Author Topic: Trump’s VP: Ranking the candidates from most likely to least  (Read 4534 times)

Online corbe

Trump’s VP: Ranking the candidates from most likely to least
« on: December 04, 2023, 04:17:38 pm »
Trump’s VP: Ranking the candidates from most likely to least

BY BRETT SAMUELS - 12/02/23 4:01 PM ET

The Republican presidential primary calendar won’t officially kick off until the Jan. 15, 2024, Iowa caucuses, but former President Trump’s dominant position in the polls has already sparked chatter about who could join him on a general election ticket.

Trump is leading his primary rivals by an average of 60 percent at the national level and more than 20 percent in state surveys, creating a sense that the nomination is his to lose.

Some have started to look beyond the primary calendar and toward a rematch between Trump and President Biden, with former Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and others weighing in on who should join Trump on the GOP ballot.

Trump himself has offered fleeting insights into his view on a potential running mate. He told NBC’s Kristen Welker in a September interview that he liked the concept of picking a woman, “but we’re going to pick the best person.”

Here’s a look at some of the politicians seen as possible Trump running mates, ranked from most likely to less likely.

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4337919-trump-vp-ranking-potential-candidates/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Trump’s VP: Ranking the candidates from most likely to least
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 04:27:07 pm »
It's going to be Nikki Haley. And when it is, watch the MAGA crowd embrace this globalist neocon like she is the second coming. Why? Because MAGA is non-ideological. It is a cult.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 04:49:08 pm »
The only white male on that list, Mike Pompei, would be better than any of them, and a better President than han Trump.

But that's obviously not happening.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 04:51:13 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 08:14:10 pm »
We saw the same thing in 2016

MAGAs considered Goldman Sachs just a little bit better than Satan himself. Until Trump hired bankers from Goldman Sachs. Then they became one of the good guys.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 08:26:26 pm »
I think it's too early to speculate until the DEMS announce who they're really going to run as I am very doubtful it will be Joe or Chuckles. 

For now, I'd like to see him pick Byron Donalds for the simple fact that he is very conservative and has made a very good Representative and in thinking towards the future in '28, I would vote for him for president.  My other choice would be Noem.

I believe for the vote he needs someone either Black or a female.

My overall hunch though is he would pick Haley.

I still stand by my prediction that Trump will not be the nominee.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2023, 09:39:37 pm »
I'll say with 90% certainty it will be Bitch Haley.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2023, 09:52:47 pm »
For anyone thinking this was a serious article, MTG made the ranking.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2023, 10:51:57 pm »
Where are the white men?
That is... someone who actually might be qualified to do the job, if Mr. Trump could not?

(aside: consider where this "list" came from...)

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2023, 01:45:31 am »
It's going to be Nikki Haley. And when it is, watch the MAGA crowd embrace this globalist neocon like she is the second coming. Why? Because MAGA is non-ideological. It is a cult.

Read this in a fortune cookie?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2023, 01:47:41 am »
Where are the white men?

Haven’t you heard?

We are responsible for all the ills in the world
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2023, 01:56:17 am »
Yep. The same way I look at NeverTrumpers as irrational self-destructive ideological zealots.
As far as picking a White Man, Trump tried that with Pence (the Whitest guy in America) and he was a coward and a rat-fink.
In fact almost every White Man Trump hired viciously stabbed him in the back numerous times. The White man trope is over.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2023, 02:06:49 am »
Trump will pick the person who gives him the most platitudes but doesn't overshadow him.  In other words, an incompetent brown-noser.  Someone like Ronna McDaniel.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2023, 02:09:35 am »
Yep. The same way I look at NeverTrumpers as irrational self-destructive ideological zealots.
As far as picking a White Man, Trump tried that with Pence (the Whitest guy in America) and he was a coward and a rat-fink.
In fact almost every White Man Trump hired viciously stabbed him in the back numerous times. The White man trope is over.

Pence did the right thing as did Biden  when congressional Democrats protested the certification of Donald Trump’s win in 2017. I know that upsets MAGA. But would you be OK if Trump were to win in 2024 and Kamala Harris decided the election was rigged and refused to certify it? Both Biden and Pence did not want to set a bad precedent. That’s more important to me than soothing  Trump’s and his MAGAs butthurt

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2023, 02:10:47 am »
I know that upsets MAGA. But would you be OK if Trump were to win in 2024 and Kamala Harris decided the election was rigged and refused to certify it?

But . . . but . . . but that's different.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2023, 02:12:06 am »
But . . . but . . . but that's different.

If by some miracle Trump does win in 2024 I would be really curious to see what Kamala Harris does

She’s not very bright

Barry Goldwater

Online corbe

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2023, 02:12:24 am »
   Omarosa checks all the boxes for Trump.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2023, 05:14:09 am »
Read this in a fortune cookie?

@Right_in_Virginia

Silly Willy.  I thought you understood back room poltics better than that...... (1) Koch, Bush wing of the party goes all in last week for Nikki Haley (2)  That same faction basically controls the purse string of the RNC. (3) When Trump needs that funding, the level generously offered back will be contingent on adding her on the ticket as VPOTUS.

Is this a 100% certainty? Of course not, a lot can change between now and next summer. But from what I have seen how party politcs works before, this seems to be how its lining yp.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2023, 05:30:35 am »
Is this a 100% certainty? Of course not, a lot can change between now and next summer. But from what I have seen how party politcs works before, this seems to be how its lining yp.

It really doesn't matter who Trump picks.  He could pick AOC to be his VP, and his sycophants here would be parroting to us what a brilliant move that was.  Trump can do no wrong.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2023, 04:58:45 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Silly Willy.  I thought you understood back room poltics better than that...... (1) Koch, Bush wing of the party goes all in last week for Nikki Haley (2)  That same faction basically controls the purse string of the RNC. (3) When Trump needs that funding, the level generously offered back will be contingent on adding her on the ticket as VPOTUS.

You're thinking like a Unipartier @catfish1957   ----  and it's worthless.   :shrug:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2023, 05:01:25 pm »
You're thinking like a Unipartier @catfish1957   ----  and it's worthless.   :shrug:

I am not a uni-partier, and you damn well know that.  And you again as ususal deflected rather than giving a intelligent reason why you thought my point was wrong.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2023, 05:18:35 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Trump has shown repeatedly that principles go out the window if there's a deal that makes him better off personally.  It's why he's supported RINO's for GOP Chair, etc..

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2023, 05:27:38 pm »
Trump has shown repeatedly that principles go out the window if there's a deal that makes him better off personally.  It's why he's supported RINO's for GOP Chair, etc..

Plus Orangey also realizes he has no chance to win without RNC financial backing.

Personally, my wish is the RNC gives him ZERO, and every dollar is applied toward House and Senate races.  That because obstructing the next dim POTUS is probably a better option for us than having this Trojan Horse anyway.

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2023, 05:28:11 pm »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2023, 05:33:40 pm »
Honestly, just think what would happen if every Conservative and Moderate GOP member would turn on Tumpy in unison, and his ass is sent back to Trump Tower with his tail tucked between his legs.

He governs via insults and  intimidation..  Time to return the favor.   

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2023, 05:39:27 pm »
 ////00000////

Dionne Warwick ...

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.