Author Topic: DeSantis: Trump Could Have Pardoned Nonviolent January 6 Protesters and Chose Not To  (Read 1952 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DeSantis: Trump Could Have Pardoned Nonviolent January 6 Protesters and Chose Not To

Pam Key 18 Dec 2023

Governor Ron DeSantis (R-FL) said Monday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” that former President Donald Trump could have pardoned nonviolent January 6 protestors while he was still president but chose not to.

Co-host Mika Brzezinski asked, “Just over the weekend he was talking about the January 6 insurrectionists, those who were tried and convicted as hostages and he was talking about dictators around the world and how much he loves them and he’s such good friends with them. You don’t have any concern about the comments that he is making?”

DeSantis said, “Well, it’s interesting on the January 6 protests, I mean, he called that rally knowing that that was going to be in D.C. where things could get potentially out of hand. And he’s now saying he would do clemency for the, I guess, the nonviolent. But he could have done that. When he was president. He could have said, look, this was, he could have taken responsibility. He could have said that the people that, not the violent people, obviously, that’s a different, it’s a bird of a different feather but on the people that were there just as protesters and kind of got caught up he could have granted clemency to them and he chose not to because I think he was told that if he did that he could potentially risk being convicted at a Senate impeachment trial. He could have done that before he left office.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/12/18/desantis-trump-could-have-pardoned-nonviolent-january-6-protesters-and-chose-not-to/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Trump is out for himself period.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
He could and should have, but he didn't because there was no benefit to him.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Gov. DeSantis could have returned the dozens phone calls placed to him asking for help from family members of Floridian J6 hostages sitting in jail without benefit of trial for more than a year.  There were more Floridians in jail than from any other state.  The schmuck still refuses to return even one call --- in almost three years.

GFY, Meatball.

Online libertybele

Gov. DeSantis could have returned the dozens phone calls placed to him asking for help from family members of Floridian J6 hostages sitting in jail without benefit of trial for more than a year.  There were more Floridians in jail than from any other state.  The schmuck still refuses to return even one call --- in almost three years.

GFY, Meatball.

Where are the links to all this tidbit of information??? Not Trump talking point tweets, but actual substantial proof.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

GFY, Meatball.

Governor (of Florida, doncha know) DeSantis does not have, and never has had, any power to do anything about people imprisoned because of actions on January 6th.

Donald Trump was the President, had the power of pardon, and chose not to use it.

That's a rather significant distinction to anyone who isn't huffing orange-tinted farts.

Offline Hoodat

Where are the links to all this tidbit of information??? Not Trump talking point tweets, but actual substantial proof.

@Right_in_Virginia just blurted out the first lie that popped in her head.  Again.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Ahem...

Didn't most (all?) of the arrests occur AFTER Mr. Trump was out of office?

Ahem...

Didn't most (all?) of the arrests occur AFTER Mr. Trump was out of office?

Yes @Fishrrman they did --- and they rotted I jail for more than a year before being charged.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 12:31:36 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Google it.  I'm tired of reposting on command @libertybele

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I think we all can agree on one point. Mr. Trump is Satan incarnate. Trump is the horror of horrors! Trump is the end of time!

Now that we start from that premise, we can begin to discuss what he may or may not have done.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

Google it.  I'm tired of reposting on command @libertybele

I Googled 'lies about DeSantis', and your name kept popping up.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

Governor (of Florida, doncha know) DeSantis does not have, and never has had, any power to do anything about people imprisoned because of actions on January 6th.

Donald Trump was the President, had the power of pardon, and chose not to use it.

That's a rather significant distinction to anyone who isn't huffing orange-tinted farts.

Bear in mind, these are the same people who believe Trump can issue Executive Orders at will to "fix" the country
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

@Right_in_Virginia just blurted out the first lie that popped in her head.  Again.

I've learned to be very skeptical of many of her claims. I think we all have
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
We have video of Donald Trump having gay sex with Vladimir Putin.
Putin is planning his move to Mar-a-lago, he is bagging up his stuff.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline corbe

If a Germaphobe had sex with a P0rn Star, anything is possible. @240B
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

He had 13 days to figure it out BUT anyone of any consequence left in his Administration was talking to his/her Lawyer and was rather preoccupied.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 01:53:22 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Let’s be fair.  Trump didn’t have very long after this happened.  And I don’t believe many were arrested for a good while.  I don’t think there were many people Trump could pardon.

That said, I have my doubts Trump would’ve done much.  He did nothing to insist the real riots stop.  Why bother with some out of view (post-protest) protestors?
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Julie Kelly
@julie_kelly2

Blames Trump for J6, makes absurd claim he could’ve granted clemency for people who we not arrested or charged until after Jan 20, 2021.

DeSantis again refuses to denounce DOJ’s abusive and ongoing prosecution of J6ers to instead indulge Joe and Mika.

What a fraud…

12:45 PM · Dec 18, 2023

Offline corbe

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

The Ron DeSanctimonious “team” of misfits and grifters has largely quit his campaign to go on to greener pastures. It has been a terrible experience for them as they have watched their candidate fall violently from the sky like a wounded bird. Jeff Roe, his “chief strategist” and head of his PAC, “Always Back Down,” after having done major surgery on Ron’s wallet, couldn’t get out of town fast enough. Now Jeff can spend full time in Texas working with Ted Cruz, formerly known as Lyin’ Ted, who is working hard to get back the magic they had together in 2016!

1.92k ReTruths
7.12k Likes
Dec 18, 2023, 12:15 AM

Yesterday he attacked Chip Roy (R-TX) also and called him a RINO.
  Conservatism really bugs that Orange man.

Online LMAO

What bugs him is the lacking of adulation from people like Chip Roy, that he feels entitled to. He will endorse the most radical Democrat against anybody who he feels isn’t showing him enough adoration

Why did he go after people like Ron DeSantis even before Election Day 2022? Why did he endorse Stacey Abrams over Brian Kemp in the Georgia gubernatorial race in 2022? Why is he going after Chip Roy calling him a RINO? Because all of these and others have shown that you can win, and win handily, without the Trump endorsement. If we take the definition of what we call a RINO, Donald Trump fits that description more than people like Chip Roy

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Donald Trump gives a shout out to whatever Democrat runs against Chip Roy.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 03:46:14 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Yes @Fishrrman they did --- and they rotted I jail for more than a year before being charged.

No, they didn't.  Quit making things up.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

And he resurrects the "Lyin' Ted" thing after Cruz supported him anyway.  What a dirtbag.

Online libertybele

And he resurrects the "Lyin' Ted" thing after Cruz supported him anyway.  What a dirtbag.

It's hard to believe Trump supporters still believe all his hype; the guy is unhinged and his attacks against conservatives and conservatism is only going to get worse. He's entrenched in his NY liberal values.

Online DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Weren't all January 6th protestors non-violent?  The MAGA Vichy collaborators keep telling me that the only people at the Capitol on January 6th were "peaceful tourists".

If some were non-violent, that implies some were violent.  That contradicts the "Peaceful Tourist" MAGA narrative.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.