Author Topic: Casey DeSantis Just Urged Out-of-Staters to Illegally Caucus in Iowa.  (Read 6517 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Casey DeSantis Just Urged Out-of-Staters to Illegally Caucus in Iowa.
National Pulse, Dec 8, 2023

Casey DeSantis, wife of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, said the quiet part of their campaign strategy in Iowa out loud on Friday, urging out-of-state “Mamas for DeSantis” members to take part in the upcoming Iowa Caucus. The comments were made during an appearance on the Fox News Channel alongside her husband.

Mrs. DeSantis said the group was collectively encouraged to “descend upon the state of Iowa to be a part of the caucus.”

The Iowa GOP was forced to issue a statement pointing out that only legal Iowa residents could vote in the caucus and reminded voters to bring a photo ID. Participation in state caucuses and primaries are typically restricted to residents of the specific state, with Iowa’s caucus set to be the first contest in the 2024 presidential election cycle.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2023/12/08/casey-desantis-just-urged-out-of-staters-to-illegally-caucus-in-iowa/

« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 07:28:00 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Re: Casey DeSantis Just Urged Out-of-Staters to Illegally Caucus in Iowa.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 07:09:26 pm »
During interview w/ @marthamaccallum, Casey DeSantis called on an out-of-state coalition of mothers and grandmothers “to descend upon the state of Iowa to be a part of the caucus” and “let their voices be heard.”

“You do not have to be a resident of Iowa,” she said.  (Video)

https://twitter.com/PhilipWegmann/status/1733254656912998463

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2023, 07:16:09 pm »

« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 07:17:08 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2023, 07:19:00 pm »
They are getting pretty desperate.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2023, 07:21:40 pm »
Their voices can still be heard.  She did not indicate that they could vote. Same here in FL - you have to be a FL resident to vote in the FL caucus.

... After the Fox News appearance, Casey DeSantis clarified on X that by participating in the Iowa caucuses, she didn’t mean voting.

“While voting in the Iowa caucus is limited to registered voters in Iowa, there is a way for others to participate. I’m calling on mamas and grandmamas from all over the country to come volunteer in support of Ron DeSantis in the Iowa caucus,” she posted with a link for people to register to participate.

Speaking to reporters after the event, the Florida governor denied that his wife was encouraging people to illegally vote in the January 15 caucus, as some Trump-aligned users were suggesting on X.

After the Fox News appearance, Casey DeSantis clarified on X that by participating in the Iowa caucuses, she didn’t mean voting.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/09/politics/iowa-caucus-casey-desantis-moms/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2023, 07:22:34 pm »
What a crock of crappola from the Trumpers and Trump campaign!!!  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2023, 07:23:18 pm »
The Secretary of State website is ambiguous.  While it does say that one must be a registered Republican in Iowa to participate, there is also an allowance for those who are not registered to vote.

https://www.iowagop.org/2024caucus

I know what Casey meant.  She was talking about participation in the debate.  Can't find anything definitive on whether or not that is allowed.  But the point that we are even reading about this on yet another anti-DeSantis thread shows not only the childish pettiness of the Trump camp, but it also shows how afraid his sycophants are of a DeSantis win.  At which point Trump will do a repeat of 2016 by accusing DeSantis of election fraud just like he did with Cruz.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 07:28:50 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2023, 07:23:37 pm »
Casey DeSantis Just Urged Out-of-Staters to Illegally Caucus in Iowa.
National Pulse, Dec 8, 2023

Casey DeSantis, wife of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, said the quiet part of their campaign strategy in Iowa out loud on Friday, urging out-of-state “Mamas for DeSantis” members to take part in the upcoming Iowa Caucus. The comments were made during an appearance on the Fox News Channel alongside her husband.

Mrs. DeSantis said the group was collectively encouraged to “descend upon the state of Iowa to be a part of the caucus.”

The Iowa GOP was forced to issue a statement pointing out that only legal Iowa residents could vote in the caucus and reminded voters to bring a photo ID. Participation in state caucuses and primaries are typically restricted to residents of the specific state, with Iowa’s caucus set to be the first contest in the 2024 presidential election cycle.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2023/12/08/casey-desantis-just-urged-out-of-staters-to-illegally-caucus-in-iowa/

Nice try. The National Pulse??  *****rollingeyes*****

No ILLEGAL voting was NOT what she meant. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2023, 07:24:17 pm »
Casey is incorrect.  One must be a registered as a Republican in Iowa to participate in a GOP caucus.

