Author Topic: DeSantis: Trump Could Have Pardoned Nonviolent January 6 Protesters and Chose Not To  (Read 1940 times)

Online libertybele

No, they didn't.  Quit making things up.

@Maj. Bill Martin I tried to find the actual interview I heard of the J6 prisoner on the Glenn Beck Show; IIRC he indeed was arrested and not given a court date --(he among several) this took place awhile ago and there is also another interview that was done in which the beatings and mistreatment of J6 prisoners was reported.  I lean heavily towards believing what I hear on Beck's show; his research tends to be accurate -- his predictions seem to be very accurate as well. I have no reason to doubt him or his research as it has always turned out to be true regardless of people who doubt him and call him a conspiracy theorist.

I could find audio from another podcast but the particular interview that I heard on Beck's show I couldn't find.

https://www.schillingshow.com/2023/11/21/in-the-gulag-j6-political-prisoner-jake-lang-speaks-out/

https://podcasts.apple.com/in/podcast/exclusive-jan-6-defendant-tells-glenn-hes-a/id620967489?i=1000565675612

« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 05:15:49 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No, they didn't.  Quit making things up.

888mouth. Educate yourself @Maj. Bill Martin

« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 08:13:58 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline berdie

And he resurrects the "Lyin' Ted" thing after Cruz supported him anyway.  What a dirtbag.

There does seem to be a pattern emerging.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
888mouth. Educate yourself @Maj. Bill Martin

I did.  Went to law school, doncha know.  You're the one who is just flat out ignorant here.

No January 6 person was held without being charged for a year.  That's a MAGA internet myth promulgated by either 1) ignorant people who think they know what they're talking about but don't, or 2) liars who know they're misleading people but don't care because it serves their narrative.

I assume you are the former, but if you're really not ignorant, then....yeah.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 09:52:22 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online roamer_1

It's hard to believe Trump supporters still believe all his hype; the guy is unhinged and his attacks against conservatives and conservatism is only going to get worse. He's entrenched in his NY liberal values.

He's not unhinged... He's just a liberal a******, like he's always been.
He's behavior has not changed a whit. It's how he rolls...
But folks are catching on...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@Maj. Bill Martin I tried to find the actual interview I heard of the J6 prisoner on the Glenn Beck Show; IIRC he indeed was arrested and not given a court date --(he among several) this took place awhile ago and there is also another interview that was done in which the beatings and mistreatment of J6 prisoners was reported.  I lean heavily towards believing what I hear on Beck's show; his research tends to be accurate -- his predictions seem to be very accurate as well. I have no reason to doubt him or his research as it has always turned out to be true regardless of people who doubt him and call him a conspiracy theorist.

I could find audio from another podcast but the particular interview that I heard on Beck's show I couldn't find.

https://www.schillingshow.com/2023/11/21/in-the-gulag-j6-political-prisoner-jake-lang-speaks-out/

https://podcasts.apple.com/in/podcast/exclusive-jan-6-defendant-tells-glenn-hes-a/id620967489?i=1000565675612

There is a big difference between being held without being charged, and being held pending trial.  Frankly, you get people who don't understand that difference, use the wrong words when describing their situation, and that's how myths get started.  Plenty of people who have been locked up misrepresent their status/situation.  Usually out of ignorance, though sometimes intentionally.

I can assure you 100% that has NOT happened.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 10:00:50 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Disclaimer: Not a Trump fan, which by now you all know.

That said... it was too early for Trump to have acted on their J6 behalf... also some needed charged if found doing some things seen on footage.

DeSantis would of been wise to have left this be... IMHO
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

That said... it was too early for Trump to have acted on their J6 behalf... also some needed charged if found doing some things seen on footage.

I agree with you.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online libertybele

There is a big difference between being held without being charged, and being held pending trial.  Frankly, you get people who don't understand that difference, use the wrong words when describing their situation, and that's how myths get started.  Plenty of people who have been locked up misrepresent their status/situation.  Usually out of ignorance, though sometimes intentionally.

The person interviewed had been held for over a year without being given a pending trial date-- I am not an attorney, and perhaps I misunderstood, but isn't this out of the norm???  What am I missing here??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Yahoo is reporting an incident where DeSantis was heckled during one of his speeches and reportedly wasn't able to maintain his train of thought.  As much flack as he has taken from Trump and the liberal media, I don't hold a whole lot of hope that he will be the nominee.

Haley appears to be the one that will run against Trump and if Trump for whatever reason can no longer run, she will be the GOP nominee.

I find a true conservative candidate already running into severe stumbling blocks disheartening...I was hoping just hoping for once conservatism would win.  Obviously that is just not going to happen anytime soon and perhaps maybe never.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/watch-ron-desantis-heckled-badly-123829894.html
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 10:56:31 pm by libertybele »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bele predicts:
"Haley appears to be the one that will run against Trump and if Trump for whatever reason can no longer run, she will be the GOP nominee."

If this happens, she will lose the election.
Not only lose, but lose BADLY -- I predict around 56-40% (with other votes going to Bobby jr.)
She will be trounced.
And she'll take the House AND Senate down with her...

Online libertybele

bele predicts:
"Haley appears to be the one that will run against Trump and if Trump for whatever reason can no longer run, she will be the GOP nominee."

Not only lose, but lose BADLY -- I predict around 56-40% (with other votes going to Bobby jr.)
She will be trounced.

IF it's Biden that she runs against, I think she has a chance, simply because Joe is that bad.  Jr. is running 3rd party so, I don't see him getting the bulk of the votes.

I still don't see Biden running and a lot is greatly going to depend on who the DEMS finally decide to run. 

Online roamer_1

I will concur. My experience is from the other side of the fence, but there is always a charge as a matter of course in an arrest. Your cannot be arrested without a charge. Arraignment is usually pretty quick... Where the court takes the case on as legit, and bail is set (or not)... trial takes a while.

To not levy charges means the LEOs AND Dept of Correction, AND the courts would have to be in collusion.

If they are gonna mess with you, it's going to be a long court date without bail. That would be likely.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 11:12:23 pm by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

The person interviewed had been held for over a year without being given a pending trial date-- I am not an attorney, and perhaps I misunderstood, but isn't this out of the norm???  What am I missing here??

Yes, if held without bail... Depending on the charge. You can be held while they are investigating and building a case. A friend of mine was in county for a year and a half on a murder charge... And won a self-defense claim at trial. The trial took less than a week, but took a long time to get there.

Offline corbe

Been there, did that, got the TShirt @libertybele   

Trump campaigns like a dem and he brought that $hit with him. 
What could you possibly expect from a NY liberal?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@libertybele  asked:

Yes, if held without bail... Depending on the charge. You can be held while they are investigating and building a case. A friend of mine was in county for a year and a half on a murder charge... And won a self-defense claim at trial. The trial took less than a week, but took a long time to get there.

...which is what many of the January 6th prisoners were in the worst of conditions...at The Left's direction...to make a public example and to extend the visual illusion of "insurrection" in the media.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

@libertybele  asked:

...which is what many of the January 6th prisoners were in the worst of conditions...at The Left's direction...to make a public example and to extend the visual illusion of "insurrection" in the media.

OK, but that is way different than not being charged... And arraigned. And provided with legal counsel.
As I said, more likely they were assigned a judge that would go along, and is draggin the thing out to leave em in stir.
Makes way more sense than the claim they are not charged, with LEOs and Corrections in collusion.

A fixed judge and a few Corrections LEOs to make your life hell is way more doable.

Offline LMAO

That's a MAGA internet myth promulgated by either 1) ignorant people who think they know what they're talking about but don't, or 2) liars who know they're misleading people but don't care because it serves their narrative.

Can it be both?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

For starters, that is not the same thing as not being charged.  That should be apparent from the actual words you just used.

Speedy trial protections kick in after you are charged, and while you are awaiting trial.   What usually happens when the trial doesn't happen fast is that the defendant has waived it, generally for time to build a defense.  The problem is that once you waive it, it can take awhile.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

OK, but that is way different than not being charged... And arraigned. And provided with legal counsel.
As I said, more likely they were assigned a judge that would go along, and is draggin the thing out to leave em in stir.
Makes way more sense than the claim they are not charged, with LEOs and Corrections in collusion.

A fixed judge and a few Corrections LEOs to make your life hell is way more doable.

This.

People don't get held for a year without charges except in Gitmo, regardless of what RiV claims.

Online Hoodat

And he resurrects the "Lyin' Ted" thing after Cruz supported him anyway.  What a dirtbag.

Still waiting for the first Trump supporter to point out a lie that Ted Cruz allegedly told.  It's been eight years, and not a one of them has fessed up and admitted that the 'Lying Ted' schtick is the real lie.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

A trial date for what?  If they are waiting for a trial date, then they have already been arraigned.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

bele predicts:

She will be trounced.

Uh that will be Trump if he is the nominee..

How would she lose and take down the House and Senate with her?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline mountaineer

Pedro L. Gonzalez
@emeriticus
Team Trump launched a bogus ethics complaint in March to try to ballot disqualify DeSantis. They tried to weaponize the system against him. No one, not even Tucker Carlson, said anything. But after the Colorado decision to disqualify Trump, DeSantis called on SCOTUS to kill it. Because it's the right thing.

So what did Team Trump do? They immediately used the moment to attack DeSantis and his supporters. Trump allies said he is a "POS"--they called him a "piece of shit." DeSantis, who said the Supreme Court should intervene in Trump's defense. And they are going to keep attacking him and his supporters because they don't actually care about unity or principle.

Matt Gaetz recently said he hoped there would be unity after the primary, regardless of the outcome. I doubt there will be, and this is why. It's also the reason Democrats win in the end. They are competent. They know how to use power. They reward friends and punish enemies. Whenever we say, "They've really overreached this time" or "Now they've crossed the Rubicon," they always come out fine. Often stronger than before. It's also due to the fact Democrats tend to stick together.

The GOP, as currently constituted and led, has none of the above going for it. Moments when we should have unity are reduced to opportunities for scoring cheap points against Trump's rivals. The previous big conservative news cycle was Trump demanding Chip Roy to be tossed out of the GOP simply because Roy didn't endorse him. Team Trump attacked Roy in the most vicious, disgusting way. But like DeSantis, Roy denounced the Colorado decision and defended Trump. It's the right thing, although Roy won't be rewarded for it.

Republicans are doomed under the status quo in the long term. This is a movement of people who do not care about anything but staying in Trump's good graces. That's why Democrats have been on a winning streak.
10:46 PM · Dec 19, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org