Author Topic: Here’s What You Should Know About the Four Justices Who Deemed Trump Ineligible to Run for President  (Read 225 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Here’s What You Should Know About the Four Justices Who Deemed Trump Ineligible to Run for President
MATT MARGOLIS | 12:00 PM ON DECEMBER 21, 2023

Earlier this week, the Colorado State Supreme Court determined in a 4-3 ruling that Trump is ineligible under the 14th Amendment to appear on the ballot in the state. This nonsensical ruling essentially declares that even though Trump has never been convicted of, much less tried with sedition or participating in an insurrection, he is nevertheless guilty of such. The ruling is bound to be taken up by the Supreme Court, and experts on both sides of the aisle believe it will be promptly overturned.

But that doesn't change the fact that four justices in the highest court in the state of Colorado voted so egregiously. But there's something that might explain why.

Of course, the obvious thing is that the justices who sided against Trump were all appointed by Democrats. But even that doesn't fully explain everything because all seven of the justices were Democrat-appointed. But, there is something that separately the 4 justices who voted to ban Trump from ballot and the three who didn't.

https://pjmedia.com/matt-margolis/2023/12/21/heres-what-you-should-know-about-the-four-justices-who-deemed-trump-ineligible-to-run-for-president-n4924912
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Wouldn't this just be a due process violation?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Exactly, and by a body that has no jurisdiction over the matter, regardless of how much they shower themselves with authority.
The Republic is lost.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I believe so.  Absent a conviction under 18 U.S.C. 2383, or a Senate conviction, it's a classic due process violation in my opinion.

If there had been such a conviction, Colorado would have had the right to remove him from the ballot.