Again, she did NOT say to vote. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2023, 07:25:00 pm »
Whether this was a result of ignorance of how the process works on her part or something more sinister I guess it’s up to readers to decide

But no, you absolutely have to be a resident of Iowa to vote in their caucus. The rules are pretty cut and dry

Again -- read the clarification that indicates that she did NOT say to vote!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/09/politics/iowa-caucus-casey-desantis-moms/index.html

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2023, 07:29:45 pm »
Again, she did NOT say to vote.

Yeah, that part I got already.  Just wanted to know what the rules were.  I have retracted my statement.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2023, 07:31:16 pm »
Again -- read the clarification that indicates that she did NOT say to vote!

Apparently, that doesn’t matter. What matters is the Trump narrative - “Jill” is encouraging voter fraud.
I spent a quick minute at TOS. They are practically orgasmic over this.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online LMAO

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2023, 07:31:18 pm »
If there are any briefers from Iowa, is it legal to be involved in the Iowa caucus outside of actually voting? I’m unfamiliar with their rules

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2023, 07:32:12 pm »
Yeah, that part I got already.  Just wanted to know what the rules were.  I have retracted my statement.

As did I

We should have known better considering the history of both Trump and RIV
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2023, 07:32:57 pm »
Trumpkins have found their conspiracy theory.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2023, 07:34:47 pm »
Donald Trump claims Ted Cruz 'stole' Iowa caucuses and calls for new election

TeeMcSee  |  3 Feb 2016  |  11.03 EST

Donald Trump has claimed Ted Cruz committed “fraud” in his successful campaign to win the Republican Iowa caucuses on Monday, and has called for a new election.

The businessman, who came in second in Iowa, tweeted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/694890328273346560

Earlier, Trump accused Cruz of “stealing” the election in the key state, the first to vote in this stage of the 2016 presidential election.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/694879900256354304

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/03/donald-trump-ted-cruz-stole-iowa-caucuses-new-election

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2023, 07:35:07 pm »
What a crock of crappola from the Trumpers and Trump campaign!!!  :

It's actually encouraging voter fraud from the DeeDaas and their campaign @libertybele   Ron Desantis is proving to be too stupid for even Poop Czar in Trump's second administration.

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2023, 07:36:38 pm »

Delivered piping hot by the meatballs, themselves.  .  Dear Lord, the DeeDaas are stupid.

Online LMAO

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2023, 07:37:46 pm »

This appears to be another “DeSantis groomed young girls with alcohol” attempts on behalf of our very own RIV

I cannot find anywhere were she encouraged out of staters to vote in the Iowa caucus and therefore, I’ll declare this story BS until proven otherwise

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2023, 07:37:51 pm »
It's actually encouraging voter fraud from the DeeDaas and their campaign @libertybele 

Again, please stop posting lies on this forum.  Especially self-made lies.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2023, 07:38:07 pm »
It is a desperation move when you are asking for out of state people to come in and campaign for you after your own campaign effort is failing. Just my opinion. I will say the same thing for any candidate.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online LMAO

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2023, 07:40:01 pm »
It's actually encouraging voter fraud from the DeeDaas and their campaign @libertybele   Ron Desantis is proving to be too stupid for even Poop Czar in Trump's second administration.

So now that your narrative is crumbling , you still hang on to it and lash out at other members for pointing out you error

I would hope after getting caught in your many false claims some personal integrity would kick in but I guess not
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 07:42:27 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2023, 07:40:59 pm »
It is a desperation move when you are asking for out of state people to come in and campaign for you after your own campaign effort is failing. Just my opinion. I will say the same thing for any candidate.

Perhaps
But it’s not the same as encouraging voter fraud as the OP is claiming

Barry Goldwater

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2023, 07:41:35 pm »
Apparently, that doesn’t matter. What matters is the Trump narrative - “Jill”

"Jill" is from me ----- I just wanted to see if using it stll pisses you off.  Apparently it does, @deb   Thanks for sharing.  :laugh: