Author Topic: They Are Removing Trump From The Board. What Are You Going To Do About It?  (Read 5568 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: They Are Removing Trump From The Board. What Are You Going To Do About It?
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2023, 02:58:00 pm »
Can you imagine Reagan's reaction if he knew the presumptuous (overwhelming)  GOP candidate proposes $15T deficit spent tax dollars for Freedom Cities?  Also, have you noticed every DJT supporter at TBR avoids this topic like the plague?   Because...  DJT is more politically aligned to  FDR, than Reagan....  They just won't admit it.

I really didn't pay attention to his ideas of "Freedom Cities", so I looked it up.  Some of his ideas are whacky, like flying cars; perhaps to appeal to the younger generation.

The biggest take away is how is he going to pay for what he proposes?

Increase in tarriffs on Chinese goods.

Though this article is from CNN and dated, it is a reminder of what he wants to do, what it may cost and his liberalism that shines through.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/03/politics/donald-trump-freedom-cities-flying-cars/index.html

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2023, 03:12:56 pm »

Increase in tarriffs on Chinese goods.

Which are ultimately paid for by American consumers, and harm American businesses

Ask American farmers how that worked out for them when he did it the first time. And he’s promising to do more.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2023, 03:15:30 pm »
The one thing I don't think many Trump supporters realize is that when they (and Trump) trash conservatives that the rest of us like, it's basically saying "we don't believe in the same things you do.".  They often mock those who talk about Reaganism as being out of touch, etc..

So if we and your candidate don't believe in the same things...why would we support him?

The gap between limited government conservatives, and Donald Trump and his supporters is widening

I’ve seen some of his most loyal supporters here claim that the position to try to reign in the out of control, inflationary spending as wanting to throw grandma on the street or simply a sign of our selfishness.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2023, 03:18:58 pm »
Can you imagine Reagan's reaction if he knew the presumptuous (overwhelming)  GOP candidate proposes $15T deficit spent tax dollars for Freedom Cities?  Also, have you noticed every DJT supporter at TBR avoids this topic like the plague?   Because...  DJT is more politically aligned to  FDR, than Reagan....  They just won't admit it.

Cognitive dissonance.  Simply ignore facts that are inconvenient to the conclusion you're reached.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2023, 05:09:41 pm »
The one thing I don't think many Trump supporters realize is that when they (and Trump) trash conservatives that the rest of us like, it's basically saying "we don't believe in the same things you do.".  They often mock those who talk about Reaganism as being out of touch, etc..

So if we and your candidate don't believe in the same things...why would we support him?

That is... The destruction of Reagan's Conservative Coalition, not its preservation... Intending to replace it with something else... something much less.

Ignoring fiscal and libertarian issues is throwing those good conservatives under the bus.

I WILL NOT do that.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2023, 05:16:33 pm »

*FACTS* Tumpy is aligned LEFT - With NYC values, ways, and means.

At least his defenders no longer try to call him conservative, or try to call their movement conservative... because it's not. Now they're casting stones at Conservatism. At least that's a little more honest.  :whistle:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2023, 05:18:18 pm »
The gap between limited government conservatives, and Donald Trump and his supporters is widening

I’ve seen some of his most loyal supporters here claim that the position to try to reign in the out of control, inflationary spending as wanting to throw grandma on the street or simply a sign of our selfishness.

It's always been a mile wide... and growing.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2023, 05:37:34 pm »
I really didn't pay attention to his ideas of "Freedom Cities", so I looked it up.  Some of his ideas are whacky, like flying cars; perhaps to appeal to the younger generation.

I think the entire premise of a government-planned city is nuts.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2023, 05:43:24 pm »

On steroids.  It's also a particularly behind-the-times idea, more in line with prog thinking from the 1950s and 1960s than with anything in the 21st Century.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2023, 05:44:39 pm »

Haha well I was about to mention that DC was government planned but that may just prove your point! :P

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2023, 05:45:56 pm »

Been done before... Castles and serfs. And that's what it is. You will own nothing and be happy.  :whistle:

The new feudalism, at the door.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2023, 06:00:47 pm »

***agree

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2023, 09:18:24 pm »
***agree

I agree as well. The one and only reason I would want to see Trump attend a debate is for someone, anyone, to ask him about this. Yes, I am a dreamer, lol.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2023, 09:29:57 pm »

I agree as well. The one and only reason I would want to see Trump attend a debate is for someone, anyone, to ask him about this. Yes, I am a dreamer, lol.

Fact is, that the next GOP POTUS is going to mirror Reagan's 1st term, economically.  There won't be any money nor time to dream about 'Freedom Cities'.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2023, 09:51:58 pm »
Fact is, that the next GOP POTUS is going to mirror Reagan's 1st term, economically.  There won't be any money nor time to dream about 'Freedom Cities'.

