never to rise again?
Great things my ass.
Indeed, it seems, people DO need to be reminded of what they LIVED.

NEVER FORGET.

to overcome the rabid, mindless hate that is the essence of the "Democratic" Party.

The border DID get secured! (Mostly.)
Until China Joe unsecured it on day one. [/size]

No, it didn't. At all.

And I know you won't reply. There is no way your emotional attachment to the 'good days' can stand before reason and fact.
But what you yearn for never was. The truth of that is unassailable.
As for the hateful Democrats, you're wrong.

What's hateful is your government - The very same one you think your boy can control.
He cannot, and will not. Because he is like them.

What will control it is to take away it's power from BOTH sides.
And that is by reduction.
Conservatism.
Fiscal Conservatism.

The exact opposite of what you are standing upon.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2024, 07:16:11 pm »
All Trump really has to do is take on the Reagan campaign slogan...."Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?"  He'd likely win....

That worked for Reagan because he was an outsider

Many of the economic problems were going through got their start during the Trump administration.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2024, 07:24:44 pm »

Yeah... He stole MAGA from Reagan... Why not that too?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2024, 08:10:22 pm »
Yeah... He stole MAGA from Reagan... Why not that too?
Next thing ya know he'll steal "There you go again" too! :whistle: