Author Topic: If You Were A Sheep During Covid, Admit You Were Wrong And Do Better Next Time  (Read 1959 times)

Offline Kamaji

If You Were A Sheep During Covid, Admit You Were Wrong And Do Better Next Time

Those who were Covid cowards need to stand up against tyranny in the future. It’s the least they can do.

By: Evita Duffy-Alfonso
July 15, 2023

If you were one of those people who always diligently wore an ineffective mask, got the experimental vaccine and boosters, or performatively practiced social distancing, you really owe an apology to those who stood up for civil liberties during Covid and must commit to being smarter and braver in the future.

The Covid years mark what was arguably the greatest encroachment on personal freedom and bodily autonomy in the history of our country. The government decimated the American economy by forcibly closing businesses. It enacted unethical and anti-science mask mandates and government employee vaccine mandates, even though the Covid shots do not prevent people from spreading or contracting the virus.

Many counties and cities made life for the unvaccinated as uncomfortable as possible, with some prohibiting them from dining in restaurants and going to the gym or entertainment venues. Meanwhile, private businesses and schools had their own social distancing, vaccine, and mask requirements, with even many churches bending the knee.

It was at least somewhat reasonable to wear a mask or social distance at the very beginning of Covid because there were so many unknowns about the virus. Yet the insanity lasted for years, well after it was clear the response to the virus was causing more harm than good and studies showed the lockdowns were futile, cloth masks were not effective, and the vaccine was causing serious injuries. 

Thanks to the inaction of millions of Americans, the response to Covid irreversibly damaged our country. Yes, people lost their livelihoods, and it stunted the education of an entire generation of children, with hundreds of thousands to this day still reportedly missing from school systems across the country. However, it also set an alarming precedent that in America we willingly give up essential liberty anytime federal bureaucrats claim we are facing a public “emergency.”

Even worse is the example Covid set for younger generations. Perhaps nowhere in America was Covid more authoritarian than on college campuses, where young people were taught that mental submission, creepy surveillance, and Covid violation reporting systems were essential, virtuous, and even normal.

The ramifications of the Covid response will be felt for decades. If we learned anything from the WEF’s “Great Reset,” it’s that Covid is no one-off. Now that our leaders have watched the majority of the population relinquish their liberties for a virus comparable for many in the general population to the seasonal flu, they’re going to whip out the Covid playbook anytime they want to scare the populace into compliance.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/07/15/if-you-were-a-sheep-during-covid-admit-you-were-wrong-and-do-better-next-time/

Offline Hoodat

Even now, I still see people wearing masks out in public.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

As do I.

Online DB

It was known very early on that the size of the virus was about 120 nm. Not even an N95 mask will reliably block that small of a particle. It takes very little to get through to infect you. And never mind your eye's that would provide direct entry for the virus into your body from the air...

The 6 foot rule was totally arbitrary. There was zero science behind it. Just edicts from high.

The plastic barriers inside a building with circulating air also had zero science behind them.

It was all theater from the beginning.

Science and liberty died during COVID.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
"you really owe an apology to those who stood up for civil liberties during Covid and must commit to being smarter and braver in the future."

Screw you lady, nobody owes you jack squat.

I wasn't one of those people, but I don't
 like sanctimony regardless of source.  If I knew this woman, I'd want to wear a mask around her just to piss her off.

That "you must commit to be smarter and braver in the future" is the kind of crap Gen Z leftists spew.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 10:06:10 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline mountaineer

People who were duped by Fauci, et al., don't owe us unvaccinated any apologies. I just hope they now understand their government lied to them, and that they're suffering from it. We have a friend who greatly regrets acceding to the vax and one booster. He says he's now chronically exhausted and easily could sleep 20 hours a day. Another friend got tinnitus from the shot, and is sorry he subjected himself to it. They were lied to. We all were lied to. The liars owe all of us an apology.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The COVID exercise was a wildly successful CHICOM biowarfare experiment and they now know EXACTLY how to tailor their next attack.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
People who were duped by Fauci, et al., don't owe us unvaccinated any apologies. I just hope they now understand their government lied to them, and that they're suffering from it. We have a friend who greatly regrets acceding to the vax and one booster. He says he's now chronically exhausted and easily could sleep 20 hours a day. Another friend got tinnitus from the shot, and is sorry he subjected himself to it. They were lied to. We all were lied to. The liars owe all of us an apology.

The problem I saw that bugged me was the fact that people who took the so-called vaccines became emotionally vested, and were just as shrill as BLM activists.  They were the ones demanding the unvaxed be shunned and locked out of society.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

Some definitely were like that, @Cyber Liberty
I know more than a few who have regrets,  though.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Some definitely were like that, @Cyber Liberty
I know more than a few who have regrets,  though.

:yowsa: So do I @mountaineer many of my former FB friends have said this to me directly.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The problem I saw that bugged me was the fact that people who took the so-called vaccines became emotionally vested, and were just as shrill as BLM activists.  They were the ones demanding the unvaxed be shunned and locked out of society.
I think some of that was out of fear that those who had doubts about the jabs were right.

I am the only one of my generation and up in my immediate family who had none of the shots. The kids and grands and great grands haven't had them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

The best are when you see someone riding in the car, wearing a mask, by themselves.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Around here, it's mostly the people of Chinese/Asian descent who wear masks.

In all fairness, they wore them before Covid was a gleam in Dr. Fauci's eye.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DB

I know people who demanded that grandparents get vaccinated in order to see their grand kids and vice-verse. Very bad. All for a "vaccine" that didn't work.

Offline roamer_1

We all were lied to. The liars owe all of us an apology.

An apology? The murderous bastards prevented life saving antivirals from being distributed. How many DIED because of that alone?

Apology my ass. If there were any justice they would stand at Nuremberg... And less that, in US criminal court, with death on the table.

Offline PeteS in CA

Around here, it's mostly the people of Chinese/Asian descent who wear masks.

In all fairness, they wore them before Covid was a gleam in Dr. Fauci's eye.

Ditto. My employer of the past >>5 years (intentional vagueness) has many employees from East Asian countries. Long before Covid came around I would see coworkers here and there during cold & flu or allergy seasons wearing a mask for a few days. They wanted to lessen the chance of sharing whatever virus they had with coworkers or wanted to block whatever pollens were in season. They aren't sheeple, they just have different cultural healthcare common practices.

And even in other public places I feel no need to mentally critique others' mask or no mask choices. If they actually were living in fear they would not be out in public to be seen.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

Apology my ass. If there were any justice they would stand at Nuremberg... And less that, in US criminal court, with death on the table.

Don't hold back.  Tell us how you really feel.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Don't hold back.  Tell us how you really feel.

More than feel. It's how I think. Look at it. REALLY look at it... Them sonsabiches DENIED CARE using the medical system to do it. Every damn one of them is complicit in the outright murder of thousands... maybe millions world wide...

And somehow that flies under the radar, and the same damn bastards stay in power without shame.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
If You Were A Sheep During Covid, Admit You Were Wrong And Do Better Next Time

Those who were Covid cowards need to stand up against tyranny in the future. It’s the least they can do.

By: Evita Duffy-Alfonso
July 15, 2023

If you were one of those people who always diligently wore an ineffective mask, got the experimental vaccine and boosters, or performatively practiced social distancing, you really owe an apology to those who stood up for civil liberties during Covid and must commit to being smarter and braver in the future.

The Covid years mark what was arguably the greatest encroachment on personal freedom and bodily autonomy in the history of our country. The government decimated the American economy by forcibly closing businesses. It enacted unethical and anti-science mask mandates and government employee vaccine mandates, even though the Covid shots do not prevent people from spreading or contracting the virus.

Many counties and cities made life for the unvaccinated as uncomfortable as possible, with some prohibiting them from dining in restaurants and going to the gym or entertainment venues. Meanwhile, private businesses and schools had their own social distancing, vaccine, and mask requirements, with even many churches bending the knee.

It was at least somewhat reasonable to wear a mask or social distance at the very beginning of Covid because there were so many unknowns about the virus. Yet the insanity lasted for years, well after it was clear the response to the virus was causing more harm than good and studies showed the lockdowns were futile, cloth masks were not effective, and the vaccine was causing serious injuries. 

