Author Topic: Trump signals he’s out for revenge in second term  (Read 2289 times)

Online corbe

Trump signals he’s out for revenge in second term
« on: November 16, 2023, 05:01:12 pm »

BY BRETT SAMUELS - 11/16/23 6:00 AM ET

Former President Trump told his supporters earlier this year he would be their “retribution” if reelected.

He told supporters last week he would direct the Justice Department (DOJ) to investigate “every Marxist prosecutor in America.”

And Trump over the weekend vowed to “root out … the radical-left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country.”

Trump’s own words have made increasingly clear how fixated he is on revenge and targeting his perceived enemies if he wins a second term in the White House next November. The former president has openly mused in recent days that his own indictment has “released the genie out of the box” and would allow him to weaponize the government against his opponents.

His comments have raised alarms among critics, some of whom fear a second Trump administration will lack some of the guardrails that existed during his first four years in office.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4311194-trump-signals-revenge-in-second-term/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline MajorClay

Re: Trump signals he’s out for revenge in second term
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 05:33:22 pm »
 :amen:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 05:36:06 pm »
Trump is a petty vindictive paranoid psychopathic malignantly narcissistic S.O.B.

If he gets a second term as President, I fully expect his jack-booted Government thugs to seize me in my home while sleeping because I call him "Tangerine Mussolini", and occasionally "Cheet-O Messiah".

He'd probably send me to one his camps.  Who knows, maybe he'll follow the example of Latin American dictators, and just make me disappear.

Trump can do it and will do it because of his enablers and collaborators.  Trump is one person.  He alone cannot do much harm.  It will be his mob of sycophantic henchmen who'll enable and implement his reign of terror.

It can happen in America.  Trump tried on January 6th, and almost pulled it off using fear and terror to intimidate useful Congressional idiots to ignore the will of the voters.

The GOP's fealty to Trump is based upon grievance and fear.  Like any rabid dog, he'll bite the hands that make the mistake of feeding him.

The Corporate Media will be complicit in his rise to power because Trump is good for ratings and revenue.  Corporate Media whores will sell out Constitutional Federal Republicanism for profits.

Trump can't do it by himself, but he already has plenty of help to seat him upon his dictatorial throne.

Institutions and laws will not protect us as they have already been corrupted, and become more corrupt each day Trump is not in prison.

Feel free to write this off as hysterical hyperbole, but after the failed 1923 Munich Beer Hall Putsch nobody could have imagined that its leader, Adolph Hitler, would lawfully be elected undisputed, absolute Fuhrer of Germany.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2023, 05:53:35 pm »
Yet Hillary Clinton continues to walk free.  Trump ain't gonna do jack to his Establishment buddies.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2023, 06:11:13 pm »
Believe me, I'd love to see Hitlary behind bars for jeopordizing National Security with her illegal email server.

Ironically, it's the "exoneration" of Hitlary that made the DOJ / FBI so hesitant to act against Trump for January 6th.  If Trump gets a second term, its the ambivalence of Merrick Garland and the $h!t-stained legacy of James Comey that will allow it to happen.

The system is imploding because our "nation of laws" is being undone by "selective prosecution" and "prosecutorial discretion".  Let a Grand Jury or a jury decide if a crime was committed, not politically appointed or elected prosecutors.

Everyone has a right to a free trial by a jury of their peers, but it is only the privileged elitists that get a "Get Out of Jail Free" card.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2023, 06:16:26 pm »
Believe me, I'd love to see Hitlary behind bars for jeopordizing National Security with her illegal email server.

Ironically, it's the "exoneration" of Hitlary that made the DOJ / FBI so hesitant to act against Trump for January 6th.  If Trump gets a second term, its the ambivalence of Merrick Garland and the $h!t-stained legacy of James Comey that will allow it to happen.

The system is imploding because our "nation of laws" is being undone by "selective prosecution" and "prosecutorial discretion".  Let a Grand Jury or a jury decide if a crime was committed, not politically appointed or elected prosecutors.

Everyone has a right to a free trial by a jury of their peers, but it is only the privileged elitists that get a "Get Out of Jail Free" card.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2023, 07:48:29 pm »
Useless distraction. The promise of revenge should be an immediate disqualifier.
You cannot walk two paths. He should be about the nation's business, not his own.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2023, 11:06:09 pm »
Title and presumption:
"Trump signals he’s out for revenge in second term"

That sounds just fine to me.
Really.

Considering the abuse he has been subjected to since he won the first time in 2016, "revenge" is well-warranted.

I hope he gets it.

I make no apologies for this post, and I don't care what you think about that.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2023, 11:12:12 pm »
Title and presumption:

Really.

Considering the abuse he has been subjected to since he won the first time in 2016, "revenge" is well-warranted.

I hope he gets it.

I agree @Fishrrman All points!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2023, 12:29:05 am »
Useless distraction. The promise of revenge should be an immediate disqualifier.
You cannot walk two paths. He should be about the nation's business, not his own.

Great way of putting it.

Additionally, there are an awful lot of voters who don't like politicization of the justice system, and that helps Trump get votes.  But him promising to do the exact same thing to his opponents will turn off many of those same voters.  And I'm not talking leftists/Democrats here.  I'm talking about the persuadable voters in the middle.
 They want that stuff to stop, not just flip back and forth depending on who is in power.

But it is typical Trump.  Bluster and say stupid crap without regard to whether it helps you win or lose the election.  And it is stupid not only because of that, but because it is a threat he will be incapable of carrying out even if he did get elected.  He's just...an idiot.  These prosecutors aren't following orders from Biden, and new ones wouldn't follow orders from Trump.  But he thinks President is kinda/sorta like being King, so he can just order whatever he wants.

He's such an embarassment.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2023, 01:00:21 am »
Great way of putting it.

Additionally, there are an awful lot of voters who don't like politicization of the justice system, and that helps Trump get votes.  But him promising to do the exact same thing to his opponents will turn off many of those same voters.  And I'm not talking leftists/Democrats here.  I'm talking about the persuadable voters in the middle.
 They want that stuff to stop, not just flip back and forth depending on who is in power.

But it is typical Trump.  Bluster and say stupid crap without regard to whether it helps you win or lose the election.  And it is stupid not only because of that, but because it is a threat he will be incapable of carrying out even if he did get elected.  He's just...an idiot.  These prosecutors aren't following orders from Biden, and new ones wouldn't follow orders from Trump.  But he thinks President is kinda/sorta like being King, so he can just order whatever he wants.

He's such an embarassment.

But, as you see here, it gets whoot whoots.

Trump knows he's playing his supporters but they're too dense to figure it out. Hillary Clinton should have faced charges for her email/server scandal. But "she suffered enough"  I guess

I don't think the public at large wants to see the nation's government turn into nothing more than a battleground for the opposing sides. MAGAS may see themselves as warriors in the battle to "save America." The problem for them is the opposition also believes they're engage in a battle to save America from Trump. And they outnumber MAGAs

You want to end the federal government abuses? Simple. Reduce it's size. Quit funding it with deficits and printed currency
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 01:14:22 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2023, 02:09:16 am »
But, as you see here, it gets whoot whoots.

Exactly.  This is the most unserious we've ever been as a nation.  It's like people forget where we came from, and instead act like we're some third-rate banana republic looking for its next strongman.  Trump's the gringo Noriega living for the cheers of his supporters.  It's embarassing, and revolting.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2023, 02:14:39 am »
Exactly.  This is the most unserious we've ever been as a nation.  It's like people forget where we came from, and instead act like we're some third-rate banana republic looking for its next strongman.  Trump's the gringo Noriega living for the cheers of his supporters.  It's embarassing, and revolting.

Not as embarrassing and revolting as Brandon and all his crimes; yet Trump is the one that they want to bring down.  Just sayin'
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2023, 02:16:35 am »

We ARE a third-rate banana republic! Have been since 12/11/2020 when SCOTUS sealed the deal.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 02:18:42 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2023, 02:16:35 am »
Not as embarrassing and revolting as Brandon and all his crimes; yet Trump is the one that they want to bring down.  Just sayin'

I'd expect the left to support people like that.  Just thought we were different/better.  Instead, we appear to have a race to the bottom.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2023, 02:20:22 am »
We ARE a third-rate banana republic! Have been since 12/11/2020 when SCOTUS sealed the deal.

Unfortunately, very true!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2023, 03:26:14 am »

:pondering: I guess in that case the perfect theme song for his inauguration would be Elton John's The Bitch Is Back.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 03:27:07 am by GtHawk »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2023, 05:36:46 am »
Not sure I have a problem with getting revenge on all that corruption, just make sure to pull them dang trigger this time.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2023, 06:22:23 am »
There must be a reckoning.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2023, 06:45:54 am »

Yup

That does not mean that many of these alphabet agencies don’t need to be reigned in. Firing people isn’t enough. The structure of these agencies need to be changed to ensure that they can never abuse citizens again

People don’t elect  presidents to get revenge on their detractors
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 06:48:58 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2023, 11:46:24 am »

I'm not as willing as you are to throw in the towel on this country.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2023, 12:20:13 pm »
MAGA should be careful what they wish for. As much as they crave a Trump dictatorship, they may not end up with “their” dictatorship

Barry Goldwater

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2023, 01:10:16 pm »
MAGA should be careful what they wish for. As much as they crave a Trump dictatorship, they may not end up with “their” dictatorship

If MAGA is complaining about the so-called Biden dictatorship, then why do they want one? I just got another reason why I won't vote for Trump if he is the nominee.  You are right, MAGA better be careful in what they wish for.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2023, 01:13:42 pm »
There must be a reckoning.

The reckoning is an election, and the resulting replacement of the people who have done wrong.  Criminal prosecutions are up to the new U.S. Attorneys and the Attorney General, not the President.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 01:15:33 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2023, 01:17:14 pm »
Title and presumption:

Really.

I hope he gets it.

So you want a dictatorship just a long it's your guy who is the dictator.. Got it.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org