"Dream"  So is that what Trump does, is dream about what he tells us he's going to do?   :tongue2:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2023, 10:38:44 pm »
"Dream"  So is that what Trump does, is dream about what he tells us he's going to do?   :tongue2:

I just chalked it up as a New Yorker's sarcastic retort to the Progressive ideas of "Green Cities".

There are Million Americans who ultimately just want to be left alone from the Environmentalist Wackos.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2023, 10:49:07 pm »
I just chalked it up as a New Yorker's sarcastic retort to the Progressive ideas of "Green Cities".

There are Million Americans who ultimately just want to be left alone from the Environmentalist Wackos.

Tumpsplainin' much?  happy77 :tongue2:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #142 on: September 14, 2023, 01:52:02 pm »

He wasn't "retorting" to anything.  He was advancing a series of policy proposals, and this was one of them.  There was no mention made of green cities or anything of the sort.

This is just his own big idea.

In any case...how are we supposed to determine when he is serious about something, and when he is just saying something for effect or as a retort?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 01:55:37 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #143 on: September 14, 2023, 01:55:06 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Enfant_Plan

Apparently I'm the only one who like's aspects of Trump's idea but then again, the chances of it being seen to reality are the same as us going to Mars this century.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #144 on: September 14, 2023, 04:33:40 pm »

This is just his own big idea.

In any case...how are we supposed to determine when he is serious about something, and when he is just saying something for effect or as a retort?

@Maj. Bill Martin

Demand to see the video of the speech...for needed context.  Or a audio track AND transcript from a reliable source/link  :shrug:

Just recently, Pres. Trump got into character at one of his events mocking the suggestion that he should hire an Attorney General who will indict all his political enemies. 

That didn't stop Nancy Pelosi saying to Anderson Cooper on CNN..."Well that would be a Banana Republic...without the banana!" (acknowledging that the USA is at least a decade away from being a REAL Banana Republic)

That's right.  That BLEEP had the gall to phrase the question to Pelosi as Pres. Trump actually promising/stating that would be his intent...to indict and arrest everybody that went after him.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 04:36:44 pm by DCPatriot »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2023, 09:25:29 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Demand to see the video of the speech...for needed context.  Or a audio track AND transcript from a reliable source/link

You clearly did not even look for that video yourself, so on what basis did you assume Trump was not serious about that proposal?

In any case, I did watch the entire proposal coming from his own mouth that appeared on his own website when this was first reported.  Here's the link if you want to view it yourself -it's less than 4 minutes long.

https://rumble.com/v2bksa4-agenda47-a-new-quantum-leap-to-revolutionize-the-american-standard-of-livin.html

He's very serious about this. He views it as equivalent to the space program, to get a new government-sponsored jumpstart into a higher standard of living.  That idea only confirms to me and others that Trump has no conception of what a limited government is actually supposed to mean.

No conservative would ever support, much less propose, such a thing.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #146 on: September 14, 2023, 10:05:34 pm »
He's very serious about this. He views it as equivalent to the space program, to get a new government-sponsored jumpstart into a higher standard of living.  That idea only confirms to me and others that Trump has no conception of what a limited government is actually supposed to mean.

Damn straight... Think that through... FEDERALLY controlled cities... Not only is that horridly unconstitutional (feds can't own property beyond their need for offices and mil bases)... think about what that means.

This is Cabrini Greens on steroids combined with the "company store' mentality.

This is 15 minute cities, but sculpted to be delivered to the right.

'Freedom' cities my ass. This may be the most nefarious thing he's ever tried to sell...

Offline LMAO

« Reply #147 on: September 14, 2023, 10:07:21 pm »
Damn straight... Think that through... FEDERALLY controlled cities... Not only is that horridly unconstitutional (feds can't own property beyond their need for offices and mil bases)... think about what that means.

This is Cabrini Greens on steroids combined with the "company store' mentality.

This is 15 minute cities, but sculpted to be delivered to the right.

'Freedom' cities my ass. This may be the most nefarious thing he's ever tried to sell...

But he’s also offering to pay his MAGA supporters money to have sex and make babies so it can’t be all that bad wink777

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2023, 10:19:02 pm »
You clearly did not even look for that video yourself, so on what basis did you assume Trump was not serious about that proposal?

In any case, I did watch the entire proposal coming from his own mouth that appeared on his own website when this was first reported.  Here's the link if you want to view it yourself -it's less than 4 minutes long.

https://rumble.com/v2bksa4-agenda47-a-new-quantum-leap-to-revolutionize-the-american-standard-of-livin.html

:thumbsup:

Offline corbe

« Reply #149 on: September 14, 2023, 10:19:38 pm »
But he’s also offering to pay his MAGA supporters money to have sex and make babies so it can’t be all that bad wink777

I was gonna post something about Jim Jones, David Koresh and Joseph Smith actually getting down in the bushes to repopulate their following but thought better of it.  ah h3ll.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.