Thanks to the inaction of millions of Americans, the response to Covid irreversibly damaged our country. Yes, people lost their livelihoods, and it stunted the education of an entire generation of children, with hundreds of thousands to this day still reportedly missing from school systems across the country. However, it also set an alarming precedent that in America we willingly give up essential liberty anytime federal bureaucrats claim we are facing a public “emergency.”

Even worse is the example Covid set for younger generations. Perhaps nowhere in America was Covid more authoritarian than on college campuses, where young people were taught that mental submission, creepy surveillance, and Covid violation reporting systems were essential, virtuous, and even normal.

The ramifications of the Covid response will be felt for decades. If we learned anything from the WEF’s “Great Reset,” it’s that Covid is no one-off. Now that our leaders have watched the majority of the population relinquish their liberties for a virus comparable for many in the general population to the seasonal flu, they’re going to whip out the Covid playbook anytime they want to scare the populace into compliance.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/07/15/if-you-were-a-sheep-during-covid-admit-you-were-wrong-and-do-better-next-time/

I'm sure I can find some videos of Trump saying social distance, etc. take the vaccines, etc.

Online DB

More than feel. It's how I think. Look at it. REALLY look at it... Them sonsabiches DENIED CARE using the medical system to do it. Every damn one of them is complicit in the outright murder of thousands... maybe millions world wide...

And somehow that flies under the radar, and the same damn bastards stay in power without shame.

And forcing people to die alone is unforgiveable.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Crimes against humanity. Violations of the Nuremberg Code.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

I'm sure I can find some videos of Trump saying social distance, etc. take the vaccines, etc.

There are also videos of him saying he made the decision to lock the country down. That he had the authority to. He also said DeSantis opened his state too soon while encouraging everyone to remain in lockdown. And yet some here say Trump bares no responsibility for what was done under his watch.

Offline Idiot

And forcing people to die alone is unforgiveable.
A friend of mine passed away during COVID and the family decided not to have a funeral, which is unbelievably sad.

I was one of the "sheep" that took the shot, since I was trying to protect my then 90 yr. old mom from dying a horrible death alone in the hospital.  There was a lot of fear of the unknown then.  For those that say COVID was no big deal, we had a lot of people die in my down of 100,000.  I personally know quite a few that died.  Our hospitals were overrun, yes it was BAD.

Looking back I probably wouldn't have taken the shot, knowing what I know now. 

Online DB

A friend of mine passed away during COVID and the family decided not to have a funeral, which is unbelievably sad.

I was one of the "sheep" that took the shot, since I was trying to protect my then 90 yr. old mom from dying a horrible death alone in the hospital.  There was a lot of fear of the unknown then.  For those that say COVID was no big deal, we had a lot of people die in my down of 100,000.  I personally know quite a few that died.  Our hospitals were overrun, yes it was BAD.

Looking back I probably wouldn't have taken the shot, knowing what I know now.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Yes, it was awful for a lot of people and greatly made worse by the bad information/actions of our government.

Very early on it was reported that in China the vast number of people who died or got really sick were deficient in vitamin D3. That it was a common thread to the outcomes of catching the virus. It was the immune system's response to the virus that flooded people's lungs killing them. It is known as a cytokine storm. Vitamin D3 was well known in reducing cytokine storms yet government said nothing.

My family including my 85 year old mother who lives with us took 5,000 IU of vitamin D3 daily before the virus came to the US. She got a strange on and off again high fever around mother's day in 2020. I got what she had a couple of weeks later. Very strange high fever that was highly intermittent over the course of a day. It lasted a few days. That ended up being our only symptom (short of the toll the fever takes on the body). It would seem highly likely that that simple low-cost dietary supplement made the difference. But you needed to have started it before being infected.

Offline Hoodat

For those that say COVID was no big deal, we had a lot of people die in my down of 100,000.  I personally know quite a few that died.  Our hospitals were overrun, yes it was BAD.

Hospitals got paid for dead Covid patients, not live ones.  Let that sink in.