Author Topic: Trump signals he’s out for revenge in second term  (Read 2288 times)

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: Trump signals he’s out for revenge in second term
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2023, 01:35:30 pm »
Useless distraction. The promise of revenge should be an immediate disqualifier.
You cannot walk two paths. He should be about the nation's business, not his own.

And that is precisely Trump's problem.

He cannot ever seem to place the nation's interests above his own personal ones.

That is why he so commonly resorts to insults and threats, rather than articulating ideas and telling people what he would do to help rescue America and reverse Biden's disastrous policies.

It's not about us; it's always about him.

That is why he can't ever crack 47% in the polls - he turns off potential supporters in droves. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2023, 04:06:27 pm »
I'm not as willing as you are to throw in the towel on this country.

I didn't throw in the towel! SCOTUS did that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2023, 05:13:26 pm »
I didn't throw in the towel! SCOTUS did that!

How???
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2023, 05:47:07 pm »

How???

By refusing to take up a case in which they had ORIGINAL JURISDICTION! (Texas vs Pennsylvania)

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2023, 07:06:51 pm »
By refusing to take up a case in which they had ORIGINAL JURISDICTION! (Texas vs Pennsylvania)

You mean they didn't want to waste their time over a big lie.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2023, 09:22:39 pm »

So you want a dictatorship just a long it's your guy who is the dictator.. Got it.

I think that about sums it up.  A very common theme among his supporters.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2023, 09:26:08 pm »

SCOTUS rightly concluded that Texas did not have standing to challenge the application of Pennsylvania voting laws and procedures to Pennsylvanians in Pennsylvania.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2023, 09:31:26 pm »
Great way of putting it.

Additionally, there are an awful lot of voters who don't like politicization of the justice system, and that helps Trump get votes.  But him promising to do the exact same thing to his opponents will turn off many of those same voters.  And I'm not talking leftists/Democrats here.  I'm talking about the persuadable voters in the middle.
 They want that stuff to stop, not just flip back and forth depending on who is in power.

But it is typical Trump.  Bluster and say stupid crap without regard to whether it helps you win or lose the election.  And it is stupid not only because of that, but because it is a threat he will be incapable of carrying out even if he did get elected.  He's just...an idiot.  These prosecutors aren't following orders from Biden, and new ones wouldn't follow orders from Trump.  But he thinks President is kinda/sorta like being King, so he can just order whatever he wants.

He's such an embarassment.

All I can say is.... YUP.  :beer:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2023, 09:56:03 pm »

You mean they didn't want to waste their time over a big lie.

What was the lie?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2023, 09:59:22 pm »
SCOTUS rightly concluded that Texas did not have standing to challenge the application of Pennsylvania voting laws and procedures to Pennsylvanians in Pennsylvania.

Article II, Section 1

Texas does have standing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2023, 10:32:45 pm »

Absolute and total Bullshit @Maj. Bill Martin ! Practically the ONLY reason SCOTUS was created in the first place was for them to settle disputes between states and they did not give them discretion to punt cases they don't want to deal with!

And BTW: Texas vs Pennsylvania was about violations of the U. S. Constitution!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 10:35:28 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2023, 10:37:46 pm »
Absolute and total Bullshit @Maj. Bill Martin ! Practically the ONLY reason SCOTUS was created in the first place was for them to settle disputes between states and they did not give them discretion to punt cases they don't want to deal with!

Article III, Section 2

The judicial power shall extend to all cases, in law and equity, arising under this Constitution, the laws of the United States, and treaties made, or which shall be made, under their authority;--to all cases affecting ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls;--to all cases of admiralty and maritime jurisdiction;--to controversies to which the United States shall be a party;--to controversies between two or more states

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2023, 10:37:49 pm »

QFT.  :thumbsup:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2023, 10:39:19 pm »
I will stand with @Maj. Bill Martin .

Texas cannot dictate Penn's internal business.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2023, 10:42:18 pm »

Texas wasn't dictating it.  Texas was suing because Pennsylvania (and Georgia) were not following the Constitution whereas the rules regarding the selection of electors are formulated by State Legislators - not State Executives.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2023, 10:49:57 pm »
Texas wasn't dictating it.  Texas was suing because Pennsylvania (and Georgia) were not following the Constitution whereas the rules regarding the selection of electors are formulated by State Legislators - not State Executives.

Absolutely right! 100% @Hoodat
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 10:51:38 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2023, 10:51:22 pm »

You stand with whomever you like but you will still be wrong! @roamer_1

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2023, 10:56:29 pm »
SCOTUS delivered the final death blow to the formerly great United States of America that day (12/11/2020) and it's too late to fix it now because those executive decisions @Hoodat mentioned above have now been codified into law in several of those states.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2023, 11:05:59 pm »
I think that about sums it up.  A very common theme among his supporters.

It’s a very common theme among Extremists on both sides. I know two individuals in my life who said Trump was an authoritarian yet are cheerleading everything Biden is doing and had no problems with some of the things Obama did

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2023, 11:13:54 pm »

In that it is the Penn state legislators as a body that have standing, and no one else... OR state legislature is not the sole authority and therefore, arbiter of the state's elections, as the Constitution dictates.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2023, 11:15:38 pm »
You stand with whomever you like but you will still be wrong! @roamer_1

I don't think so @Bigun ... but here we go again, again... I guess.  :laugh:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2023, 11:25:34 pm »

I don't understand why that gives Texas standing, which has to be a particularized
harm not applicable to the general public.

Trump or Pence would have had standing.  So would members of the legislature, or maybe some Pa. Citizens.  But the idea of one state suing another because it doesn't like the way that state apportioned its own electors seems a massive stretch of standing.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2023, 11:35:27 pm »
YES!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2023, 11:39:14 pm »
Precisely! It is the State Legislatures which are empowered to make the rules for elections in their respective states, and no one else. Not judges, not executive branch of the state and not appointees.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2023, 11:44:51 pm »
I don't understand why that gives Texas standing, which has to be a particularized
harm not applicable to the general public.

Trump or Pence would have had standing.  So would members of the legislature, or maybe some Pa. Citizens.  But the idea of one state suing another because it doesn't like the way that state apportioned its own electors seems a massive stretch of standing.

There are apparently a lot of things you don't understand @Maj. Bill Martin beginning with what original jurisdiction means.

And BTW; it wasn't just Texas, half the states in this country joined Texas in the effort.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 11:47:25 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien